shape
carat
color
clarity

WF Ready Set to Go vs. loose stones for earrings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

calbear92

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
This forum was EXTREMELY helpful a couple years ago when I bought my wife''s engagement ring. Well coming up on our first year wedding anniversary (and her birthday), it seems like some diamond earrings to complement her rings are in order!
30.gif
I''m thinking about 3/4 ct tw (~.375 each) as my wife is only 5'' 3".
I''ve done a bunch of reading on the forums to get up to speed on earrings, but would really appreciate the collective wisdom on a few questions:

1) The Whiteflash ES Ready Set to Go stones are "I SI." (I assume that''s SI1) In loose stones, I would likely get a G color like her e-ring. Being a bit color sensitive, would "I" be too yellow or not noticeable in this size?

2) I love fire! (Her e-ring has an HCA of 1.1.) How is the fire from the Whiteflash? Would they have excellent HCA scores or is it more of a crap shoot?

3) Would hearts and arrows (if cut that way) be noticeable in a stone about .35-.4 cts? Is that of no noticeable value?

Would love thoughts on the questions above and any other recommendations. Thanks in advance!!!
Dan

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
The ready to go earrings are great value because they don''t have certs - they are Expert Selection standard rather than ACA i.e. beautiful stones with good arrows, but not quite up to Brian''s very high ACA standards. Others have raved about the quality of stones and have been very pleased with theirs.

One thing to mention is that the ready to go stones are not upgradable, so if you were planning on doing this in future then you might want to look at stones in the Expert Selection area or ACA from Whiteflash.

Good luck with the search!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS
35.gif
The ES earrings are great value and beautiful!
30.gif
Many have them here and love them! As to the H&A being visible to the naked eye in a smaller size and general viewing conditions I am not sure, but being ES they are bound to have a nice arrow pattern. As to the fire WF can advise you as to the best fit for you regarding the table size and crown and pav angles to find the most firey pair. - you are guaranteed these will be a great cut. An I should be a very nice choice and look very white, also you could drop the clarity to an SI2 and still have eyeclean diamonds.

calbear92

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like the biggest decision then is more about "mind-clean," eh?
28.gif

Assuming WF can help pick a pair of their ES Ready Set to Go stones that are firey (I would think a 55-56 table) then the only hang-up for me would be the I color.

The other thing would be size b/c they offer the .7 ctw or .8 ctw. ($1175 and $1495 respectively). With loose stones though, say for $1800, I could get .75 ctw (G color) and be upgradeable.

I guess the hard part is whether the extra $600 makes sense or is a waste of money. Are the WF ES RSTG truly comparable quality for less money. Would be stupid to spend 50% more for not much extra value, or maybe it''s worth it for the mind-clean G color and upgradeability...
40.gif

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I have the 0.8 ct tw Ready Set Go earrings, and while I like them very much, I would probably not get them again. I don't like the fact that I can't upgrade them and use the money I (my husband) paid to get a bigger pair. I also would get higher colored stones. I can see the color in these stones, but I am color sensitive. I don't think the color is noticeable to other people, but it is to me when I take them off my ears. It doesn't really bother me, but in retrospect I wish I would have picked out my own stones.

ETA: I have a G colored stone in a pendant that is an Expert Selection that I picked out myself. I don't see any difference in sparkle between the earrings and this stone. They are all equally sparkly, so they must be near H&A quality like the stone I picked. The main reason I wouldn't buy these earrings again is because of the lack of ability to upgrade.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
I also have the .80 tcw ready set go studs in platinum and they are I/SI. I LOVE them. I am 5''4" and I think my ears are normal sized :) and I think they are the perfect size. I wanted studs that were noticeable and versatile (a size that could be dressy as well as for every day) and I knew that I wouldnt be upgrading in the future.And if I do no biggie, just get another pair heehee.

I dont notice any color at all in my studs (im not super color sensitive, color is more a mental thing for me) and I think the fire is great. I am very pleased with them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results