shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 5th Feb till 11th Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry to hear about your bike nejarb-the exact same thing happened one of my friends last thursday. He only left it for about 5 minutes too locked up outside a shop and when he came out it was gone.

I started today off well by going to the gym. Eating wise, I was ok too. I had a wholemeal and tuna sandwich for lunch with 2 mandarins and a special k bar for lunch. A smoothie for a snack and soup and a sandwich for dinner. Roll on wednesday and weigh in day! Hopefully the scales will be nice to me!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Afternoon!

Welcome, Jossy.

Thanks for the fantastic and oh so accurate weekly message, Lorelei! It is right on spot.

Nejarb, I concur with the rest of the crew re: limiting calories a bit more. Try eating between 1600-1700 on average and see how that works for you.

Cinderella, I hope your seperation from your boyfriend brings about some sort of resolution for both of you regarding what is best for you. As for being stuck, maybe you should avoid the scale for a few weeks and just keep doing what you''re doing.

Today has been a bit crazy, we had to handle burial arrangements as well as move another load of furniture and other items from the house that closes escrow this Thursday. Not a lot of time for my elliptical!
I''ve eaten about 450 calories today, which gives me a lot of wiggle room for dinner. We''re going to a local favorite steak and seafood restaurant, yum yum!

Enjoy the rest of your day, everyone.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yum kimberly! i gotta say i love weekend days when i can really control things because i eat way less when i am not at work than when i am! like on saturday, i was only at about 600 cals when we went to dinner at 7pm which as you said gives a ton of leeway for dinner out. however during the week, typically by the time i leave the office at 5pm i am at like 900 cals so i only have like 500-600 for dinner and dessert. i am doing better with snacking during the workdays, but if i feel really hungry, i do want to eat since i don''t need to ''deprive'' myself...i am already at my goal weight so i don''t need to be so strict. my goal is to maintain. but i do try to think before just putting something in my mouth, hehe. anyway have a great dinner!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2007 6:25:25 PM
Author: Mara
yum kimberly! i gotta say i love weekend days when i can really control things because i eat way less when i am not at work than when i am! like on saturday, i was only at about 600 cals when we went to dinner at 7pm which as you said gives a ton of leeway for dinner out. however during the week, typically by the time i leave the office at 5pm i am at like 900 cals so i only have like 500-600 for dinner and dessert. i am doing better with snacking during the workdays, but if i feel really hungry, i do want to eat since i don''t need to ''deprive'' myself...i am already at my goal weight so i don''t need to be so strict. my goal is to maintain. but i do try to think before just putting something in my mouth, hehe. anyway have a great dinner!
Leeway is so important! We eat out as often as you and Greg do and I allow myself to just not be so rigid on those nights, because really and truly it''s all about the striking the balance we discuss so often here (and in my thread about when is enough truly enough). Now when we talk about where we want to eat John always tries to come up with healthy options and I''m like "No, you don''t understand, these are my nights to NOT be healthy. I get to eat stuff I normally wouldn''t and we can split dessert - don''t choose a healthy place, choose a place where we can splurge, I cut back on calories during the day for nights out!!"

I have surpassed my goal of holding steady at 135, but am still in a size 8 in most of my clothes (I''ve bought a few new pairs of jeans that are a size 6). I continue to lose weight each week though, and I''m certainly not going to complain about it! I''m also not going to freak out and quit enjoying food because my clothing size hasn''t gone down. Balance, balance, balance. It''s what life is all about.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2007 6:45:37 PM
Author: KimberlyH

Leeway is so important! We eat out as often as you and Greg do and I allow myself to just not be so rigid on those nights, because really and truly it''s all about the striking the balance we discuss so often here (and in my thread about when is enough truly enough). Now when we talk about where we want to eat John always tries to come up with healthy options and I''m like ''No, you don''t understand, these are my nights to NOT be healthy. I get to eat stuff I normally wouldn''t and we can split dessert - don''t choose a healthy place, choose a place where we can splurge, I cut back on calories during the day for nights out!!''

I have surpassed my goal of holding steady at 135, but am still in a size 8 in most of my clothes (I''ve bought a few new pairs of jeans that are a size 6). I continue to lose weight each week though, and I''m certainly not going to complain about it! I''m also not going to freak out and quit enjoying food because my clothing size hasn''t gone down. Balance, balance, balance. It''s what life is all about.
I agree...all my jeans are in 6 now basically and I just try to use them as a gauge for how my body is looking. Plus I overdry my jeans week after week because they tend to stretch out a bit after I wear them so I know now they are not the same size 6s that I bought at the store originally. So I feel pretty good as long as my three to four diff pairs of size 6''s fit me okay.
2.gif
It''s not so much about the ''size 6'' moniker as it is that I feel good in that size and I want to keep it there. I don''t want to get any smaller honestly. I have had a bunch of people tell me that I am perfect the way I am...that I should not lose more weight, and I have had others tell me I am too thin, that I lost too much weight...etc. Not one person says ''oh yeah 5 more lbs and you''ll be fab''. (and even if they did i''d think they were crazy, but that''s beside the point). So I really want to maintain where I am at, and the scale is just one element of that, measurements, clothes etc make up the rest of it. Definitely all about balance because as you all know I love my food too and I love eating out and enjoying yummy things. As long as I can work out and keep it all in balance during the week and weekends, that is when I am definitely most happy.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2007 6:59:19 PM
Author: Mara

Date: 2/5/2007 6:45:37 PM

Leeway is so important! We eat out as often as you and Greg do and I allow myself to just not be so rigid on those nights, because really and truly it''s all about the striking the balance we discuss so often here (and in my thread about when is enough truly enough). Now when we talk about where we want to eat John always tries to come up with healthy options and I''m like ''No, you don''t understand, these are my nights to NOT be healthy. I get to eat stuff I normally wouldn''t and we can split dessert - don''t choose a healthy place, choose a place where we can splurge, I cut back on calories during the day for nights out!!''

I agree...all my jeans are in 6 now basically and I just try to use them as a gauge for how my body is looking. Plus I overdry my jeans week after week because they tend to stretch out a bit after I wear them so I know now they are not the same size 6s that I bought at the store originally. So I feel pretty good as long as my three to four diff pairs of size 6''s fit me okay.
2.gif
It''s not so much about the ''size 6'' moniker as it is that I feel good in that size and I want to keep it there. I don''t want to get any smaller honestly. I have had a bunch of people tell me that I am perfect the way I am...that I should not lose more weight, and I have had others tell me I am too thin, that I lost too much weight...etc. Not one person says ''oh yeah 5 more lbs and you''ll be fab''. (and even if they did i''d think they were crazy, but that''s beside the point). So I really want to maintain where I am at, and the scale is just one element of that, measurements, clothes etc make up the rest of it. Definitely all about balance because as you all know I love my food too and I love eating out and enjoying yummy things. As long as I can work out and keep it all in balance during the week and weekends, that is when I am definitely most happy.
I''m not quite ready to say "no more" to weight loss. For my age range and body type my healthy weight range is 127-144 so I feel good as long as I land somewhere in the low end of that. I''m not going to make further changes to lose, but I will maintain calorie counting and my 1500-2000 calorie burn every week and just let my body do what it wants. If it stops, great, if I lose a bit more, fine too. Either way I know I''ve taken back control of my weight loss/maintenance as opposed to battiling with those last 5 lbs. and that was the most improtant thing for me.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh i hear you kimberly, my range is something like 125 to 155 or something with some huge range. so i am right near the low-middle of it...but for me it''s more about visuals. i am right on the cusp of looking a little too thin if i go a little more to the 130''ish range of the scale. i am going to try to keep it where it is (134) but we''ll see. like you i just an doing the whole eating enough and working out and seeing what happens. it was really easy to take off those 2-3 lbs i put on while not being able to work out in those 3 weeks, i just ate lighter for 2-3 days last week and off they came. so my body is pretty conditioned right now, which is super positive for me and makes me feel like i am where i need to be. but i totally hear you on letting your body speak to you. who knows...i might lose another lb or two with not changing anything and if that happens and i feel like i LOOK okay, then that''s cool too.
3.gif
as long as i don''t have to buy new jeans!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I had *almost* talked myself into not going to the gym tonight. As a matter of fact I had even taken the LC I was going to eat for dinner out of the box and was ready to peel back the clear plastic cover when I came to my senses and got my big butt to the gym.

About 15 minutes into it I was just having a grand old time, doing my regular program and watching TV and chatting with the guy next to me, when SUDDENLY, I was like, wait a minute! This isn't supposed to be so easy you big slug, so I kicked up the resistance a notch and made myself go a little faster too. 650 cals in an hour. And man could I feel it in my butt too!

So NOW I am eating that LC, and I'm only at 1140 cals for the day (including the 3 Muskateers bar that I once again *had* to have this afternoon!) so I've got at least one good snack left in me.

I won't be able to go to the gym tomorrow night becuase I have to get the inspection done for my client from Saturday, but I've done three good workouts in a row so I think it's good to take a break for one day.

And this is how you know you've been eating too much Progresso soup: The happy hubby brought LC home from Costco today and as I was looking at the choices in the freezer I was actually getting excited about eating taking them for lunch, LOL!

LucyL

Rough_Rock
okay gang- after reading these inspiring posts for forever I''ve decided to jump on the band wagon. I''m in the need to tone and loose a few pounds category and any advice would be helpful. My largest barrier is working out. I''m on the road mon-thurs and thus have just the hotel workout room - and let me tell you, this week''s hotel workout room sucks!! One treadmill, a very sad bike, stair master that is LEAKY!!!! Are there any good workout DVD''s that have you burn mega calories that I can use in my room. I''d like to be burning 600+ calories to jump start things until I can get in a "steady" state like Mara and others here. I''ve really been watching what I eat and trying to increase my fiber and protein. This is also a challenge since I''m a pretty strict vegetarian and often my options are limited when on the road. I did find some weight control oatmeal that is 160cal, 3g fat, 7g protein and 6g fiber that is a really good option and I''m always on the lookout for other "portable" finds.

Mara- I did a little research on polar heart rate monitors and the F6 women''s series seems to be very good. I was interested in the MIO but I have read such mixed reviews. I did try a polar monitor a few years ago but the chest strap never stayed on since I''m rather petite. Is the chest strap more adjustable now?

Thanks for all of the great inspiration and keep up the good work!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
gosh DJ how do you end up a day at 1140 after eating a 3 musketeers bar?! so jealous!

lucy, welcome! i would have to say, when you have some time, go through the last few weeks threads, i know they can be long reads but there are A LOT of tips in there on things like food to take with you, healthy snacks, etc. it''s great to have new members all the time but sometimes i feel like a broken record repeating the same things over and over about what is great to eat, what to take with you, how to be prepared etc. i need a little script i can paste into here or something, maybe next time i type it out i will save it too...hehee. anyway there are lots of great things to take with you or stock at your work or whatever in those previous threads. also just keep an eye out for what people eat in this thread, i am sure you will see people saying they eat ''fiber one oat and chocolate bars'' or ''fiber one honey clusters cereal'' or something. as people post what they love, or what they eat (aka DJ''s progresso soup), take note. it may come in handy later!

had an oat and chocolate bar for a snack this afternoon and my 1/2 a chocolate muffin i mentioned earlier, and then when i got home i had a 10 cal jello cup. then dinner was a hodgepodge of stuff which is fun sometimes...i had 1 leftover mini tamale with some salsa (my friend made them tiny which is funny because my family''s tamales are typically HUGE...), some of the olive salad (which is basically diff varieties of olives, garlic, some olive oil etc..yum!), and then some leftover wild rice and a piece of partial chicken breast from the leftover TJ''s meal last week. yum. i love tasting small varieties of various things, esp at home. dessert will be a 10 cal jello cup most likely even though i can have some lemon bar too if i want (i may)...depending on if i eat the lemon bar i''d be ~1600 for cals for the day which is on par with my maintenance intake i guess.

but i am craving some muffins...some healthy ones!! i miss my muffin days..hehee. and i''m tired of waiting for the bananas to go rotten so i am researching types of applesauce oat bran muffins to see what i can make that gets me an under 100 cal muffin but lots of fiber and protein. so we''ll see what i come up with. hope everyone is having a fab night!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium

And Mara wrote: blah blah gosh my posts are always so long. does anyone read them? hehee. oh well it''s therapeutic writing them.

And her friends all said at the same time: "YES, EVERY WORD!!"

Nejarb: SO so sorry to learn about your bike being stolen. Such a personal invasion to know someone took your stuff........
38.gif
29.gif
32.gif

Brrrrrr, today was really cold. It didn''t get out of the 30''s and was the coldest day it''s been in Raleigh for a couple of years. Since it wasn''t cloudy, or damp, it didn''t feel bad at all. In fact, it was kind of refreshing, as long as you wore gloves and a hat........LOL It''s going into the teens tonight, but will warm up a couple degrees each day until hitting the 40''s by the weekend.

No workout today, it''s Monday and we do Sushi on Monday''s. So, no real fitness story to regale. We''ll be at the gym again tomorrow. Hope everyone had a good start to the week.

Your friend......Rod

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol rod thanks for the ego boost! i read your posts too. hehe.
2.gif

so after like an hour of researching recipes online (i love doing that while watching my tivo'd soap operas, lol)...i decided to make applesauce oat bran muffins. according to my recipe modifications and cals each muffin would be about 80 cals each, woo hoo. all the recipes had a ton of applesauce and about the same ratio of dry items i was attempting.

WELL i start mixing up all my stuff and have my dry and wet in separate bowls...and i think boy the moist items really do kind of seemingly visually overwhelm the amount of dry items. so i only pour in like 2/3 of the moist items just to see how it looks. well that was absolutely enough! i had to add more oat bran and i only got 7 muffins but they came out YUM!!!! so instead of them being a nice 80 the calories are more like 146 but they taste REALLY good so i forgive them, lol. even greg who likes things more sweet pronounced them yummy. and i really love the taste of oat and bran where you can really taste it...so if you do too then you'd like these. they are PERFECT breakfast muffins. i may modify them a bit more next time to see how i can use a little more applesauce, a bit less milk, and maybe more flour...or maybe try them with wheat bran which would allow for larger volume and less calories etc. but even though they are 145 each, they still taste really yummy AND they are 6g of fiber and 2.5g of fat. whee.

so here's the recipe as i baked it (minus the 1/3 of liquid i didn't use)...in case anyone feels branventurous. make it exactly like this and hopefully your muffins will come out just like mine...hehe.

APPLESAUCE OAT BRAN MUFFINS
1 1/3 c. oat bran
3/4c oatmeal
1/4c flour
splenda/sweet leaf/sugar sub (2 packets)
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp: nutmeg
1 egg white
1/4c milk
1 teaspoon honey
1c unsweetened applesauce

Mix dried ingredients in one bowl. Mix wet ingredients (and splenda) in the other. Make a well in the dried ingredients bowl and pour the wet in. Fold in gently, do not overmix. Spoon into muffin cups and bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.

Makes 7 muffins (or 6 extremely large ones as mine were pretty big at 7 but still had a tiny bit more room in the cups, lol)
Each muffin contains 146 calories, 2.5g of fat, 6.3 fiber, 3.4g sugars, 8.2g protein. YUM!

So that was my dessert, 1/2 a bran applesauce muffin. I had a bite of the lemon bar but Greg ate the rest...it was a bit too spicy for me tonite. The bran was more up my alley...hehe.

ETA now that I kind of think about it...I think that a lot of the moisture bakes into the bran during the baking process. So the muffins probably WERE okay to be a bit more moist since they came out fine. I could probably have gotten away with adding a bit more of the moisture mix to them. Maybe next time I will try that!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome Lucy
35.gif

I think the DVD''s are a good idea, I don''t know what is available in the States, but some fat burning / aerobic ones would be good, kudos to you for your dedication! It just proves if the will to workout is there, you can find a way
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I did 45 mins on the treadmill last night and

leg extensions
bent over flyes
bicep curls

so my new regime is going well!

Nej - that is dreadful about your bike
29.gif
29.gif

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
gosh, thanks for the genuine sympathy about my bike, i really needed that. i called my fi and left him a message about it and i guess i sounded like i was about to start crying or something, so when he came home from work he was laughing at me. not like "you''re so silly," but more like "you''re so cute for getting so sad about a bicycle." the mgr at my apt building is so cool though, he''s actaully going to give me $250 as compensation! (i paid 425 for it 5 years ago)

so, my food plan for the day is already mapped out, with 1370 cal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. i figure 200-300 for snack/wine, but i hope more like 200. what are these fiber one bars everyone is raving about? they''re sold at regular grocery store?

i don''t know if anyone is into pastry, but whole foods sells a container of 8 mini danishes, that are actually a pretty good size, and have 110 cal each. sometimes i buy them and freeze them and have them for dessert or more often w/ a piece of toast or 1 multigrain waffle for breakfast.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nejarb, I'm glad to hear that your building manager is going to give you *something* toward replacing your bike. Still, the whole thing sucks...

My knees are a little sore today (they were yesterday too, but since they didn't seem any worse on the elliptical I worked out anyway) so it's probably a good thing that I won't be able to go to the gym tonight.

I've got my cals planned for today, including what seems to have become a staple of my afternoon snacking--a 3 Muskateers--and I should end up at 1230. That includes the giant banana that I plan to at before heading off to my inspection at 4:00 so I won't be starving if it goes into dinner time.

Mara, those muffins sound good! Did you use regular white flour or whole wheat flour in them?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
nejarb: That is really generous of the apt manager, and a great reminder that while some people do really crappy things, like steal bikes, others are compassionate! I''ve had my purse and credit cards stolen on different occasions as well as my bank account emptied and it truly leaves one feeling violated.

DeeJay: Way to go on the workout! You''re the exercise queen.

So we went to dinner last night and I had two bites of John''s fried artichoke hearts, 1/2 of a small spinach salad, 4 coconut shrimp and 1/2 a creme brulee. I ate about 2000 calories yesterday, so I''ll just back off on the snacks today and tomorrow and balance it all out.

Today is an exercise day, and I''m really looking forward to it. I''m not sure what is for dinner tonight, some CL dish, I''m sure as it''s my turn to cook.

Have a healthy day everyone!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DJ I used white whole wheat flour but some recipes called for whole wheat etc. True whole wheat makes a 'heavier' product so I find I like using white whole wheat since it's lighter for baking a bit more like white flour. But it has all the same properties aka fiber/protein etc as whole wheat. And has I think 10 more cals than whole wheat per serving which is not a bad tradeoff for a lighter tasting baked product. I think that many 'bran' products are heavy enough from the bran, hehee. But you aka HH could totally use whole wheat as well.

Breakfast this morning is cream of wheat with some brown sugar and 2 toasted pieces of multigrain bread with smart balance, and coffee. this is a total childhood breakfast for me (minus the coffee!) so i love having it when I think about it...I was wandering around the kitchen this morning thinking 'what sounds good?' because honestly that bran muffin last nite was pretty filling so I didn't wake up starving or anything. Then I thought OH! Cream of wheat and toast. hehe. Plus the COW is only 120 cals (150 with my brown sugar) with a fair amount of protein, and the toast gives me my fiber (6g).

I am meeting Greg for lunch, he has actually been on a jury called as of last week and he found this awesome place for lunch that he likes, sandwiches I think, over near the courthouse, so I said I'd meet him and we'd chow down. hehe. It's easier to eat right at a sandwich shop typically but it's not the most exciting lunch and bread is famous for calories...but oh well! Tonite is an exercise/elliptical night, hoping for 500 cals or at least 475 again. Not sure about dinner, it might depend on the rest of my day as Greg has rehearsal so I can get away with doing cereal if I want for dinner, hehee. Though sometime this week I do want to make those lemony roasted potatoes I posted in the recipe thread, LOVE those things and I have been craving them. With a rubbed and broiled chicken breast, yum. Maybe tomorrow night.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
Greetings....

I have been crazed busy and haven''t been around much but I absolutely love this thread and thought I would contribute to it.

I went on this "detox" for 28 days and cannot tell you how great I feel. Seriously, the amount of energy that I have and how my body responded to the detox has been incredible.

Basically for 28 days I gave up:

All Dairy Products
Alcohol
Coffee
Diet Soda or the use of sweetner
Red Meat
Complex Carbs

I jacked up my intake of tofu, fish, chicken, ground turkey, legumes, leafy green vegetables, and whole grains. I also started walking every morning for 45 minutes - 60 minutes, going on 7 - 10 miles hikes on the weekends and increased my pilates equipment class to twice a week and I started lifting weights.

I still haven''t had any dairy, coffee, diet soda, or sweetner. I read that coffee increases your adrenalin, which can cause the secretion of cortisol which is the major cause of bloating and storage of excess fat. I have maybe 1 or 2 glasses of wine on the weekends and have started eating a little red meat again. When I have a choice, I will always choose whole grains over starchy complex carbs.

At 5''0 tall and weighing 105, I didn''t want to lose any weight, I just wanted to get more tone and muscle definition. The scale this morning said 103, and I''ll take it.

I thought it was going to be super hard giving up the things that I loved to eat....but after 28 days, I don''t crave it anymore. I can actually go to dinner, a party, a work event and not be tempted.

Just thought I would share.

Roppongi

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
kudos miss roppongi on the 28 day detox. that is SUPER impressive...seriously. monarch, TG, jcrow, and i (and a few others) did it in august for 5 days and that was ENOUGH!!! though i gave up basically all meats, even fish and i think i could easily do no red meat for 28 days. well maybe not easily. i could do no alcohol. i did no sugars. but dairy would be hard as i love cheeses.
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Miss Roppi - welcome to the thread!
35.gif

Oh gawd Kimberley, I LOVE creme brulee...What with that and the carrot cake mongering, I need something sweet...
30.gif
31.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 2:06:29 PM
Author: Lorelei
35.gif

Oh gawd Kimberley, I LOVE creme brulee...What with that and the carrot cake mongering, I need something sweet...
30.gif
31.gif
It is one of my absolute favorites. YUM YUM for the tum!

So I worked out, burned 600 calories and then tried to use my strangth training ball for core exercises. That didn''t go so well. I attempted to prop myself up on it and walk forward and backwards using my hands and I kept tipping sideways. Note to self: you are not now, nor have you ever been coordinated! Oh well, I''ll keep trying.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2007 3:02:11 PM

35.gif

30.gif
31.gif

So I worked out, burned 600 calories and then tried to use my strangth training ball for core exercises. That didn't go so well. I attempted to prop myself up on it and walk forward and backwards using my hands and I kept tipping sideways. Note to self: you are not now, nor have you ever been coordinated! Oh well, I'll keep trying.
* howling*
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

was it very thin and crispy on the top and rich, velvety and vanilla in the middle?....
face24.gif

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
i think i micalculated earlier, b/c i''m only at 840 for the day and my dinner is going to be 500 cal. plus, i already had my snack--the fiber one bar, just got them today and they''re great. yum! so maybe even w/ a glass of wine i''ll come in under 1500 today! that''s pretty exciting for me. and if i get too hungry before dinner i''ll just have another 100 cal snack, and it''ll still be a low cal day (well, for me). i also bought some south beach diet peanut butter cookies--100 cal for 2. i''ll report back on those today or tomarrow.

my days of leisure with my 9am-11am gym sessions may be coming to an end, at least temporarily. i''ve just been working about 2 hours a week so far this year as a tutor, but now i have an interview for a temporary position (2 months) at a big law firm to help w/ research on some case or something, and i think it''s a full time gig while it lasts. i''ve never actually worked a 40+ hr week, just school and part time jobs. i''m really into my exercise groove, and i want to keep that up, but i honestly don''t know how people do it when they''re working full time. housekeeper? takeout? wake up at 5:00 am every morning for the gym? how do you working ladies (and rod) do it? as far as i''m concerned, you''re all super-women, and although i''ll probably fail, i want to know your secrets!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 3:05:15 PM

35.gif

30.gif
31.gif

So I worked out, burned 600 calories and then tried to use my strangth training ball for core exercises. That didn''t go so well. I attempted to prop myself up on it and walk forward and backwards using my hands and I kept tipping sideways. Note to self: you are not now, nor have you ever been coordinated! Oh well, I''ll keep trying.
* howling*
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

was it very thin and crispy on the top and rich, velvety and vanilla in the middle?....
face24.gif
It was perfectly crisp on top na the vanilla was creamy and delicious! It came with a strawberry on top that I gave to John (Fruit doesn''t belong in my desserts!) and two crisp wafers that were layered and just right for dipping into the middle. Oh my goodness!

I have a mix in my cupboard for peppermint chocolate creme brulee, perhaps one day I''ll make it just for fun. It soulds interesting.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 3:20:36 PM
Author: nejarb
i think i micalculated earlier, b/c i''m only at 840 for the day and my dinner is going to be 500 cal. plus, i already had my snack--the fiber one bar, just got them today and they''re great. yum! so maybe even w/ a glass of wine i''ll come in under 1500 today! that''s pretty exciting for me. and if i get too hungry before dinner i''ll just have another 100 cal snack, and it''ll still be a low cal day (well, for me). i also bought some south beach diet peanut butter cookies--100 cal for 2. i''ll report back on those today or tomarrow.

my days of leisure with my 9am-11am gym sessions may be coming to an end, at least temporarily. i''ve just been working about 2 hours a week so far this year as a tutor, but now i have an interview for a temporary position (2 months) at a big law firm to help w/ research on some case or something, and i think it''s a full time gig while it lasts. i''ve never actually worked a 40+ hr week, just school and part time jobs. i''m really into my exercise groove, and i want to keep that up, but i honestly don''t know how people do it when they''re working full time. housekeeper? takeout? wake up at 5:00 am every morning for the gym? how do you working ladies (and rod) do it? as far as i''m concerned, you''re all super-women, and although i''ll probably fail, i want to know your secrets!
Nejarb, it was for this exact reason that I bought an elliptical. When I first moved to SD we had a strict schedule to adhere to because we had to have dinner w/ my MIL (otherwise she wouldn''t eat) and she had to eat at 6:15. I got up for work at 5:30 and just couldn''t see waking up any earlier to work out. So I plopped the elliptical in my living room and after dinner w/ MIL we would go home and DH/then BF would watch TV and I would work out.

If I were you I would choose 2 weekdays that were workout days, no backing out. And then the other two days would be weekends, at your leisure. But you just have to tell yourself that not doing it is just plain not an option.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nejarb, don''t worry, if you get that job you will still find time to work out. I try to go to the gym as soon as possible once I get home and get changed so I don''t get wrapped up in anything else or lose my momentum, LOL.

Kimberly, I have this vision of you on that ball! I''ve tried to use them a couple of times and I''m absolutely useless at it. One time I was using one in physical therapy for my knee and I lost control and literally rolled off and landed, um, *right on my sore knee*.
20.gif

roppongi, I think giving all that up for 28 days would kill me... No wine to go with the steak that I''m also not having along with the baked potato that missing too -- YIKES!

I had to skip the banana today because when I went to get one they were all weird looking, maybe like they''d been frozen or something, so I''m having seven pretzel sticks instead for the same cals. I keep forgetting to ask the happy hubby to pick up some hummus for me at Costco because I love pretzel sticks dipped in hummus. (And yes, I have been known to eat that for breakfast when the mood strikes me, ha ha!).

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2007 3:27:20 PM

Date: 2/6/2007 3:05:15 PM

35.gif

30.gif
31.gif

* howling*
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

face24.gif
It was perfectly crisp on top na the vanilla was creamy and delicious! It came with a strawberry on top that I gave to John (Fruit doesn''t belong in my desserts!) and two crisp wafers that were layered and just right for dipping into the middle. Oh my goodness!

I have a mix in my cupboard for peppermint chocolate creme brulee, perhaps one day I''ll make it just for fun. It soulds interesting.
I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!
27.gif
27.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 3:41:29 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
nejarb, don''t worry, if you get that job you will still find time to work out. I try to go to the gym as soon as possible once I get home and get changed so I don''t get wrapped up in anything else or lose my momentum, LOL.

Kimberly, I have this vision of you on that ball! I''ve tried to use them a couple of times and I''m absolutely useless at it. One time I was using one in physical therapy for my knee and I lost control and literally rolled off and landed, um, *right on my sore knee*.
20.gif

roppongi, I think giving all that up for 28 days would kill me... No wine to go with the steak that I''m also not having along with the baked potato that missing too -- YIKES!

I had to skip the banana today because when I went to get one they were all weird looking, maybe like they''d been frozen or something, so I''m having seven pretzel sticks instead for the same cals. I keep forgetting to ask the happy hubby to pick up some hummus for me at Costco because I love pretzel sticks dipped in hummus. (And yes, I have been known to eat that for breakfast when the mood strikes me, ha ha!).
John showed up about 5 minutes after I completed my attempt with a friend in tow. It''s a darn good thing they didn''t arrive 5 minutes earlier to witness my awkward attempt. It would have been quite a show for them though!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have given up with those balls, alas I kept rolling off...
25.gif
Can''t win ''em all.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
just got back from lunch with greg, the sandwich place was yummy, they make all their sourdough bread fresh and it''s YUM. but it''s totally like a version of the soup nazi. they only have 12 things on the menu, they don''t add avocado, don''t do 1/2 sandwiches, don''t do anything extra, don''t make anything custom, it''s exactly what''s on the menu and that''s it. anyway i got the spicy pepper turkey with swiss on sourdough, it was super yummy, i only ate half since they were huge and took the rest home. and we shared a bag of bbq chips and greg had potato salad.

i have been feeling really weird and not myself today, kind of jittery and cold and heavy head and heavy legs, wonder if this cold is trying to turn into a flu and get me another way!! anyway i hope i feel better later because i want to hit the gym!

nejarb, don''t worry you will find time to work out. i go at night, directly after work on pre-determined days and that''s IT. there''s no ''oh im tired'' or ''oh this'' or whatever, unless i am really feeling sick or something otherwise i go. it''s easier to have a schedule that i can stick to without having to worry about it and think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results