shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 7th April till 13th April

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo thanks Skips! It''s hard to find frozen dinners that are free of chemicals, tasty, and healthy. Sigh. I guess it''s not as bad as a big Mac!

Actually I found out that they make a similar "dish" with tofu instead of the cheese. Maybe that''ll cut down on some of the fat.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I''m a little sore from my PT yesterday, so I''m definitely benefiting from it. Today I went to the step class, and wow I am so uncordinated, but I did work up a good sweat.

Also I tried something new for lunch today, one of the Kashi frozen lean cuisine type dinners. I usually don''t eat stuff like that, but I did get a few for days when I dont have anything on hand.

I''m planning to walk tonight when I get home--weather permitting.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hello wwt! not too much new to report here, still eating mostly healthy, still exercising. biking yesterday, elliptical today, dance class tomorrow. (i can''t remember who asked me what kind of dance i''m doing, it''s west african).

still struggling to get off the couple pounds that crept back on over the past few months. sigh. keep on keeping on! i have had major munchies the past few days and i think it''s because i switched my breakfast, so i''m going to go back to the old standby and see if that helps.

have a good one!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........

We're having a lazy day in sunny Florida. Sleep was disrupted at 5:00 AM by a smoke detector which decided it needed a new battery. So, I had to get up and replace a battery at that yucky hour. I had difficulty going back to sleep. And poor Sakai was spooked by the loud chirp, smoke detectors make when they so rudely announce the need for battery replacement. When I got up, I replaced the batteries in all the smoke detectors. Our realtor called this morning and gave us some almost good news. The people who looked at our place Monday morning have decided our place is their number 1 choice. But, there's always a but, which is they would be buying our place for their two daughters, one of which is alread in law school and they are waiting to hear if the other daughter is accepted at the same law school. If she is, they will buy our place, but we won't know for a couple weeks. Still, it's nice to know that of all the places they saw, ours was the one they would select. Otherwise, not much else happening today. I have an interview tomorrow, but it's with a company I'm not too interested in for a position I'm not overly excited about. I'll go because I don't have too many options at the moment, but won't accept a job just for the sake of becoming employed again. No gym for us today. I'm not even sure we're going to go for the walk I mentioned. Maybe just a total day of rest from fitness is in order.

CJ, I think that frozen entree has a bit too much fat. If you compare the total fat and saturated fat to something like a Lean Cuisine, it's really really high. The calorie count isn't bad though. And I don't think I'd worry too much over one meal. I wouldn't eat them too often though.

Marcy, I'm glad you didn't buy a $15,000 bottle of vodka, Faberge Egg or not!! Do you watch Gems TV? I often watch it for a few minutes after the news and they have some incredible values.

Glad your PT session made you a bit sore Apple!! It definitely means you're benefiting from it!!

Sounds like you're still doing great SB!!

Hope everyone's having a great day!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening all. Just back in from another mexican dinner-so so full. We went to a different restaurant tonight and it was delicious. I''m addicted to nachos
18.gif
Back to my normal diet tomorrow.

Thank you Skippy! I''m thrilled about the 13 lbs also.I hope that your friends get their child.

ladypirate-congrats on the weight loss! That''s brilliant news!

Appletini-you''re doing so much exercise-well done on keeping it all up!

Marcy-glad to hear they all noticed and complimented your weight loss. You deserve all those compliments!

Rod-glad to hear the trainer noticed a difference-that''s brilliant that he came over and told you.Raffles is such a wagon-D''s scared of horses too and Raffles totally preys on him. It''s hilarious to watch.

Hope everyone had a good day. Night!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good afternoon friends!!! Well, last night was nice; we went to this mexican restaurant and I had a plan
34.gif
on what to order. I had a chicken breast w/out skin, black beans 1/2 cup and 1/2 cup white rice and 3 corn tortillas instead of (flour) and 3 tortilla chips. Then after dinner we walked over to the Gelato place and I ordered the childs Sorbet. hehe
2.gif
16.gif
I felt proud because I have been making some really good food choices and even today when I met friends at the salad buffet place I had a small low fat blueberry muffin, veggie soup and salad w/oil and vinegar and no seconds; I also checked the nutrition info online before hand. hehe

Well I went to PT and they want my knees to get stronger so no more walking for awhile and more bike riding or the elliptical only (I am bad at swimming). Also core everyday and no squats and no luges; I guess I better do what I am told. hehe I might sneak in one very short walk once in awhile. Oh boy is it raining today; I could tell it was going to rain as I tend to get tension headaches. hehe
40.gif
Well everyone have a terrific evening
35.gif

Rod, well I hope the both daughters want the house; I bet they will love it; sending lots of PS selling dust and for the interview to lead to something goooood!
wiz1.gif
Darn, smoke alarm; sweet dreams honey!!! Rod, you are cracking me up w/Larry tcg!!! hehe

CrownJewel, glad you are back, I totally missed you! Hope to see you more often; you always have such happy go lucky posts that make me smile!

Apple, whoo hoo for being sore. Which Kashi dinner do you like? I like the pizza and a big salad and split it w/hubby. I have not tried the other items.

SB, hope the snackiness goes away, what about a clear soup broth?

Bee, thanks for always cheering me on fellow WW; yay for the 13lbs. . . hope to hit that in the next month. I weigh in tomorrow so I will keep you posted; you totally keep me motivated. hehe

Kimi, glad you are having a good time!!! What is the weather like out there?

Marcy, you are too adorable; your commentary cracked me up about the eggs. hehe Hey buy me one of those eggs while you are at it. hehe Yay for inspiring people at work!

Linda, I knew your ears would perk up w/ the Larry the Cable guy when I saw Rod's post.
27.gif
hehe I have seen him but not watched; I will have to check him out next time. You are not old; I was just complimenting you for all the fun things you do w/the kiddos. You rock!

SS, how was yoga??? How is your son? I missed you!!!

Hey Mara and Lorelei!!!! Hope you all are having fantastic workouts!!!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Hi all! Made it out to the other side of town today to meet Kris for lunch and to try our FroYo place! I thought it was a pinkberry but turns out it''s a local place called Berrylicious. We split a large original flavor with strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries. Yum! Other than that, today has been running errands and cleaning house. I have to go into work this evening for a few hours, though. To borrow a phrase from Marcy--Rats!

Welcome back, CJ! Are you still in the midst of wedding planning? How''s that going?

Rod, congrats on filling out those t-shirt sleeves--I bet you''re turning some heads.
31.gif
Congrats on those people being interested in your condo!

Hi Linda!

Marcy, lol about the vodka! I don''t understand how some alcohol can get so expensive. One of these days I''d love to try Chateau Margaux, but it''s over $1000 for a bottle of wine (in FUTURES!). Ouch. Can''t justify that one until I''m a millionaire.
3.gif

Kimberly, thanks so much for the well-wishes for Kris! We''re both really glad that he''s healthy. Your dinner sounds amazing!

Have fun on your walk, Appletini!

Shortblonde, good luck getting rid of those couple of pounds! I''m sure you''ll lose them in no time.

Bee, I don''t blame you--nachos are delicious! I had mexican food for lunch today and enjoyed every bite of it!

Skippy, I''m sorry you can''t walk too much right now, but it''s a good thing you got your new bike! Your dinner last night sounds tasty--I love gelato.

Have a great evening, all! I''m going to go make some squash risotto for dinner.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I eneded up not walking today, and came home and vegged with a little nap, haven''t done that in awhile. DH worked late so when he gets home in a few min we are going to out for dinner instead of cooking as planned.

Skippy, I had the chicken pasta pomodoro kashi, its the first one I''ve tried. I think like is a strong word, but for a frozen entree its better than expected. I love to cook from scratch, so I''m always skeptical of anything from a box, but I would get it again if I had to.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone
35.gif

Today it was really nice out. The little ones and I went for a walk, before riding our bikes. AGAIN, they told me, that I am too slow, ha ha ha ha ha.

Skippy: Larry the Cable Guy really makes Rick and I laugh. He can be raw, but he is funny. He almost made me wet my pants once, ha ha ha ha.
23.gif

Hi LP: Your FroYo sounds delicious. I wish they would open one here. I would live there probably.

Rod: How exciting people are interested in your house for their daughters (lucky daughter''s) Hope it works out. Sorry you had trouble going back to sleep. I hate when that happens. Rick wakes me up at times with his snoring. Geez, he sounds like a chainsaw. I have learned to wear ear plugs every night.
9.gif

Bee: Yay ON LOSING 13 POUNDS. You go young lady.

I''ll check back later

Linda

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello, all!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

I used everything I could find to remove the nail polish. I started with fingernail polish remover and lots of dabbing. That was worthless. I got online and found some home remedies which included but are not limited to: shaving cream, vinegar, Windex, hairspray, rubbing alcohol, goo-gone, carb. cleaner, and degreaser. After several attempts over a 2 hour period with some of everything above, I now have a faint blue mark, but it''s pretty much gone. Which one did it? None of them individually, and because I mixed so many, I really don''t know what the cure was.

Skippy~ You''re so sweet. I didn''t mean to worry you. Things are getting better. It will take a while for some things to work out, but I''ve got time, right?? JT is wonderful, he''s got terrible allergies right now, but other than that he''s a happy, pants-off, peeing in the house, blue nail polish spilling, snotty faced, coloring on walls, fantastic 2 year old! Yoga is so needed right about now.

sorry for the quick post, I hope all is going well. Hopefully, I''ll get a few minutes to catch up tomorrow.

Oh, and I took this picture on the way home from my mom''s tonight. This is a few miles from my house. There are many nights when I can count 60+ deer in a ten mile stretch of road outside of town. This pic shows ten (out of 20+ in that area), but it''s a good indication of how they line up at the timber line. Just thought some of you might enjoy it. Hope you can see it....

deer1ss.jpg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........

We had nice dinner at home, then we went downtown to see where I''d be interviewing tomorrow. It''s a whopping 3.4 miles from our condo........LOL And while I was driving a company called Charlie and he''s interviewing downtown tomorrow morning too. Actually, our interviews are about 2 hours apart, so we''ll go at different times. His interview is just preliminary. They don''t have a specific job for him, so it''s just an opportunity for him to interview, which he hasn''t done in over 16 years. Then we headed for Sbucks and sat under the oak. It was just a glorious evening in Tampa. Breezy, warm, but not humid or uncomfortable in any way. Just perfect. We came home and watched Idol''s Gives Back. Such a touching and inspiring show. It certainly makes one realize how incredibly lucky we are to live the terrific lives we live and how fortunate we are to live in clean homes and have healthy food and be healthy ourselves. Job or no job, I won''t forget that I am indeed a truly lucky person to have such a terrific life.

Glad you enjoyed your dinner bee* I''m not a huge fan of Mexican food, but do enjoy nacho''s occassionally.

Thanks Skippy. Can you imagine the money this family must have? To us, our home is about as good as it gets. If we could stay here forever, we would. So, to think these parents would be buying an over $1 Million condo for their daughters while they''re in school is simply amazing. But, I''m hoping and praying they do!

I''m glad you got to enjoy some FroYo LP!! Sorry about having to go to work tonight..........

Nothing wrong with a Veg day Apple! I hope you enjoyed your dinner out tonight too!

Thanks Linda. Yes, lucky daughter''s indeed! Glad you and the little ones got to be outside, walking and riding bikes.

STS, thanks for the pic of the Deer in the woods. I''m originally from Maryland, where there''s actually an overpopulation of Deer. They are such beautiful animals. Sounds like it was quite the project coming up with a way to get most of the nail polish out of the carpet. I laughed out load over the description of your 2 year old JT!!

Since I have an interview in the early afternoon, I will go to the gym once that''s over, so I will check in tomorrow night.

Sweet Dreams everyone.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you had a great day. It’s snowing here now. They are expecting about 8 inches of snow. It’s nice big flakes. It’s so pretty.
I made some chicken nuggets for supper. They weren’t my best probably because I really skimped on the oil trying to keep them low cal. I was going to cook the chicken on the grill but decided to make nuggets instead since it was so chilly out.
I skipped the treadmill tonight. I had to walk up steps quite a few times yesterday so my left knee is making sure I know it’s there. I thought I’d not risk making it demand more attention.
Kimi, how fun to go to the zoo. I want to go this summer. We went to the Denver zoo at Christmas time to walk around and look at the Christmas lights it was far too cold to enjoy the animals that night.
CJ, can you imagine buying a Faberge egg that expensive and finding the vodka was stinky? It sounds like your meal was much better than a Big Mac.
Appletini, that’s great you vegged out for awhile tonight. It’s nice to do sometimes. I hope you had a nice dinner out tonight.
Shortblonde, it’s funny how switching out regular food can mess up your routine. I really notice a difference when I don’t eat my fruit and cereal for breakfast.
Rod, that is great news someone is very interested in your condo. Yes, I do watch Gems TV, Direct Shopping Network or JTV sometimes. I’ll put on the “pictures” and listen to music. Good luck to both you and Charlie with the job interviews tomorrow. We have a smoke detector in the peak of our computer room ceiling that’s about 11 feet up. The battery always goes out when Marty is out of town and it’s always at night. Sorry you had to get up so early today for that. I’m like you, I’m very lucky and have a wonderful life.
Bee, nachos are tasty. I make them sometimes will low fat ingredients. It’s a real treat for me.
Skippy, yay for making smart food choices. Sorry to hear your knees aren’t 100% yet. I am curious, why do they think walking is bad for your knees? My uncle is an orthopedic surgeon and he told me he thought that was the best thing for me to do given my bad knees. If I get enough money to buy me an egg, I’ll certainly get you one too. I’ll skip the vodka though. I’d rather have wine, champagne or margaritas.
Ladypirate, “rats” for having to go to work tonight. I hope you do get Chateau Margaux someday. They had a bottle of champagne in their case for that had hand painted roses on it and came with 2 crystal champagne glasses that had roses painted on them as well. The crystal glasses were gorgeous.
Linda, you aren’t slow you are just letting your grandsons go first. I’m glad you had nice weather today.
Somethingshiny, I found the same tips and tricks online when I spilled a big old blob of pink nail polish on our carpet. I kept covering it up with newspapers while I worked on it. I can still find it if I look for it but I got more of it out than I thought I would. The deer are very cool.
Laters.
35.gif

Marcy

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Rod~ I didn''t know you are from MD. When did you move to FL? I watched some of Idol, too. It was really touching. They did a wonderful job! OH, and I thought of you on Saturday. I was in my FIRST Starbucks! I don''t like coffee (I was with a coffee nut, though). I had a Chai tea, it was okay. The whole place smelled delicious and it was really cute inside. Great little conversation and reading areas. Good luck on your interview!

Marcy~ PINK nail polish would have been great for me. That''s what I told DH, I really love my expensive polishes, but why couldn''t he have broken one of those instead of the cheap blue stuff. My pepto pink carpet would have hidden just about any pink shade!! I think I''m going to go at it again with a steam cleaner, hopefully that will remove what''s left and all the liquid that''s still in the carpet. What do you bread your nuggets in and what oil do you use? I make chicken strips with the good old cornflour and spices and I double dip and then deep fry them.

DH just called and asked me on a date for this weekend. I''m already excited. We hardly ever go out.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somethingshiny, woo hoo for a date with your husband this weekend. Have fun! I just shook my chicken pieces in a bag of flour and salted and peppered them and cooked them in a little bit of canola oil. I think my biggest problem was I didn''t get the oil hot enough before adding the chicken. The cornflour and spices sounds great for chicken strips.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Thursday everyone! Off to bootcamp tonight and I booked my photographer today-woohoo!

Skippy-best of luck at WW today! You did so much better than me in the mexican restaurant with your choices.

ladypirate-that FroYo place sounds tasty! Hope you enjoyed it.

Linda-thank you! I bet you I''d be slower on the bike! I''m so bad at cycling.

Something-I love that photo! They''re beautiful! Enjoy your date!

Rod-best of luck to you and Charlie today with the interviews! I''ll keep everything crossed for you.

Marcy-which low fat ingredients do you put on your nachos? I should really try that out.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bee. I buy the 50 calorie taco shells and use 2 of them. I brown the 96% lean hamburger and get the 2% grated cheese. I break up the shells, use about 3 oz of the beef for 150 calories, 1/4 c of the cheese for 80 calories and cut up veggies like lettuce, onion, tomotoes for the top. We just buy the jar salsa to use. I usually bake the shells, cheese and beef in the oven for awhile till the cheese gets melted. I'll eat this for supper because I usually eat about 400 calories at suppertime. I really feel like I had a big treat having this for supper.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks a million for that Marcy-I''ll have to try them. They sound delicious!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!

Yoga class was a trip! I really need to build my upper body strength so I can do more of the poses. All in time though! I was very proud of myself yesterday. Despite being sore from Monday and Tuesday''s workouts, I got myself into the gym for some time on the elliptical and then I took a Zumba class after. Zumba was very fun even though I am terribly uncoordinated and probably looked very silly! It was a great work out, great music and it was the very first evening class so I didn''t feel miles behind the other students. I can''t wait until next week''s class!

Rod - You''re right, it will take some time to build my stamina up but every little increase I see is a sign that I am on the right path. Nice work on those shirt sleeves!!

bee - CONGRATS on 13 lbs.!!! That''s fantastic!!

Ladypirate - CONGRATS to you on your loss despite thinking the contrary!

Apple - Glad to hear you are getting something out of your PT!!

Skippy - Good luck at WW!

It must have been Mexican Food week because I had burrito last night with a whole wheat wrap, lean hamburg with seasoning, a mix of low fat and fat free cheese, 1/2 cup of rice and few beans tossed into the mix with a dallop of low fat sour cream. It was delicious and very filling.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, thanks for the warm welcome back. Skippy, you just make my heart happy. I''d like to clone you.

Rod thanks for your opinion on those Amy''s dinners. I ordered a few more just so I have an emergency backup plan in case I don''t feel like cooking. Over the last two weeks, I kept resorting to take-out every other day. And takeout always means sushi. While it was very tasty, I knew it was high calorie. So I''ll try to stay away from those frozen entrees unless it''s a dire situation. :) Good luck with your interview. We have "Florida"-esque weather today in NYC. It''s soooooooooooooo gorgeous. I''m sitting here at work while the rest of the city is hanging out in Central Park.

Marcy, I can''t believe it''s snowing there. You should come over. I''m sorry your knee is hurting.
7.gif

LP, yes wedding planning is well under way. I am getting excited about it. I love being crafty and tickling my creative side...so it''s awesome. Thanks for asking!!! And squash risotto! Sounds so tasty! Please tell me more about it. I love squash anything.

Planning to walk home after work today, and go straight to the gym for a little bit. Have a nice day everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from WW and I lost 2.2 lbs, yay!!!!!
16.gif
9.gif
I am so happy I really made pretty good choices this week and reminded myself that there is always food it isn't going anywhere. hehe

Well, it was weird because we have these gorgeous big moutains and I live pretty close to them and I noticed that they were covered with clouds yesterday evening. While hubby and I were shopping at Trader Joe's we came out and noticed some of the clouds were gone and there was a beautiful layer of snow covering them. It was super cold and rainy yesterday and today is in the 50's so no more 70 dregees for now. It is overcast and cloudy today; hoping spring weather comes back but the rain was much needed so no complaints really.
3.gif
I think I will be making whole wheat pizza w/fresh pineapple tonight, hubby will be happy.
2.gif
Have a great day all!!!

Ladypirate, I wish we had a froyo place! We do have a Target; I thought Target was big in Cali. I love that dress btw; you will look great in it! I know, perfect timing w/the bike; I love my bike, thanks!

Apple, okay, I might try out more kashi items; I like the kashi bars and cereals. I love foods from scratch too because of so many preservatives in boxed foods. You work hard so a nap is probably just what your body needed.

LindaW, yay for nice weather and biking and walking! Your grandson's are too cute! hehe

Somethingshiny, love the photo, how incredibly beautiful!!! I love them; I rather have too many deer than too little, thanks for sharing!!! Glad the nailposh almost came out. Don't you love Dancing w/the Stars? hehe Enjoy your wonderful yoga; I am going to start up again next week!! that is sweet about the date. hehe

Rod, that is nuts but I do hope the parents buy the condo for them! Best wishes for you and Charlie today, sending lots of good vibes! Have a great workout!

Marcy, it is cool here too; I hope it warms up for you, wow 8 inches!!! Nutty. Do you have a TraderJoe's there? They have yummy chickenless nuggets. Also, I have a recipe somewhere for no fry chicken if you are interested in it I will look for it; it is very yummy and low cal. Thanks for the kudos! Oh, I almost forgot to answer the question on the knees. Well when I walk my knees almost touch instead of straightening out so it puts a lot of pressure on the knee caps which cause them pain especially since I have little hills in my neighborhood which tends to be harsh. Both PT's said no walking, more biking, swimming, ellip. Your knees may not do that; that is the way my legs were made. I agree walking is great for most people.

Bee, the good luck worked, 2.2 lbs, yay, thank you sweetie for cheering me on!!! You are a great motivation!! Yay for the photographer, sounds like the wedding plans are coming along great! Kick booty at bootcamp, yay!

Keepingthefaith, good for you going to yoga, ellip and zumba!! You will get there; keep up the good work! Thanks for the good wishes, it worked!!! Good for you making good mexican food choices!

CrownJewel, I am blushing, thanks, I am glad you are around!!! Awesome on all your walks! Enjoy the gym too; you are doing awesome!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Hi WWTers!
35.gif

Appletini, I hope you enjoyed your dinner out last night!

Linda, I think maybe your grandkids are too fast! JK. They sound like cute kids.

Hi SomethingShiny! I''m impressed at your nail polish removing skills. The picture of the deer is lovely. It''s so sweet that your DH asked you on a date--where are you going?

Rod, good luck to you and Charlie on your interviews today!

I''m sorry your knee is hurting, Marcy. I think you probably did the right thing by taking it easy last night.

Bee, congrats on booking your photographer! I hope bootcamp goes well tonight.

KTF, I''m glad you enjoyed yoga & zumba. I''m sure you''ll catch up and be able to do all those poses in no time!

CJ, we do risotto fairly often and vary what we put in it. For the one last night, we used winter squash and grated it so it would mix in with the onion and garlic and rice. Very tasty, although we used a bit too much chicken broth so it was a little wetter than usual--still delicious though!

Woo Skippy for 2.2 lbs!!!!! You are doing great! Target is big in cali, but we don''t have one where I live. I posted a picture of the back of the dress on the shopping thread if you''d like to see it. Hopefully you''ll get a local froyo place soon--it''s tasty, if a bit pricey.

I hope everyone''s having a great day!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Glad you enjoyed the pic. Maybe I''ll get a pic when they''re in rut.

I wasn''t able to yoga this morn, but hopefully, I will get it twice tonight! I''m getting so into yoga now, I want actual workout clothes instead of just tank tops and lounge pants! And, dang again, for not having a TiVo!

Marcy~ do you use canola oil often? I usually cook with vegetable oil (for frying) or olive oil for everything else. Does it get burnt tasting?? Your nachos sound nearly identical to mine, and I didn''t even know I was doing low fat! I also add a ton of jalapenos. They are fantastic!

bee~ have a wonderful bootcamp night!

KTF~ I''m so envious of you! I really want to try a real yoga class, but there aren''t any around here. I just follow along with the chicks on tv. Julianna and I joke about some of the crazy poses. I''m pretty good on upper body strength and she''s better for that crazy plow pose!

Skippy~ yay for 2.2 lbs down! Your mountains sound beautiful! What yoga are you going to do??

LP~ Why do pirates say "ARRR?" Because "FFFF" just isn''t scary! With your little avatar, that joke is even funnier! We are going out to dinner (at my favorite Italian place) with DH''s friend and his wife whom I haven''t met. But, for me, if the food and wine are good, I can get along with anyone! After that, I think we''re going to see Horton Hears a Who. We haven''t been to the movies in years, but DH got free tickets to THE theatre. They have recliners!!

Hi, CJ! Namaste!

Have a wonderful day, all!

OOH, I also got a little black dress today. It''s really cute and I have no place to wear it any time in the near future! But, it fit so well (which is a phenomenon) I had to get it.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just thought I''d check in before hitting the pillow. Bootcamp was tought with a capital T tonight. I''m so tired-can barely keep my eyes open.

KTF-glad yoga was great. Zumba sounds great!

WOW Skippy! 2.2lbs is FAB!
36.gif
36.gif
Congratulations! There''ll be nothing left of you soon. Enjoy your pizza tonight.

Hi ladypirate
35.gif

Something-I hope that you get the two yoga classes in tonight! What''s your black dress like?

Night all!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

We''re home, much too soon.

Skip, congrats on the weight loss!

Awesome picture, somethingshiny!

Rod, hope your and Charlie''s interviews went well.

Marcy, I hope the knee is doing alright. We go to the zoo in pretty much every city we visit. I love zoos. It was fun. (Wow, I wrote that in very juvenile terms! Hang out with 5th grader much?)

Keeping, I loved taking yoga classes. When I''m done with student teaching I''m going to find some sort of class or gym to join. At least that''s the plan in my head.

Have a great rest of the day all. I need to get going on school work.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Good evening WWT! As I was waiting for my FreshDirect order to be delivered, I browsed through the last month of WWT threads that I missed. I was not diligent enough to read everything, but I saw all the photos...Mara's delicious looking cupcakes (now I want to buy a mini muffin pan. I'm not even a sweets fanatic), Marcy's -150 pounds photo (you look FANTASTIC!), Rod and Charlie being handsome and tan, Bee's gorgeous photos of Ireland (is that right?).

Love the photos!

So I met my goal for today, which was to eat well and walk to the gym from work (about 35 minute walk...so maybe 1.5 miles) and then hop on the elliptical for at least 30 minutes. For some reason the gym was stifling hot so I couldn't take more than 30 minutes. But I got a "good" elliptical today so that was exciting. They have 3 different ellipticals on the cardio floor: "good" ellipticals with arm thingies+adjustable incline, "bad" ellipticals with adjustable incline but no arms, "eh" ellipticals with arms but no adjustable incline.

Just wondering if everyone has a built-in "splurge" day(s) for each week. If so, how often and how well do you stick to it? I've already eaten out (Thai food) twice this week, so those were my splurges. I like to have two splurge meals each week, just to keep myself from feeling deprived from my fave foods.

Namaste SomethingShiny! How is your yoga-ing? I want to get a yoga mat bag to carry around so I can go straight from work to the gym with my yoga mat. I often look ridiculous walking around b/c I have my gym bag tote, and my purse...and sometimes I carry around my books or files from work and an umbrella! I'm like a bag lady!

Kimmie, how is the student teaching?!! I know you caught some bugs from the kiddies, but I hope you are feeling better. Are you enjoying the teaching?

Skips, your pizza sounds soooooooooo yummy. And congrats on making the right food choices this week. Hooray for losing 2.2 lbs!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Okay, please don''t overfill me with info, but I have a couple questions. I''m thinking about cutting way down on sugar (my 5th food group), but it seems everything is loaded with it, so is there an easy way to start? Also, I''m thinking (JUST thinking) about giving up the Diet Dew. (cringe, I can''t believe I actually wrote that!!) However, I would need a buddy to do it with me (hint hint). It''s my only vice, and I think if I could cut that sweetness out, I would lose the taste for all the other sweets. OR am I kidding myself?!?!

bee~ Yoga (not class yoga, tv yoga) was great. JT joined me and it just makes me laugh! I really wish I could do the needle pose better. I kind of look like a broken see-saw instead. My dress is black satiny with a plunging v-neckline and a cinch for several inches under the chest (a la Marilyn Monroe). On the cinch is two little blingy details. Kind of reminds me of the Chanel logo. It hits just below the knee in a flowyish skirt. (not too flowy, but not clingy at all). I figure it''ll be good for just about anything. I can add a shrug and shoe in a popping color, or add a bunch of gemstone jewelry, or just wear a simple black heel with lots of diamond jewelry. I''m not usually a dress , but I just love it!

Kimi~ I love zoos, too. Recently I had my first horrible zoo trip, but usually I could stay for hours upon hours. We go in every town we visit, too. The first zoo trip I had as a kid was when I turned 9. For my birthday we went to the Dallas Zoo. I got my ears pierced that day and had dripped on my favorite skirt, and then I spilled a chocolate ice cream cone on the shirt. But, I loved it!

CJ~ What''s freshdirect?? Great workout today! Everyday is a splurge day for me! JK, kind of...I''m just starting to eat a bit healthier now, but I still eat pretty much whatever I want. Your two meals a week sounds good, though. I usually don''t eat out but maybe once every month or two. But, at home, I make tons of carb-loaded goodies. Yoga is great, I still love it! I saw a roll-up yoga mat with a strap attached at Target. It would sling right over your shoulder. Then, you need to get one of those purse organizers, you can fill them up with all of your essentials and grab it out of your purse (also makes changing bags easier) and slide it into your gym bag. Then you''d have your mat and bag on your shoulder and possibly some books in hand, but it would lighten the load! bag lady tee hee!

good night, all!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2008 9:01:26 PM
Author: CrownJewel
Kimmie, how is the student teaching?!! I know you caught some bugs from the kiddies, but I hope you are feeling better. Are you enjoying the teaching?
CJ, student teaching has been both a exhausting and thrilling experience. I taught a math lesson while being observed by my site sup (the woman who grades me) and I totally fell apart. I had to have my cooperating teacher step in. I worked myself into a frenzy and then froze. It was a terrible experience, but she was very supportive and understanding and praised me for knowing when to ask for help (I asked my cooperating teacher to step in) I''m lucky she didn''t nail me. Aside from that experience it''s been great. I''m working 12-14 hour days between my seminar and planning/teaching which leaves me wiped, but I am so thrilled to be in the classroom and so enjoy what I''m doing that I''m actually okay with the busy-ness. The other day my cooperating teacher told me "Kimi, you''re a good teacher. Please remember that and take a deep breath, you''re too hard on yourself." It was nice to hear her say I''m doing well, because she''s there to teach me she spends a lot of time providing me with constructive criticism, which can just feel like criticism after a while. Thanks for listening to me ramble about this. It has consumed me for the last month and a half and I still have 7 weeks to go. I need to figure out what I''m going to do this summer as I graduate mid-June and I''ll be lost afterwards, having been so occupied with school and substituting for so long. I''m thinkng a couple part time jobs will fill my time until the school year resumes. Again, thanks for asking. So sweet of you. I''m looking forward to a walk in CP with you next time DH and I make it to NYC.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2008 10:03:59 PM
Author: somethingshiny

Kimi~ I love zoos, too. Recently I had my first horrible zoo trip, but usually I could stay for hours upon hours. We go in every town we visit, too. The first zoo trip I had as a kid was when I turned 9. For my birthday we went to the Dallas Zoo. I got my ears pierced that day and had dripped on my favorite skirt, and then I spilled a chocolate ice cream cone on the shirt. But, I loved it!
Somethingshiny, the first time I ate an ice cream cone I was covered from head to toe and my sister wouldn''t walk with me, she was embarrassed. I think I''ve had 1 or 2 ice cream cones since. Your story is too sweet, thanks for sharing! Zoos are on of our favorite places. I always wonder if the animals think they''re observing us as much as we do them.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.....We had our interviews today and what was funny is they were in across the street from each other in Downtown Tampa, but we were on different schedules. Charlie's was preliminary and it's really a temp agency, so he took all sorts of tests and met with the recruiter folks and now they'll see if they can find something for him. He temped about 20 years ago, so maybe this will be an avenue for him. My interview went very well. But (isn't there always a BUT?), the level of the position is much lower than I've held in a long long time and the associate pay rate is lower too. I enjoyed my time with the manager and I think he enjoyed meeting me as well. Where we left it is he'd love to have me, but only if I would truly commit to this, meaning that he wouldn't want me to take the job and then leave 6 months later if and when something more appropriate came along. It's a justifed concern and one I would have raised had I been on the other side of the table. So, I'm not sure about this. Yes, it would be a job. Yes, the company's decent. Yes, the work environment is nice. But, I worry that I would be setting for the sake of having a job which isn't fair to them or me.

After the interview, I headed to the gym (well home to change first, then the gym) and had a really good workout. I pushed my arms to exhaustion and they're pretty sore, especially my shoulders. We're either going to go to the gym tomorrow and skip Saturday, or skip tomorrow and go Saturday. We'll make that decision tomorrow morning. One nice thing about being unemployed is the ability to work out pretty much anytime we want. If only we could win the lottery, life would be so much simpler! LOL

It's pretty late so I can't respond to everyong today. But I saw that you lost 2.2 lbs, Skippy, so an EXTRA YAY FOR YOU TODAY!!

I'll try to catch up more tomorrow.

I hope everyone had a great day.....

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I hope you had a great day. We ended up with about 6 inches of snow; most of it will be gone by tomorrow.
KTF, glad to hear you had such a great time at the gym with your classes.
CJ, I am sure you enjoyed your weather today. Maybe I should come on over. Thanks for the kind words about my photos. I eat different on the weekends than during the week so I guess I kind of splurge then. During the week I eat 6 times a day all pretty low calorie. On Saturday and Sunday I get twice a day and eat a little more fattening food and skip the 100 cal snacks.
Skippy, Congratulations on loosing 2.2 more pounds.
36.gif
Too cute about saying food isn’t going anywhere. It is always there. Your pizza sounds great. I would love your recipe for no fry chicken. I was wishing I had such a recipe yesterday. Hills are tough on knees; that and stairs really bother me too. That’s great though you can ride your terrific new bike. We don’t have a TJ’s here. Rats.
Ladypirate. I’m still smiling every time I see your avatar.
Somethingshiny, I don’t generally use oil at all so this was really my first time with canola oil. I usually use basic old Crisco. I don’t think it heated up as well as what I’m used to. My husband would love jalapenos on his nachos. I’ll have to suggest that the next time we have nachos for supper.
Bee, you probably slept like a baby after a tough boot camp class.
Kimi, it sounds like you are having a great time this week. My knee is still a little stiff and more sore than normal but better than yesterday. That’s great your cooperating teacher is so supportive and helpful. I am SURE you are a wonderful teacher. 2 months to go till graduation, huh? Woo hoo!
Somethingshiny, LOL at sugar being the 5th food group. I think if you don’t eat sweets you won’t crave them as much. Rod, that is fair for them to want to know you’d be committed to this job. Take your time deciding if it’s right for you; I’d hate for you to take a job just because it’s a job and then not be happy with your decision. That’s pretty funny Charlie’s interview was right across the street.

Well tomorrow is Friday and I am pretty darned happy about that. DH is leaving for a few days Saturday so I’m going to see if one of my girl friends wants to go shopping this weekend.

Take care.
Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results