shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, I’ve had the vaccine, anyone else?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Northern CA VA is vaccinating all veterans regardless of age. My husband got his this morning. This is HUGE for us because he has type 2 diabetes. We have been living in lockdown for a year. Freedom is getting closer!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received both doses of Pfizer and have the itchy red lump too at the injection site. It’s really not bad at all though, it only bothers me when I think about it.

It's been three days since I got the vaccination and, Thank God, the itching has stopped (or is not so intense). The red rash is still there very prominently, however. The site is now only tender if touched. The itching was driving me crazy. The headache lasted only one day. I bought some Benadryl and since I had a phone conference with my neurologist yesterday I discussed taking it with him. But now the worst of the itching is over. Lymph nodes (tiny ones) in between my neck and shoulder got itchy and tender, too. My dermatologist had told me that some women who get covid arm are affected in the lymph nodes under their arms and shouldn't have mammograms soon after the vaccination.

I am wondering if you still have your rash, @OreoRosies86.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went for a mammo the day after I had my first shot, and asked the nurses and they said it was fine, I didn’t have any symptoms from the shot.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GOT MY SHOT!!!

Modena, first dose. Second dose scheduled.

YAAAAAY!!!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's been three days since I got the vaccination and, Thank God, the itching has stopped (or is not so intense). The red rash is still there very prominently, however. The site is now only tender if touched. The itching was driving me crazy. The headache lasted only one day. I bought some Benadryl and since I had a phone conference with my neurologist yesterday I discussed taking it with him. But now the worst of the itching is over. Lymph nodes (tiny ones) in between my neck and shoulder got itchy and tender, too. My dermatologist had told me that some women who get covid arm are affected in the lymph nodes under their arms and shouldn't have mammograms soon after the vaccination.

I am wondering if you still have your rash, @OreoRosies86.

I do, ugh. It’s not any different except I don’t feel the two little lumps anymore. It’s just one red lump that’s hot to the touch. That’s my only side effect thus far!

43D5EAAA-A574-4AEA-B5FF-09CCC1D511A2.jpeg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do, ugh. It’s not any different except I don’t feel the two little lumps anymore. It’s just one red lump that’s hot to the touch. That’s my only side effect thus far!

43D5EAAA-A574-4AEA-B5FF-09CCC1D511A2.jpeg

I'm sorry you still have yours, but the truth is: misery loves company. It makes me feel reassured. My neurologist said something about my having a good immune system and chuckled, but I guess I still felt a little lonely out there.

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got the J&J!!!!!

In the 15 minute waiting period and then I can leave.

Woo hoo!!!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I got my second Moderna shot yesterday, no adverse effects yet, just a sore arm like my first shot.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Both Pfizers , no big deal until I went for a mammogram. They want 6 weeks out from the vaccine just in case one would still have swollen lymph glands. Anything shows up, ins. makes you pay for the 2nd look. I cancelled.

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
DS able to sign up and get an appointment for Monday. So happy! Our next visit can be with hugs and no masks!!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Not even close up here in Canada. Sigh.
Maybe by June, July or August. And I'm front line :(

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I told you guys two months ago...:praise: Fauci doesn't want this virus to end.

It is not unusual to need booster shots or yearly vaccines @Dancing Fire.

For example, for those of us who get the flu vaccine it is a yearly vaccine. That is the way it works. So no conspiracy theory going on and nothing unusual.

This is how vaccines work when a virus mutates substantially over time. To make sure immunity remains high, we give annual boosters designed to be effective against new strains.

And then there are tetanus boosters as another example. We need those every 10 years because immunity to tetanus can drop over time.

I hate injecting (haha injecting) logic and science and bursting your bubble but there you go and hope that explanation helps you calm down and relax a bit.

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
It is not unusual to need booster shots or yearly vaccines @Dancing Fire.

For example, for those of us who get the flu vaccine it is a yearly vaccine. That is the way it works. So no conspiracy theory going on and nothing unusual.

This is how vaccines work when a virus mutates substantially over time. To make sure immunity remains high, we give annual boosters designed to be effective against new strains.

And then there are tetanus boosters as another example. We need those every 10 years because immunity to tetanus can drop over time.

I hate injecting (haha injecting) logic and science and bursting your bubble but there you go and hope that explanation helps you calm down and relax a bit.

Thank you Missy! That was perfectly succinct and informative.

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
I got my first last week. I am an introvert so it wasn’t hard to stay home but I’m so sick of my own cooking!! I am still pleasantly surprised that people in my rural area of PA are obeying the mask mandate.

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
Daughter went back to work yesterday. Was supposed to double today but had to give up her afternoon shift due to exhaustion. We definitely think it was an allergic reaction.
Hubby, youngest and I all go Monday for Moderna #2.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had my second Pfizer shot on April 16. My arm bothered me for a few hours, but there were no other side effects.

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
I got my second Moderna Monday, on Tuesday I started having sensitivity on both of my crowns when drinking cold liquids. My oldest just told me she is having sensitivity on her molar as well. Anyone else have side effects with teeth after?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@AprilBaby I don’t know if this is the correct vaccine thread. I want to know how the results of the biopsy went. I hope everything turned out to be fine.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got my 2nd jab on Tuesday. Initially I wasn’t expecting to have my first until end of April to mid May, but had my first 8 weeks ago. The rollout here has been amazing.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AprilBaby I don’t know if this is the correct vaccine thread. I want to know how the results of the biopsy went. I hope everything turned out to be fine.

Whatever it is, it’s benign. I havnt exactly gotten an explanation of what’s going on. It’s full of T reactive cells. They told me I don’t need to come in but it’s not gone away. I’m still waiting to actually talk with the dr. If I post a result can someone explain?

The left supraclavicular lymph node biopsy is remarkable for cores of lymph node tissue with reactive changes. Follicles have reactive appearing germinal centers. No Reed-Sternberg cells are seen. No granulomas are appreciated. Immunoperoxidase stains were performed to further evaluate the lymph node. CD3 and CD20 demonstrate a mixed population of T and B lymphocytes. CD10 is positive within germinal center cells. Germinal center B cells are negative for BCL-2. Cyclin D1 and cytokeratin are negative. LEF 1 is positive in a subset of lymphocytes likely representing T lymphocytes.

Flow cytometry immunophenotyping studies were performed on the submitted tissue. A limited panel was performed due to cellularity. B cells show polytypic surface immunoglobulin light chain staining pattern.

There is no malignancy in the material examined. Clinical correlation is suggested. If the lymphadenopathy persists or is otherwise clinically suspicious, excisional biopsy may be considered.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whatever it is, it’s benign. I havnt exactly gotten an explanation of what’s going on. It’s full of T reactive cells. They told me I don’t need to come in but it’s not gone away. I’m still waiting to actually talk with the dr. If I post a result can someone explain?

The left supraclavicular lymph node biopsy is remarkable for cores of lymph node tissue with reactive changes. Follicles have reactive appearing germinal centers. No Reed-Sternberg cells are seen. No granulomas are appreciated. Immunoperoxidase stains were performed to further evaluate the lymph node. CD3 and CD20 demonstrate a mixed population of T and B lymphocytes. CD10 is positive within germinal center cells. Germinal center B cells are negative for BCL-2. Cyclin D1 and cytokeratin are negative. LEF 1 is positive in a subset of lymphocytes likely representing T lymphocytes.

Flow cytometry immunophenotyping studies were performed on the submitted tissue. A limited panel was performed due to cellularity. B cells show polytypic surface immunoglobulin light chain staining pattern.

There is no malignancy in the material examined. Clinical correlation is suggested. If the lymphadenopathy persists or is otherwise clinically suspicious, excisional biopsy may be considered.
@AprilBaby Thank G there’s no malignancy! I’m not a medical person but it sounds like your immune system went into hyperdrive after the vaccine.
I hope someone knowledgeable can shed light on what they think this is. If this is a hyper reaction to the vaccine..I think it would mean your immune system would kick Covid’s butt. I would contact the vaccine provider to let them know about your reaction.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AprilBaby Thank G there’s no malignancy! I’m not a medical person but it sounds like your immune system went into hyperdrive after the vaccine.
I hope someone knowledgeable can shed light on what they think this is. If this is a hyper reaction to the vaccine..I think it would mean your immune system would kick Covid’s butt. I would contact the vaccine provider to let them know about your reaction.

Actually I’m immunocompromised and it may mean my system went into overdrive but I may not have as much protection from the vaccine. It could possibly cause more autoimmune reaction. I have another appointment next week.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually I’m immunocompromised and it may mean my system went into overdrive but I may not have as much protection from the vaccine. It could possibly cause more autoimmune reaction. I have another appointment next week.

Okay...I’m hoping for the best...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results