shape
carat
color
clarity

Welo Opal Ring

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
That opal from my "couple of projects" thread is set! Wow, I love the closeups..it looks a little underwater coral garden. Sorry, I took a lot of pictures, hope you don't mind. I have never worn anything this chunky but I love it. :) I haven't had it out in the daylight yet, so it will be a surprise! It went directly from the box to my goldsmith.

I forget the specs on the opal, darn it! I will have to dig up the info that Barry sent. The ring is a double bezel, in 18k gold, and the shank is sterling silver. The opal is Ethiopian Welo (also called Wello or Wollo), hydrophane opal. The play of color is all pinfire, in red, green, pink, gold, and a tiny bit of blue.

WeloOpal ring  1391.jpg

WeloOpal ring  1393.jpg

WeloOpal ring  1388.jpg

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock

WeloOpal ring  1385.jpg

WeloOpal ring  1389.jpg

WeloOpal ring  1387.jpg

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
*Whistles at computer screen* Absolutely gorgeous! I like the chunkyness of it. The stone is super. Beautiful. Congrats

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice. I like how pin fire in the opal, and the bezel is well done.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Treebean and TL...I am so glad I switched the stones on this ring. I was going to put a golden beryl in it, but the opal is so much more cool. I did not think I could wear anything this heavy but it is really comfortable. Hubby is visually impaired, so cannot appreciate the workmanship...but said it was heavy enough to have been Mr T's pinky ring, lol!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
That turned out beautifully! The richness and heft of the the gold really sets off the gorgeous pin fire. Congratulations! :appl:

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Honeeeey, that ring is to die for. Love the bezels.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a beautiful opal and the perfect ring for it.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks much, Aoife, Texaskj, and Kenny

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Largosmom|1297393055|2849027 said:
Thanks Treebean and TL...I am so glad I switched the stones on this ring. I was going to put a golden beryl in it, but the opal is so much more cool. I did not think I could wear anything this heavy but it is really comfortable. Hubby is visually impaired, so cannot appreciate the workmanship...but said it was heavy enough to have been Mr T's pinky ring, lol!

:lol: :lol: That's a good one!

I love that ring, Congratulations!!!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I love it!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
It's great Largos! Such a wonderful opal and a timeless setting. Perfect for a gal or a guy

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's Stunning!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, thats a great looking ring. :appl: That bezel really makes the stone stand out!

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the colour play and the workmanship of the ring is very good, considering the super closeup pictures.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats really pretty! Love all the colors.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
The opal is very pretty and the setting is perfect! Congratulations on an excellent combination.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Herekittykitty, davi_el_mejor, Making the Grade, Arcadian, Chrono, tyty333, brandyz28 and colorluvr

Hubby is a smartalec, and I love him for it. :)

Chrono, I love how nice and smooth the bezels and the join to the shank are, my goldsmith did a great job.

Wish you all could see it in person. We had a sunny day today and it just lit up like little holiday lights when the sun shone on it. I tried to get pictures, but is so hard to capture the brightness of the fire. Here is one attempt, and it's no where near as bright as I see it. Please disregard the smudges, those are not scratches, they are fingerprints.

WeloOpal ring  1395.jpg

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
True beauty starts with simplicity. I really like your ring setting & the color play of your opal. Very lovely :appl:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A beautiful stone. Your have a great goldsmith.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
those pinpoints are so even they look planted! :love: i love the setting you chose.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Awesome! I love opals. That's a great one, and the setting fits it well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results