shape
carat
color
clarity

weighing size/quality

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Hello pearl people. I need some advice!

I am looking in to wedding pearls, and I think I want a single strand. I have a bunch of pearls, but no white! My favorites are lavender and some multi-colors that came from an exotic sale that PP had.

So, now I am looking at the whites for the first time. I tried on a faux 8mm strand today at the wedding shop, and they looked perfect.

My budget is limited, so my options are:

8-9mm AA+
7-8mm AAA

or...

6.5-7mm Freshadamas.

Any thoughts on how you would weigh the size vs. quality issue? And how much difference the mm sizes make on the neck? All mine are 6-7mm or baroque or fat rice/potato shaped.

Thanks!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you don't have any white pearls in any size range, but your other pearls are around the 6-7mm range, I say go for the 8mm range in the white pearls unless you are use to the more dainty style. If so, then go for the freshadamas as they seem to be very close to akoyas! 6.5mm-7mm Freshadamas are $215 and the akoyas of the same size are $240 at PP however, the akoyas in the 7-7.5mm range are $425 and the 7.5-8mm Freshadamas are $280. Quite a price difference when you jump up to the bigger size........and the Freshadamas are bigger.
1.gif
I say get the 7.5-8mm Freshadamas since someone on this forum said that there was virtually no difference between them and the akoyas in real life!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would go for the 7-8 freshadamas or The Pearl Outlet larger size. PO are more round and my freshadamas are off round but a tiny bit more orient. Would these pearls before everyday or special occasion? Maybe the freshadamas?

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
You might want to check out TPO's daily deal today found here.

Akoya White Pearl Necklace
7.5mm AA+

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys!

Skip, these are the wedding pearls you were so kind to help me with. I am still thinking of copying you almost exactly! If I can stretch my budget far enough. I am thinking it may be worth it!

CCN, I am used to the more dainty sizes, but I think I could get used to some ~8mms pretty fast!
11.gif

Dia, I saw those and contemplated them, but I really am more of a FW gal and feel like I would rather have better FWs than AA+ akoyas.To be honest, I don''t know as much about akoya grading as I would like to. I love the daily deal emails though! Something fun to see in my inbox.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just looked at the daily deal too, but honestly, I would take a chance on the 8+mm Freshadamas. I think they are the perfect size! Just big enough to make a statement and small enough that you can see the orient on them and tell that they are real pearls!!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Miscka if you buy the freshadamas, you must post pictures of them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results