shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, I’ve had the vaccine, anyone else?

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
@rcjtraveler Thats wonderful news! My second Moderna shot is due next Thursday. I’m holding my breath hoping I don‘t get rescheduled. I live in Pa where a big mix up happened. Some pharmacies and other providers used the second shots reserved for the people that already had the first dose..They used them for first shots creating a shortage of the second doses...I may get my dose rescheduled to after 28 days. :confused:

Hope all goes well for next Thurs. I really do think it is ok beyond the 28 days, though. It is so reassuring to finally get the second one, so I completely understand the anxiety. Sorry you had to get caught up in the mix up. Right after DH got his second shot today I heard I will be able to sign up for my group on March 22. I just missed the cut off for the group my DH was in. Just excited it will be sooner than they originally said by about a month. I think with the additional vaccine availability it will go quicker. At least that is my hope! Good luck with next week!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My parents received the second dose of Moderna on Tuesday. They are 82 and 86. Mom had no reaction. Stepfather had sore arm at injection site for less than a day. So happy they are both fully vaccinated.

That’s wonderful news @Calliecake!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hope all goes well for next Thurs. I really do think it is ok beyond the 28 days, though. It is so reassuring to finally get the second one, so I completely understand the anxiety. Sorry you had to get caught up in the mix up. Right after DH got his second shot today I heard I will be able to sign up for my group on March 22. I just missed the cut off for the group my DH was in. Just excited it will be sooner than they originally said by about a month. I think with the additional vaccine availability it will go quicker. At least that is my hope! Good luck with next week!!

Great news @rcjtraveler! Thank you..I am sweating it out..

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear all of the tales of doses running amuck, and hoping that everyone is able to get what they need! I just got the first dose of Pfizer today and I am pretty excited about it! :dance:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I drove my husband 7 hrs round trip for the shot by the air National guard last Saturday. He is much more relaxed now that he had it. No reaction #1 Moderna. We go back March 27. My daughter got #1 Moderna today in Oregon. She works with college students.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received my first shot of the Moderna vaccine this morning.

I was one of the first appointments. Realizing that I was going to the the first person for the person giving my vaccine, I started worrying about watching her draw up the vaccine with the same needle and told myself "don't cause a scene if you see this, you will get through this". Fortunately, all the syringes were preloaded. The woman who gave me the vaccine was wonderful...told me she's been a nurse for 10 years and fast.

Sure enough, it was super quick and completely painless. I almost wondered if she even injected anything....but my sore arm is telling me she did.

Afterwards I joked "how can I get you for my second vaccine".

Thanks to everyone for their kind words.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Mom managed to get an appointment for one of my brothers (they're 17YO twins) so yay! Now she just needs one more appointment. Next will be DH but he has no CDC comorbidities so he'll have to wait until more things open up.

I found out today that I WILL be going back to teach in person, I am so glad I jumped on the opportunity to get the vaccine when I did!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I drove my husband 7 hrs round trip for the shot by the air National guard last Saturday. He is much more relaxed now that he had it. No reaction #1 Moderna. We go back March 27. My daughter got #1 Moderna today in Oregon. She works with college students.

It’s very nerve wracking @AprilBaby. That’s great he was able to get it. Seven hours in a car would make me nuts but I would also do it.
How’s the lymph node on your collarbone?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had my first AZ one earlier this morning, mid 50s with an underlying condition.

In and out in less than 10min, very efficient.

So far so good except for soreness around the injection site, and I shall take it easy and have plenty of Paracetamol in case I need them.

DK :))

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s very nerve wracking @AprilBaby. That’s great he was able to get it. Seven hours in a car would make me nuts but I would also do it.
How’s the lymph node on your collarbone?

I’m having a CT scan next Tuesday because it’s been 6 weeks and not going away. Thanks for asking! :cry:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m having a CT scan next Tuesday because it’s been 6 weeks and not going away. Thanks for asking! :cry:

@AprilBabyI’m glad you’re getting the scan..but it’s probably the vaccine. It went down before. Nothing sinister goes up and down. Big hugs!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just want to publicly apologise to the UK for this idiot
he's from Auckland
Never very popular where im from because he used to cheat imho rugby as part of the Auckland team

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I’m not really concerned about breast cancer, I think it is vaccine related, but it’s been 6.5 weeks of not going away and I have a history of pancreatic cancer. In fact it’s 5 years this month it was found. I’m happy to get a CT and get told it’s vaccine and have nothing to worry about!

Big hugs @AprilBaby I’ll be sending you good wishes and virtual hugs all day Tuesday!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I had the Johnson and Johnson vaccine today. Four hours ago, no reaction yet. I can't feel the shot spot or see where it was. From what I read there was a higher incidence of side effects in the placebo group. The incidence of fever was 9%.

We'll see how this works.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@AprilBaby I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow and get good results back soon..

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I had the Johnson and Johnson vaccine today. Four hours ago, no reaction yet. I can't feel the shot spot or see where it was. From what I read there was a higher incidence of side effects in the placebo group. The incidence of fever was 9%.

We'll see how this works.

Thanks for mentioning that you received this shot, @MMtwo. I'm curious to see the immediate effects of the J & J vaccine, ie, will there be "symptoms" as with Moderna?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for mentioning that you received this shot, @MMtwo. I'm curious to see the immediate effects of the J & J vaccine, ie, will there be "symptoms" as with Moderna?

12 hours out. My temp is normal. No arm pain and still can't see the shot area. Am I the first with J&J on this thread? I did some reading but not much to find except generally mild after effects.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got the J&J vaccine on 3/5. I had some side effects but am recovered now.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AprilBaby I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow and get good results back soon..

It got canceled at the last minute because insurance had not pre approved it yet. Reschedule for next Tuesday.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
By 3 AM I had mild chills, slightly elevated temp. Today slightly achy like I spent yesterday scrubbing walls or something, but feel okay in general.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MsCocoChanel

Rough_Rock
Received my 2nd dose of Moderna in mid-February. Had a sore arm for a few days accompanied by a low grade fever the first night and fatigue. It’s been such a relief to be able to work and go out in public (still masked) without being super paranoid and sanitizing my hands obsessively.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It got canceled at the last minute because insurance had not pre approved it yet. Reschedule for next Tuesday.

That's upsetting especially because the vaccinations are free to all right now with and without insurance. Delaying vaccinating because of this reason is egregious because the longer it takes to vaccinate everyone the more risk for variants to develop and the longer it takes to reach a sufficient vaccination level. Makes me angry they canceled it for that reason. :angryfire:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results