shape
carat
color
clarity

We''re Engaged!!! My new cushion from ERD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Well, it happened!My boyfriend proposed! It was absolutely perfect and we couldn''t be more in love. He picked me up at work and suggested we walk the 35 blocks home (we live in NYC). he then took me into one of our favorite parks, which happened to be on the way, and sat me down in a secluded corner. he got down on one knew and proposed, and i said yes, of course! He''d hidden a bottle of champagne nearby, and we celebrated there. He then took me to a surprise dinner at a nearby restaurant, we he had arranged for a lavish tasting menu. It was one of the best dinners of our lives. The whole thing was so romantic.

Anyhow, when we were first looking into getting engaged, he asked me to do a little research on rings so that i could give him a general idea of what i wanted. Well, I found pricescope and it proved invaluable! If it hadn''t been for pricescope, we would''ve overpaid at the local B&M for a subpar diamond.

I knew I wanted a cushion and it seemed like Mark T was the guy to call. He was also conveniently located a few blocks away from my boyfriend''s office. We met a few times, and even though our budget was tight and I was pretty set on a 2 carat, he was extremely patient and worked very hard to find us exactly what I wanted. Well, I found what i thought was a perfect diamond on Blue Nile and forwarded it to Mark. He was able to procure it and had it in his office that same day. It was 1.75 carats but it faced up larger than a lot of 2 carats. It was also comfortably within our budget. let''s just say I was in love!

Well, he ended up getting the diamond and putting it on a temporary setting, since the setting he had order would be ready in a month. I was assuming he would propose around then, but he completely surprised me by proposing much sooner!!!!

So... without much further ado, below are the pics:

Color Grade : F
Clarity Grade : VS2
Measurement : 7.91x6.82x4.41
Depth : 64.7%
Table : 54%
Girdle : Slightly ThicK=k-
Culet : Medium
Polish : Excellent
Symmetry : Excellent
Certification : GIA
Fluorescence : Faint Blue

ring close up.jpg

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Since I Haven''t figured out how to post multiple pictures at once, here''s another one! I actually really love it in the temporary setting
30.gif

ring in box close up.jpg

K9

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful! It looks perfect on your hand. CONGRATS!
3.gif

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is the first pic I took of the ring. It was at our apartment under horrible lightning, and it was sooo dirty!

ring hands.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, it''s stunning! I love cushions and that one really suits your hand. Congratulations! I bet you can''t wait to see the setting he picked out for you
2.gif

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the compliments! I absolutely love it and think it''s the perfect size.
The final setting is by Mark Patterson- it''s at the link below. I can''t wait!

http://www.michaelcfina.com/ic/mcfina/sections/wedding_engagement_rings/wedding_engagement/mark_patterson_designer_bridal/:product/code/PL0689PROM0003.html?block=1

I''m going to try and take some pictures in the daylight tomorrow, I can''t stop staring at it!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great stone, and I like the temp setting as well!!! Congrats on your engagement, your proposal story is wonderful. Have fun finding your lovely cushion''s permanent throne, keep us posted on what you end up with!!!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous and Congrats!!!

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here''s one more!

Ring side sss.jpg

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wrong one! but at least you can see how happy I was that night :)

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful, and your propsal sounds wonderful. Congratulations!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely night you had. The ring is just gorgeous. It looks really big too.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Love that setting too! Enjoy and congrats!

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks! The new setting is at the link below:

http://www.michaelcfina.com/ic/mcfina/sections/wedding_engagement_rings/wedding_engagement/mark_patterson_designer_bridal/:product/code/PL0689PROM0003.html?block=1

I am a little ambivalent about it, but only because i love it in the temp setting so much and i haven''t seen it set with a rectangular stone. It''s extremely thin, similar to the vera wang settings, which I love, and I am really attracted to the uniqueness of the design, but there''s something about the simplicity of the temp setting...

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here''s one more. I hope I''m not boring you guys with all the pictures. I just can''t help it!

ring close up 2.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful! Congrats on your engagement!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Hey! I think my ring is the mini-me version of your ring! Both got our diamonds from Mark, and I''m pretty sure we have the same temp setting. (Although I''m considering making it permanent. I''m very indecisive.)

Anyway...I''m obviously going to tell you I love it. I''m biased!!
9.gif

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
love the ring! and a very sweet engagement story : )

also, i think that may be the same temporary setting i had from Mark as well!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!! Congratulations on your engagement!!

For what its worth, I LOVE that Mark Patterson setting...The temporary setting is nice as well..But the MP ring will be a stunner once your stone is set in it!

Best of luck to you and your fiance!
36.gif

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
MMM, I looked a your ring and i think it''s definitely the same temp setting! (love your stone by the day)

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, what a stunning stone! Congrats!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement! Your stone is just gorgeous and I can''t wait to see the final ring!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

YUM YUM--its a stunner all right! Congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!!
36.gif

You and the ring are both gorgeous!
Can''t wait to see the final setting, but I agree that the temp setting is great as is!

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks again for the compliments and well wishes!

Honestly, we were so close to blowing our whole budget on a 1.5 carat I SI1 (in a very basic prong setting) at Fortunoff before I found this site. We were able to get SO MUCH MORE for our money because of Pricescope. Not that it wasn''t a very nice diamond, but it was so overpriced!

Luckystar- I agree, it''s the same temp setting! do you think you''ll make it permanent? What other settings are you considering?

I know that whatever happens, I''ll keep the temp setting and put another stone in there. there''s so much sentimental value attached to it, which I didn''t expect I''d feel. Maybe a ruby? hmmmmm...

I''m excited about the Mark Patterson setting. It''s so delicate. It also changes the character of the ring completely. In the temp setting the ring looks very clean and modern. In the mark Patterson setting, it looks antique and feminine. The pave diamonds are so tiny (1/2 pointers i think) that they don''t look blingy at all, just very subtle sparkles.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement!!! Your stone is beautiful... and the MP setting is stunning!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! Congratulations on your engagement!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, another beautiful ERD cushion! Congrats!

shminbabe

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/18/2007 12:34:34 PM
Author: snlee
It''s gorgeous! Congratulations on your engagement!
You have a beautiful diamond! Many congrats!!

rockfever

Rough_Rock
congratulations!!

Soooo romantic!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results