shape
carat
color
clarity

We''re engaged!!! Oval 12-prong E-ring pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

theinquisitor

Rough_Rock
Dear Pricescopers,

I am so excited!!
19.gif
My fiance and I got engaged over the holiday. He proposed on Thanksgiving with both families present. There wasn't a dry eye in the house! I could spend several threads, actually, talking about how lucky and in love I am and what an amazing man he is...!!

But I know that here at Pricescope, you also want to hear about the RING!

So, as I have no camera whatsoever, I spent some time with the scanner and finally came up with the attached pictures. Of course, given the technology used, they don't begin to do the ring justice. But hopefully you will get some idea!

We bought the loose stone (approx. 1 ct, F/SI1, ring size 8) in the NYC diamond district, and had it custom set by an independent jeweler recommended by a friend. We gave him very little guidance, and still he managed to come up with the perfect setting for me. It is a 12-prong platinum crown setting. Unfortunately the scanner didn't pick up all of the artistry of the setting, but again, I hope you can get an idea. Personally, I'm crazy about it and can't stop staring at it.
18.gif

I would like to say another "thank you!" to everyone at Pricescope who has been so helpful and patient during this process. The tutorials and threads here have been extraordinarily helpful, and everyone has been so generous with their knowledge. I know we wouldn't have had such a great outcome without your help. Thank you so much for making the most beautiful moment of my life (so far) even more beautiful. Happy Holidays, everyone!

inquisitoring.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Beauriful ring! Looks so nice on your hand. I love its clean, simple lines.
Congratulations!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful! You got a great shot of it on the scanner!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Big oval fan here!
emlove.gif
Congrats++!

cheers--Sharon

theinquisitor

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Dani. I love classic styles!

Patty, thanks, I wish I had the means to take better pictures! These don't show how white and sparkly it is.
2.gif
If I get any better ones, I'll definitely post them.

canuk-gal, I've always been an oval fan, too!! I did try on some other styles while shopping, but I kept coming back to the oval!

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations to you and your fiance! Your ring sure is lovely.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had no idea anyone does those tiny progs anymore
36.gif
Yours is an awesome ring. Any closeup?

theinquisitor

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Gale! I'm ecstatic!!

valeria, I love the tiny prongs. We were so happy with the diamond, we wanted a setting that wouldn't obscure it, that would show it off, but also that was secure. I will try in the near future to get some better pics, including closeups.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oooh i really like the oval! the more i look at rings on PS, the more i have no idea what i want! my poor bf is sooo confused.

congrats though!! you sound really happy and i''m sure that newly engaged feeling is the best
1.gif

theinquisitor

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much. It is a wonderful feeling!! And I know what you mean, so many beautiful rings... I''m a particular fan of the cushions, myself!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
What an elegant, beautiful stone and setting!
30.gif
It also looks lovely on you!
1.gif

I like ovals more and more and just think they are so feminine.
1.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
congratulations!
36.gif
i love the 12 prong!

theinquisitor

Rough_Rock
Jennifer, thank you so much! I have always loved the oval, too. I'm not sure why -- I guess at some level these things are just emotional and possibly subconscious in origin!

Thanks -- any praise from Reeyonce is high praise indeed!!
2.gif

headlight

Ideal_Rock
A definite heirloom!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
theinquisitor,

do you have a close up of the oval diamond with the 12 prongs? I had never seen a 12 prongs ring.

theinquisitor

Rough_Rock
Thanks, headlight; I hope it will be!

qtiekiki, I don''t have any, but I''m working on getting some soon. I promise I''ll post them as soon as I have them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results