shape
carat
color
clarity

WF modification of DBTY solitaire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I found a picture somewhere on PS of a DBTY style solitaire necklace made by WhiteFlash. It was modified a bit so the pointed culet did not poke the wearer. They put just a thin piece of platinum across the diamond from the back to cover the culet. Does anyone have the picture that was posted saved... or does someone remember the thread? I have searched EVERYWHERE and can not find it again. It was such a clever idea.

Help?!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
I think this is what you are looking for

pendant_back1.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2007 12:33:03 AM
Author: KtIceRN
I think this is what you are looking for
KtIceRN come to the rescue, good job!!!
1.gif

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Kaleigh!
9.gif

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
exactly!! Thank you. Does anyone think that would make the stone flip MORE, or probably no difference than if culet open. I gues flipping has more to do with weight and where attached to chain?

Sabrina_Fair

Rough_Rock
Hi Green,
35.gif

That''s my pendant and I''ve had this one since September. It doesn''t flip at all, only tilts, depending on how high it''s sitting on your neck. If it''s a shorter chain and closer to where all the muscles lie on your neck, it will tilt if you look right, left, etc. When it''s a bit lower, it tends to stay at the same angle. It tends to angle a bit upwards, just because women do not have straight ....erm.... bodies.
2.gif

I tried open culet and it tilted AND poked so I much prefer this one. If you go with a smaller stone, be prepared to pay a large percentage of the cost in the setting if you go custom.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results