shape
carat
color
clarity

weird and silly question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
so i''ve been lurking around the LIW forum for a while, and i still consider myself a newbie so my apologies if this comes across as a dumb question. my question is how do yo know if you''re a LIW? i would love to be added to the list but i''m not sure if i should be considered a LIW or not.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
LIW is usually a lady waiting for a proposal... in the near or far future. If you think that''s where your relationship is heading, then feel free to join
1.gif

35.gif

audball

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 1:41:56 AM
Author: trillionaire
LIW is usually a lady waiting for a proposal... in the near or far future. If you think that''s where your relationship is heading, then feel free to join
1.gif

35.gif

+1 Welcome
35.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
You know you''re a LIW if...

Every time you BF goes down to tie his shoe you think he will whip out a ring...
You spend more hours of your day researching rings and diamonds then you do cooking/cleaning/bathing combined....
Every time one of your friends get engaged you eagerly go home hopping PRAYING that the magic proposal fairy visited your SO to and he is ready to pop the question...
You see a woman with a beautiful engagement ring and you instanly put the ring on your finger (mentally) and prance.

I cant think of anymore....

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 9:22:57 AM
Author: ckrickett

Every time you BF goes down to tie his shoe you think he will whip out a ring...
You spend more hours of your day researching rings and diamonds then you do cooking/cleaning/bathing combined....
Every time one of your friends get engaged you eagerly go home hopping PRAYING that the magic proposal fairy visited your SO to and he is ready to pop the question...
You see a woman with a beautiful engagement ring and you instanly put the ring on your finger (mentally) and prance.

Hahaha.

If you have a hidden folder on your computer with wedding "ideas"
11.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I think you''re a LIW if he told you, in his own way, that he wants to marry you and now you''re waiting for him to pop the question.
1.gif

That''s when I knew anyway.

Welcome
35.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hello vip! That cupcake in your avatar looks so tasty
18.gif
To me, you are a LIW if you are in a relationship where you have disgussed marriage or you KNOW you will be getting engaged somewhere in the future. You don''t have to know when it''s going to happen, just if you know it will!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Well, I think if you''re actively moving towards engagement (not necessarily buying a ring, but have talked about getting married, understand that it''s in your future, and are working towards becoming engaged) then you''re a LIW.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 9:26:39 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Hahaha.

If you have a hidden folder on your computer with wedding ''ideas''
11.gif
Hahaha, love this list! I think most of y''all know I don''t consider myself a LIW yet, so I have a funny non-LIW story.

BF and I were talking last night while I was cleaning the house and I found one of my rings. I wanted to put it in my room, but I had a ton of stuff I knew I was going to need to carry, so I put it on my left ring finger. It felt SO WEIRD. So I told him that, and he looked at me and said, "Good." LOL. I actually had to run and take it off because it was so uncomfortable.

So, vip, if that''s not how you''d react, you''re probably a LIW!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 9:37:54 AM
Author: Bia
I think you''re a LIW if he told you, in his own way, that he wants to marry you and now you''re waiting for him to pop the question.
1.gif
Ditto.

Welcome
35.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Hi there! I think it''s a little different for everyone, for me I became a LIW and added to the list when a setting had been picked and I knew it was going to be made

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
i agree with Bia also,

I know for me, i added myself to list when he said to me" i cant wait to see you in a wedding gown, what do you think you would pick" and than he gave me his thoughts on a gown, also, when he started pointing out rings to me, and one of my rings with MIA....so that was it for me.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock

yup thats it! so funny, but true.

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's largely a self-selecting position
3.gif
For example, I've only been with my boyfriend a few months, but we're super happy, serious about each other, and have discussed the possibility of marriage in the future already. That's good enough for me to jump on the LIW board! Others prefer to wait until they have actively started looking for a ring. It all depends on what you're comfortable with.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 9:26:39 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Hahaha.

If you have a hidden folder on your computer with wedding ''ideas''
11.gif

hahahaha! wow, that is soooo me right now! i seriously can spend all day researching and lurking through PS and i really do have a favorites tab on my browser of all my favorite rings!
36.gif

thanks so much for all the input ladies and i really do appreciate it. see, this is why PS is so great...it''s like a supportive community of people bonded through their love affair of jewelry! i love it!

i guess i should introduce myself a little: my boyfriend and i met when i was 21 in 2001 when we were dating other people at the time, but we grew close as friends. around the end of 2003, he ended up finding me a job at his place and we ended up working in the same office until i left last year. i literallly saw him everyday for 5 years but we never got sick of each other! 2006 was when we started developing feelings for each other and we''ve been together ever since. i''ll have to say that at first, it was a little weird since i always saw him as a friend, but at the same time, the relationship was that much better since we already knew each other so well. if you do the math, we started dating while we were still working together but we were always very professional at work. no one even knew we were dating until after i left. although we always got teased by co-workers that we should just get together already...even before we actually started dating. i guess we''ve always had really great chemistry.
2.gif

in 2008 he bought me this FABULOUS ring (here''s my ''s other thread. anyway, i''ve been trying to educate him on jewelry for a while and we have a deal. whenever he''s studying on PS, i''ll learn to play his video games on Xbox! from the looks of it, he''s progressing! the other night i was showing him this yummy transitional cut diamond ring and he said, "wow, look at the facets...it''s so different from the normal round. wait, i thought you wanted a cushion!". my face was exactly like this -->
23.gif
now if i could just learn to use the stupid Xbox controllers...

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
funny story: i was lurking around theKnot.com looking at wedding dresses (totally not weird right? who doesn''t do this?) but to be able to view them, you have to sign up. so one evening (after a couple of weeks of signing up) BF came home and started sorting through the mail. i was in the kitchen, he called out, "umm...honey? what''s all this?" i look and there''s this pile of fliers and catalogues from local wedding vendors...all addressed to me. at the time i was like "what the...? i didn''t sign up for any of this so i have no idea!" and he gives me the side eye and says, "uh huh...are you trying to tell me that i need to hurry up?". in defiance i said, "uhh...YEAH!". it was a couple of hours later that i figured out where it all came from. he still teases me about whenever we get the mail too. "nothing in the mail today about where we should have our wedding honey!" or "ooo baby, look! if we sign up now we can get a discount on our honeymoon to Aruba!".
20.gif

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like you definitely are a LIW
9.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I just saw your ring thread! I can''t comment on it directly, but it is so pretty!
30.gif

Sunshinegirl77

Rough_Rock
for me, i knew when i would hallucinate the feeling of wearing a ring on my left hand. it is the strangest sensation. at times i have look at my hand and see if there is a ring there..... LOL. in my defence(sorry my spelling is bad today) i have been married before and know the feeling of wearing a ring on that hand..

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 12:58:33 PM
Author: gaby06
Sounds like you definitely are a LIW
9.gif

I agree, if you aren''t on the board already you should jump on! You don''t have to expect an engagement in the next month to be a LIW or anything. I know I''ll be on the list a bit longer since we''re still saving and waiting for the right time in our lives but I still LOVE looking at rings and dreaming and now it will come eventually.

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
Welcome to the world of LIW!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results