shape
carat
color
clarity

WF Diamond Hoops or DBTY Earrings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
looking for earrings that could be dressed up or down, blingy but not too blingy for everyday wear.

which would you choose?

single shared prong hoops (1 ctw.):
http://www.whiteflash.com/Fine-jewelry/Diamond_Studs/Single-Shared-Prong-Diamond-Eternity-Hoops_1275.htm#

like these a lot but i'm thinking the diamonds on the inside of the hoop will get blocked by the earlobes. 2 ctw. will probably show more stones but they're too big for me.

DBTY:
http://www.whiteflash.com/Fine-jewelry/Diamond_Studs/WF-Diamonds-by-the-Yard_1145.htm#

does anyone know what length the stock DBTY earrings are? i did a search on PS and read that they're customizable so i'd probably get 3 or 4 stones at at shorter length.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For everyday wear I would choose the hoops. The DBTY seem sort of elegant for everyday wear. They''d be great for nights out though.
(I''d like a pair of both!!!)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both are beautiful but I would go for the hoops.
3.gif
What a fun dilemma
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 8:37:24 PM
Author:sugar
looking for earrings that could be dressed up or down, blingy but not too blingy for everyday wear.

which would you choose?

single shared prong hoops (1 ctw.):

http://www.whiteflash.com/Fine-jewelry/Diamond_Studs/Single-Shared-Prong-Diamond-Eternity-Hoops_1275.htm#

like these a lot but i''m thinking the diamonds on the inside of the hoop will get blocked by the earlobes. 2 ctw. will probably show more stones but they''re too big for me.

DBTY:

http://www.whiteflash.com/Fine-jewelry/Diamond_Studs/WF-Diamonds-by-the-Yard_1145.htm#

does anyone know what length the stock DBTY earrings are? i did a search on PS and read that they''re customizable so i''d probably get 3 or 4 stones at at shorter length.
Hope you don''t mind me making the link clickable.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hard choice. Probably the hoops for me.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I like them both, but I agree with PPs- for daily wear, the hoops!

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for your replies, everyone. do you think the DBTY earrings in a shorter length would make them more suitable for everyday wear?

skippy- thanks for making the links clickable!
1.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 10:08:29 PM
Author: sugar
thanks for your replies, everyone. do you think the DBTY earrings in a shorter length would make them more suitable for everyday wear?
I think so... Maybe only two or three links?

I have trouble answering your question, because I''m very minimalistic with my everyday earrings (studs or nada!).

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 10:08:29 PM

skippy- thanks for making the links clickable!
1.gif
I still like the hoops better than the DBTY even if they were shorter. I think the hoops are so classic and would be fantastic for every day wear! The perfect amount of ear bling
31.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I would go for the hoops but both are beautiful!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Ditto the hoops, or 2 or 3 links on the DBTY.
1.gif

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
ok guys, thanks to your input, i''m leaning towards the hoops! so now the question is, 1 ctw. or 2 ctw.?

i really like the 1 ctw. because i think it''s a good size for my ears plus it''s more subtle than the 2 ctw. however, with the 1 ctw., the earlobe would hide a couple of the stones on the inside of the hoop. that makes me want to get the next size up so you can see more stones but i don''t know how "everyday" those hoops would be. what do you all think?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 4:25:13 AM
ok guys, thanks to your input, i''m leaning towards the hoops! so now the question is, 1 ctw. or 2 ctw.?

i really like the 1 ctw. because i think it''s a good size for my ears plus it''s more subtle than the 2 ctw. however, with the 1 ctw., the earlobe would hide a couple of the stones on the inside of the hoop. that makes me want to get the next size up so you can see more stones but i don''t know how ''everyday'' those hoops would be. what do you all think?
I''d stick with the 1 ct. myself, and not worry about it.
28.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go with the 1 ct. hoops.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the hoops.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hoops, but there is a design flaw. When the post goes in your ear, there is a tab of metal that hangs below on the front of your ear lobe. It shows from all angels. I brought this up to them ages ago when I wanted my own shared prong hoop earrings to be made. I even sent them a pair of daimond hoops for them to copy, no desgin copy issues. I just wanted ACA''s in my hoops. Still I got that tab, it''s not a good look. I never went public with this. But seeing that they are still doing it, kinda makes me upset. You don''t need that tab hanging down below the post. It serves no purpose and isn''t a good look....

If you can imagine draw a U shaped solid piece of metal that goes below the post, but it sits on the FRONT of your ear lobe.

I adore WF. But this needs to be corrected. IMHO at least.

When done right, such a great look.
36.gif

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
wow, thanks for chiming in kaleigh! i didn''t notice that tab in the pics until i read your post...took another look at the pics and can see exactly what you''re talking about! i''ll definitely bring it up to WF''s attention when i inquire about the hoops because i wouldn''t want that tab there either.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 1:14:13 PM
wow, thanks for chiming in kaleigh! i didn''t notice that tab in the pics until i read your post...took another look at the pics and can see exactly what you''re talking about! i''ll definitely bring it up to WF''s attention when i inquire about the hoops because i wouldn''t want that tab there either.
Ditto, and ditto!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 1:53:55 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 2/9/2009 1:14:13 PM
Ditto, and ditto!
Thritto! Me either! Hmmm. Those just went off my want list, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results