shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 7th April till 13th April

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
SomethingShiny, What was the pirate movie rated? ARRRR for too much BOOTY! Heh. I love pirate jokes. I hope you have fun on your date! The picture of the deer in rut sounds positively scandalous.
6.gif
I think you need to post a picture of your new LBD instead! As far as the sugar, I wouldn't worry so much about cutting that out as I would cut out high fructose corn syrup! That stuff is HORRIBLE for you. It's in a lot of stuff, but you can find things without it if you're careful. For example, getting natural peanut butter rather than Jiff or whatever and trying to make more food from scratch rather than eating processed stuff. Also, yay on giving up diet soda! Have you thought about switching to iced tea (self-sweetened with cane sugar at first, then cutting down on the sugar as you get used to the tea)? I think that's way easier than switching to plain water straight away.

Bee sorry bootcamp was so tough last night--must have been a great workout!

Welcome home, Kimberly! I'm glad you're enjoying your student teaching, even if it feels really hard sometimes. I'm sure you're great at it, in any case!

CJ, rather than splurging on specific days, I try to build in splurges when they come up. So I'll eat really healthy for a couple days afterward or beforehand, or do extra exercise to burn off the calories. I love Thai food--I don't blame you for splurging on it!

Rod, I'm glad your interview went well, regardless of whether you decide to take the job or not. Good luck with winning the lottery--that would be nice, wouldn't it?

Marcy, I'm glad I'm makeing you smile! Have fun shopping with your gfs this weekend. None of my female friends live in town, so if I ever want to go to the mall (which is rarely, thankfully), I have to go by myself or drag Kris. I want to go try on some shoes this weekend and I think it's going to be all by my lonesome. Oh well
3.gif

I'm going to take my parents' dogs for a walk today since they're out of town, so that should be some good exercise. Hope everyone's having a good Friday!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Off topic, but LadyPirate, it would be great if one of the photoshop wizards could add a gold earring, pirate hat and an eyepatch to your '' yarring'' kitty!
30.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2008 1:29:32 PM
Author: Lorelei
Off topic, but LadyPirate, it would be great if one of the photoshop wizards could add a gold earring, pirate hat and an eyepatch to your '' yarring'' kitty!
30.gif

How''s that, Lorelei? I didn''t want to do the patch because I think the squinty eye is so cute!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2008 1:50:03 PM
Author: ladypirate

Date: 4/11/2008 1:29:32 PM
Author: Lorelei
Off topic, but LadyPirate, it would be great if one of the photoshop wizards could add a gold earring, pirate hat and an eyepatch to your ' yarring' kitty!
30.gif

How's that, Lorelei? I didn't want to do the patch because I think the squinty eye is so cute!
OMG - THATS PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hello wwt! just a quick drive-by to check on everyone. i''m doing well, i switched my breakfast back to bran muffins and it has helped so much. i feel much more in control of my appetite than i did earlier this week. i guess my body just needs the fiber load first thing!

west african dance was fabulous last night, as usual. today is a day off since i am going to a dinner party. i am going to try and not overdo it with the food or wine - especially since there will be homemade mac and cheese which is totally a weakness of mine. my eating has been really good for the past few days and i''d like to keep it up so that i can (hopefully) get rid of these pesky extra pounds.

have a great weekend!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all; nothing to exciting to report today, just lots of work to do. I saw this article and thought I would post in on eating out at restaurants
http://health.yahoo.com/experts/eatthis/139/the-20-worst-foods-in-america/ I agree there is probably one healthy thing at Macaroni Grill which is very very scary if you look online at the nutrition info on their dishes.
32.gif

Thank you all for the sweet Kudos; that means a lot to me!!!
face23.gif
Everyone sounds pretty good so I wish everyone a wonderful and warm weekend.
35.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone
35.gif

Nothing much to report here either!!! It was beautiful here to day, nice and warm. The boys and I, along with Miss Mazie, went for a walk then came home and had lunch. The two rascals conned me into letting them put their feet into the pool. They said the water was warm to go swimming in. Oh sure right, 65degrees. I don''t think so boys, not yet anyway HA!! They had fun putting their toy boats on the first step of the pool and just playing. Soon they feet in the pool, turned into splashing, time to come out.
9.gif

We played catch in the backyard for awhile. I made some lemonade, it was so yummmmmmmmmy.

Tomorrow we are headed over to see my mom. She is having surgery on Monday and I want to spend some time with her before then.

Have a great weekend all.

Linda Oh I almost forgot: SKIPPY: yay for losing 2.2 pounds!!!!!
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi.
35.gif
I am sooooo glad that Friday is finally here. I am hoping to have a very quiet weekend. My husband is leaving on a business trip for a few days. I am going to meet a friend for breakfast this weekend and do some shopping.
The snow did not melt all the way today because we had a very cold wind but they say we’ll be in the 70’s next week. I can hardly wait.
Ladypirate, now your new avatar is making me really crack up. I love it.
9.gif
You need to add a big old diamond somewhere. I’d go shopping with you; have fun finding some shoes.
Shortblonde, that’s great your bran muffin breakfast seems to help. Have fun at your dinner party.
Skippy, thanks for the great article.
Linda, it sounds like you had a great day with the grandkids and Mazie. Sorry to hear your mom is having surgery on Monday. My best wishes are coming your way for her.
Well, take care and have a great weekend.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday All!

We had a nice, normal (for us these days anyway) day. It was just the most beautiful day weather wise. We had breakfast on the terrace (sorry no cruise ship to photograph yet Skipp), then lunch at home, followed by car washes, Sbucks under the oak, a really terrific workout, Sushi, FroYo and another cup of coffee under the oak. It was such a beautiful evening in Tampa. We drove my car and had the top down the entire time. I concentrated on my sore shoulders at the gym and like other times I''ve had sore muscles, working on the sore muscles makes them feel so much better. I was enjoying my elliptical run so much that I added another 4 minutes so after almost 2 hours of core training and weights, I then did a very intense 40 minutes on the elliptical. I had all this energy, but I''m not sure where it came from to be honest. I spoke with the company I interviewed with yesterday and he did everything he could to discourage me from considering the job. He''s just convinced that some higher level job will come along at some point and I''d leave them. Maybe he''s right and I just need to continue looking for something more appropriate. At least it didn''t really bother me.

Since we worked out today, which is usually a day of rest, we''re taking tomorrow off. We haven''t had a Saturday off from the gym in months and months. We''re thinking of maybe going to a movie instead. Otherwise, we don''t have anything special planned for tomorrow. We will certainly be back in the gym on Sunday.

LP, the Avatar is getting cuter and cuter. I''m glad you added Lorelei''s earring suggestion! Thanks for the luck on winning the lottery. We do play as I figure someone''s going to win, so why not us??!!

Oh my......6 inches of snow Marcy?? Are you sure you don''t live in Alaska? It sounds like it will get warmer for you next week! You probably live in one of those climates that goes directly from winter to summer with a very short spring? I hope your knee''s feeling better today.

Hey SB, fiber is a great appetite controller. Glad you''re doing better with your bran muffins - Yumm! I hope you let your guard down enough to enjoy the things you really like at tonight''s dinner party!

Thanks for that link Skippy! You have a warm a lovely weekend yourself!!

I''m glad the weather''s been so nice for you and the boys Linda! I''ll be thinking of you and your mother on Monday and I hope everything goes well with her surgery.

I guess that about does it for me. I hope you all had a great start to your weekend and the rest of your weekend is fun and healthy!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am glad you had such a great workout today. I need to get my car washed this weekend. I feel like I live in Alaska this year. We actually have days where we experience all 4 seasons – more often than I’d like. This has truly been one of the coldest winters and springs I can remember. I think that’s a great compliment to you that the guy thinks so highly of he you knows he’d eventually loose you to a higher level job. I always go with my “gut” feelings when I don’t know what to do. My knee was better today but I’m waiting to walk on the treadmill till tomorrow.

Take care and I hope everyone has sweet dreams. I know I will I just read through Mara’s cupcake thread.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey WWTr''s...just checking in here after sort of a weird week...it''s been raining here since Tuesday and we haven''t been able to get out much (doggies don''t like wet coats, ha). DH was supposed to have a 2nd interview on thurs. with a company he is very interested in, then the guy moved the interview back to yesterday...while DH was en route to the interview yesterday the guy called and said he needed to push it back to 4 p.m. or Monday. DH took the latter option, as chicago traffic on friday would''ve been horrible (yes, he knows he should do anything and everything at this point, but really...) He got home earlier than I expected him and he was just (for lack of a better word) devastated. He is pouring his heart and soul into his job search, as am I, and to hear that he''d been pushed off yet again was just PANTS! So, we talked about it a bit, he went and changed into jogging pants and a tee, and we went for a walk without the dogs to talk about things in the drizzling rain...we tried to cheer each other up, it was a sad afternoon. But of course we aren''t feeling sorry for ourselves, it may well be that something very positive will happen for him on Monday. He got such great feedback on his first interview and was fully expecting/anticipating an offer of employment today, it just took the wind out of both our sails when this turn of events happened. I made dinner tonight and we went to Blockbuster to rent some comedies to take the edge off of our troubles.

I revised my resume this week with the help of some very good friends. It needed to be done, and I have already posted the new version on several of the job sites. It was a rejuvenating experience.
2.gif

Sorry I haven''t kept up with the thread as well as I''d like to...just know that I read it religiously every day and like Santa, I know what you are all up to! Ha! You''re all on my "nice" list. Seriously, though, you are all doing great.

Tomorrow we plan to have an easy day and just be lazy since it is predicted to be cold and rainy/snowy. I may not report back until Monday...hopefully sooner, though. Take care, everyone.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning everyone
35.gif
I''m just off on my way to an hour of step aerobics and an hour of normal aerobics-still half asleep though but I know that I''ll be wide awake after doing those classes!

Crown-I have a splurge night every Tuesday. I have my WW meeting that evening and then I do an hour of bootcamp and then I have my treat. It kind of varies each week. Some weeks I have a take-away, others I some cheese and some crisps or something like that. It keeps me on track as if I really want something bad, I just tell myself that I can have it on Tuesday and it stops me gorging during the week.

Rod- That''s definitely something to think about though with the job. Best of luck with your decision. Enjoy your Saturday off from the gym.

Marcy-can''t believe that you got so much snow! Enjoy the shopping this weekend!

ladypirate-hope you enjoyed your walk with the dogs.

Hi to everyone else
35.gif

Talk to you all later!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday! I started the day off great - I lost another pound. Yippee.

Monnie, I am so sorry that happened to your husband. Lots of best luck wishes are coming his way for Monday.

Bee, good plan to have a treat night after WW. I''ll believe we are done with snow the first week of June.
1.gif

Have a great day!
35.gif

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning Everyone!

It's a lazy morning here. We sat on the terrace and had our scone, coffee and bowl of fresh fruit and read the paper. It's a glorious day in Tampa. They say that a cold front it coming through tonight and we're going to return to winter weather. Well, winter weather Tampa style, which is to day the highs on Monday and Tuesday aren't expected to get higher than the mid-60's, which for us is cold. And it may dip into the 40's at night.......Brrrrrrrrr. Otherwise, nothing much planned for the day. No gym workout as we need a day off, so we'll probably just have lunch at our Saturday deli, coffee under the oak, then I'm not sure what else. Charlie needs a new shirt for interviewing, so we'll probably head to Macy's at some poiint.

Monnie, your post really hit home. Job hunting is such an emotional roller-coaster at it's best and can be just devastating at it's worst. Please let Mr. Monnie know I'm rooting really hard for him and I hope the delay in the interview is nothing more than just circumstance and there's a great offer waiting for him. Glad you got your new resume posted and here's hoping it helps open more doors for you!! It's a shame we are so far from each other. Since we're all going through the same thing, we could help cheer each other up.

I'll check in later. Have a great Saturday everyone!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys. We are back from our trip to Atlanta. We had lots of fun. Now it is back to the routine. I had a great workout today at the gym...I did 45 min. on the elliptical on the interval program which was very tough and burned over 400 cals. I also did some stregth training and am really feeling it since I have left weights off for a while and am trying to get back into it. Anyway, Adam and I had a fun day yesterday. We had his aunt watch Andrew while we had a date at a nice resturant with an outdoor area which was fun since it was beautiful. I had fish and chips, but took most of the breading off. Then we saw the movie 21, which was pretty good and got us in the Vegas mood since we are planning a trip there for my big 30th bday in Nov. Today we are going over to Costco to pick up some things. I am going to be looking for some seafood to make tonight. Anyway, hope everyone is doing well. I have skimmed, but need to go back and catch up on all that I''ve missed! Everyone have a great weekend!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all; hubby and I are going to ride bikes and go somewhere fun for lunch. Everyone sounds great! Thanks for all the sweet kudos; you all Rock!!!

Sending good vibes to your hubby on Monday Monnie, hey Rod stay warm and I wish you would come out here for a visit, Steph glad you are back, Marcy whooo hoooo to your 1lb loss, Bee have a great time at the gym, LadyP, SS, Apple, and others howdy!

Have a great day all.
9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband left for his business trip. We got up early so I’m pretty sleepy right now.
I went shopping for awhile this morning. One of the jewelry stores in the mall had a emerald cut tanzanite ring that was pretty. I didn’t buy it but I did enjoy trying it one for awhile.
Rod, sorry to hear Tampa has a cold front moving in. Too funny your low temperatures will be what we’ve had for our highs. Have fun shopping at Macy’s.
Steph, I am sure you are happy to be home. How nice you and your husband got to have a date.
Skippy, I bet you guys had a great time riding the bikes today. I thought of walking in the park but the wind here is awful today.
Take care.
Marcy

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening all! Aerobics and Stepaerobics were brilliant today. Thoroughly enjoyed them both. Does anyone else find that the more exercise they do, the less tired they are? I used to love having a doze in the afternoon on the days that I''m off but I can''t doze anymore. I''m wide awake
1.gif

Marcy-that''s amazing that you lost another pound!
36.gif
36.gif
We have tons of snow on the mountains beside my house today also-it''s such odd weather at the moment. That ring sounds beautiful!

Have a good Saturday Rod-have fun at Macys-I wish this store was in Ireland.

Steph-glad you had a great time in Atlanta. That''s great that you''re back into the routine so quick. It normally takes me ages to get back to the gym after a holiday.

Skippy-enjoy your bike ride and lunch.

I''m off to do a bit more study. Talk to you all tomorrow. Night!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bee, that''s great you had some terrific workouts this morning. I bet the snow on the nearby mountains is pretty.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey all! i have been lurking and reading but not really checking in...just too busy as i hardly check PS anymore right now, too much going on. but i wanted to just say hiii and it sounds like everyone is doing fab! i am keeping up with my schedule and workouts, i did an hour of zumba today and an hour of pilates, i feel like a rubber band!!!! but my flexibility is SO much more fabulous, i just love it.

tomorrow we head off for a vacation in palm springs which we are super excited about...just 3-4 days while greg is between jobs...it''s not the best schedule wise for me as i am in vegas the entire following week for work but we had to grab the opportunity while we could. also the gym in PS has a pilates reformer so i am super excited about using some of my newfound knowledge on it myself...and spending an hour or two on the machine each day. yay.

anyhow, hope all are doing well...and keeping up with it all, and enjoying your weekend!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t so good exercise and foodwise the last few days, but today was finally productive. DH and I got up early and did some work in the yard, then we went to Lowe''s and bought some double impatients and planted them in the front yard. I also watered everything (so ready for our sprinkler system to get repaired). Then I had a nice nap, followed by a 2.5 mile walk with DH.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, have a great time on your mini vacation.
Appletini, yay for a nice nap and a long walk with your husband today.
I''ve been watching movies all night - how fun. I get to run the TV while my husband is gone.
1.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone. It is 3:30 in the morning here and I can''t sleep at all. I just kept tossing and turning, so I finally just got out of bed. I woke up and now I can only think about 1 thing....I am really worried about this place on my leg that I''ve had for a while now. It appeared about a year ago and I didn''t really think anything about it, but I''ve been concerned since it hasn''t gone away. I planned to see a dermatologist when we were at our old house, then all my focus went to our move. Now I thought about it again, and started doing some research and all signs point to this place being a type of skin cancer. I am going to call first thing Monday morning to try to get an appointment asap, but I am really scared since it has been there for so long. Adam had an uncle pass away a few years ago from skin cancer, so all I can think about is what if that happened to me and I leave my little Andrew behind. Adam says I can''t sit here and worry about it before I even go in to the doctor, but I can''t help it. Anyway, thanks for letting me talk about it here. I hope everyone has a great Sunday. I''m going to try to go back to sleep now.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/13/2008 3:35:59 AM
Author: steph72276
Hello everyone. It is 3:30 in the morning here and I can''t sleep at all. I just kept tossing and turning, so I finally just got out of bed. I woke up and now I can only think about 1 thing....I am really worried about this place on my leg that I''ve had for a while now. It appeared about a year ago and I didn''t really think anything about it, but I''ve been concerned since it hasn''t gone away. I planned to see a dermatologist when we were at our old house, then all my focus went to our move. Now I thought about it again, and started doing some research and all signs point to this place being a type of skin cancer. I am going to call first thing Monday morning to try to get an appointment asap, but I am really scared since it has been there for so long. Adam had an uncle pass away a few years ago from skin cancer, so all I can think about is what if that happened to me and I leave my little Andrew behind. Adam says I can''t sit here and worry about it before I even go in to the doctor, but I can''t help it. Anyway, thanks for letting me talk about it here. I hope everyone has a great Sunday. I''m going to try to go back to sleep now.
Steph, hang in there. I have known someone with some funky looking places / moles, they were tested and removed but they were fine.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Lorelei, I am hoping that will be the case
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/13/2008 4:33:50 AM
Thank you Lorelei, I am hoping that will be the case
1.gif
No worries Steph!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/13/2008 3:35:59 AM
Steph - I don''t think you were around for my trauma/drama last July where they sliced and diced me like a Thanksgiving Turkey and the spot they ultimately removed turned out to be nothing. Absolutely nothing. I know it''s impossible not to worry, but don''t get TOO worked up if you can help it. And *stay*off*of*the*evil*internet*. You can diagnose yourself into any crazy thing if you look hard enough. Back away from the computer... !

Anyway, hello all! Just a quick check in before I bolt off to my 10:00 am inspection. No excersie lately but I''m trying to eat better, especially since the HH is out of town yet again (visiting his parents in Boston, combined with a business trip there).

And Hang in there Monnie and Mr. Monnie and Rod and Charlie. The RIGHT things will come along!!

Happy Sunday everyone!
35.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the words of encouragement DeeJay. That is exactly what my hubby says...stop looking things up on the internet b/c it will make you think you have every disease out there! I am glad yours turned out to be nothing and hope mine does too. Thanks!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi All, the weather is much nicer today; it is suppose to reach 70. It says it is suppose to dip into the mid 60's on Thurs; I am hoping they are wrong. hehe

Last night hubby got a call to go to party for some friends (he totally spaced it and never told me); he asked if I wanted to go and I was like no I am in relaxed clothes and my hair was not washed. It was nice having the evening to myself since I was in the middle of sewing.
27.gif
Something happened to the machine; I tried taking out the thread and cleaning it but the thread bunches on the bottom of the material so the instructor will help me; I am caught up to where I should be though.

Hubby and I are going to eat a quick lunch and then go for a bike ride. Have a great day all
35.gif

Rod, DHW tonight, whooo hoooo! Enjoy dinner or lunch on the terrance. Your weather sounds good.

Steph, good idea going to the dermatologist.

Lady, love the avie even more. hehe

Hey Shortblonde glad you are enjoying your dance!

Hey Linda, yum to homemade lemonade. You have a pool, you lucky duck. . . when can I come swimming?? hehe

Marcy, enjoy your alone time; I keep teasing hubby "when are you leaving town again?"
11.gif
2.gif

Hey Monnie!

Bee, glad step was awesome! No, when I do too many classes back to back I am more worn out and hungry; glad you are the opposite.

Mara, have a great trip!!!

Apple, yay for the awesome walk!

Hey DeeJay, we miss you!!! How are the dogs? Yay for eating healthy!!!

Hey Lorelei!

Monnie sending PS dust
emhot.gif
to your hubby and you and to you Rod and Charlie!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

I haven''t checked in as I haven''t had anything good to report. I did workout this morning, it felt great. It wasn''t the longest or hardest workout I''ve ever done, but it was exercise nonetheless. Otherwise it''s been all about school and trying to get in some leisurely reading before tomorrow (back to the classroom).

My weight is good. I gained a few lbs. after our trip but as of this morning I''m 124.6. Not to bad for only being home a few days.

We''re going to the movies this afternoon, and then out to dinner, somewhere.

DeeJay, I miss you!

Steph, stay away from the internet and get thee to a doctor sooner rather than later to ease your mind.

Rod and Monnie, continuing to send job finding vibes your way. Monnie, I''m so sorry about DHs let down.

LP, what did you and Kris do for his big day, yesterday?

Mara, have a great vacation in PS. It was in the 90s at my house yesterday, so I can imagine it''s going to be HOT!

Have a gerat day all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results