shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, I’ve had the vaccine, anyone else?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's upsetting especially because the vaccinations are free to all right now with and without insurance. Delaying vaccinating because of this reason is egregious because the longer it takes to vaccinate everyone the more risk for variants to develop and the longer it takes to reach a sufficient vaccination level. Makes me angry they canceled it for that reason. :angryfire:

^ This. I was told last Friday when I got J&J shot that they don’t bill insurance. Maybe that’s just Colorado. Either way, I agree with @missy - the goal is vaccinating the US regardless of insurance. Maddening!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Remember I posted my concern that Johnson and Johnson would not be as effective?

I managed to score a Pfizer vaccine today!! And I have my follow up appointment in 21 days. I have been hitting refresh all day long on pharmacy websites for an appointment and just about fell over when an available slot popped up right near my house for two hours later!! I signed up and then could not focus on my work before driving to my pharmacy. I was so relieved and excited to get the appointment! It went smoothly. I didn't actually believe I would get the vaccine until needle went into arm.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I got a Moderna vaccine today! And my hubby did too!

God bless HEB! I will be a customer for life!

There were four extra doses left at closing time at the HEB pharmacy (our Texas grocery store) because people hadn't shown up for their appointments. My hubby & I grabbed two of them!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ This. I was told last Friday when I got J&J shot that they don’t bill insurance. Maybe that’s just Colorado. Either way, I agree with @missy - the goal is vaccinating the US regardless of insurance. Maddening!

I am so happy to hear that all Americans (according to Biden) will be eligible for getting vaccinated by May 1st! And wishing the same to everyone all over the world. Together we are getting through this pandemic. Slowly but surely and may that continue.

One day at a time.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee @Slick1 how are you ladies doing after dose 2? Hope you are feeling well and happy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

There were four extra doses left at closing time at the HEB pharmacy (our Texas grocery store) because people hadn't shown up for their appointments. My hubby & I grabbed two of them!

Woohoo! Congratulations @RunningwithScissors!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee @Slick1 how are you ladies doing after dose 2? Hope you are feeling well and happy!

Woke up middle of the night with chills so severe I layered on the fleece and blankets. Took Tylenol and going to try to be a trooper and go to work...
Arm and throat are sore too.
Thanks for asking!!! ♥️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woke up middle of the night with chills so severe I layered on the fleece and blankets. Took Tylenol and going to try to be a trooper and go to work...
Arm and throat are sore too.
Thanks for asking!!! ♥️

To be clear I am liking your above post to give you love and support. Not liking that you have a fever. Feel better sweet friend @Slick1 and I hope you realize you are another reason I am so grateful for having found PS. (((Hugs))).

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be clear I am liking your above post to give you love and support. Not liking that you have a fever. Feel better sweet friend @Slick1 and I hope you realize you are another reason I am so grateful for having found PS. (((Hugs))).

Same my dear friend @missy I am thankful and blessed to call you friend. ❤️

How are you @MamaBee ?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@missy My head hurts..It’s so weird but my eyeballs hurt! I’m exhausted because I didn’t sleep. I slept hot all last night even though I put the air on before going to bed. I’m achy too but not too bad. It’s just a general feeling of slight achiness. Is that a word? Haha..No fever..I’m slightly warmer than I usually am but definitely not a fever. I’m trying not to take a Tylenol for the headache. I also have a sore arm..
@Slick1 I’m sorry you had a bad night with fever and the chills..It’s a good thing though..I’m very tired..Thanks for asking..

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
@missy My head hurts..It’s so weird but my eyeballs hurt! I’m exhausted because I didn’t sleep. I slept hot all last night even though I put the air on before going to bed. I’m achy too but not too bad. It’s just a general feeling of slight achiness. Is that a word? Haha..No fever..I’m slightly warmer than I usually am but definitely not a fever. I’m trying not to take a Tylenol for the headache. I also have a sore arm..
@Slick1 I’m sorry you had a bad night with fever and the chills..It’s a good thing though..I’m very tired..Thanks for asking..

Hope you feel better soon but glad your immune system is working! I also hope you can take it easy today and rest a little with all you have going on.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hope you feel better soon but glad your immune system is working! I also hope you can take it easy today and rest a little with all you have going on.

Thank you @rcjtraveler I would like to meet my mom at the doctor today. As long as I don’t have a fever I’ll go..They won’t let me in if I do.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Remember I posted my concern that Johnson and Johnson would not be as effective?

I managed to score a Pfizer vaccine today!! And I have my follow up appointment in 21 days. I have been hitting refresh all day long on pharmacy websites for an appointment and just about fell over when an available slot popped up right near my house for two hours later!! I signed up and then could not focus on my work before driving to my pharmacy. I was so relieved and excited to get the appointment! It went smoothly. I didn't actually believe I would get the vaccine until needle went into arm.

I’m so happy for you @asscherisme!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks so exciting @RunningwithScissors! Did they also schedule you for the second dose?

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's awesome! Which HEB? I got my 1st dose at Methodist on Tuesday. I'm not sure how I was able to. I'm not in any of the groups that are currently able to get the vaccine. But Methodist contacted me and I didn't turn down the opportunity! My husband still needs it though.

I had a horrible headache yesterday after the first dose on Tuesday. I am not prone to headaches so I don't believe it to be coincidence. Hopefully the 2nd dose won't be bad!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's awesome! Which HEB? I got my 1st dose at Methodist on Tuesday. I'm not sure how I was able to. I'm not in any of the groups that are currently able to get the vaccine. But Methodist contacted me and I didn't turn down the opportunity! My husband still needs it though.

I had a horrible headache yesterday after the first dose on Tuesday. I am not prone to headaches so I don't believe it to be coincidence. Hopefully the 2nd dose won't be bad!

Wow! That’s great @Gussie!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so exciting @RunningwithScissors! Did they also schedule you for the second dose?

Yes! They scheduled me for a second shot at the appointment time that the person who was supposed to get the shot (but didn't show up and didn't call to reschedule) originally had.

I'm sorry you are not feeling well.

I feel fine this morning, just a sore arm. I felt a little woozy last night before bed, but it was much more mild than how I feel after getting a flu shot. I expect the second shot will make me feel worse, but I totally think it is worth it for immunity. I have to travel by air next week and take care of an ailing, elderly parent who hasn't had a vaccine, so any extra bit of immunity that even this first shot will give me is a HUGE blessing.

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

I live in a suburb north of Houston but got a tip that there would be extra vaccine in Friendswood (actually it was closer to Alvin! 1hr 45min minutes south of me!) so hubby & I raced down through rush hour traffic and waited patiently until closing time, at which time the pharmacy gave us the shots.

My local HEB pharmacist knew my plight. I am traveling back and forth to Maryland to take care of a father who is debilitated from a recent massive stroke and a mother with early stage dementia. So the pharmacist called me and let me know to race to Friendswood to wait in line for the extra doses that were available due to a high number of no-shows that day.

Talk about a pharmacy that goes above and beyond. They have my business for life!

I am sorry you have a headache. I expect my second shot to hit me somewhat hard, but in my opinion it is totally worth any discomfort to protect myself and others around me.

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @RunningwithScissors . I am so glad you got one!! I am going to start calling all HEBs!

Go and talk to your local HEB pharmacist. Ask them if you could come in an hour before the pharmacy closes each evening to check to see if there are any extra doses from no-shows that day.

The pharmacy we went to closed at 8pm, and we were told to be there by 7pm to fill out the form and then just wait. Around 7:40 pm they started giving the extras to those who were there doing the same thing we were doing. There was a line of us waiting and the first four in line got the shots because there were four openings.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes! They scheduled me for a second shot at the appointment time that the person who was supposed to get the shot (but didn't show up and didn't call to reschedule) originally had.

I'm sorry you are not feeling well.

I feel fine this morning, just a sore arm. I felt a little woozy last night before bed, but it was much more mild than how I feel after getting a flu shot. I expect the second shot will make me feel worse, but I totally think it is worth it for immunity. I have to travel by air next week and take care of an ailing, elderly parent who hasn't had a vaccine, so any extra bit of immunity that even this first shot will give me is a HUGE blessing.

@RunningwithScissors That’s great! I’m sorry about your parent. I’m going through the same thing right now with my mom.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Update...I’m running a low grade fever...It fluctuates between 99.6 and 100.1...I usually have a 97.1. The annoying headache is still hanging on but I’m actually happy I’m getting a reaction. Yes I’m weird..haha

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RunningwithScissors , I‘m glad you were able to get the vaccine and am sorry to hear about what your parents are going thru. It has to be so difficult to not live near them. I’m sorry, this has to be so hard for you.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Update...I’m running a low grade fever...It fluctuates between 99.6 and 100.1...I usually have a 97.1. The annoying headache is still hanging on but I’m actually happy I’m getting a reaction. Yes I’m weird..haha

Yes, it means your body is producing what it needs to produce!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@RunningwithScissors , I‘m glad you were able to get the vaccine and am sorry to hear about what your parents are going thru. It has to be so difficult to not live near them. I’m sorry, this has to be so hard for you.

Thank you.

collier

Shiny_Rock
Thank you.

I'm so glad you were able to get the shot. Persistence helps, no doubt.
I get my second shot tomorrow as a 1c frontline worker. My colleague, who is also getting it tomorrow, has already called in sick for Monday because she had a reaction to the first one.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so happy and so irritated at the same time. The irritated comes from my mom and aunt not wanting my grandparents (both in their 80s with health issues) to get the vaccines so "accidentally" not completing the final step of setting up an appointment online. My grandparents sat in line for hours for their appointment only to be told the scheduling hadn't been completed so they missed out. I was told about the "accident" since I was sending links to available appointments to my mom for her to get them set up.
Just found out a couple of days ago that my grandparents got both of their vaccines. Not sure when. No one told me. I am just glad it is done! (Yay for the neighbor who drove them and whoever helped them get those appointments! Grrrrrrr at the stubborn grandparents who figure that if you are going to get it you're going to get it so may as well keep going out where they want...)

Grandpa -- 87 years old with kidney issues, glaucoma, etc felt fine after both. Grandma -- 85 with Parkinson's on lots of meds and very unstable sodium levels was "sick" for a few days after each.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You are so adorable!! I love that you want a reaction! I am dreading my second shot next week bc I have never ever had the flu or run a fever in my life! I’m truly scared bc I don’t know what to expect!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results