shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, I’ve had the vaccine, anyone else?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The arm soreness came on much faster and more intense. This morning I have a slight headache (almost like sinus pressure) and I have chills and body ache but no fever. DH took the day off work to be with the kids so I can rest. Which I'm going to do right now! I'm about 13 hours post shot.

Sleep well @Asscherhalo_lover!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Over night I got headache , chills and extreme body ache. I feel like I was run over by a truck. Everything hurts.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PSA. If anyone got the moderna vaccine: dont panic if you have a delayed rash/swelling near the injection site 7-9 days after. It's a known (but rare) side effect. Its harmless, but I was very confused to have itching, swelling, redness, and heat near the injection site 8-9 days later, especially bc I only had soreness in the first day or two (had other flu like symptoms, but no swelling or rash on my arm at first).

If you do experience this, the advice I got was to: call the place where you got the vaccine to report it. This helps them track side effects. Draw a circle around the red/swollen area to make sure it doesnt "grow ". If it does, then go to urgent care (out of caution just in case it's something else). But if it doesnt grow just treat it like any other swelling. Ice, anti itch cream, etc. It should go away within 24-48 hours. About 30 hours after I first noticed the itching mine is much less swollen although still itchy and warm.

Just wanted to let others know, as side effects can sometimes feel really scary if you think you're the only one experiencing them.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Had both doses (Moderna). 2nd dose really knocked me out from about 12 hours after until about 36 hours after. Chills, fatigue (could barely keep my eyes open), nausea, vomiting, and mild bodyaches. Felt about 85% 44 hours after vaccine and 100% by 3 days after it. Would still get it again because it sounds a lot better than COVID.

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
How do you feel @AprilBaby? So far I don’t feel anything...I hope my immune system isn’t sleeping...:roll2:

@MamaBee- I saw a short video on Facebook from a doctor explaining why people don’t have a big reaction to shot 1. I will try to find it. I’m super, super ignorant but in basic terms- the doctor explained the first shot introduces your body to the shot and your body may have a mild reaction. But, when your body gets the second shot, it goes crazy in attack mode. I really can’t explain it- but maybe someone else can. Basically, most people are fine after the first shot and the side effects are far more likely to come after the second shot. Your immune system is working just fine! I would plan to have a bit of assistance after the second shot. My hubs had to help me a few times after the second shot.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee- I saw a short video on Facebook from a doctor explaining why people don’t have a big reaction to shot 1. I will try to find it. I’m super, super ignorant but in basic terms- the doctor explained the first shot introduces your body to the shot and your body may have a mild reaction. But, when your body gets the second shot, it goes crazy in attack mode. I really can’t explain it- but maybe someone else can. Basically, most people are fine after the first shot and the side effects are far more likely to come after the second shot. Your immune system is working just fine! I would plan to have a bit of assistance after the second shot. My hubs had to help me a few times after the second shot.

Thank you @NicoleNeedsHelp I would just worry about someone watching David if I had done bad reactions. My husband could come home if I needed help.
My friend got the Pfizer..She said she was just very tired..That’s it..

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Basically the mRNA codes for the spike protein. If you've never had COVID, your body has never seen it. So, the spike protein gets made and our immune systems "learn" it. After the second shot, the immune system recognizes and attacks the spike protein vigorously, leading to the symptoms people have.

People I know who had COVID and got the vaccine seem to have a vigorous reaction to the first dose. Likely this is because their bodies recognize the spike protein already.

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Basically the mRNA codes for the spike protein. If you've never had COVID, your body has never seen it. So, the spike protein gets made and our immune systems "learn" it. After the second shot, the immune system recognizes and attacks the spike protein vigorously, leading to the symptoms people have.

People I know who had COVID and got the vaccine seem to have a vigorous reaction to the first dose. Likely this is because their bodies recognize the spike protein already.
Thanks @wildcat03 — that is exactly what the video said. It makes sense to me, although I’m no expert. Many thanks!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
PSA. If anyone got the moderna vaccine: dont panic if you have a delayed rash/swelling near the injection site 7-9 days after. It's a known (but rare) side effect. Its harmless, but I was very confused to have itching, swelling, redness, and heat near the injection site 8-9 days later, especially bc I only had soreness in the first day or two (had other flu like symptoms, but no swelling or rash on my arm at first).

If you do experience this, the advice I got was to: call the place where you got the vaccine to report it. This helps them track side effects. Draw a circle around the red/swollen area to make sure it doesnt "grow ". If it does, then go to urgent care (out of caution just in case it's something else). But if it doesnt grow just treat it like any other swelling. Ice, anti itch cream, etc. It should go away within 24-48 hours. About 30 hours after I first noticed the itching mine is much less swollen although still itchy and warm.

Just wanted to let others know, as side effects can sometimes feel really scary if you think you're the only one experiencing them.

Yes, this is what my aunt experienced. They are now calling that "Covid Arm" and it seems that there are quite a number of people who have experienced it with the Moderna vaccine, but I don't believe I've heard of any with the Pfizer one. Wonder what is in the Moderna that is causing such a delayed reaction. My aunt's symptoms appeared 8 days after the first vaccine and lasted over a week. She got her second dose this past Tuesday and I'll let you know if she experiences it again. They did suggest that she get the vaccine in the opposite arm this time

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I'm almost 24 hours after shot two. Low fever (99.5-100.6) on and off all day, very tired, body aches, chills, headache, etc. I finally caved and took two ibuprofen about 30 minutes ago and feel much better. I figured after all that I deserved a break! I'm glad to know my body is doing what it should.

Last edited:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m at 36 hrs and I still feel like s***
off and on chills, severe body aches and headache and fatigue like I’ve never had. MamaBee if you need help for your son make sure you have it for the day after. Expect the worst and hope for the best.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry you are still feeling bad @AprilBaby . Did your Lymph node swell up as bad as it did with the first shot?

@MamaBee , Is there a way your husband could take a vacation day the day after you get the shot? Are you and David going to get the shot on the same day?

@Austina, I was hoping you would be able to get the shot when your husband received his. My mom didn’t have an appointment. She went along with your stepfather to his scheduled appointment and they gave her the shot too.

Ooo I got my first Pfizer shot last week b/c of my job. No symptoms except soreness at the injection site for a day or 2! :dance: But I stupidly scheduled my 2nd shot for the beginning of the work week, so it's gonna suuuck once the symptoms hit.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m glad your Mum was able to get vaccinated too @Calliecake, it would make more sense if households could get vaccinated together.

DH still has no symptoms at all following his shot on Thursday evening.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m at 36 hrs and I still feel like s***
off and on chills, severe body aches and headache and fatigue like I’ve never had. MamaBee if you need help for your son make sure you have it for the day after. Expect the worst and hope for the best.

I’m so sorry you feel so bad @AprilBaby Hopefully you’re past it by now.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sat morning: had a fever for a short time last night. This morning I feel so much better! The aches and pain are pretty much gone. Just the fatigue remains. The lymph node didn’t get as big but it’s still there. So summary: just all day 2 was terrible but hopefully will be worth it! Btw, I had some super weird dreams.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Sat morning: had a fever for a short time last night. This morning I feel so much better! The aches and pain are pretty much gone. Just the fatigue remains. The lymph node didn’t get as big but it’s still there. So summary: just all day 2 was terrible but hopefully will be worth it! Btw, I had some super weird dreams.

I'm glad you're feeling better! It's so funny you mention you had weird dreams as I have been having them too since my second shot. I generally don't remember my dreams, but these have been so weird they wake me up!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Great news @AprilBaby!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of the English peeps on my Bruce forum noticed this after the Pfizer vacine

and as a side note i have rheumatoid arthritis and in the past have had to have rings cut off and i wear my wedding ring round my neck. my wife bought me a ring for our ruby last year and i even had to take that off a few weeks ago before ii got stuck, since having pfizer jab my symptoms in hands have eased dramatically and i can get my ring back on. coincidence perhaps but interesting

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a chart comparing them with what we know now.

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 7.56.57 AM.png

Interesting: People who have a history of dermal filler use may receive the COVID-19 vaccine if they have no other contraindications, although temporary swelling at or near the site of filler injection may occur. No additional precautions are needed, but people with dermal fillers should contact their doctor if they develop swelling at the site of dermal filler following vaccination. Medical treatment, including corticosteroid therapy, may be given to resolve symptoms if swelling occurs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results