shape
carat
color
clarity

WF re-plating

adrift02

Rough_Rock
Hey all,

Can't find the info on the website so I thought I would ask here. What is the average cost (including shipping) to re-plate a 18k whitegold e-ring bought at whiteflash?

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Why not take it to a local jeweler? The cost of shipping alone might exceed the cost to have it dipped locally

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
hmm not sure, just ask someone from WF live chat~

adrift02

Rough_Rock
I just have seen a lot of negative reactions at PS to having a B&M handle the rings. Figured it would be best to let the dealer handle it when the time came. But, if there is no standard price you guys can quote I'll just send an email to WF.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
adrift02|1303632065|2903923 said:
I just have seen a lot of negative reactions at PS to having a B&M handle the rings. Figured it would be best to let the dealer handle it when the time came. But, if there is no standard price you guys can quote I'll just send an email to WF.
Replating is very simple. They just dip it. The B&M issues have more to do with bench work. There is no bench work with replating.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's been a while since I had something re-plated but it was about $30 at the time. If you've got a nice local mom and pop store I'd probably let them do it. They won't be messing with your setting at all, just dipping it so it should be fine. Or course, if you feel better about just sending it to WF you should do that.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, I would never send something back to a PS vendor for rhodium plating. I would only send the ring back to them if I was having a pave ring sized or having the head changed due to an upgrade or something like that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results