shape
carat
color
clarity

WF Harmony vs. Half Eternity Wedding Ring

bps413

Shiny_Rock
Hi Folks! It's been a while. Purchased a 1.7ct ACA solitaire w. Vatche U113 setting from WF some time ago. Had a fantastic experience with WF as a company and now we are in the market for a coordinating wedding ring! Looking for any input, pros/cons, thoughts or feedback on the WF Harmony band (.41 ctw) vs. WF Diamonds for an Eternity Half band (.5 ctw). Are you a current owner? Do you love it? Do you hate it and why?

Which would be a better option to go with? Want something that will complement the engagement ring and not overpower the solitaire. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

swingtime

Shiny_Rock
I don't have either of those bands, but I might have some helpful feedback. I used to have the Vatche U113 with a 1.6 ct WF ACA. I paired it with the 2.2 mm wide Tiffany Embrace - similar, I think, to both of those bands - and I thought they looked beautiful together. The narrow width of the Embrace made the solitaire really stand out. And the width was close to that of the Vatche (2.1 mm), which was pleasing to the eye. Can you ask your WF SA if one of the bands you're considering would work better in terms of the diamonds not damaging the adjacent ring's metal?

bps413

Shiny_Rock
I don't have either of those bands, but I might have some helpful feedback. I used to have the Vatche U113 with a 1.6 ct WF ACA. I paired it with the 2.2 mm wide Tiffany Embrace - similar, I think, to both of those bands - and I thought they looked beautiful together. The narrow width of the Embrace made the solitaire really stand out. And the width was close to that of the Vatche (2.1 mm), which was pleasing to the eye. Can you ask your WF SA if one of the bands you're considering would work better in terms of the diamonds not damaging the adjacent ring's metal?

Hi yes the SA confirmed that either would be a nice option! Although didn't have a photo of the Harmony to show unfortunately.

I didn't consider the width of the bands, so I appreciate you bringing that point up...in comparing width of the two bands, the diamonds on the eternity appear to be larger compared to the diamonds on the Harmony band but the width is a lot smaller. This is surprising!

bps413

Shiny_Rock
I used to have the Vatche U113 with a 1.6 ct WF ACA. I paired it with the 2.2 mm wide Tiffany Embrace

also if you have any handshots to share, I'd love to see them!

swingtime

Shiny_Rock
This is so fuzzy, but it's the only one I have. This size band added plenty of bling (to my eye), without overshadowing the ering diamond.

I remember one of the experts here telling me that a lower set band was safer, ie, the diamonds on the band wouldn't saw into the metal of the ering. I hope someone more knowledgeable will chime in.
1650939054447.jpeg

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
I have the WF harmony and I ADORE it. I don’t have to worry about the diamonds of my band eating away at my engagement ring. It’s super comfortable to wear. The diamonds go about 80% around. It’s just enough sparkle to complement the ering but not overwhelm it. It’s perfect. I highly recommend it. 14090FBF-06C5-4336-BA65-4D3805B07AE9.png A149F8CF-A4E8-4BE6-926E-387E5193C344.png 51215B2D-3E8A-4158-B302-62E5EA731844.png

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
Also just to add some more for your consideration the band of my ering is 2mm and the difference between the harmony and my ering is negligible. I once upon a time wore a traditional gorgeous eternity band with my ring but the diamonds of that band ate away at my ering so badly I had to have the head replaced and get another wedding band. Needless to say that eternity band is now my right hand ring and I’m beyond thrilled with the harmony band. No damage and I get compliments galore on my set. Let me know if you want me post any other pictures of it. I’d be happy to. Good luck deciding. I’m sure it will look gorgeous no matter what you decide

bps413

Shiny_Rock
This size band added plenty of bling (to my eye), without overshadowing the ering diamond.
Love it! I agree, it's a very balanced look, thanks for posting! Handshots are always so helpful on this forum!

I have the WF harmony and I ADORE it. I don’t have to worry about the diamonds of my band eating away at my engagement ring. It’s super comfortable to wear.
WOW! This is a set! Absolutely beautiful. How big is your center stone for reference? I see what you mean about the diamonds looking pretty well insulated from the sides of the ring so no/low risk of eating at the ER prongs.

Let me know if you want me post any other pictures of it.
Would love any other photos you can take. It almost looks like the stones themselves are "inset" would you agree? Probably not the official way to describe what I'm seeing, but I'm no expert.

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
Love it! I agree, it's a very balanced look, thanks for posting! Handshots are always so helpful on this forum!

WOW! This is a set! Absolutely beautiful. How big is your center stone for reference? I see what you mean about the diamonds looking pretty well insulated from the sides of the ring so no/low risk of eating at the ER prongs.

Would love any other photos you can take. It almost looks like the stones themselves are "inset" would you agree? Probably not the official way to describe what I'm seeing, but I'm no expert.

My center stone is 2.16 ct. and it’s a great balance of just enough bling from the wedding band but not too much. The style of the band is fishtail pave I believe. With a regular eternity band you really have to be careful of the diamond eating away at the ering. For that reason I would caution you against it. If you decide to go traditional eternity you might have to consider getting a spacer band to prevent that. I hate that idea as it adds bulk but that’s just me. With the harmony there is no risk of that at all. I have a traditional eternity and the harmony so I can post pictures of both for you.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I'm also considering the harmony band (in yg) and the pictures in this thread are a great reference.

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
I'm also considering the harmony band (in yg) and the pictures in this thread are a great reference.

Highly highly recommend. It’s understated elegance at its finest. I’m glad my pictures help. I’ll be happy to answer any questions you might have.

bps413

Shiny_Rock
I think this picture really shows the difference between the two.

Couldn't agree more, the side by side photo is EXACTLY what I've been looking for...and may have just made the decision SO much harder! :lol-2:

To confirm, the left side ring (Eternity) stones are slightly larger than stock? And the Harmony on the right is stock size (.41 ctw)?

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
Couldn't agree more, the side by side photo is EXACTLY what I've been looking for...and may have just made the decision SO much harder! :lol-2:

To confirm, the left side ring (Eternity) stones are slightly larger than stock? And the Harmony on the right is stock size (.41 ctw)?

Yes the harmony is stock. .41 ctw. The eternity ring on WF is roughly 0.035 per stone I think the one I have is 0.053 per stone. So quite a bit larger I guess. But you get the idea of the styles. Let us know what you decide!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results