shape
carat
color
clarity

WF ACA H&A studs vs. RSG studs?

sneezz

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I have been thinking about this for a while and can't decide between 0.69 ctw ACA studs H VS2 ($1570 including setting) or 0.75 ctw H/I SI1 Expert Selection RSG studs ($1395-$1495) from WhiteFlash. I don't think I'd be looking to upgrade in the future as the most I'd go up to is 1 ctw and that's not worth the upgrade IMO. I currently wear a 1 ctw pair of CZ and love that size on me but can't afford the price for the "magic size". Will there be much of a difference between the ACA and the expert selection quality? Which would you choose and why? TIA!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
sneezz|1296710031|2841605 said:
Hi all, I have been thinking about this for a while and can't decide between 0.69 ctw ACA studs H VS2 ($1570 including setting) or 0.75 ctw H/I SI1 Expert Selection RSG studs ($1395-$1495) from WhiteFlash. I don't think I'd be looking to upgrade in the future as the most I'd go up to is 1 ctw and that's not worth the upgrade IMO. I currently wear a 1 ctw pair of CZ and love that size on me but can't afford the price for the "magic size". Will there be much of a difference between the ACA and the expert selection quality? Which would you choose and why? TIA!

I'd go with the RSTG's. A little bigger, less $$$ and you can ask WF to look and make sure the stones are eye-clean. At that size you'll never notice any difference in cut, you wouldn't at 1 CTW either.

Whichever you choose, you'll love them.

sneezz

Rough_Rock

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think you'll really like them! I have studs in a similar size and love them :)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
sneezz|1296793288|2842553 said:
Thanks for your reply. I ended up getting the ACA in platinum 4 prong setting. Who knows, I may not see myself upgrading now but maybe will think of upgrading years down the line to 1.5 ctw and for $80 more for that option I guess it's not a bad deal.

Here's what I got:
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2544655.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2544670.htm

How did I do?

Hi,
Congrats on your earrings! I was going to post before seeing you purchased your earrings that I have ACA studs and love them. I did have an ES stone and it looked just as great as the ACAs, but even with knowing that, I still would get ACAs for earrings since there is always the chance of an upgrade. Also, it's nice that the stones come with certificates! :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you did great! I think it is always safest to go with diamonds that can be upgraded. I hope you'll post pictures when you get them because I'd love to see the size on an ear!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you did well too. I bought my daughter a pair of .50 RSG earring and they are gorgeous, but the ability to upgrade is a great
thing and I would do that for myself. If I upgraded I probably wouldn't wear the smaller size anymore so it would be worth it since
I only have one hole in my ears. Can't wait to see yours!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also think you did well, plus it is always nice to have the upgrade option... :D

sneezz

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I am super excited! :mrgreen:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results