shape
carat
color
clarity

WF''s 8-prong vs. 3-prong martini for stud earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hozo

Rough_Rock
Hi, I''m a complete newbie looking for diamond stud earrings as a gift. After reading numerous old posts from the search, I found the general advice for newbies like me seems to be WhiteFlash''s "expert selection/ready to go." My question is how do their 8-prong martini settings look? All the old posts recommended 3-prong martini over 4-prong basket, but they never mentioned the 8-prong. As an engineer, the 8-prong looks beautiful in its construction and symmetry. But then again, I can''t say I know any engineers turned fashion designers. I''m looking to get the .7 or .8 ct TW so my stones would look smaller than the picture.

gi_WFER-AE200-Set_m.jpg
Vs.
gi_WFER-22641-SET_m.jpg

Your recommendations? 8-prong or 3-prong for 0.7/0.8 ct tw stud earrings?

Thanks!

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
With those sized stones, I would stick to the three prong setting. I think the 8 prong setting would overpower the stones.

ETA: Have you considered the 3 prong handmade martini setting? They look even lighter than the ones you posted.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2006 5:48:26 PM
Author:hozo

My question is how do their 8-prong martini settings look? All the old posts recommended 3-prong martini over 4-prong basket, but they never mentioned the 8-prong. As an engineer, the 8-prong looks beautiful in its construction and symmetry. But then again, I can''t say I know any engineers turned fashion designers. I''m looking to get the .7 or .8 ct TW so my stones would look smaller than the picture.

Your recommendations? 8-prong or 3-prong for 0.7/0.8 ct tw stud earrings?
Hozo, I''ve seen the 8-prongs in person.....in fact, HERE is a thread that has pictures of what they look like with 1.50 ctw stones (.75 each).

They looked good on stones of .75 each, but you''re talking about half that - .40 or so stones each. I honestly would probably go 3-prong on those to avoid overpowering the stone.

If you really like them, though, I''d suggest calling WF and asking if they have 8-prongs that will fit stones of the size you have in mind and if THEY think it will look good. They are pretty good at saying "that would look great" or "yanno, I don''t think that will produce the look you are trying to achieve."

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have the 3prong and love them. the prongs are so delicate and the diamond is really showcased well. it *seems* like more prongs would be better suited to larger diamonds but then again, they are so delicate the effect of more prongs might not be a factor at all. mara and alj have seen the 8prong in person, maybe they will chime in as to what their impressions were and what size they saw. either way, you are going to have awesome diamonds, the setting is just icing on the cake.
18.gif

please post them, whatever you decide!

ets: okay...so my slow posting has got me again!
37.gif

glad alj could chime in with her thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results