shape
carat
color
clarity

WF upgrade policy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

prettycat

Rough_Rock
Just bought a 0.8 ACA round diamond from WF. If I want to go bigger in 5 years but keep the same setting, do I just need to pay the difference between the new diamond price and the purchase price for my current stone? Any other charges?
Also I am curious what WF will do with the used stone they get back from me.

prettycat

Rough_Rock
Resell? But never heard of any used diamonds for sale.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They aren''t sold as used. Usually the diamond is sent back in to be recertified and it is sold as represented by the new lab certificate. I assume if there has been damage to the stone, the trade-in would be affected. Otherwise, it would be in the same condition as it was when originally sold and commands the same price as a similar "new" stone.

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Any diamond could have been on someones hand for 5 years and be simply recerted to show that it is "new."

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exactly, ditto DS and Beach. We usually purchase a diamond without knowing its history anyway and it is not impossible that our diamond has had a previous life! You can be assured if you buy from a trusted vendor the diamond will be in the top notch condition it was in when the cutter created it so no need to worry.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 3:01:55 PM
Author:prettycat
Just bought a 0.8 ACA round diamond from WF. If I want to go bigger in 5 years but keep the same setting, do I just need to pay the difference between the new diamond price and the purchase price for my current stone? Any other charges?
Also I am curious what WF will do with the used stone they get back from me.
Pretty, you can trade your existing stone toward one of greater value. You will get 100% of purchase price less shipping to apply as a credit toward the new purchase. You'd also be charged a setting fee to set the new stone.

If your bigger stone doesn't fit the head of your existing ring, there may be a need to replace the head as well, if that's possible with your style setting. It all depends on how much larger you plan to go.

The stone you trade in would be sent to the lab for regrading and then most likely put back into our inventory. As others have mentioned, diamond are different from other goods in that they don't deteriorate (typically) with 'use', so they aren't akin to a 'used' item. They can incur chipping, etc. (which is why we send them to the lab for regrade); if needed, we can polish out any light chips to restore the stone to proper condition.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results