shape
carat
color
clarity

WF, ES 2.02, F, VS2, Tiffany Platinum Setting 3 3/4

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

.dee

Rough_Rock
First post everyone!

first thing first, BIG BIG BIG thank you to Lauren Partier, im not sure what her username is, but I''m sure that she will post in this thread!, she has been an immense help, that well pretty much guide me through through everything, and introduced me to Katie from White Flash.

White Flash have been a pleasure to deal with and there is absolutely nothing that I could fault!!! read further if you are interested in all the details.

I was at a complete loss with regards to anything related o diamonds and Engagement rings, all i knew was that my G/F adored the Tiffany classic setting, so it was very straight forward for me, work out a budget>go to Tiffany>buy the biggest size you can within the budget. That was until I spoke to Lauren who well introduced me to all the other finer aspects that dictate what a quality stone is.

I started paying more attention to the Cut, the HCA scores, Symmetry, Clarity and so on. at that stage she introduced me to Katie at White Flash, who I started dealing with, there were numerous suggestion that WF has offered me, and it all eventually filtered out to one stone that to me appeared to be the best balance between Quality/Size/Price

I must also mention that all communication with WF was done through email, I traveled for work quite a lot recently, and as such didn''t have the opportunity to talk to them due to the time difference and also didn''t feel there really was a need as their emails were informative and concise. I must also stress that I felt very safe in paying for the diamond and having it sent to my home address in Sydney, Australia when I myself was in Europe. It was the most expensive purchase that I have ever done online without sighting the goods, and it was flawless.

Now the stone:

It is AGS certified
2.02 carats
F
VS2
No Fluorescence

AGS Ideal 0 Cut
HCA Score of 1 (see the picture bellow)

Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread Excellent

Setting:
WF Tiffany Knife Edge Platinum
Size 3 3/4

and now the pics, hand shots to follow later:

pic31dee1982.jpg

.dee

Rough_Rock
pic 2

pic4dee1982.jpg

.dee

Rough_Rock
pic 3

pic5dee1982.jpg

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
It''s beautiful! Love love love the classic look! Can''t wait to see handshots!
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh la la! 2 cts. on a 3 3/4 size finger??
hubba%20hubba.gif

You did great, it's perfect! She'll love it, and we'll love some handshots.
9.gif

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
W*O*W
30.gif

The ring you purchased is STUNNING. Absolutely breathtaking! Congratulations, I can NOT wait to see handshots!!!!!!!!

size 3.75 2+ct classic tiffany knife edge...............now THAT''S one heck of a ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

.dee

Rough_Rock
haha

thanks everyone, its on her hand, I just dont have any decent pictures, but will get some done soon

2.gif

just glad its all done!
26.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
This is a gorgeous ring! Your girlfriend is going to love this beautiful expression of effort! That setting with it''s swoopiness looks very romantic. CONGRATS!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!! You did a fantastic job on your choices and coordination even while traveling! Once your GF is wearing it you''ll have to post hand shots. We want to see that huge thing on her tiny finger!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Am in hand picture withdrawal.......please post some soon!!!

cheers--Sharon

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I don''t know how you could have bought a better stone ex, ex, ex, ex! and over 2cts!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i cant wait to see real pictures of this one!!! my friends and i were talking about other dream erings and this is one that i mentioned!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, what a GORGEOUS diamond!! Another one here that can''t wait for hand shots. It must look absolutely huge on her tiny finger. Congratulations!!

ktrkate08

Rough_Rock
beautiful ring! can''t wait to see it on her!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its gorgeous!! And its going to look MASSIVE on her tiny finger!!!!
30.gif

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
dude, i literally bought almost that exact same setup from WF about a year ago... same setting, similar size stone and stats--we both even have FI's with tiny fingers (mine's is a 3.5). They are great to deal with. I think you did great. Good work! The ring looks fantastci!

When will the engagement be? We're going to need hand pics!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just thinking that this ring was almost like sna77''s! It is gorgeous! The diamond is fabulous!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful, classic choice! It is going to be beautiful!

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2008 2:13:08 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I was just thinking that this ring was almost like sna77''s! It is gorgeous! The diamond is fabulous!

I''ll say... the original WF setting before I swapped out the setting for the SC one... looks like the same ring. =)

sna-wf-fnal-2006.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!
Can''t wait to see hand shots!
36.gif

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful! must see hand shots!

.dee

Rough_Rock
Tanks everyone!!!, im glad that you all like it, i guess with all the other rings constantly being posted on this forum, one would tend to get used to the high standards and not be quite easily pleased!

Date: 3/27/2008 12:27:25 PM
Author: sna77
dude, i literally bought almost that exact same setup from WF about a year ago... same setting, similar size stone and stats--we both even have FI''s with tiny fingers (mine''s is a 3.5). They are great to deal with. I think you did great. Good work! The ring looks fantastci!

haha yes, tiny finger ftw!

i saw the pics of your ring above, it is very similar!, correct me if im wrong but was that the Classic tiffany setting from WF or was it the knife edge tiffany setting? my understanding is that the Knife Edge has thinner prongs and is a closer match to the original tiffany one? I went with he knife edge setting since i wanted the thinner prongs, im trying to keep the metal to diamond ration to a minimum!
3.gif

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/28/2008 2:12:11 AM
Author: .dee
Tanks everyone!!!, im glad that you all like it, i guess with all the other rings constantly being posted on this forum, one would tend to get used to the high standards and not be quite easily pleased!

Date: 3/27/2008 12:27:25 PM
Author: sna77
dude, i literally bought almost that exact same setup from WF about a year ago... same setting, similar size stone and stats--we both even have FI''s with tiny fingers (mine''s is a 3.5). They are great to deal with. I think you did great. Good work! The ring looks fantastci!

haha yes, tiny finger ftw!

i saw the pics of your ring above, it is very similar!, correct me if im wrong but was that the Classic tiffany setting from WF or was it the knife edge tiffany setting? my understanding is that the Knife Edge has thinner prongs and is a closer match to the original tiffany one? I went with he knife edge setting since i wanted the thinner prongs, im trying to keep the metal to diamond ration to a minimum!
3.gif

It was this one, the Whiteflash knife edge Tiffany, in platinum:
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/Classic-tiffany-style-Knife-Edge_1137.htm#

The setting is really nice. I even had WF shave down the sides to make the band thinner--and it came out great... Although my FI eventually changed out the setting to the SuberbCert Tiffany replica, which has even less metal... No one has ever noticed that she swapped them, but I guess she''s happier now, so thats all that matters... ;-)

the swap: http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/just-got-my-fiances-engagement-ring-back-had-the-setting-changed-to-superbcert-s-tiffany-replica-t57558.html

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, Dmitry! It''s just beautiful! I''m so glad she loves it - it''s truly a spectacular diamond, and I can''t believe how well everything worked out! I''m so happy she finally has it on her hand!

And fittingly, this is my screenname here.
1.gif

mskatee

Rough_Rock
So gorgeous and so classic! When are we going to get to see hand shots?

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Serious wow factor.

.dee

Rough_Rock
Hand shots as promised!

dee1.jpg

.dee

Rough_Rock
pic 2

dee2.jpg

.dee

Rough_Rock
close up fire shot

dee3.jpg

.dee

Rough_Rock
arrow shot

dee5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results