shape
carat
color
clarity

We''ve got it !!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scotpot

Rough_Rock
I stumbled on this site just after Christmas, whilst trying to find out more about diamonds. Now I''d like to share my experience...

Since I knew nothing about diamonds, this site has been a godsend... it''s enlightened me about diamonds - to a point where I think I became a bit obsesive about the whole subject !!

Anyway, having decided on budget, minimum clarity and colour, I managed to get to a shortlist of diamonds. Having read lots of comments on suppliers on these pages, I''d already decided I was going to use one of three suppliers.

Anyway, Good Old Gold had the diamond I was looking for. I''ve got to say, they were REALLY great to deal with - I didn''t feel worried at all ... even though I''m based across the Atlantic in the UK. They custom made what I asked for - an "Ingwer" mounting with 6 pave set diamonds.

The diamond itself is like a bloody kaleidoscope !! I can''t help asking fiance if I can have a look !! It''s a 1.256ct H SI2 H&A Ideal Cut, which is completly eye-clean.

In comparison, I''ve been amazed how little information I was able to get about the cut of diamonds here in the UK - including Hattons Gardens in London. The diamonds available here at the same prices pale into insignificance.

Not only am I confident that, because of this site, I''ve got a great ring - but because I''m based in the UK, I''ve saved a stack-load of cash... which is nice !! Not only that... I actually enjoyed the whole experience...

I''m going to add some more piccies to the forum .. but here''s one for now...

Thanks again to everone who answered my questions.... including some of the other suppliers... like WhiteFlash..

SR Br1256HSI2 side view.jpg

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! Enjoy it in health and happiness!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nice Story and Nice Ring.. I like the side profile of your ring..
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice, I love the side pave...that is very similar to a Mark Morrell we have seen around here as well. Do you have any face on pictures?

On a side note, GOG's pictures recently have looked more consintently tinged with yellow which I know is not the case since one of them was mine of my H Regent and it looks nothing like the pictures they sent in terms of color. Someone over there needs to start wearing a white shirt when they take snapshots. Hee Hee.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 2/15/2004 2:16:35 PM Mara wrote:

"Very nice, I love the side pave...that is very similar to a Mark Morrell we have seen around here as well. Do you have any face on pictures?"

I was about to ask the same thing, but you beat me to it, Mara. It looks delicious and I *really* want to see it facing up!!!

pinkangel

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful ring. So delicate, and feminine. I would also like to see a head on pic, and one on the hand wouldn't be bad either!
appl.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, it's beautiful and feminine, and exactly what I like!

Please show more pics???!!

win

scotpot

Rough_Rock
I've added some more photos in the "Show me the ring" section. The post is entitled Our New Ring !

PMR

Rough_Rock
Your ring is totally beautiful!!! I love the side pave stones. How exciting!! Enjoy!! PMR
1.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 2/15/2004 12:09:10 PM scotpot wrote:

I
In comparison, I've been amazed how little information I was able to get about the cut of diamonds here in the UK - including Hattons Gardens in London. The diamonds available here at the same prices pale into insignificance.

Not only am I confident that, because of this site, I've got a great ring - but because I'm based in the UK, I've saved a stack-load of cash... which is nice !! -------------

I know the feeling, I'm in the UK too! No info, second rate diamonds, in relation to cut at least, and prices through the roof! If I ever am ever in the market for an ideal cut diamond, any diamond for that matter, it's to one of the guys associated with this forum with which I'd do business. I'd be worth going over on holiday, just to see their other stones and pick up the finished piece.

Great looking diamond & elegant setting - it must have knocked the socks off your fiancee when she saw it.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring
love.gif
and many Congrats to you both!!
16.gif

scotpot

Rough_Rock
thanks - we're really chuffed

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Scott,

Your ring did come out AWESOME. We appreciate the opportunity to serve during this special time of your life and most importanlty we are happy that both she and you are happy. I hope our paths get to cross again in the future.

Kind regards,
Jonathan

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
It is really lovely & very elegant! Congrats!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results