shape
carat
color
clarity

WF Diamond...Already bought, but opinions welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shannon72781

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I''m the proud owner of this diamond from Whiteflash''s Expert Selection collection.

https://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-513834.htm#
30.gif

What do you guys think? I''m confident it''s a beauty (confirmed to be an eye-clean SI1)...but would love other''s thoughts and opinions!

Thanks!

Shannon

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks lovely to me! Have you decided on a setting yet?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think, we will need lots of pictures!
36.gif
Great diamond.
28.gif

Shannon72781

Shiny_Rock
For the time being, it is being set in a regular yellow gold with white gold head 6 prong setting.

However, once after the holidays have past, I am going to have it set in this Mark Morrell setting that I just LOVE!!!

http://www.mwmjewelry.com/Torchiere_1.23ct_18k_plat_/slides/Torchiere_1.23ct_18k_plat_003.html

Minus the little diamonds though.

I will be happy to post pics when I get it. My boyfriend will be receiving it from Whiteflash this week...however I have not idea when he''s going to propose though! Let''s hope it doesn''t take him too long
31.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That MM setting? *swoon*

And yes, here''s hoping he doesn''t hold out too long!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks gorgeous to me! He better not hold out too long!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Wow Shannon! Beautiful setting & stone ... great deal too! Yay for you!!!

I''m almost in the same boat as you so I hope he doesn''t leave you hanging for too long ... I know that as soon as my bf has the ring and I know anything about it ... it will be taunting me. I''ll have to restrain myself.
17.gif

Good luck & I can''t wait to see the pics ... I actually like the little stones on the setting but can imagine just how fabulous your sparkalicious rock will look in the setting without them.
30.gif

Shannon72781

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Sparkalicious! I kinda found out accidentally (as in he doesn''t know I know...oops!)
It IS taunting me already, and I''ve only known for less than 24 hrs! I''m just going to try and be good and not act too weird
19.gif

It would be great to have it in the MM setting prior to the holidays, but with them coming up in less than 4 weeks, I know that it not enough time to have it set. I''m ok with that though since I care more about the diamond and I know that''s been bought already!

I hope your bf has been reading up on pricescope...I feel really fortunate that mine was able to get me such a great stone at an awesome price! We live close to NYC, but I told him not to bother looking in the diamond disctrict. One of his friends bought a diamond ring recently from WF (thanks to me- I picked it out for his gf
36.gif
) so I think he feels more secure ordering online since a friend did with GREAT results!

Here''s to not being a LIW for too much longer!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its going to be stunning Shannon.... please come back and show us when its all finished!!
9.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2007 12:05:45 PM
Author: Shannon72781
Thanks Sparkalicious! I kinda found out accidentally (as in he doesn''t know I know...oops!)
It IS taunting me already, and I''ve only known for less than 24 hrs! I''m just going to try and be good and not act too weird
19.gif

It would be great to have it in the MM setting prior to the holidays, but with them coming up in less than 4 weeks, I know that it not enough time to have it set. I''m ok with that though since I care more about the diamond and I know that''s been bought already!

I hope your bf has been reading up on pricescope...I feel really fortunate that mine was able to get me such a great stone at an awesome price! We live close to NYC, but I told him not to bother looking in the diamond disctrict. One of his friends bought a diamond ring recently from WF (thanks to me- I picked it out for his gf
36.gif
) so I think he feels more secure ordering online since a friend did with GREAT results!

Here''s to not being a LIW for too much longer!!
You are too funny. I couldn''t help but smile while reading your response. That''s what you get for being snoopy, naughty girl. ... I''m the same, so I am quite familiar with the consequences. It''s gonna be really rough for you ... Hope he gets a move on ... Who knows, maybe he knows you better than you think and he is on to you ... Your jig will be up when he presents you with your sparkly new friend before the end of the year.
23.gif

Thanks for asking about the bf. While hasn''t really lurked around PS, both of us have been doing research together and have, surprisingly, we think, become quite informed about the choices available to us and have decided on what is good and what is great, in our estimation. Also, I have been quite clear about what it is I do like and we''ve come to some decisions about what it is we both want. Don''t hold this against me but I have even gone as far as documenting the ideal specs and created spreadsheet to compare loose stones by price & grading. Madness, I know but all the numbers were driving me nuts and I had to keep track of them to stay sane.

While I too wanted the entire ring buying/diamond selection thing to be a surprise, I''ve discovered that I am too much a control freak to let that happen. For this, I think he may be a little bit grateful considering that he now feels as though there is less margin for "error" so to speak.

We have found a lovely 1.28 carat, Round brilliant ideal cut, E VS2 diamond at a diamond broker in our area. We are happy with their service and based on comparisons to what is available online, the price is right on as well. I can''t wait until it is mine. We have also ordered a setting - split shank with pave, microbead & channel set diamonds - sounds like a mess but it is beautiful. There has been some trauma with this setting in that I saw it at another jewelry store looking quite terrible yet at the first place I saw it, it was incredible. I hope that it is just as fabulous as I hoped. I know that my bf would be really disappointed if it wasn''t as well. It should be ready in the middle of December, however, I have already been told I will not be getting it before Christmas. He says maybe March and I say, yeah right!
11.gif

Keep us posted! I can''t wait to hear about how/when it happens for you!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Nice choice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results