shape
carat
color
clarity

well, it was a long slog

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
omg MZ I noticed your new avatar on a different thread and I was like, OMG what is THAT?!! and I finally found this thread. it''s amazing. I love that first pic you posted w/the ring on the museum booklet- bc it looks like something that I might see a picture of in there!!! (DH is a member of the deYoung and legion of honor too)
30.gif
30.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2006 4:13:25 PM
Author: flopkins
omg MZ I noticed your new avatar on a different thread and I was like, OMG what is THAT?!! and I finally found this thread. it''s amazing. I love that first pic you posted w/the ring on the museum booklet- bc it looks like something that I might see a picture of in there!!! (DH is a member of the deYoung and legion of honor too)
30.gif
30.gif
that was the intention!

another possible avatar picture.

movie zombie

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2006 3:15:21 PM
Author: movie zombie

the stone came from richard wise.
HI MZ:

May I ask how you came to buy from RW? Did you buy online or did you see the stone in person? Thing is, I have been dreaming of an Imperial Topaz and thought RW would be a good choice......

cheers--Sharon

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Love the half-bezel design.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2006 9:33:10 PM
Author: canuk-gal

HI MZ:

May I ask how you came to buy from RW? Did you buy online or did you see the stone in person? Thing is, I have been dreaming of an Imperial Topaz and thought RW would be a good choice......

cheers--Sharon

i found richard here at pricescope. i did some research and bought some books, including his. searched the web high and low, including his website. called him and had a good talk. we talked several times, in fact. he offered to send the stone to me and if i didn''t like it i could return it....it was love at first sight. richard was great to work with long distance, both by phone and e-mail. i highly recommend richard but also add that he is high end on the price scale for stones. but i don''t regret for one minute the $$$ spent on this spess!

i see he has a couple of imperal peach topaz on his website. i''d drop him an e-mail and/or call him. he may actually have some other stones that are not posted.

movie zombie

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/23/2006 11:12:37 PM

Date: 5/23/2006 9:33:10 PM
Author: canuk-gal

i found richard here at pricescope. i did some research and bought some books, including his. searched the web high and low, including his website. called him and had a good talk. we talked several times, in fact. he offered to send the stone to me and if i didn''t like it i could return it....it was love at first sight. richard was great to work with long distance, both by phone and e-mail. i highly recommend richard but also add that he is high end on the price scale for stones. but i don''t regret for one minute the $$$ spent on this spess!

i see he has a couple of imperal peach topaz on his website. i''d drop him an e-mail and/or call him. he may actually have some other stones that are not posted.

movie zombie
HI:

I just might do that.....thanks for the tips!

cheers--Sharon

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh my MZ your new ring is amazing!!! I have been mesmerized by your magnificent stone every time I have seen your avatar and you have certainly found the perfect setting for it. Congratulations!

leggs

Shiny_Rock
Way to go MZ, as usual we have another gorgeous ring to drool over.Congrats!!!
35.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
MZ - I had to post again to tell you I was at South Coast Plaza last Friday and guess what I saw in the window at Cartier- a ring w/a setting almost exactly like yours!! I can''t remember exactly what kind of center stone it had, but the setting had some pave diamonds around the shank... I tried to find a pic of it on their website but I couldn''t find it...

Anyhoo I had to share!
9.gif

nutmeg

Rough_Rock
Absolutely adore this ring. I''m with you in that great colored stones don''t need
diamonds. Good metal-work is the perfect sensual complement.

And it''s so BRIGHT!!
6.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
again, thank you all!

we volunteered at the local art and wine festival for most of memorial weekend and i, of course, wore my ring. those that noticed it thought first it was a citrine and second a topaz.....however, at the end of the day on monday a man walked up and transacted his business and as he leaves he says ''is that a spessartite?'' almost feel on the ground! turns out a few years ago he did worked for a jeweler in menlo park and did their inventory for compterization. so we talked a bit. he said he knew instantly that with the color and fire it had to be a spess.

i''m still loving the ring and there are no changes i''d make to it.

i can honestly say i''ve not seen the cartier ring but if anyone finds a picture, i''d love to see it. my taste would rerun more towards baby spess on the shank sides........
face6.gif

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results