shape
carat
color
clarity

Well she said yes...so I join the newly engaged crowd!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

smaggard

Rough_Rock
So we went to NY City last Saturday-Tuesday, lucky us not getting caught in that blackout!!!!

So we had dinner reservations at Le Cirque 2000 for Saturday night, so after arriving and getting snazzed up we stopped at the Oak Bar at the Plaza for a drink....and boy did I need it...I was really nervous
10.gif

We got a nice secluded u booth, and we chatted a bit, then I popped the question! She said yes of course, and she was totally surprised! Had no idea, which was awesome!

After that we continued on to Le Cirque, which was just fantastic!!! NY City was so awesome (I had never been, she has been a lot), I can''t wait to go back! The Oak Bar was such a nice place to do it also, and an easy place to return for memories etc. Everything was just perfect really.
One interesting note:
On Monday night we had dinner reservations at a restaraunt calkled DaSilvano in the village. On the way there, she said "we might see stars in the village", and my reply was "if it isn''t Drew I don''t care" (I''ve been in love with Drew Barrymore forever...what can I say). The food was fantastic, and after we ate a young girl alone came and sat at the end of our table, somoking a cig and reading a book. I say "she looks kind of like Drew!!", and she agreed, but we both dismissed it. Then others started looking at her and pointing and we thought, could it be her? (And for a brief millisecond I thought is this an engagement gift? LOL) So it was confirmed to be her when a limo pulled up and she got up to meet Cameron Diaz, Justin Timberlake and her boyfriend (the drummer from The Strokes I think?) So that was an exciting way to end the trip I''d say

9.gif

Also we had the chance to meet Barry and Judah from SuperbCert at their office, as well as see the Vatche operation, both a real treat!! I can''t say enough about the stone and ring, both are just stunning! She is in love with them (needless to say). Attached is a cloeup of the top of the ring.
The stone is a 1.21 G VVS1 and the setting is a Royal Crown in Platinum.

Thanks also to all the member of this forum whom I''ve absorbed so much information from over the past 2 years! It''s been invaluable in my quest for the perfect ring for the perfect girl
10.gif

closeup10.jpg

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
How wonderful! Congratulations! Of course, I could have guessed you were in love with Drew since the celebrity sighting story was so much longer than the proposal story!
2.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Shame on Drew! It's illegal to smoke in NYC restaurants (that's a yummy one, by the way). Unless you were sitting outside?

Oh, and congrats on your engagement.

Nice ring!

smaggard

Rough_Rock
LOL, I guess the Drew story was long huh?
9.gif

And in her defense, it was outside, so I assume that's okay?
6.gif
LOL!!

thanks!!!

NewlyEngaged

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! Have you come off the high yet? Meeting Drew I mean? LOL. Just kidding! So I assume you and your new fiance have a list of 5 celebs (circa Friends episode).
1.gif
Drew must be at the top. hehe.

I am finally off the high from the proposal, etc... So now I am just trying to get used to saying Fiance versus girlfriend. Keep catching myself. Hopefully you are better at that than I am and you are enjoying this time. Look at me... Not even 2 weeks since I popped the question and I am already getting nostalgic!
1.gif

CONGRATS and best of luck on your future together!
16.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!

Congrats to you & Best Wishes to your fiancee!

The Oak Room is a great space rich with history. Your proposal adds to it's history.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations smaggard.
love.gif
I love the idea that you can always go back to the Oak Bar as your special place.

All these recent engagement stories are great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results