shape
carat
color
clarity

Went to sister''s Sunday......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
And came home with....

Puppies 9-25-07 016.JPG

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Awwwwww......so cute! More pics, please!

Jess

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
AND.....

Puppies 9-25-07 021.JPG

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Both

Puppies 9-25-07 012.JPG

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Diva. You wouldn''t believe how hard it is to try to take pics of them. When I go outside, they''re under my feet.
9.gif

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
TWO of them! Wow, you are going to have your hands full - but they will be so worth it when they are older and more calm. They look like little sweeties!

Jess

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Awhhh....they look like sweeties! I want to smooch those precious faces!!

Looks like they are in need of some good nutrition. Don't know the story behind your new family additions...but I am glad you are taking them in. I look forward to hearing the story.

Congrats on your new....jewels!! Named them yet?

DKS

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/25/2007 10:52:58 AM
Author: DivaDiamond007
30.gif
TWO of them! Wow, you are going to have your hands full - but they will be so worth it when they are older and more calm. They look like little sweeties!

Jess

I do have my hands full with them. But they are sweeties. The female (lighter one) is dominant one. The male was pretty skittish when we got them, but is coming around nicely.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/25/2007 11:13:49 AM
Author: door knob solitaire
Awhhh....they look like sweeties! I want to smooch those precious faces!!

Looks like they are in need of some good nutrition. Don''t know the story behind your new family additions...but I am glad you are taking them in. I look forward to hearing the story.

Congrats on your new....jewels!! Named them yet?

DKS

Thanks DKS.

You should have seen them Sunday. The ribs were sticking out quite a bit more than they are now. I figure that the guy we got them from would put one bowl of food down for all his dogs and they''d have to fend for themselves. When we got home and fed them, they acted like they were staving to death. They gobbled up the food so quick. I gave them more, and they gobbled that down. Then waited a few hours and gave them more, and gobbled that down too. Yesterday I fed them 3 times. This morning I fed them, and they aren''t gobbling their food like they did Sunday.
36.gif
I think they''re realizing that they will both get as much food as they want now.

We haven''t named them yet. The guy we got them from named them Jasmine and Thunder. Any suggestions?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh I love them!!!!!!!
36.gif

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
CUTE!!!!!!!!!! *pets*

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Awww how cute!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2007 10:44:40 AM
Author:oshinbreez
And came home with....
Look at that face -- " what a baby doggie!" -- how could anyone not love that face?!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How adorable!
30.gif
Hope you have a long, happy time with them.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Too cute!!!!!! Enjoy your new fur-babies, they look like they got a great home!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
awwww what an absolute cutie!!!!! lookit that face!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So cute!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, how cute!!!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
So...ridiculously... cute! I love them both!

Now make sure you fatten those two up, Oshin! They are SKINNY!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Ours were thrown away and no telling how long it had been since their last real meal. They ate for a week and 1/2 like they were starving. Our vet explained they eat like that until the time frame of no food is compensated for. SO if it had been 4 days...it will be 5 days before they are satisfied.

Just give in...it is also an emotional need...and it will eventually subside. Regular quantity will show up when they feel safe.

You might also make sure worming has been done. From looking at the ribs...my gut feeling is the caregiver wasn''t much of one...and odds are you have some infected pups. No amount of food will compensate for those life sucking worms. Check that as soon as you can.

I can''t wait for more photos...hope to see a full pup soon!! Good job MOM!!

DKS

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2007 4:25:36 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
Ours were thrown away and no telling how long it had been since their last real meal. They ate for a week and 1/2 like they were starving. Our vet explained they eat like that until the time frame of no food is compensated for. SO if it had been 4 days...it will be 5 days before they are satisfied.

Just give in...it is also an emotional need...and it will eventually subside. Regular quantity will show up when they feel safe.
Fascinating. I didn't know that about the time frame.

When I rescued Holly (cat) she ate like she had never seen food for several weeks. However, that has slowed down considerably to the point where there's always leftovers. I thought she might have worms or something but she was given dewormer when I took her to the vet. I guess they just have to get used to the fact that they will be pampered and loved from now on.
5.gif

Gorgeous doggies!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, they''re precious! I''m so glad you have them now and are taking good care of them. Poor things! I''m drawing a blank on name ideas. Have you come up with any names?

lydia

Rough_Rock
Cute pups!! How about Jude for the male and Darby for the female????

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh, what adorable puppies!!!
36.gif
They look so happy to be with you, don''t worry, you''ll have them all roly-poly in no time. Hopefully they don''t have worms or whatever like DKS said, but that is a possibility. Hmmm...DH and I were just talking about "Old Dan and Little Ann" from Where the Red Ferm Grows the other night, so that was the first thought that crossed my mind when you mentioned name suggestions! You could drop the "old" and "little" and call them Dan and Ann, but of course then the two names sound just alike to the dogs and you''d have issues calling them separately...
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
So absolutely darling...it makes me want a dog or two!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, congratulations on your new additions, oshinbreez! They are the sweetest little furbabies.

It''s a good thing you rescued them, poor babies, all skinny and pouty looking!

Names . . .
A colleague of mine has a dog named Bernie, I love that name, it''s so cute. What about Sasha for the little lady? That''s a nice one, too. We almost named our littlest kitty Vern (the guy in my avatar) but FI won out and we named him Geddy for Geddy Lee in Rush. (I know, I know, not the band I would have chosen, trust me.)

I tend to like funny old man names for pets. Our other boy cats are named Vince and Manny. My dogs are Killian and Tallulah. And my lady kitties are Boots and Mazi (Mah-zee, short for Mazak, which means troublemaker in Yiddish.) Anyway, I like goofy names, if you can''t tell.

What about Steve or Neal? Those are both pretty funny. Chance? Boris? I have a friend with a cat named Maria, that''s pretty funny, too. Okay, I''m terrible at this. I''ll let it lie.

Enjoy your new babies! Congratulations! Take them to the doggy park and let them run around together, that''s my favorite way to spend a lazy Sunday.

I''m so happy for you, they will bring so much joy into your lives, they really will.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Awww...SO CUTE
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I''m glad they are getting proper nutrition now - that picture with their poor little ribs sticking out just broke my heart.

DEFINITELY get them de-wormed and on heartworm preventative right away. I would also make sure the vet tests them for parvo ASAP - if caught early it can be treated, but otherwise its often deadly in puppies, and in a situation with lots of not-very-well-cared-for dogs, it could easily have spread.

And I''m sure you know this, but please as soon as they are healthy and strong enough get them fixed. Puppies can start breeding sooner than you''d think, which is hard on you and on them, and very expensive to boot.

Best of luck with your new family members - they are adorable and I''m so glad they found a good, loving forever home!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
They look SOOOOO sweet and they''ll have a good home now! YAY!

They look like Cinnamon and Sugar to me, even though I usually like other types of names. Dan and Ann is cute too!

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone. They are both sweeties.

We suspected that they probably have worms. They go to the vet Saturday to get their shots, so I''ll see what they suggest. Comet (cat) isn''t too thrilled with the pups yet. He swatted the male Sunday night. Hopefully that will be over in a few days. And Wiggy (chihuahua) doesn''t know what to think of them. The pups stay outside, and when I let Wiggy out, they both want to play with her. They''re a little bigger than Wiggy, but have a lot more energy.

Here''s a pic I took this morning. They both have sweet faces.

Puppies 9-26-07 020.JPG

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Oshin! Those faces are too cute for words! Adorable!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results