shape
carat
color
clarity

Weight Loss

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
263.2 after a less than great lunch/dinner yesterday. (Down 2.4 pounds from Monday so that is good, but still trying to make good choices!) I'm looking forward to seeing the weight loss people in a couple of weeks. Breakfast/lunch is the hardest for me as I am settling inti a new school quarter. Gluten free, dairy free, and reduced rices/grains helps me feel better but makes breakfast/lunch extra challenging especially since I am often out of the house so no refrigerator and no way to heat things. I end up with a rice cake and almond butter or an apple and almond butter or just waiting until I get home for a veggie/egg thing... Unless I don't make it home then I have whatever I can eventually find at a store (usually $$$ and eh quality).

Does anyone have favorite breakfast or lunch options? (Doesn't have to be GF/DF, just thinking I am probably not alone in the struggle for good breakfast and lunch on the go!)

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient, have you tried an RX bar? They’re calorie dense and pretty filling. I eat those for breakfast or lunch with some frequency. Obviously preparing something fresh is healthier but it’s just challenging to keep up with making your own lunch.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient, have you tried an RX bar? They’re calorie dense and pretty filling. I eat those for breakfast or lunch with some frequency. Obviously preparing something fresh is healthier but it’s just challenging to keep up with making your own lunch.

I haven't tried that one. Just looked it up and it definitely looks interesting. I had tried a couple of protein bars that were either horrible tasting or near 600 calories but not filling. I'd love to find an option like this for days I don't manage fresh. Far better than getting hungry and making bad choices.
Added this to my list for the store today. Thanks!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes it's the small things that keep me motivated. I bought this on Amazon to wear during weight training when my mind is saying "you go girl" and my body is saying "oh hellll no"

Fierce.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient, I'm not much help for breakfast on the go since I cook my breakfast every morning but in a pinch I like KIND bars, they have lots of different flavors.

@Matata love your new necklace!

I weighed in half a pound heavier this week. I'm not discouraged though because I just started walking in the treadmill again, last week was mainly focusing on eating healthier. Had to give up Greek yogurt because even though it's plain and low sugar it seems to stall my weight loss. So far the treadmill has been a challenge, I get instep pain in my right foot about halfway through, it does go away and I manage two miles in 40 minutes, not super great but it's better than nothing.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think I should join this thread, I would like to lose a stone by April, which is do-able. I'd like to lose about 20lbs in total because that would take me to the weight I was when I met my fiancé but I will need to be measured for my wedding dress in April. I tried last year, I lost 8lbs (from 182lbs to 174lbs and then hit a plateau). I'm currently 178lbs. My wedding is likely to be in October.

I know that I need to exercise more, I am on my feet all day and my apple watch says that I burn 500-550 calories being at work. I have a water rower and I enjoy yoga. I used to do yoga every day (over the summer when work was less demanding), and row 3 times a week. I need to try to find time to do that, but at the moment I end up coming home from work and working until 9pm.

I also have horse riding lessons on Sundays with my son for an hour, so that's a good amount of activity. My thighs end up sore afterwards anyway. We've only been learning since August. :praise:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Went on a light jog and took a steep hike today. The hike was harder than it should have been! Looking forward to getting out there more often.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Tomorrow starts my seven week “Little Black Dress Challenge” at the new gym. I’m excited and a little scared! I’ll be very happy once the class starts and I’m just sort of thrown in. There’s a really active Facebook group, which helps. Today is meal prep and getting geared up for the week food-wise. The biggest challenge will be following my own meal plan while also cooking for the family. Kids and hubby are good with helping, so as long as I have a plan for them, they’ll do it!

I’ve been very good about drinking water throughout the day. I’ve lost some bloaty-weight this week, but hopefully the scale will continue to move in the right direction! The classes are HIIT and only 35 minutes long! So no excuses for me this time around. :) If I end up liking it there, I will join! They are big on measurements over the scale. One woman posted her own before/after pics and I would have said she lost 30 or 40 pounds. Just 12 pounds, she said! But she changed her body shape with the workouts. I’m going to be her someday (but I’ll need to lost about 30 pounds ultimately, lol).

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But she changed her body shape with the workouts.
This is the result I like the best from dedicated training. I haven't lost weight for 2 weeks, but I've lost inches and I'm down another pants size. Body parts are moving back to the positions they occupied at birth -- such as my butt finally moving north off of the back of my thighs and development of 2-pack abs :mrgreen2: Maybe I'll get to 6-pack abs, maybe not, I'm just happy things are starting to shift. My trainer was taking it easy on me these past 2 weeks to ease my muscles back into shape and I asked him to ramp up the difficulty because I was ready and he complied. So today was leg day, all supersets, and I can barely get up out of a chair without assistance.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Matata That’s what I need to hear right now—success stories! I need to take it easy this week and next, since I’m so out of shape, but I can’t wait to get started. I have my gym bag packed. Ready to report back tomorrow. :dance:

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
F2AB835E-458E-41BC-842C-BE6D8F5201EB.jpeg

Day 1 down! I feel better having that behind me. I will be sore tomorrow! I like the meal plan, it has real food and I don’t feel hungry or deprived.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
F2AB835E-458E-41BC-842C-BE6D8F5201EB.jpeg

Day 1 down! I feel better having that behind me. I will be sore tomorrow! I like the meal plan, it has real food and I don’t feel hungry or deprived.

That looks delicious! Might be a good use for the kale I have in the refrigerator.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
C298D4C9-8DC2-45DD-A82D-50ECF284F747.jpeg

In case anyone is interested! I had to use regular red beets instead of golden due to availability. Kids and hubby loved this, so I will make it again! I added shredded chicken (after I took the pic).

Also including this incredible turkey chili recipe. It ALL got gobbled up and I had to race to the pot to secure a bowl of leftovers for me!

C0CA691C-B069-46A8-9969-8B6045091C59.jpeg
(Prep time was nowhere near 3 hours).

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1/5/19: 265.4
1/16/19: 262.2

Not great progress, but trending the right direction. I had some up days after not being able to exercise most of last week so this is still okay for me. My foot swelling is much better than it had been so I will buy a pair of shoes to wear while walking on the treadmill and see if that helps the pain in my legs. I've been wearing just plain sandals with no support as that is all I have been able to wear for a long time.

Dinners have been great with lots of roasted and raw veggies. Lunch and breakfast has been pretty good too even though I am struggling to find things that are yummy, healthy, filling, and not stuff that I love but makes me sick (wheat, dairy, oats).

My next veggie delivery is tomorrow and I've got some lettuce coming to give lettuce wraps a try for lunch. Looking forward to more (small) changes to get me even healthier!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1/5/19: 265.4
1/16/19: 262.2

Not great progress, but trending the right direction. I had some up days after not being able to exercise most of last week so this is still okay for me. My foot swelling is much better than it had been so I will buy a pair of shoes to wear while walking on the treadmill and see if that helps the pain in my legs. I've been wearing just plain sandals with no support as that is all I have been able to wear for a long time.
:appl::appl:

You're doing great! Do you have access to an elliptical or stationary bike? Those are lower impact on the feet and legs and may help alleviate pain until you are a bit stronger and you still get good calorie burn and cardio workout.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl::appl:

You're doing great! Do you have access to an elliptical or stationary bike? Those are lower impact on the feet and legs and may help alleviate pain until you are a bit stronger and you still get good calorie burn and cardio workout.

Thanks!

I need to have our stationary bike repaired. Something is wrong with the control panel (which ties into the resistance). That could definitely help with the feet! I still need to see if I can get a pair of shoes that fits and isn't $$$. (I do plan to find nice shoes with just the right support once my feet stabilize in size a bit.)

Added the bike repair to my list of stuff for this week so I don't forget!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I googled body fat measurement and tried a few of the links. Results show I'm either at the high end of the acceptable range or a bit over it depending on the method used. I know these aren't dependably accurate but it was still a reality check on this journey to health. Being skinny fat is just as unhealthy as being obese. On the positive side, I'm starting to see some nice muscle definition developing.

Still waiting for my custom meal plan which should be done in a few days. I'm still not consuming enough calories per day to significantly change the fat/muscle ratio. Finding it hard to eat as much as I should after intermittent fasting for 6 months. I'm gradually increasing the amount I eat at meals and it does look as though I'll have to quit fasting altogether to get to goal. I suspect I'll be eating 4 to 6 meals per day based on the questionnaire I completed for my trainer. It's challenging to change my mindset from eating 1-2 meals/day for a total of 400-800 calories/day to potentially 4-6 meals and total calories of around 1200-1700 per day.

I've been ordered to stay off of the scale as I might gain weight as I gain muscle and he doesn't want me freaking out. I'll be ok as long as I lose inches. I agreed to stay off the scale but I will continue to measure and told him he'll have to rip my measuring tape from my cold dead hands :))

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I googled body fat measurement and tried a few of the links. Results show I'm either at the high end of the acceptable range or a bit over it depending on the method used. I know these aren't dependably accurate but it was still a reality check on this journey to health. Being skinny fat is just as unhealthy as being obese. On the positive side, I'm starting to see some nice muscle definition developing.

Still waiting for my custom meal plan which should be done in a few days. I'm still not consuming enough calories per day to significantly change the fat/muscle ratio. Finding it hard to eat as much as I should after intermittent fasting for 6 months. I'm gradually increasing the amount I eat at meals and it does look as though I'll have to quit fasting altogether to get to goal. I suspect I'll be eating 4 to 6 meals per day based on the questionnaire I completed for my trainer. It's challenging to change my mindset from eating 1-2 meals/day for a total of 400-800 calories/day to potentially 4-6 meals and total calories of around 1200-1700 per day.

I've been ordered to stay off of the scale as I might gain weight as I gain muscle and he doesn't want me freaking out. I'll be ok as long as I lose inches. I agreed to stay off the scale but I will continue to measure and told him he'll have to rip my measuring tape from my cold dead hands :))

Muscle definition is awesome! Health is definitely more than a number on a scale. I hope your meal plans are done soon and you adjust well to them.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I gained 3lbs last week (hormones and takeout) and lost 4lbs this week. :praise:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well that is irritating! The nutrition person decided to take the morning off on the day I am scheduled (next week...) and is working the afternoon instead. I have class all afternoon which is why I scheduled morning! So her next possible appointment is out three weeks from there and would mean missing a class (that has no exam schedule posted so I may not be able to miss). Ended up having to push the appointment out a full month.

Oh well.... Keep on going!

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well that is irritating! The nutrition person decided to take the morning off on the day I am scheduled (next week...) and is working the afternoon instead. I have class all afternoon which is why I scheduled morning! So her next possible appointment is out three weeks from there and would mean missing a class (that has no exam schedule posted so I may not be able to miss). Ended up having to push the appointment out a full month.

Oh well.... Keep on going!

That's very annoying!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The nutrition person decided to take the morning off on the day I am scheduled (next week...) and is working the afternoon instead. I have class all afternoon which is why I scheduled morning! So her next possible appointment is out three weeks from there and would mean missing a class (that has no exam schedule posted so I may not be able to miss). Ended up having to push the appointment out a full month.
My trainer and his fiancee, who does nutrition plans for their fitness business, works with people all over the US. He develops individual training programs and she does the nutrition plans. If you are interested in using their services, I can find a way to get their info to you.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My trainer and his fiancee, who does nutrition plans for their fitness business, works with people all over the US. He develops individual training programs and she does the nutrition plans. If you are interested in using their services, I can find a way to get their info to you.

Thank you! I'm going to give these guys a chance as my insurance covers them at 100% but will keep that in mind if they keep up this flakiness.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Checking in & glad to see everyone is still positive & moving the right way :appl:

I am also doing great at my new Gym. I have been 9 times now in 19 days & the improvement on my running distances & rowing times are quite something when I look at my log. I’m really pleased with myself & my waist is also taking shape again, after becoming straight up & down over the last few months. I’m excited that my feet aren’t holding me back, if a little achy for the rest of the day after a visit, but more excited, if i’m honest, that i’ve gone from an exhausting 5 minute row that made my shoulders & arms feel like they were on fire, to a comfy 20 minutes at the same pace with no real fatigue. My body really does surprise me sometimes! As I am a recovering “Health Hypochondriac” I always like to take great pleasure in what my body can do & how amazing it is :)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have my week 1 eating plan. She wants me to eat the same thing each day for a week to see how my body responds (it's nearly 1000 more calories than I've been eating during intermittent fasting), how it affects my energy level and training plan, and how it affects fat/muscle body composition. Total calorie count for the day is 1593. Here it is for those who are curious:

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 2.26.41 PM.png

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Jan 1: 224 pounds (heaviest ever)
Jan 24: 214 pounds

10 pounds down! The first six happened very quickly, and the next few were slower. I’d like to lose 1-2 pounds a week, then slowing to about a half a pound a week once I get closer to my goal weight (185ish, then reassess to see how much more-if any-I’d like to lose).

Workouts are still fun, and the Facebook group is invaluable. It makes all the difference. I’ve been very good with the meal plan! I didn’t think I’d really follow it after the first week, but it’s working well for us! The kids are eating it all, and they’re good at prepping the meals.

I bought a share in the local CSA this week. 24 weeks of fresh produce! I wanted to do something to keep momentum going after this challenge ends at the end of February.

I’m definitely joining the gym, I really like the workouts and how close it is to my house!

It’s called “Little Black Dress Transformation Challenge,” and at the end they will throw a big dinner party at a local hotel. Slide show, awards, speeches by coaches, etc. And $6K in award money will be given out! So I need to shop for a little black dress and find a very inexpensive preloved opera length strand of pearls to wear with it. :lol:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have my week 1 eating plan. She wants me to eat the same thing each day for a week to see how my body responds (it's nearly 1000 more calories than I've been eating during intermittent fasting), how it affects my energy level and training plan, and how it affects fat/muscle body composition. Total calorie count for the day is 1593. Here it is for those who are curious:

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 2.26.41 PM.png

How are you feeling on the meal plan? That is quite the change from what you described as your normal routine! I know the first week is usually most difficult as the body adjusts. Hoping you feel great!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results