shape
carat
color
clarity

Went Maul trolling yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t you love the Maul jewelers. It''d been a while since I''d had any fun there at all... so I went to BBB and Barons.

Ahh BBB... the sales lady clearly thought that bullying was the best sales tactic to win her sales.

Went in, asked to see Tacori and Ritani and Memoire. Woman was happy... but decided to with bored expression.

I wanted to show FI the Tacori ''inspiration'' setting... and compare the beadset halo to the ritani halo. And I wanted to look at DS''s eternity band (lovely BTW). I asked her to clean my ring... she went somewhere for 15 minutes then returned with my ring... which had clearly not been cleaned. Then she proceeded to bully us into a setting choice. Picked up the ritani and the tacori and keep trying to get me to pick one... impatiently, and then when she saw I couldn''t commit turned on DF the second I walked away and said, "well, no wonder she''s having problems choosing a setting, you haven''t helped her with this decision at all... pick the one you like and I''m sure I can talk her into it." We left.

Went to Barons (my ring was still dirty) as they have a better Tacori selection anyway... and saw a really lovely setting I hadn''t seen before... the pic is below... but shown for for the round and doesn''t look that great... for a square stone it''s stunning. The lady completely cleaned my stone... then praised me for my beautiful princess AFTER she louped it. But was sweet and generally nice... right up until she started lying to us. Tacori won''t allow changes to their settings (yes they do)... and they prefer that we sell the settings on the floor (the one she had was my size and fitted with a 6 x 6 CZ) and won''t build the setting for your stone... and won''t set your stone themselves. Completely brushed my comment away regarding the fact that the setting is for a PRINCESS with corners , and that mine is an ascher without corners-- told me I''m wrong... I have a princess. A PRINCESS. Um... no.

But I got a clean ring... another reminder of why I love PS AND got FI to admit that he no longer likes my setting.

I really need to buy an ultra sonic. Persian New Year is next month... might have to get one then.
11.gif

2536RD65_alt.jpg

blingless

Rough_Rock
One of my absolute favorite things to do on weekends when the weather isn''t great. I am continually amazed by how genuinely knowledgable some folks are and how equally devoid of knowledge others seem. Its kind of funny because if you saw me out browsing you wouldn''t believe I could afford a cup of soup never mind a diamond (lol). I don''t dress down on purpose I just have really dirty hobbies ( autos, machining, woodworking, etc. In any event I have to say I have always been greated and treated in every single store like a king. The folks at the big chains obviously know absolutely nothing other than some silly sales training they must have been put through. You know all the folks with the extra facet diamonds LOL. However some of the others are great! There is one place that has H&A and Diamond scope right out on the counter. He has spent several hours with me (at least and hour everytime I go into his store) teaching me about diamonds. I swear at one point or another we''ve had every diamond in his shop under the scope looking at this and that. He taught me how not to launch diamonds all over the store with tweasers and how to properly loupe a diamond. The one jeweler who sells Hearts on Fire also is very knowledgable. Like I said its one of my favorite things. I can''t wait for my visit to the diamond district in a couple of weeks. I just know its going to be sensory overload and I can''t wait!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
eek, it''s rough out there!! I do love that picture of the setting though. The leaves on the side are fantastic!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
A Princess?? lol Nice.
20.gif

When I was trying to find out what diameter I wanted for studs, I desperately went to the jewelry counter at Macy''s. I know, but I said I was desperate. Thought I might get lucky. lol

I told her I was thinking about studs and needed to get an idea on size. She asked what ct. size I wanted to see. I told her I didn''t know, I needed to know the diameters on their stones. She replied, we don''t sell by diameter, we sell by ct. weight. To which I said, but they don''t face up by ct. weight, they face up by diameter.

She snapped back, we don''t sell by diameter. Then she realized how she sounded and softened up and said she wished they did.

I bet.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I think half of those sales people aren''t really that into jewelry. They are just sales people and a sale is a sale. Not that there''s anything wrong with sales. I''ve been in sales, and in their defense, people in the public can be such jerks. Sometimes when I get a bad sales person I wonder what kind of day they''ve had. Still, there''s no excuse for pure ignorance. Can''t believe that one lady argued with you about your ascher being a princess. Please, it''s yours. Like you wouldn''t know what you have????

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 8:32:33 AM
Author: lumpkin
I think half of those sales people aren''t really that into jewelry. They are just sales people and a sale is a sale. Not that there''s anything wrong with sales. I''ve been in sales, and in their defense, people in the public can be such jerks. Sometimes when I get a bad sales person I wonder what kind of day they''ve had. Still, there''s no excuse for pure ignorance. Can''t believe that one lady argued with you about your ascher being a princess. Please, it''s yours. Like you wouldn''t know what you have????
I know, it''s mind boggling isn''t it??
9.gif

Of course there''s nothing wrong with sales, I''ve worked it too. BUT, I try to learn everything I can about the products I''m selling. That SHOULD just be a given. Amazingly it''s not.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I like the setting. What does it look like from the top? Would it have claw prongs?

Usually I''m just frustrated if I go out to jewelry stores. You have such a good attitude about it.

How in the world did you get your hands on a Princess with cut corners? You must have connections in the diamond biz. LOL

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
LOL LOL LOL!!! OMG Gypsy - that is hilarious! I asked a jeweler to see a knife edge and they had NO IDEA what I was talking about. I had to tell her it was a band that was sharp on the sides. BTW...Enjoy your princess!
31.gif

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
I know my asschers are the prettiest princess cuts I''ve ever seen :).

I think a lot of people working at jewelry stores should know more than they do. For some reason, I''m not upset when a cars salesperson has to read the specs off a sheet, but I can''t handle b.s. from a jeweler. When I was shopping for my ering, I got the sense that if I asked too many questions I was seen as a thorn in their sides and they didn''t really want to work with me. You were supposed to come in wanting some popular diamond style they had a ton of, believe whatever they told you, buy it on the first visit, and then leave.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have gotten that too. Asked to see an asscher, and the lady handed me a princess cut. It just boggles my mind.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I once asked a salesperson whether the store would be carrying any Royal Asschers. She she said she had never heard of Asschers. (The store had some generic Asschers in the disaply case.)
20.gif

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
14.gif

It always amazes me how rude people can be. Come on, it shouldn''t cost extra for someone to be half way decent. This reminds me when I was looking for a wedding band a couple of months ago and I wanted to see how a shared prong setting would look in my finger. The saleslady kept pushing a channel set and kept insisting that''s what I wanted.
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
2536RD65_multi.jpg

2536RD65_alt.jpg

Here''s the front and side view of that setting Stone Hunter

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
I know I''m going to sound really stupid, but what''s a maul?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
A shopping Mall

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 3:54:07 PM
Author: Sparkster
I know I''m going to sound really stupid, but what''s a maul?

sparkster the folks here call the shopping mall the ''maul'' becuase it''s... well... yeah.

gypsy - I have had the same thing happen to me before with princess/ asschers. at BBB no less. did you go to the one in the SF Center? haha maybe it was the same lady. She kept insisting that the pricess was an asscher and finally I gave up and was like, forget it!!
14.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wonder why she would lie. Maybe she just didn''t realize. Tacori allows lots of changes (they might charge more if you have many) and each ring is made to order. So very strange. I feel bad for people when I see them at the lower end maul stores. I just want to yank them out of there and tell them to go on PS! It is a sickness.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, that Tacori setting is stunning! Does it have a catalog # or name? I'd like to try it on some time. Also, which website did you find those pictures at? It shows the ring in really nice detail.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
All the pics are from the Tacori site actually... they just changed over to the larger pic format a couple of days ago...

the setting number is... : 2536RD and it looks even more beautiful when set with a square stone, frankly.

http://www.tacori.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=SRCH&Product_Code=2536RD65&Category_Code=ENGAGEMENT&Store_Code=TACORI&Search=A&offset=10&filter_cat=4&PowerSearch_Begin_Only=&sort=&range_low=&range_high=%20&srch_srcha=1

Flopkins... I was at Pleasanton Stoneridge... but maybe she''s a floater.

Tacori... I don''t know if she was lying or just ignorant. Wasn''t impressed either way though, KWIM.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Gypsy! I go to that mall all the time. I''ll need to stop in to take a look.

Can''t believe the things they tell you at the maul, though, but especially can''t believe they insisted your stone was a princess.
20.gif

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
I can''t help but laugh...

I''ve been to a few places that pulled out princess cuts and tried to convince me they were Asschers.

It sucks to see so MANY people selling diamonds they know nothing about. Eek.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2007 2:31:46 PM
Author: Gypsy
2536RD65_multi.jpg

2536RD65_alt.jpg

Here''s the front and side view of that setting Stone Hunter
That''s interesting. I''d really like to see it in person. Well maybe next week if i can get a friend to go along with me. Always more fun with a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results