shape
carat
color
clarity

WF Halo Bezel Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
As some of you are aware (as you have been on this journey with me - and I really appreciate you!) I am narrowing down my choices for my setting.

I love this one and I was wondering if anyone who has it can help me out.

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/Halo-Bezel-Ring-By-WF_940.htm#

I wonder how durable the diamonds on the shank will be and if it would look right if I was to have it made without them. I love how it looks but I worry it may be uncomfortable. I think Shay has this setting so it would be fab to hear how she is getting on with it.

As always thankyou for your help!
1.gif

Maisie

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I can''t speak to the durability over time, but I can tell you that I wore this piece for a few hours and it was completely comfortable. Being bead set, the shank diamonds were quite comfortable.

I think it would look beautiful if you chose to go with a plain shank, too.....either version would be lovely. Ooooooo - or perhaps just a few scattered stones in the shank? Could be an option too.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh yes!! So many options!! I wonder how much more I would have to pay as it would be entering into the realms of custom made wouldn''t it?

Might I ask how you came to be so lucky to have worn the ring for a few hours?
1.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Maisie, I was just popping in for a moment and saw this. I have the Halo Prong which is the kissing cousin of the Halo Bezel.
31.gif
It is wonderfully comfortable. it is very low set so I can even put a pair of gloves on over it without a problem. I live in RI so I need to keep my hands warm most winters.
2.gif

Durability-wise, fab, just fab. WF just made this design so well. I cannot say enough about the workmanship.

shay

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Shay - i was hoping you would see this - I didn''t realise it would be so quick! I really love this one and I need one that will protect my diamond as I want to upgrade it at some point.

Its so gorgeous!!!
30.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 7:27:38 PM
Author: Maisie
Thank you Shay - i was hoping you would see this - I didn''t realise it would be so quick! I really love this one and I need one that will protect my diamond as I want to upgrade it at some point.

Its so gorgeous!!!
30.gif
Honey, you ain''t even seen that baby in person. WOW!!!!! My neighbor said she could see it flashing from across the street, and she lives two houses away from me on the corner. The melee in this ring is just to die for. You won''t believe that something that small could put off that kind of sparkles.

shay

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness!!!! I really love this ring!! Thank you so much for telling me how wonderful it is!!! I want sparkle!!!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Shay37 about Whiteflash''s ACA melee! I just got a custom engagment ring w/ halo and shank melee from them and it is insanely sparkly...everyone who looks at my ring comments on the sparkle factor! Can''t wait to see what you decide on!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 7:25:00 PM
Author: Shay37
Maisie, I was just popping in for a moment and saw this. I have the Halo Prong which is the kissing cousin of the Halo Bezel.
31.gif
It is wonderfully comfortable. it is very low set so I can even put a pair of gloves on over it without a problem. I live in RI so I need to keep my hands warm most winters.
2.gif

Durability-wise, fab, just fab. WF just made this design so well. I cannot say enough about the workmanship.

shay

SHAY....you live in RI??? Where? Omigosh - you aren''t that far at all!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is stunning, do not have any pertinent information but it is lovely!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 12:52:49 AM
Author: diamondfan
It is stunning, do not have any pertinent information but it is lovely!

It sooooo is!!!!
9.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I meant to ask - if anyone has a Halo - do they feel top heavy - is there a lot of slipping around? I tried one on once in a jewellers here and it slipped sideways straight away.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 11:54:14 PM
Author: aljdewey

Date: 3/22/2007 7:25:00 PM
31.gif
2.gif

shay

SHAY....you live in RI??? Where? Omigosh - you aren''t that far at all!
Just 5 minutes from Providence.
31.gif

shay

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Maisie, I think that setting is absolutely stunning!
30.gif
I am sure you would be thrilled with the ACA melee! And the halo will definitely make the stone appear larger!

Shay..I''m only about 5 minutes from Providence as well...you know every-once in a while I catch some serious flashes of bling while I''m in my yard...I wonder if that''s your ring I''m seeing!
28.gif
31.gif
28.gif

KT

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 12:29:31 PM
Author: KtIceRN
Maisie, I think that setting is absolutely stunning!
30.gif
I am sure you would be thrilled with the ACA melee! And the halo will definitely make the stone appear larger!

Shay..I''m only about 5 minutes from Providence as well...you know every-once in a while I catch some serious flashes of bling while I''m in my yard...I wonder if that''s your ring I''m seeing!
28.gif
31.gif
28.gif

KT
Where? You too, Alj? Where? Hmmmm.....GTG in the offing perhaps.

shay

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Shay, I''m in Warwick right off post road. I wonder where Alj is from??

I am totally up for a GTG!! That would be alot of fun!

KT

Sorry for the threadjack Masie
1.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 5:04:01 PM

KT

1.gif
me too, Maisie, but it''s so weird to find out I live like ten minutes from someone on PS and didn''t know it.
9.gif

KT, I''m in Johnston. We are so close. Yay!!!!

shay

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 6:09:31 PM

Date: 3/23/2007 5:04:01 PM

KT

1.gif
me too, Maisie, but it''s so weird to find out I live like ten minutes from someone on PS and didn''t know it.
9.gif

KT, I''m in Johnston. We are so close. Yay!!!!

shay

Don''t worry about it! Its really exciting - I wish I just lived down the road too
7.gif

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Maisie! We wished you lived right down the road too.
2.gif

Shay, we are practically neighbors! We definately should do a GTG. I could use some help taking neck shots of my bellerina. Only PSers know how to take good bling picks, and those neck shots are just too hard to do yourself.

I wonder if anyone else is from around here? Alj...where are you?!?

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Maisie, I am no help as far as info on the ring, but I do love both the bezel and prong styles of that setting - beautiful!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Shay and Ktn, I''m in North Shore, MA.....but LOVE coming down to Providence - in fact, was just there in mid-feb for a baby shower and the following weekend to shoot expectant mommy pics for a friend.

I''d LOVE to pull a GTG - don''t know what everyone''s schedule is like, but I''m free next weekend 3/31! I''d LOVE to bring the Canon down and help with some glamour shots, Ktn! LOL

What do you ladies think?

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Next weekend is good for me as well!!

Let''s make a plan.

KT

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
WOO-HOO! Hey, Shay.....you in?

Ooooo, this is SO exciting. Ktn, you're gonna have to ultrasonic those babies first! LOL OH, and you have to PROMISE to bring the ring in your avatar! SWOONABLE!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
YIPPIE!!!!! Can''t wait...it''s gonna be a bling fest!
36.gif

Ultrasonic then JewelJet steam!! Just for the pics...smile pretty girls!
9.gif

Come on Shay...you''ve got to be in!!

KT

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
I PROMISE to bring all my bling if you bring yours!

KT

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Hee hee........you bet!

I just started a thread to Shay so we don''t totally hijack this one!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 9:46:25 PM
Author: aljdewey
WOO-HOO! Hey, Shay.....you in?

Ooooo, this is SO exciting. Ktn, you''re gonna have to ultrasonic those babies first! LOL OH, and you have to PROMISE to bring the ring in your avatar! SWOONABLE!
I''m IN!!!!!

shay

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 5:18:28 AM
Author: Maisie
Oh I meant to ask - if anyone has a Halo - do they feel top heavy - is there a lot of slipping around? I tried one on once in a jewellers here and it slipped sideways straight away.
I don''t think that mine feels top heavy. If my fingers are small that day, it can spin a bit more. Since I wear it with my WB it tends not to slip around though. I think it''s important to get a good fit from the get go.

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results