shape
carat
color
clarity

Weird question, but how much should a guy spend on an e ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
I think it depends on the person. My FI, who is 22, makes right at 20k a year (we are both in school full time and this is his job to get him through school). He spent 2,400 on my ring and paid for it in cash.

I do not think he would have bought a ring if he couldn''t have paid for it with cash. That''s just him personally.

Some people don''t mind putting a ring on a credit card or financing it, so maybe they would spend more.

I love my ring though, and it doesn''t matter to me how much he spent on it. I think it''s perfect!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I have weird views on this. It is not measured in dollars, or in months.

It should be not only what he can afford, but something that is not easy to obtain. It should be painful saving for the ring. It should involve some sort of sacrifice on both parts. The man is sacrificing dollars, the lady sacrifices time. It should be well thought out... and with purpose and intent. It should be more than just a piece of jewelry... even though that is all that it is. The sacrifices that are being made, should make both the man and the woman think about what that ring symbolises and if they are ready for the commitment. If they are two wholes making a complete pair.. and not two halves, making a whole.

I guess I''m weird that I instantly pair the eternal bonding of 2 people with pain. But I guess there are hardships with marriage, and I just believe that it isn''t a decision to be taken lightly.

Sorry if it doesn''t come with a $ figure.

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 1:11:43 PM
Author: tlh

It should be not only what he can afford, but something that is not easy to obtain. It should be painful saving for the ring. It should involve some sort of sacrifice on both parts. The man is sacrificing dollars, the lady sacrifices time. It should be well thought out... and with purpose and intent. It should be more than just a piece of jewelry... even though that is all that it is. The sacrifices that are being made, should make both the man and the woman think about what that ring symbolises and if they are ready for the commitment. If they are two wholes making a complete pair.. and not two halves, making a whole.

I guess I''m weird that I instantly pair the eternal bonding of 2 people with pain. But I guess there are hardships with marriage, and I just believe that it isn''t a decision to be taken lightly.

wow very interesting! you put it so well that i have to agree!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 1:11:43 PM
Author: tlh

I really like how you said "if they are two wholes making a complete pair...and not two halves, making a whole"...I think that''s a beautiful statement about what marriage is. Before we meet our SOs, we are whole people, so why should we view ourselves as anything less when we get married? Beautifully said, tlh!

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/10/2009 9:46:43 AM
Author: ckrickett

Date: 8/10/2009 9:34:32 AM
Author: princesss
He should spend what he can pay cash for without compromising his financial stability.

If that''s $5, that''s a great budget. If that''s $50,000, that''s a great budget.

One thing about PS that I love is that while everybody is here because they love diamonds, we all realize they are a luxury, and no luxury is worth going into debt.
+1
36.gif
My SO spent $6,000 cash on my e-ring because that''s what he could afford. It''s not about anyone elses budget because at the end of the day other people are responsible for your bills.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results