shape
carat
color
clarity

WF Tiffany vs. SuperbCert Tiffany?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elaineh

Rough_Rock
Has anyone seen the WF Tiffany Knife-Edge and the SuperbCert Tiffany settings in person? I''m still torn between the two. Is there a (noticeable) difference? Which one is closer to the real Tiffany setting? I have a 1.2 ct ACA. Thanks!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve not seen either in person. but based on previous threads around here the Superbcert version is the closest to the real Tiffany.

elaineh

Rough_Rock
thanks for the input mrssalvo. i think i''m leaning towards the superbcert one too.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I have the Whiteflash Tiffany setting and I am very happy with it. I do not know how to transfer pictures but you can see my ring under my name on Show Me The RIng, Just received my 4+ carat ring from Whiteflash. Since the photos are large you can get a good idea of what the setting looks like.
I just had my ring reappraised by David Wolf and was told that although the setting appears delicate and slim from the top, the amount of platinum was substantial and he appraised the setting at replacement for more than I paid.

elaineh

Rough_Rock
hi solange. thanks so much for replying. i love your ring! it''s one of the ones i saved and looked at a gazillion times.
5.gif

wow! a 4ct?! can''t wait to see pictures!

i ordered my ring already with WF. had them modify a few things, and hopefully it''ll be ready some time next week. so excited! i''ll post pictures as soon as i get them.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
How exciting that you ordered the modified Tiffany Knife Edge setting from WF.
36.gif
May I ask what changed your mind from a Superbcert to WF Tiffany Knife Edge?

This may be a bit late but I wanted to share this picture with you. I haven't seen a WF Tiffany Knife-Edge is person but I have seen a Superbcert Tiffany settings and authentic Tiffany setting. Below is a picture that was taken at a PS get together last year.

Carebear's Superbcert setting is on the left and Pearberry's authentic Tiffany setting is on the right. Very similar.

Can't wait to see pictures of your ring! Your 1.2 ACA is going to look gorgeous in that setting!

PS GTG 0706.jpg

elaineh

Rough_Rock
thanks for the picture snlee. the two rings look very similiar and beautiful!

there were a few things i wanted them to change...(these are the differences i saw btw the SC and the WF..pictures of course)
1) more "U" at the base of the prongs
2) less thick at the base of the prongs
3) diamond set med-low like the real tiffany''s (or maybe even lower...not sure)
4) smaller base, and prongs to contour the diamond more...giving it a flower effect
5) tiny prongs (which they do a great job anyways)

katie emailed me back with...
1) split will be lower
2) slightly thinner shank
3) U in the prongs
and a few others (she didn''t tell me)... i hope it''ll turn out great! kinda nervous, but i trust them completely. hopefully i''ll get pictures from them some time next week.

here''s the link to WF''s Tiffany Knife-Edge plat.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results