shape
carat
color
clarity

WF ''Trois Brillent'' Ring opinion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tuanle55

Rough_Rock
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/3Stone/Trois-brillent_1031.htm

I 'm hoping someone bought this ring before and can post some pictures of theirs. The picture on WF is not enough for me to make a decision but I really love this ring right now. It's got the center stone flush look into the ring and it's got the 2 small stones on the side in place perfectly with the prongs not sticking up like the standard 3 stone ring. I don't like rings where the stone is raise high up and away from the ring.

Also, I search and search and saw the endless discussion on white gold vs platinum, should i go for platinum ? :)

UPDATE: 01/07/2007: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wf-trois-brillent-3-stone-ring.55855/ Pictures posted!! I went with Platinum.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the ring looks lovely! I think that is a fairly new setting, so there may not be any of that one posted yet.

As far as white gold vs. platinum goes, it was hard for me to decide. But after talking with my jeweler, I decided that I''d either go with 18k white gold or 90/10 platinum, and most vendors are using 95 platinum, which is a little softer and scratches more than the other. So my end result was to go with the 18k wg since Mark Morrell is one of the few using the 90/10 plat/iridium. But there are pros and cons to everything.

DBM

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/4/2006 1:42:46 PM
Author:tuanle55
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/3Stone/Trois-brillent_1031.htm

I ''m hoping someone bought this ring before and can post some pictures of theirs. The picture on WF is not enough for me to make a decision but I really love this ring right now. It''s got the center stone flush look into the ring and it''s got the 2 small stones on the side in place perfectly with the prongs not sticking up like the standard 3 stone ring. I don''t like rings where the stone is raise high up and away from the ring.

Also, I search and search and saw the endless discussion on white gold vs platinum, should i go for platinum ? :)

there was a man with username of BoogeyMan on the forum here who was looking into that setting. maybe he got it already. ask him if you can

rockbie

Rough_Rock
what size is your gf''s finger and how big you want the center stone ??

tuanle55

Rough_Rock
My girlfriend''s finger size is a 5 and I was planning to get a 1.04 carat stone from Whiteflash.

I emailed Tracy at WF asking for additional pictures then the 2 that''s posted on their website which I think is really not enough to show me what the ring looks like. I love how the JamesAllen website has the 3D View and the Hands View. I wish WF or all diamond online vendors would have something like that or as many photos as possible from different angles.

tuanle55

Rough_Rock
Additional photos I just received from Tracy at WF. I thought I should share it for it everyone to see.

gi_WF-4072_m.jpg
gi_WF-4072_f.jpg

Stock photos on WF site.

J_Langer_1110.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
That''s a beauty alright! YUM, I love it!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
awesome! i really like that setting
18.gif

my 3stone w-prong from wf is wg and i love it.
36.gif

tuanle55

Rough_Rock
I was getting opinion on it and while it absolutely looks gorgeous,

I'm concern the 2 side stones are quite big where it won't make my center stone stand out. I'm getting a 1.04 carat center stone and the sides are 0.5c each. Would it make sense to ask for a smaller side stone? I just emailed WF asking what size is that center stone in these pictures.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
are you sure the sides are .5 each? i haven't looked at the specs. of that setting. the sides on mine are .25 each and are just right for my 7mm stone.

eta:
i just looked at the link... the tcw is .5, so the sides are .25 each. perfect!

tuanle55

Rough_Rock
You have the Trois Brillent ?? That's how I interpreted it from the description but I can see its possible I may be wrong. I will shoot another question to them.

I'm going to sneak in another question to this thread,

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/Matching_Compare.aspx?oldID=55893&newID=56039
These are the two center stones I have it narrowed down to. Which one do you guys think is better? The price is neglible as it's about $80 difference with the discount from pricescope. Unless someone thinks I should maybe downgrade to a G color for about $800 cheaper and then maybe get Platinum for the ring.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was thinking of getting this ring but they didn''t provide me with additional photos. They said if they set the ring and you don''t like it you can return it. The diamonds are .25 each on the side. Hope that helps

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2006 7:51:52 PM
Author: tuanle55
You have the Trois Brillent ?? That''s how I interpreted it from the description but I can see its possible I may be wrong. I will shoot another question to them.

I''m going to sneak in another question to this thread,

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/Matching_Compare.aspx?oldID=55893&newID=56039
These are the two center stones I have it narrowed down to. Which one do you guys think is better? The price is neglible as it''s about $80 difference with the discount from pricescope. Unless someone thinks I should maybe downgrade to a G color for about $800 cheaper and then maybe get Platinum for the ring.
no, i have the w-prong http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/3Stone/3-Stone--W-Prong--by-WF_944.htm it also has .5tcw (total carat weight) sides, so each of the sides are .25

both diamonds you picked are perfection but i would vote for going with a ''g''. you will never ever notice the color difference and you can put the $$$ you save into a plat setting, or bigger stone.
i have a g/si stone and LOOOOOOVE it!
18.gif

Boogeyman

Rough_Rock
After looking at seemingly countless settings, this is the setting I am going with. Also setting a WF stone which is 1.01. Sides total .50 TCW. Still undecided as to Plat or WG.

DBM

Shiny_Rock
how nice, taking the picture with the ring on a rose petal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results