shape
carat
color
clarity

went to Costco last week seems like they have a bigger...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
selection of different style e-ring then before.i always stop by the jewelry case and check out what they have.i think their price is still too high compare to p.s. vendors here.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Oh..I agree. I even stop by the one at Sam''s at times. They''re starting to get a prettier selection in but their even more expensive than regular b&m jewelry stores
6.gif
They have this one that I really like..a sapphire set in a micro-pave halo setting....
face23.gif
Ooooooooooooo....prettyyyyyyyyyy.

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
I was wondering how they could put something that expensive in just a little glass display case and not have to worry about someone stealing it. They have a sign in their jewelry case that some of the bigger "diamonds" are actually only CZ''s.
The less expensive jewelry in the case is probably the only things that are real.

There is a process for ordering them to ship the actual diamond to the store for you to examine it if you are actually interested.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I actually think that Costco''s jewelry selection is much better than the run of the mill mall jewelry stores.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
If you''ve got the money, Costco has some real honkers. The closest one to me has $20,000+ solitaires.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
One costco in san diego has a 4ct+ sq. emerald cut that''s almost 50k!!!! (And it''s pretty, but PS has turned me into an asscher snob, so it didn''t blow me away. Fun to look at though!!

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone! Hope your days are going well..
So Costco really has a decent selection of diamonds?? I guess I always thought they were a Walmart-type of store, although I''ve never been in one (Costco, that is). I''m a little surprised. What is Costco like? Is it like Sam''s? I''ll have to go to one, although those diamonds do sound really overpriced!!!
23.gif

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
I like Costco a lot better than Sam''s. Similar I guess. Just a werehouse w/ stacks of items. However, the jewelry section is just this glass case w/ different stuff in it. Pretty empty compared to the rest of teh store.

It''s not really a large selection. Each Costco has its own unique items. But, there''s a decent variety and while not the absolute rock bottom prices compared to internet vendors you see here, they''re not that much more and are far better than maul stores.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2005 5:25
6.gif
8 PM
Author: codex57
I like Costco a lot better than Sam''s. Similar I guess. Just a werehouse w/ stacks of items. However, the jewelry section is just this glass case w/ different stuff in it. Pretty empty compared to the rest of teh store.

It''s not really a large selection. Each Costco has its own unique items. But, there''s a decent variety and while not the absolute rock bottom prices compared to internet vendors you see here, they''re not that much more and are far better than maul stores.
but Sam''s club have what they call "Regal collections" its IGI cert h&a rb stones with the specs and pictures printed on the size of a credit card.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Costco has specs. I just can't remember what they are. I know at least carat, color, clarity and price are on there. Oh, and shape of the diamond and material of the setting usually. I need to go to Costco for supplies anyways. I'll stop by and look at the jewelry section again unless someone else on here can check first.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2005 8:12:11 PM
Author: codex57
Costco has specs. I just can''t remember what they are. I know at least carat, color, clarity and price are on there. Oh, and shape of the diamond and material of the setting usually. I need to go to Costco for supplies anyways. I''ll stop by and look at the jewelry section again unless someone else on here can check first.
the Sam''s Regal collection shows all the specs including angles & %.

toybuilder

Rough_Rock
I puchased a 1.66ct G/VS2 H&A from Costco in a platinum setting for $14,000. It was through their special-order program. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/beautiful-stone-from-a-discount-place-thoughts.21152/

I spent a looong time looking at many stones with my fiancee before I narrowed my choices down to the Costco diamond. Unbeknownst to her, I then went through the process of actually making the purchase. The stone was GIA certified and I had several opportunities to inspect the ring and all the accompanying documents before finalizing the purchase.

My fiancee and I are extremely pleased with the stone. We have since had the stone remounted into a completely custom engagement ring that we designed. The stone is stunning and she occasionally gets random praises from strangers who see the ring.

It is particularly beautiful when it reflects sunlight out into a shower of rainbows.

While I think the online stores found through this site can offer better deals, I felt a strong desire to see the stone in person several times before making the final purchase decision, and Costco worked out in my case.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
From what I know, Costco guarantees their diamonds to be no less than I/VS2. Like always it''s hit and miss there. If you like it, get it cuz it might be gone next time. If you''re educated on what you want, you could wind up with a great value. And you can''t beat their return policy so nothing to lose really. They change up their stock occasionally in our Costco. We don''t have a Sam''s here so I can''t compare them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results