shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, I’ve had the vaccine, anyone else?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've just had the first Oxford vaccine this afternoon.I'll report back if I develop any symptomes

Good luck! I think you might be the first PSer to receive the Oxford Vaccine. There isn't a lot of info I can find about it re medical journals. I imagine that will change with time as it is newer than the other two vaccines.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If all goes according to plan, I should receive my first dose at the end of this month/early next month.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If all goes according to plan, I should receive my first dose at the end of this month/early next month.

Good luck @dk168 ! Do you know which vaccine?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom and I are scheduled to have our 2nd Moderna shot this Friday ... after the first shot I had a bruise at the injection site that lasted just over 2 weeks but otherwise unaffected ... my mom had tenderness at injection site for maybe 2 weeks (but no bruise or redness), experienced severe chills and shivering about 36 hours after the 1st shot which lasted about 24 hours, and then several days ago had a redness and slight swelling appear out of the blue on her upper arm on an area surrounding and including the injection site ... hydrocortisone cream has pretty much taken care of it. Hopefully it will clear entirely by Friday, as that is her preferred arm for shots/vaccines. We will of course report her side effects to the vaccine technician and follow their advice if they recommend the shot go in her other arm.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That seems a long way away
How old is he ?

Saturday here in NZ they start the roll out with boarder workers being first up

He's 64, if he was 65 he would have had it by now. He finds it extremely annoying. My Mom is 57. They both qualify by comorbidity in NY. ETA: Mom got her appointment because someone cancelled and they were able to get her in. She has multiple comorbidities so Step Dad wanted her to get the first available.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's 64, if he was 65 he would have had it by now. He finds it extremely annoying. My Mom is 57. They both qualify by comorbidity in NY. ETA: Mom got her appointment because someone cancelled and they were able to get her in. She has multiple comorbidities so Step Dad wanted her to get the first available.

Is he trying for cancellations too? I am sure there are cancellations daily and fingers crossed your step dad can get it sooner than April.

59B42B3A-2231-492A-B203-774D00F042FB.jpeg
All done, didn’t feel a thing!

Woohoo!

dmack

Shiny_Rock
I got the second Moderna shot 26 hours ago. Oof. Glad to know I’m not alone in these side effects! I’m on immunosuppressant drugs that I was told to skip this week just to make sure that my immune system could appropriately respond. And it did! Terrible nights sleep, chills, painful backache, headache, and that overall whole-body “sick” feeling. I can already feel the lymph nodes in my armpit swelling up again too. Tylenol and a heating pad have been very helpful. I hope by tomorrow morning I’m feeling human again, and feeling grateful for the ability to take a sick day. Hang in there, everyone!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My friends in the group before me in town are getting letters/calls inviting them to have their first injections this week, woo hoo!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve had no reaction to the vaccine, I can feel a slight tenderness at the site of the injection, but as I bruise easily, I think it’s bruising under the skin. No redness, no itching, no hot lump, and no headache.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My local Primary Care Network has started to contact patients in my group which is Group 6 today, and my nextdoor neighbour's daughter received her call (she has an underlying condition).

They are registered with a different surgery to mine, however, I am expecting to receive my invitation to book an appointment for my first injection anytime now.

They posted in their FB page to ask peeps to answer their phones and not to ignore text messages.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My dad's in the 65+ group and he got his first dose today. He (well, my sister) had to drive 120 miles for him to get it, but he got it!

My 'like' is for dad getting the vacine, definatly not for your sister having to drive 120 miles for him to get it.
But she is good daughter to do that so maybe she deserves the like anyway

My 'like' is for dad getting the vacine, definatly not for your sister having to drive 120 miles for him to get it.
But she is good daughter to do that so maybe she deserves the like anyway

Lol that's how I feel when someone posts some sad news or something. Right after I hit that "like" button, I'm like hm, maybe I shouldn't have...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol that's how I feel when someone posts some sad news or something. Right after I hit that "like" button, I'm like hm, maybe I shouldn't have...

My Bruce Springsteen forum recently introduced the hug option
(This was a story on our cat & dog thread about a long term resident of an animal shelter who fimally got adopted)
Screenshot_20210219-145444.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m in group 7 @dk168, but the nurse said they’re running several groups together, so I think you could be hearing really soon.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So today 26 people got vaccinated.

They are the vacinators

The PM said something about 2 months to get through the few thousand boarder workers

its apathetic

At this rate its it feels like its going to take forever and our boarders will never reopen

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting...the CDC is now saying in "exceptional situations" one can mix a Pfizer dose with a Moderna dose.

In fact, just last week, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued updated guidance advising that in “exceptional situations” it is acceptable to administer a different vaccine at a minimum interval of 28 days between doses.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results