shape
carat
color
clarity

WG setting, Plat. band....bad idea??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

180q

Rough_Rock
I''ve decided on a D. Vatche double prong setting, but in WG so that it fits into my budget. I really like a matching band offered by Tiffany. It only comes in Platinum, of course. How bad of an idea is it to mate these two together? TIA

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
180q

It''s a bad idea. Not the worst idea but not the best either.

White gold is going to turn yellow. Might happen in a few months, might take a year or more.

Platinum is going to turn greyish and get scratches all over. The two rings will have very different tones within a short amount of time.

Can''t you get someone to make a matching band in white gold that''s similar to the Tiffany ring? Will match much better and save some $$$ to boot.

180q

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply. That''s pretty much what I had figured, I just wanted to have it confirmed. I''m not so sure it can be duplicated, or even where to go for such a task. I''d be all for a WG example, but I don''t see it happening. Here''s the band:

Tiffany

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results