shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, dam*it - take a look

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I bought a stone from AJsgems thinking it would match the color of my current Mahenge ring and I could make a pendant out of it. http://www.ajsgem.com/certificate/SPI9202RK

I got it today. It doesn't match so it would be weird to make it a "matching pendant", and it's amazingly beautiful. I can't see any inclusions at all and the color is TDF. Sh*t. What did I do?

poo4.JPG

poo3.JPG

poo2.JPG

poo.JPG

Coco914

Shiny_Rock
Re: Well, dam*it

That really is a beautiful stone, the pink is amazing and it looks very clear...sort of reminds me of a piece of candy. :lickout: If the difference in color would bother you, if worn as a matching pendant, you could always make it a stand-alone piece? Maybe to be worn with something else you own? You could return it too, I suppose...but if I were you, I'd really have a hard time parting with a stone that pretty!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: Well, dam*it

Yeah, I've already decided I can't part with it. It's just too good to be true. I got it for a pretty darned good price too because it was "included" even though I can't see the inclusion at all. If I decide to set it as a ring I'd have to wait a long, long, long time, or I could sell what I have that I love to fund it, but I love that too. Why can't I have 4 hands?

Coco914

Shiny_Rock
If there are inclusions, I wasn't able to see them in your photos. It really is a lovely gemstone... If you have any gems you don't absolutely love or a few rings you seldom wear, you could probably sell them on Ebay or Diamondbisro to finance a new project? When I need some extra money I haul out all my old books or older sterling silver jewelry and throw them out on Ebay.

Four hands and deep pockets!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you look at the link I posted, the magnified picture of this stone makes it look like it has a huge crack in it. I don't see a crack at all. I'm pretty sure I've sold everything I was wiling to part with. Guess I'll have to wait to do something with it. But I'm definitely keeping it.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I don't know that I'd let it bother me overly much. Unless you're going to be holding your hand next to your neck all the time I doubt any one would notice any difference.

It is a lovely stone and I would hold on to it as well.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would be fine. No one would really notice that they are not the same color unless you mention it. As long as you love it, then use it as a pendant.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh what a beautiful color!!!! I'm glad you are not returning it as the color is fantastic. I still love the idea of a pendant that perhaps you can wear independently?

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, now you get to admire two shades of Mahengeness. :D There seems to be quite a bit of variation, so it might be pretty hard to find an exact match for your ring anyway. I think they would still look nice together if you make a pendant with this one.

That's a great looking stone. I actually debated between the exact two that you were mulling over from AJs, literally the day before you started your thread about them. I hemmed and hawed and the other one kept screaming at me. It arrived last week. :naughty:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
NKOTB|1313607820|2992743 said:
Well, now you get to admire two shades of Mahengeness. :D There seems to be quite a bit of variation, so it might be pretty hard to find an exact match for your ring anyway. I think they would still look nice together if you make a pendant with this one.

That's a great looking stone. I actually debated between the exact two that you were mulling over from AJs, literally the day before you started your thread about them. I hemmed and hawed and the other one kept screaming at me. It arrived last week. :naughty:

Are you referring to the ones that had bubble inclusions? This isn't from that parcel, but pictures, please!!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, the one with the bubbles. I just posted a pic in the "Show us your mahenge" thread. Sorry, I thought you/we were originally debating between Bubbles and the one you bought. That one had a similar cut.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
NKOTB|1313610067|2992762 said:
Yes, the one with the bubbles. I just posted a pic in the "Show us your mahenge" thread. Sorry, I thought you/we were originally debating between Bubbles and the one you bought. That one had a similar cut.
They were similarly cut - I thought the same thing, but I am not sure they're the same ones. Maybe they are - off to look now.

Here are some more that I took at lunch. They both glow, that's for sure.

poo7.JPG

poo6.JPG

poo5.JPG

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Bad girl! No more buying.

kt

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous - and I agree with someone above - I think it might be hard for you to find an exact match so I'd just set it into a pendant. If it bothers you, dont' wear both pieces at the same time. Or, you could just make another ring in a totally different look (not a halo, for example) and be able to enjoy your mahenges in different moods. But it's absolutely lovely!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is a stunning stone! Love that color!
:appl:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
On more celll phone shot and then I'm done until I get home and can take SLR pics.

poo8.JPG

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooo I Feel FAINT !!!!
Those are scrumptious Spinels !!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love:

And ditto Kismet.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
If it doesn't match, it MUST go back. to erm... (scrolls up) AJS. yes. Ideally, once you've sent it back, you should post the tracking number here too. So erm, we can Ensure that it has arrived back at AJS safely. Yes. You should. Send it back. So that others can buy it.... :))

Enjoy it in the best of health.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I took some pics with my point and shoot and thought I'd share them.

IMG_7533.JPG

IMG_7539.JPG

IMG_7537.JPG

IMG_7553.JPG

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
and a few more

I'm definitely keeping it - just have to figure out what I'm going to do. :D

IMG_7554.JPG

IMG_7548.JPG

IMG_7552.JPG

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I think you're asking the wrong crowd. If you love the stone, I always vote for keep it :bigsmile:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
pregcurious|1313632934|2993053 said:
I think you're asking the wrong crowd. If you love the stone, I always vote for keep it :bigsmile:
Or am I asking the right crowd ;-)

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!! :love:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a definite KEEPER!! :cheeky: :appl: :love:

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone..can't wait to see it set!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is a wonderful color, and a cut that should suit most settings. In my view, Mahenhes do not need to match unless it is a pair of earrings. The glow, the predicted change of color when you turn,... it may make them match. But of course, they can be worn as separate pieces. What a find!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like the stone so much that I really want to see it all of the time. So either I'm going to sell my current or I will set this one in yellow gold. Either way, it's going to be a while before I get to have it on my hand in a real setting instead of the little pinchy ring thingy.

297087_10150264788273165_615598164_7794194_7716855_n.jpg

IMG_7566.JPG

IMG_7569.JPG

IMG_7573.JPG

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
To me it's a no-brainer KEEP! I love that you have two differently-toned mahenges; that to me is cooler than two that match. :twirl:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Two quotes in for the setting I want. I hope to have the project started for my bday (Halloween)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results