shape
carat
color
clarity

Weigh In (Diamond A vs Diamond B)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Both diamonds look excellent. As far as which one will sparkle more...there is nothing from the information we have to suggest one will sparkle more or less.

If the SI1 is eye-clean and mind-clean for you (some people prefer KNOWING they have a VS, even if they cannot see inclusions in a SI) then I see no reason not to get it. You have to decide whether VS1 vs SI1 is worth $700 to you...some people would say yes, some people would say no. For me personally, I would probably go with the VS1 if it was within budget.

I would definitely put both stones on hold while you are deciding! you can also call WF and ask their opinion.

brianzsmile

Rough_Rock
Thanks slg47,

I was told that the G VS1 was a very good price. The date of the AGS is before March 2011 so the prices haven't been updated yet. the price could go up to $12 000 in the future. So I think it's a good deal. I was just a little worried because the proportions were a little off the exact ideal that www.heartsandarrows.com lists. Girdle isn't 77% and so on, vs the G SI1 that has these proportions.

What are your thoughts on this?

B.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
76% is still in the range. Remember that the ranges listed on the website are only ranges and you still need images/etc to determine if a stone is H&A. The WF stone has a good hearts image, idealscope image, and ASET image. There is nothing about the proportions to suggest that it will not be a gorgeous diamond, but more importantly, the images look great.

The numbers charts are a good guideline, but images tell you more about how the specific angles work together.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
price wise yes the VS1 is a very good price for $700 more than the SI1. I'd go with that one if I'm buying

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I would also go with the VS1 for $700 more. I see that it's reserved now - I hope that means you've put it on hold :bigsmile:

brianzsmile

Rough_Rock
Thanks guyz and girlz!

I actually just realized that I get an additional discount through pricescope!! The diamond will be $10,408 now. :D :D

Yes, I reserved it and will be buying it later today. I'll post pictures once the custom setting is done and the ring complete.

B. :)

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
brianzsmile|1316708372|3022973 said:
Thanks guyz and girlz!

I actually just realized that I get an additional discount through pricescope!! The diamond will be $10,408 now. :D :D

Yes, I reserved it and will be buying it later today. I'll post pictures once the custom setting is done and the ring complete.

B. :)

will be $10,086 if you wire the money too~ hope to see the ring soon. :Up_to_something:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results