shape
carat
color
clarity

Well ladies, the dress is a no go!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nebe

Brilliant_Rock

For those of you who heard about "the dress", my DREAM dress in which I was going to buy and hide

11.gif
from my future hubby until he proposes "next september"...

...they don''t have it.
39.gif

I called the local bridal shoppe that was listed on the Maggie website and after speaking with a lovely woman named Abby, they''re out of stock. And won''t be getting any more for weeks!! I did leave my number and a request for a fitting appointment when it is back in stock. Oh well. I guess I''ll have to just go ring shopping instead!
31.gif

nebemaggiesdress2.JPG

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Aww
15.gif
Sorry to hear! Are there no other bridal stores in your area to call? Even driving for a ways just so you can try it on? It would be terrible luck to be on a waiting list for weeks and then when they do finally get it in, you try it on and it just doesn''t work...sorry to be a negative nancy
7.gif
I was anxiously awaiting pics from you today with that dress on! Good luck! Here''s to not waiting long!!
28.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Hi Nebe
35.gif

The dress is gorgeous. When are you guys planning on getting married?

I don''t want to put a damper on your excitement, but if you plan on having about a year long engagement (getting married in sept 09) I would definitely hold off on buying a dress. Styles and personal taste can change a lot in 2 years.

I bought my first dress pretty soon after FI and I got engageed last August only to change my mind around December or January and buy another. I sold the first on ebay, but it was not easy and we definitely lost a little money.

The dress really is gorgeous, but I felt the need to say something cause I''d hate for someone else to go through what I did.

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
aww shucks, I was looking forward to pictures too!
Robbie brings up a good point though... but that doesn''t mean you can''t try them on!

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Cleo - I don''t mind waiting because it''s not like I really have to have the dress for a reason
38.gif
It was just for fun anyway. I''ll hang around and wait. But the second a ring is on my finger... now that''s a different story!

Robbie - If we DO infact get engaged next Sept, then I would probably plan on a year long engagement. I want to get married in October or early early November because of where we live (MA, fall is beautiful here). You''re probably right, but I would hate to still want this dress and have it not available because I didn''t buy it when I could have vs. me have it, not want to wear it and sell it. I don''t mind losing a little bit (read: not more than $300) of money to have just what I want.
2.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I definitely get where you''re coming from. Just for reference though, dress #1 was originally $1600, I got it on sale brand new not a sample (someone else had ordered it and changed her mind) for $500. I was able to get $300 on ebay after listing it several times.

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
regardless if you decide to go with that dress or not, I just have to say that it is breathtaking!

leoslove730

Rough_Rock
nebe - is that a Maggie Sottero gown? I just love her designs!
30.gif

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 4:26:21 PM
Author: leoslove730
nebe - is that a Maggie Sottero gown? I just love her designs!
30.gif
Yes! "Victoriana"

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww that''s a pity! Sorry to hear that

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear that! But it might be a blessing in disguise. I''m sort of with Robbie on this one! It''s a beautiful dress but pick-ups have been in for a while, so by 2009 they may be ''soooo 2006'', know what I mean? And the chances of you being able to recoup all but $300 may be slim, particularly if pick-ups are no longer in style!
38.gif

That said, if you try the dress on and it feels perfect, the risk may be worth it to you! It''s your money and if the risk is worth it you, go for it.
35.gif

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Oh hey, I was meaning to mention that I like your new avatar!
5.gif

It''s definitely nice to be able to associate a face with the personality!

(You too, goodfun, and everyone else with their photo in their avatar!)

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 11:31:03 PM
Author: lsyama
Oh hey, I was meaning to mention that I like your new avatar!
5.gif

It''s definitely nice to be able to associate a face with the personality!
Why thank you! I finally figured out how to do it!! I''m a little slow...
28.gif

Aim_Turbo

Rough_Rock
ok so I''ve been trying to put my pic in my profile and I can''t figure it out...i''m pretty slow when it comes to compy stuff like that..any suggestions?

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 10:16:47 AM
Author: Aim_Turbo
ok so I''ve been trying to put my pic in my profile and I can''t figure it out...i''m pretty slow when it comes to compy stuff like that..any suggestions?
35.gif

Go up to the top of the page and click "Personal Section" then click "Edit My Profile" where you can change your little signiture too, and then choose "Use Custom Avatar : Yes" and "Click here to upload a custom avatar to our server" which is self explanatory.

And then you save and have a new avatar!!
36.gif

Aim_Turbo

Rough_Rock
Thanks for helping me out there with the avatar thingy...it was pretty easy hahaha..i should have probably figured it out for myself!

The dress you picked out is gorgeous!!

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results