shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, I’ve had the vaccine, anyone else?

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Even with all the chaos of the vaccine roll out, the waiting, and all the uncertainty of reactions, the fact that we live in a time in history where humans can create a vaccine for a deadly epidemic is truly amazing. Think of all the generations before us that were not this lucky and had to face far more deadly diseases without hope of combatting or even understanding them.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Four days to go for my first shot, and counting! Three days for my sweetie. Most importantly, his 90-year-old mother got her first shot this week, and her sweetie (and for the past year, her sole caregiver) is now fully vaccinated!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are so adorable!! I love that you want a reaction! I am dreading my second shot next week bc I have never ever had the flu or run a fever in my life! I’m truly scared bc I don’t know what to expect!!!

Haha! I‘m older @nala so I wanted to make sure my immune system was still there! Don’t be afraid of the fever. I just felt a little warm like when you put on a light sweater and just really needed a blouse. That’s it..My headache was annoying but happy I toughed it out because I need all the efficacy I can get. I didn’t take any pain relievers before or after. Yesterday afternoon I got sooooo tired. I kept complaining to my husband that I needed a nap...He kept laughing at me and told me that was good. He was also happy I got a reaction. lol When it was about 7pm I didn’t feel as tired...and the fever started going down. I kept taking it to watch because I was fascinated...It dropped in tiny drops...This morning I’m 97.6..I feel like myself again...It was sooooo worth it...You’ll be fine!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I came home from work yesterday and took, no joke, three naps AND slept though the night. Feeling a tad achy (that could be my AI prob) but otherwise good to go and relived it’s done for me...for now.
The tech said to take a pic of the card and to not laminate it, as some are doing, because we may need boosters to add below the two we have had.. :(

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I came home from work yesterday and took, no joke, three naps AND slept though the night. Feeling a tad achy (that could be my AI prob) but otherwise good to go and relived it’s done for me...for now.
The tech said to take a pic of the card and to not laminate it, as some are doing, because we may need boosters to add below the two we have had.. :(

I’m so happy you feel better now @Slick1 I had to push through all day yesterday too because I had to go with my mom to the doctor. I was beyond exhausted! I thought I was going to try to stay up until 8 when David went to bed...I started feeling less tired and my fever started going down. I was able to watch something on tv with my hubby...I slept like a rock but woke up at 5am..
That’s a good idea to take a pic of the card. I hope they do boosters with the variants that are flying around..

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just my second BioTech/Pfizer vaccination this afternoon. I got it about three hours ago and I am only now beginning to start to feel the sore arm I know I will have for a few days. I have no idea what side effects, if any, I will have.

Which of you had side effects with the second Pfizer vaccine? Many people I know got the Moderna. One good friend was quite sick with that (the second one).

I will try to look back in this thread, but it is more efficient to ask straight out, too!

lightfish

Rough_Rock
@AGBF I got the second Pfizer vaccine a week ago at 5pm, felt fine and woke up with chills at 5am. Then by noon the next day I had a fever of 101.4F and couldn't get out of bed with body aches. I took tylenol every 6 hours for 18 hours before going back to normal-ish with a slight headache. Totally fine after 48 hours!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF I got the second Pfizer vaccine a week ago at 5pm, felt fine and woke up with chills at 5am. Then by noon the next day I had a fever of 101.4F and couldn't get out of bed with body aches. I took tylenol every 6 hours for 18 hours before going back to normal-ish with a slight headache. Totally fine after 48 hours!

Thanks so much for the reply. So I won't be shocked if I have a reaction, too. :wavey:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just my second BioTech/Pfizer vaccination this afternoon. I got it about three hours ago and I am only now beginning to start to feel the sore arm I know I will have for a few days. I have no idea what side effects, if any, I will have.

Which of you had side effects with the second Pfizer vaccine? Many people I know got the Moderna. One good friend was quite sick with that (the second one).

I will try to look back in this thread, but it is more efficient to ask straight out, too!

DH and I got our second Pfizer vaccination yesterday at 3:00 pm and the sore arm kicked in about 5 hours later. We both woke up with terrible headaches, body aches and a fair amount of nausea and tiredness. It has been 28 hours since the shot and the side effects are starting to get slightly less. Hopefully, tomorrow we will be feeling quite a bit better!

oakleaf

Shiny_Rock
My husband had his second dose of the Pfizer vaccine on Tursday. He had a sore arm for a few days, and was a little more tired than usual.
I had the Pfizer vaccine as well, no major side effects for me either. I had a sore arm, tiredness, and woke up drenched in sweat after the second dose. We are both in our early 40’s and have not had COVID.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hope you are feeling OK today @AGBF and congratulations on receiving both doses. (((Hugs))).

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had the BioTech/Pfizer vaccine yesterday afternoon. At first, after a few hours, my arm was mildly sore. Either last night or this morning it became extremely itchy and this morning I had a fairly large bump on my arm. (I did not have any bump or swelling with the first vaccination.) I also woke up with a nasty headache that i have been unable to banish with extra-strength Tylenols. I asked my daughter to feel my forehead. Yesterday she said it was cold; today she said it was warm. So I took my temperature. I don't think I have done that in 30 years! It was definitely elevated given how low my temperature usually runs, but nothing interesting. 99.6 degrees F. I also have a small lymph node that popped out in my neck. I guess I should be glad that I have signs I am reacting. That is supposed to indicate that I am gaining immunity, is it not?

diamondsareagirls

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Got my first shot yesterday and feel great today! Arm was sore last night and less sore this morning.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Got my first Pfizer shot. Had a headache and a sore arm but Im ok.

My mom was in bed with a fever the day after her 2nd dose so I will plan accordingly.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got my second dose of Pfizer yesterday. Other than a sore arm, no side effects to report!

I was extremely happy to get it, and even happier to assist 4 family members in getting theirs. Feeling more hopeful than I have in a long time!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sooo..I woke up in the middle of the night with a very runny nose...only on one side. It’s like a faucet. I always mask up so can’t imagine getting a cold. I got my second Moderna shot on Thursday...This is Saturday..I don’t think there’s a connection to the vaccine...Could it be I picked up Covid waiting to get my shot at the Health Department? I don’t have a fever. I had to take Tylenol because all the nose blowing gave me a headache....Do I need to take a test? :oops2:

Last edited:

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock
Sooo..I woke up in the middle of the night with a very runny nose...only on one side. It’s like a faucet. I always mask up so can’t imagine getting a cold. I got my second Moderna shot on Thursday...This is Saturday..I don’t think there’s a connection to the vaccine...Could it be I picked up Covid waiting to get my shot at the Health Department? I don’t have a fever. I had to take Tylenol because all the nose blowing gave me a headache....Do I need to take a test? :oops2:

It is allergy season, so that would be my guess If you’re at all prone to allergies.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

No! Don’t stress. Your first dose should have protected you from Covid at this point—I would think.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's 6:00 AM Monday morning. I had my second Pfizer vaccination late in the afternoon on Saturday. Sunday I was quite uncomfortable. I woke up today and knew I was going to get better. I only had a slight headache and slight itching on my arm. The swelling looked like a deflated balloon. (I had been looking up covid arm because although I did not have a delayed reaction, I had a big, itchy red patch on my arm).

@MamaBee, I had some runny nose stuff going on this morning.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

How are you doing/feeling this morning Joanne?

I hope you took my advice from yesterday :)

getbacktobed.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's 6:00 AM Monday morning. I had my second Pfizer vaccination late in the afternoon on Saturday. Sunday I was quite uncomfortable. I woke up today and knew I was going to get better. I only had a slight headache and slight itching on my arm. The swelling looked like a deflated balloon. (I had been looking up covid arm because although I did not have a delayed reaction, I had a big, itchy red patch on my arm).

@MamaBee, I had some runny nose stuff going on this morning.

I am glad you are feeling better Deb. Interesting you had a rash on your arm from the Pfizer vaccine. Please report that because as far as I know the rash is known to be an effect from the Moderna vaccine and not the Pfizer and I think that is an important issue to report. Continue feeling better and hugs.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad you are feeling better Deb. Interesting you had a rash on your arm from the Pfizer vaccine. Please report that because as far as I know the rash is known to be an effect from the Moderna vaccine and not the Pfizer and I think that is an important issue to report. Continue feeling better and hugs.

Where would I report it, missy?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where would I report it, missy?

Here you go Deb. I registered for V safe and they text me asking how each day is going after vaccination. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/vsafe.html

Also you can report it to VAERS at
https://vaers.hhs.gov/reportevent.html

Here are additional resources.

"

The following systems and information sources add an additional layer of safety monitoring, giving CDC and FDA the ability to evaluate COVID-19 vaccine safety in real time and make sure COVID-19 vaccines are as safe as possible:

• CDC: V-safe — A new smartphone-based, after-vaccination health checker for people who receive COVID-19 vaccines. V-safe uses text messaging and web surveys from CDC to check in with vaccine recipients following COVID-19 vaccination. V-safe also provides second vaccine dose reminders if needed, and telephone follow up to anyone who reports medically significant (important) adverse events.
  • CDC: National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) — An acute and long-term care facility monitoring system with reporting to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System or VAERS that will allow for determination of COVID-19 vaccine adverse event reporting rates.
  • FDA: Other large insurer/payer databases — A system of administrative and claims-based data for surveillance and research.

Existing Safety Monitoring Systems

As people get vaccinated, CDC, FDA, and other federal partners will use the following existing, robust systems and data sources to conduct ongoing safety monitoring:

General public

• CDC and FDA: Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)external icon — The national system that collects reports from healthcare professionals, vaccine manufacturers, and the public of adverse events that happen after vaccination; reports of adverse events that are unexpected, appear to happen more often than expected, or have unusual patterns are followed up with specific studies
  • CDC: Vaccine Safety Datalink (VSD) — A network of nine integrated healthcare organizations across the United States that conducts active surveillance and research; the system is also used to help determine whether possible side effects identified using VAERS are actually related to vaccination
  • CDC: Clinical Immunization Safety Assessment (CISA) Project — A collaboration between CDC and 7 medical research centers to provide expert consultation on individual cases and conduct clinical research studies about vaccine safety
  • FDA and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services: Medicare data — A claims-based system for active surveillance and research
  • FDA: Biologics Effectiveness and Safety System (BEST)external icon — A system of electronic health record, administrative, and claims-based data for active surveillance and research
  • FDA: Sentinel Initiativeexternal icon — A system of electronic health record, administrative, and claims-based data for active surveillance and research
"

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The right side of my nose is constantly running this time of year. Not sure where in the world you’re located, but we are entering allergy season here and it’s no fun.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received both doses of Pfizer and have the itchy red lump too at the injection site. It’s really not bad at all though, it only bothers me when I think about it.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @m-cubed @nala @OreoRosies86 @missy @AGBF
I think it is allergies. I’m told you can develop them at any time..I didn’t know I had them but I must have some. I was watching tv last night..I let out a sneeze that blew my tv glasses off my face! :lol: I know sneezing isn’t related to Covid..This morning I did the same thing....I scared my poor dog! Haha

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received both doses of Pfizer and have the itchy red lump too at the injection site. It’s really not bad at all though, it only bothers me when I think about it.

Interesting!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @m-cubed @nala @OreoRosies86 @missy @AGBF
I think it is allergies. I’m told you can develop them at any time..I didn’t know I had them but I must have some. I was watching tv last night..I let out a sneeze that blew my tv glasses off my face! :lol: I know sneezing isn’t related to Covid..This morning I did the same thing....I scared my poor dog! Haha

When one of my dogs was boarded and they had him in an unfamiliar place (a cubicle, not a room) an attendant was leaning over the cubicle and sneezed. Biscuit bit her! I didn't know about it until I came to pick him up. She said she shouldn't have been leaning over his cubicle. I felt terrible. Biscuit was one of my two adoptees. He never broke the skin, but he nipped any stranger who came to our front door. And he was an oversized (110 pound) yellow Lab.I had a trainer for years.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
When one of my dogs was boarded and they had him in an unfamiliar place (a cubicle, not a room) an attendant was leaning over the cubicle and sneezed. Biscuit bit her! I didn't know about it until I came to pick him up. She said she shouldn't have been leaning over his cubicle. I felt terrible. Biscuit was one of my two adoptees. He never broke the skin, but he nipped any stranger who came to our front door. And he was an oversized (110 pound) yellow Lab.I had a trainer for years.

I love the name Biscuit @AGBF! She scared him..so I understand why he bit her...
My dog sounds vicious but he’s a marshmallow. He barks at everyone showing his teeth...They don’t know that if they advanced closer to him he would roll over with his feet up in the air in total submission! I :lol: I’ve had men jump off my front steps because he looks so ferocious when he barks. He did save me twice from being robbed or attacked. My Chicken Little was walking with me at our second house late at night. A man came up to me and was asking me strange questions...looking around and laughing....It was a young man so he definitely was after my jewelry..I was nervous and Bailey picked it up...His hackles went up and exposed all his teeth. He let out a real low growl that I never heard from him before. He then lunged at the guy and stood up on his two back legs..The man ran...Bailey got a million biscuits that night. I dealt with the aftermath of that decision afterwards..lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results