shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 29th Jan till 4th Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2007 9:15:11 PM
Author: Mara
rod that's sad about your employee but it makes sense...mentally changing can be a huge hurdle. hopefully he won't have to have anything too dire happen before he wakes up for real. your experience IS rare, you know that right? most people don't have the strength to do a full 180 to become healthy...and really stick with it long term... as a life change that they actually ENJOY not suffer through.

just took portia for a 1m walk around the block before dinner...and i think we are taking the light rail to dinner which is like 3 blocks from the restaurant so we'll get a little brisk walk in there too (sometimes it's nice to have to walk after dinner!!)...and ate 1/2 a fiber muffin. i still feel this cold trying to get me...argh. hopefully i can continue to fight it off this wkd.

have a great night everyone and i agree with TG...congrats on a fabulous week of eating well and working out!! time for some fun..hehee.

oh and lucy...my HRM is a polar which is one of the most popular brands out there...my dad has one, my husband has one, i have one...i think mine is an F6 ladies model. they have a few diff models, mine is a pretty basic one, it tracks my workouts, my heart rate, my calories burned, and it can also upload them i think to an excel spreadsheet or something but i never use that. it also has a weekly compilation that it shows me, aka how many calories burned for the week, time i worked out etc. but really i don't use it all the time, i found for the most part that the calories matched with the machines...and so i got tired of wearing it on the machines at the gym (i dont like constricting things on my chest)...so now i only wear it when i walk or do outdoor activities where i don't have any sort of real idea what i burn without it. anyway hope this helps, i think my version was $80-90 which isn't bad at all and i have read polar's are one of the most highly recommended. welcome!
Thanks Mara, and I guess my complete life makeover is not the norm, but I'm oh so glad I did and I just couldn't go back to the unhealthy Rod of years gone by. I'll continue to offer support to my employee, but I'm less convinced it will help him.

And Lucy, my HRM is also a Polar, which as Mara commented is one of the most popular. It works well for heart rate, but the biggest reason I bought mine was to use it to measure how far I was running. Anyway, the Polar system is quite good for either heart rate or distance.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I'm home and I was *realtively* good. Becuase of my 3 Muskateers I didn't have any other snacks in the afternoon and even passed on the bread when we got to dinner. But I did have what I estimate to be about a cup of fired calamari with marinara sauce and then the roasted chicken and potatoes with lemon, garlic and rosemary. Two glasses of wine and then two chocolate chip cookies at the party. So overall not exactly a train wreck, LOL.

I think I will try to work out before I have to pick up my client tomorrow, but if not then definitely afterwards. And the happy hubby will make dinner so it sould be a good food day too.

Rod, sorry your employee is not exactly *motivated,* but maybe he will get with the program. Keep at him a bit and I bet he'll come around.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay so we decided to walk to the restaurant tonite instead of taking the light rail partially there, it was only about a 20 min walk so about a mile each way and it was chilly out but not too bad so we walked briskly. that was the positive part, haha.

when we got to this place, which is kind of like a casual hawaiian tiki lounge with a typically casual cool ambiance...it was like a college frat party gone wild. lots of big parties, a band etc. and the macadamia crab cake which my friend LOVES is gone from the menu. so i decided to share the ahi poke and some calamari with greg and get the ahi tuna burger. big mistake! the burger ended up being done medium well, super gross to me as a seared tuna lover. i had asked for medium rare which is basically just a sear about 1/4" thick. so i ended up eating like a few bites of the tuna itself (after one bite of the whole burger was seriously unsatisfactory with old iceberg lettuce and tomato, ugh)...and then i just gave up and ate basically a hodgepodge of ahi poke (at least this is awesome there which is why it amazes me they can't make a good ahi tuna burger!), calamari, steak fries, and bites of greg's macaroni and cheese, his coleslaw, and a few bites of his garlic cheese bread. i just basically picked at a bunch of the things on the table. but totally not happy about the whole scenario AND to top it off, i looked outside into the party scene just in time to see some winner upchucking his appetizers and drinks all over the patio right in front of us. awesome.
14.gif
when the waitress suggested dessert we just paid and hightailed it outta there.

greg loved his dish...a beef brisket and rib combo with mac and cheese, coleslaw and garlic bread, but we won't be going back anytime soon unless it's solely for drinks (their fruity drinks are awesome actually) and basic beef/rib dishes which are harder to ruin...and we sit well away from the patio scene, lol. so we walked home...and now we're going to watch the rest of the da vinci code and share the rest of the choco croissant from earlier this week. so while the dinner was a disaster, at least i got a 2m walk in that i wasn't expecting, lol. feel pretty good about that !! and choco croissant of course.
3.gif

DJ your dinner sounds way better!! tomorrow night we might go up to SF and do something fun, we'll see...after tonite i think i deserve a REALLY yummy meal.
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been singing 70s songs and remembering my Farah Fawcett hair (with the wings that I used to hairspray so strongly that they would literally lift in entirety when a wind would blow from behind) ever since Ellen and Lorelei started that 70s thing the other day - I can't stop - it is driving my fiancee crazy!

Hee hee - I'M ALL OUT OF LOVE!!!!!!!! Was that the song Dee??? My Hubby doesn't like Air Supply, he thinks they are uncool.
14.gif

I had stiff lacquered Farrah flicks too, hair needed to be rigid to keep the all important flicky bits in place! Don't forget the Charlie perfume Lisa - or Babe
40.gif
!

Aviance
Smitty
Stevie B
Kiku
Xanadu
Cachet

were all favourites!
3.gif

I did 45 mins on the treadmill yesterday, have upped the speed a bit as I feel I need to work harder. Later today I will aim for 45 mins on the elliptical.

Welcome Lucy - feel free to join in if you wish
35.gif

Aurelia - I Google free avatar sites and save the ones I like!

Rod - do keep at him to change his ways, hopefully he will realize what he needs to do and what a golden opportunity he has in having you to help him.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well yesterday I ate like a horse-literally!! I ate over 2000 calories as I ate out for lunch and dinner-it was definitely worth it though as everything was delicious!
I had a ham and cheese melt on rosemary focaccia bread for lunch and for dinner we went to a tapas bar. We shared a spanish omelette, breads and dips, lots of little savory things on sticks, like little bits of potato, prawns etc and a paella. I also had a couple of glasses of wine and sangria! I''d better get my ass to the gym today. D''s parents are taking me out tonight so its going to be another night of nice food and my friend is having her birthday in the tapas bar again tomorrow.
What would you guys order off this menu as a healthy choice? I was going to have the spanish omelette again but not sure if thats a good choice or a bad choice?
www.havana.ie

Thanks!

that''s a pity about your colleage Rod. My parents are big as well and it seems to be very hard for them to get the determination to try and lose the weight. I''ve tried getting them interested in it as well, but unfortunately if someone isnt interested in doing it for themselves, the wont do it at all. I commend you for trying to help him though-you''ve been a good friend for him

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
bee, at the tapas bar that i go to, there are some healthy/low cal things on the menu--skewered grilled chicken breast pieces, roasted beets, marinated mushrooms, goat cheese baked in tomato sauce served w/ pan fried toast (just kidding about the last one! but this is one of my favorite things there!). maybe they''ll make the omlette w/ egg whites or without cheese or both. that''s VERY low cal. how fun! i love my tapas bar but it''s sooo loud that we only go when it''s nice to sit outside, which in houston is about 5 nights a year.

my mushroom barley soup turned out okay, but i made some weird and unnecessary modifications and also the flavor of the chicken stock stood out to much. i think i''ll try it w/ just water or w/ mushroom stock. i''ll post it after i perfect it.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2007 4:28:09 AM
Author: Lorelei

Hee hee - I'M ALL OUT OF LOVE!!!!!!!! Was that the song Dee??? My Hubby doesn't like Air Supply, he thinks they are uncool.
14.gif

Actually it was "Making Love out of Nothing at All" that came to mind (although I think "All out of Love" was a much bigger hit!). And your hubby is right, they are--and even almost WERE at the time!--*uncool*, but I love 'em anyway.
9.gif

Well my left over chicken and potatos just resulted in a 331 cal breakfast, but it was yumnmy and I'm off to the gym in half an hour so I don't care.

Mara, even if your meal had been *fabulous* last night I'm sure that little scene out on the patio last night would have ruined it for you. Yuck! Hopefully you'll have a better time tonight.

Bee, if I go back and look at my chart over the past month I've had some 2000+ cal days too, but sometimes it just happens. It sounds like you're doing fine anyway, and you at least got to enjoy what you ate!

And nejarb, too bad the soup didn't turn out. I love mushroom barley soup and have the happy hubby all geared up to make some when you decide that the recipe is perfected. Yum!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

I didn't get to to work out yesterday and today will be more of the same. My MIL passed away last night. We recieved a phone call at abouy 9 am from the facility where she lives that her blood pressure was dangerously low, she was in a comatose state and we should come immediately. Everyone who needed to had the opportunity to say goodbye and John and I were with her when she passed away, very peacefully.

Foodwise was great until dinner, when I realized I was starving and we ordered a pizza, I had three slices. I am such a stress eater. Que sera sera.

I think my workouts are out for the rest of the weekend as there is much to do, hopefully things will be calm enough that I can moake dinner at home so I don't overeat the rest of the weekend.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

~K

ETA: I managed to stay under calories, a bright light!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im really sorry to hear about your MIL Kimberly.

Thanks nejarb and Deejay. The tapas bar is really tasty-I might try the chicken skewers-although the omelette is very tasty! Enjoy the weekend everyone!!

Im just back from the gym and did my half hour on the cross trainer and I ran some laps on the indoor track so weekend is off to a good start

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kim, I am so sorry for you and John''s loss.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Sad news indeed Kimberly. I am very sorry for your loss.

kind regards, Sharon

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimberly, I''m so sorry.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much, everyone. It's been a rough few weeks between her death as well as my grandfather's.

She was a tough lady who fought corageously to live with one of the most evil illnesses I've ever encountered, Alzheimer's. I am so thrilled, for John's sake, that through 7 years of illness she never forgot his name and that he was the one who took care of her. We believe she is in a much better place now, with her sister's, brother, parents and husband. The sadness is only in the void she's left behind. She was John's only living relative; he is so young to have no living blood relatives.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Kim, so sorry to hear about that.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimberly I am so sorry to hear your sad news.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 12:03:22 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Thanks so much, everyone. It''s been a rough few weeks between her death as well as my grandfather''s.

She was a tough lady who fought corageously to live with one of the most evil illnesses I''ve ever encountered, Alzheimer''s. I am so thrilled, for John''s sake, that through 7 years of illness she never forgot his name and that he was the one who took care of her. We believe she is in a much better place now, with her sister''s, brother, parents and husband. The sadness is only in the void she''s left behind. She was John''s only living relative; he is so young to have no living blood relatives.
It is, isn''t it? I watched my MIL pass away from that as well, and fear my mother is in the beginning stages. I really hope they make a major breakthrough soon, as it''s just heartbreaking to watch a loved one with it.

My thoughts go out to you and your hubby. Thank goodness he has you.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
kimberly i'm sorry to hear about your MIL though sounds like it's been a some time in coming, at least now she has found some peace. wishing you and your family continued strength in the up and coming events and days ahead. john is very lucky he has you.

anyone considering an omelette for breakfast out at a restaurant, definitely ask for it with egg whites only. i almost prefer my stuff that way now. and you can ask for less cheese (i don't do no cheese because let's face it, how is that fun? hahha..and at least cheese is a protein!)...i love spanish omelettes with cheese, olives, onions, salsa..yum! and if you are getting toast or something, do wheat or multigrain or something other than just white or sourdough. multi-grain pancakes are typically a good option...if they have a sugar free syrup even better. if you get the potatoes, eat only a bit of them if they are fried etc. you can totally not overdo breakfast if you just think about it. i realize bee's place is a dinner tapas kinda thing but just figured i'd throw that out there. i have found most places really accommodating about egg white omelettes.

so speaking of breakfast...i had my 2nd cube of TJ's frozen steel cut oatmeal this morning with 2 pieces of multigrain toast...just want to reiterate how YUM this stuff is. i am so going back to get more at some point soon. they have 2 cubes in a pack...so i'll have to get like 3 packs, haha. the bummer is that you have to store them in the freezer, but i will just take them out of the packaging because the shrink-wrapped cubes are easy to stick in small places but the box itself is not. and what i really like about this oatmeal is that it's filling and it's a large portion for 150 cals. it's much larger than regular rolled oatmeal 150 cal portions and i am all about larger portions for less cals, lol. i just add another teaspoon or so of brown sugar and it's good to go and it takes 5 minutes to heat up in the micro.

it's a nice sunny day out so i am going to gear up for a walk at some point...greg said to think about what i want to do tonite as he ran off to a rehearsal, so i'll have to figure out what sounds fun for us..lol DJ re the whole scene on the patio, you are probably right but that just sealed the grossness deal for me big time. bah!

have a wonderful saturday everyone, enjoy!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 12:37:56 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 2/3/2007 12:03:22 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Thanks so much, everyone. It''s been a rough few weeks between her death as well as my grandfather''s.

She was a tough lady who fought corageously to live with one of the most evil illnesses I''ve ever encountered, Alzheimer''s. I am so thrilled, for John''s sake, that through 7 years of illness she never forgot his name and that he was the one who took care of her. We believe she is in a much better place now, with her sister''s, brother, parents and husband. The sadness is only in the void she''s left behind. She was John''s only living relative; he is so young to have no living blood relatives.
It is, isn''t it? I watched my MIL pass away from that as well, and fear my mother is in the beginning stages. I really hope they make a major breakthrough soon, as it''s just heartbreaking to watch a loved one with it.

My thoughts go out to you and your hubby. Thank goodness he has you.
Ellen, it is. She knew she had lost her memory, that was the hardest part. She spent the last couple of weeks talking to her deceased relatives and in a total state of delusion. She lost her ability to feed herself, take herself to the restroom, put herself to bed; in essence she lost her dignity.

Perhaps I should have started a different thread to discuss this, I just felt selfish doing so (that sounds so strange but it just seemed a bit self centered).

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I am going to try something a bit different to mix up my routine....I am going to try alternating days with the treadmill and elliptical, then every other day do 20 mins of dumbells on treadmill days, so 40 mins treadmill cardio, 20 mins weights, so 1 hour total per day on weight days, 45 mins to 1 hour elliptical cardio non weight days. I will try this for 3 weeks and see how I get on.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 12:49:47 PM
Author: Lorelei
I think I am going to try something a bit different to mix up my routine....I am going to try alternating days with the treadmill and elliptical, then every other day do 20 mins of dumbells on treadmill days, so 40 mins treadmill cardio, 20 mins weights, so 1 hour total per day on weight days, 45 mins to 1 hour elliptical cardio non weight days. I will try this for 3 weeks and see how I get on.
that sounds like a good idea lorelei, keep us posted on results.

it''s so funny because i notice how my body changes slightly based on what type of exercise i am doing. like now that i have been doing more flat outside walking along with a bit of elliptical as i ramp back up, my thighs are actually leaner...which is a bit interesting. my butt is not as flat as it was when i was doing the elliptical like a madwoman. it''s a bit more rounded and perky again, lol. i actually like this shape i have now, i wish there was a recipe stapled somewhere that i could just pluck off and say ''oh this is how to keep myself looking the way i am...''...well maybe not stapled since that could be painful, how about taped. hahaha.

also since i have been doing less arm work as i let my stomach and trunk heal up...my arms are still thin but they aren''t as defined which isn''t a horribly bad thing, i have long arms and if they get too defined they look kind of really athletic and sinewy. so i might want to watch the arm workouts too in the future.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimberly, my sincere condolances to you and John and the entire family. Biggest hugs outgoing to both of you.

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
My sincere condolences to you and your husband Kimberly. I am sorry to hear of your loss.

Mer

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much everyone.

It''s been a hectic day, which means not a lot of time for eating, good for me!!!

John is making us pizza for the superbowl tomorrow, so I''ll be making up for the calories then.

Keep up all of the fantastic workouts, guys. You''re doing terrific!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
so i totally spaced out and missed my noon hair appt, WAH. i book these 8 weeks in advance because my gal is so crowded. so now i have to go next friday after work and sit there for 3 hours on a friday, ugh. and i have to pay a $50 noshow fee which sucks for me, but also it sucks for her that i bailed because it was a 3 hour appt and so she lost out on a lot more than $50...she could have easily called someone else to take my spot and made up the $$ today. so i feel guilty, i totally cannot believe i missed it, i have never forgotten a hair appt!

but while i was missing my appt i was out walking, hahaha. so at least i was somewhat productive instead. i went for a 50 minute walk around the neighborhoods and burned 450 calories..woo hoo. i was aiming for 350 since i had done that extra walking last nite and didn't need to overachieve today but once i am out walking, sometimes i tend to understimate where i am, and how long it takes to get home, etc. but i aimed to do a 45 min walk so i was very close mentally. so i already hit my cal burn goal for this week, so tomorrow's workout i will take it easy and just do about 300 cals and give my body a little break.

came home, had a fiber one honey and chocolate bar (yum)...greg and i are going to the store soon to get the fixins for grandma's famous layered dip for tomorrow's party...our contribution. and i am going to make a dessert that i can take ... the hope is that if there are a bunch of random desserts that don't really interest me... and one that i like and is more 'healthy' then i will hopefully eat mine (haha but not sure i will stick with it, maybe i'll do both!). i have been wanting to try this dessert recipe for a while...it's the hungrygirl recipe for pumpkin chocolate muffins...all you do is mix a devil's food cake mix and canned pumpkin and NOTHING else. she says it's super chocolatey and moist and yummy...so i figure why not try it. each muffin is like 180 cals i think. and pumpkin has fiber, so bonus. i thought about frosting them but not sure with what so i might just flake some confectioners sugar on them or something.

we're going to SF for dinner tonite...whee! we're going to this place we both love...i typically get the curry roasted mussels and the crusty french bread for dipping...and their brown bag french fries which come with lemon aoili. yum! we're usually so full we don't even get dessert.

anyhow hope everyone is having a good weekend...!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 5:49:11 PM
Author: Mara
i have to pay a $50 noshow fee
OUCH!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a good thing I worked out this morning because if I had put it off until afternoon, like I was tempted to do, I wouldn't have made it. My one hour outing with my clients at 1:00 turned into a 5-1/2 hour adventure. We wrote a contract, so I'm definitely not complaining, but I was so hungry by about 4:00 that I was ready to eat one of them!

The happy hubby is upstairs making some chicken dish with olives and who only know what else out of some Mediterranean cookbook that he just got. Smells WONDERFUL but I get the feeling it will be a while before it's actually ready.
8.gif

This morning I did my usual elliptical hour but I cranked up the incline to 10 and kept the resistance at 8. 614 cals. It is interesting to see what changing one or the other variables does to my heartrate. But virtue of just knocking up the incline from 8 to 10 I added easily 5-10 beats a minute to my heartrate but I ended up burning fewer cals becuase I didn't want to get my heart rate over 160, which would have easily happened if I had stepped up the pace any more than I was already doing.

I need my hair cut too, but my highlights are good for a few more weeks so I'm trying to decide if I can hold off on the cut for a little while or if I'm going to end up with two separate appointments. Going there once is bad enough, especially now that my spring business has kicked in, but going twice in a few weeks is a genuite PITA.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i know ellen, fun times. but hey my boo boo..i should be glad it wasn't like 50% of the appt or something. basically she probably had to sit there for 3 hours twiddling her thumbs. (maybe not and she called someone else right away, which is a much more positive scenario!).

congrats on the contract DJ! but yeah 5.5 hours, yikes...that can be a drag. i hear ya on varying workouts. sometimes it's good just to get other muscles involved or make the ones working work harder when they get 'used' to something. did you ever say why you try to keep your heart rate at 160 max? is that your target range? mine is up to 170 or something, but i have gone into high 170's before when feeling good during the workout...and i have not had any issues, but i know it's kind of a personal thing, i try to base it on how i am feeling...greg runs at over his max most of the time, he has to struggle to keep it low and sometimes he doesn't want to. not that i am saying 'sure go crazy' and want you to pass out or anything
6.gif
but if you are feeling good during the workout, i would venture to say don't worry about going over the max a bit sometimes...just pay attn to how you feel.

one 2 hour nap later i feel groggy but more perky at the same time, is that possible? my sore throat is still trying to get me...so i appreciated the nap... and then i had 1/2 a bowl of honey bunches of oats...and greg ate the rest. we are heading to dinner soon but of course after a long nap you both feel really weird...i hate that!!

anyhow have a great night everyone.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So Ladies who loved Farah, I have this image of you all with the huge waves of blond hair and looking at yourselves in the mirror and feeling so Farah''ish. LOL. I''m truly hopeful that you outgrew that phase long ago. I feel badly for people who are stuck in a decade. You seem them all over the place. There are still Farah wannabe''s, but they are old and while it may have looked ''hot'' a long time ago, it just look''s sad and pathetic now. And then there are the men who are still in the ''70''s and they have hair that still cover''s their ears. They too look sad. There was a guy in Tampa who must have lived at the Starbucks we frequented the most and he was still locked in the 50''s (slicked back hair, Cigs in his white t-shirt sleeve, leather jacket and all) only he''s in his 70''s and he just looked positively rediculous. So enjoy your memories ladies, but please don''t actually relive the memory, unless of course you enjoy being laughed at!!
23.gif
38.gif

We had the exact day we intended to have. I did sleep in this morning. Actually later than I planned. I slept until 9:00 AM. It was just wonderful. And when I woke up, I had Sakai (the amazing, she''s completely healthy now burmese kitty) laying next to me just purring. We really had a special moment. Then we had coffee (burr ground and brewed in our new Capresso Coffee maker), a scone and a fresh bowl of fruit. We had our cars washed, we ate a nice healthy lunch, bought some birthday card, and then went to the gym for a really productive 3 hour wokout. We really mixed it up today, which must have been good because I''m actually sore tonight.

Then we came home changed and went to a fantastic restaurant walking to our new (hopefully) condo downtown. The restaurant was just superb. I started with Lobster Rockefeller. I wish you had been there Mara, it was absolutely orgasmic. Large chucks of Maine Lobster, over fresh spinach, onion, bacon and broiled in the Rockefeller cheese sauce. I actually had to take a piece of bread and ''sop-up'' every bit of sauce in the dish. Then I had the beef special of the evening, which was rib-eye but it was amazingly cooked. It was crispy on the outside and perfectly rare (as requested) on the inside. The sides were grilled fresh spinach in garlic and butter and some Lyon Potatoe casserole that was just incredible. For desert we split a lemon tort that was so creamy and tart/sweet. This restaurant is a real keeper. We do find that the restaurants in Raleigh are really good.

So sorry your dining experience was just ok Mara. It''s disappointing to have memories of a great meal at a restaurant only to return to a mediocre meal and the atmosphere sounded a little to college like. At least the walk was a good way to burn extra calories before and after the meal. We took a long walk after our dinner too!

It''s really cold in Raleigh. They say we''re going to see temperaturs next week that are colder than they''ve seen in a few years. Of course it would come for the first winter we''ve experienced in over a decade. As long as the bitter cold isn''t accompanied by freezing precipitation, we''ll be OK. So far, bad weather isn''t anticipated, just cold temps.

Tomorrow, we''re going to check out a park we''ve heard is a great place to run. I haven''t had a run since we moved to Raleigh, and I really miss being able to just step out my front door and run up to 8 miles if I want to. So, while it''s still too cold for this Florida transplant, I do want to have a place I feel safe running when the weather warms a bit. Then, we''ll head to the gym for another workout. Tomorrow, in addition to our normal routine, we''ll add extra core training, such as planks and 100 push-ups on an uneven surface (really good for core and chest toning!).

Hope you all had a great Saturday and are looking forward to a nice Sunday.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh rod your dinner sounds divine!!! so yummy!

we actually had a great dinner tonite too, whee! we went to this fave place in SF...and we shared the crab cakes and then i got the mussel stew in a coconut pineapple curry sauce and a sourdough loaf to dip...and then we shared their brown bag fries which comes with a lemon aioli..yum. greg had the cioppino stew which was pretty tasty. typically we are too full for dessert, but i think it''s because we typically also get a salad but we didn''t this time...so we had room for dessert and coffee this time...they had a bunch of new desserts on the list, we got the rum coconut layer cake...SO DIVINE. omg...easily one of the best desserts we''ve had in a while. and their coffee is great too. i told greg that the dessert easily made up for last nite''s fiasco, hehe.

tomorrow i''m hitting up the gym and actually will probably do 400-500 cals because we''re going to a superbowl party in the afternoon and there is going to be lots of stuff there, including a 7 layer dip that i am bringing (not healthy yet not unhealthy!)...tamales, sangria, some dips etc. so i figure as much as i can burn at the gym tomorrow will offset some of the food, haha.

rod i am so happy to hear that sakai is all improved as well! i know what you mean about having a moment with your pet sometimes in the mornings...portia sometimes cuddles on my pillow and when you wake up she''s there looking at you and you can face snuggle with her for a while, ehhe.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Kimberly, I am so sorry for your loss. I know that is a difficult disease - I think it is actually harder on the families than the person suffering from it because although sometimes they will float in and out of realizing they are losing their memory, generally they don''t know (and when they do know, they keep forgetting every time they realize it) it is the family that is fully cognizant the entire time and has to watch it happen. I hope you are able to support your husband through this difficult time. I know I am the type that always wants to help someone going through something (like you with your husband) and it can make you feel really helpless when you can''t ''fix it'' to make it better. It is so painful to watch someone you love going through pain.

I hope it is not rude of me after such a heavy subject, as this seems so superficial compared to what Kimberly is going through, but...
The 70s reminds me of roller skating. I had white skates with nice pink wheels and little purple pom poms on my skates. We used to do the Hokey Pokey in the middle of the rink, and try to do the limbo contests on wheels. It was always really cool if you could skate backwards, because then you could couples skate. I saw Peter Frampton in concert a few years ago and I was like "whoa!". He looked kinda old..
32.gif

Rod, you will be relieved to know that I got rid of my hairspray and my curling iron, and no longer have wings! I used to take hours getting those wings just right before firmly cementing them in place with a can of hairspray.

Did anyone else wear those ankle high socks with little pompoms on the heel? They would be white socks and then the pom poms could be like red, or blue, or black, etc. Did those socks have a name?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results