shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 26th March till 1st April

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, congrats!
36.gif
Mind boggling hourly wage = lots of new bling!?
9.gif

I haven''t walked the last couple days, but I have been running from morning til night. We''re having a shower tomorrow for my nephews fiance, and family is coming in. It''s my favorite BIL''s bday, so I''m having everyone over tomorrow night for a party. Nothing like 25 people coming over to make you attend to things.... Plus I''m a nut about parties, I love making them special, which is great, but a lot of work. So I''m getting my workout anyway.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2007 7:26:01 AM
Author: Ellen
Mara, congrats!
36.gif
9.gif

I haven't walked the last couple days, but I have been running from morning til night. We're having a shower tomorrow for my nephews fiance, and family is coming in. It's my favorite BIL's bday, so I'm having everyone over tomorrow night for a party. Nothing like 25 people coming over to make you attend to things.... Plus I'm a nut about parties, I love making them special, which is great, but a lot of work. So I'm getting my workout anyway.

= 3.5 cts...
31.gif
31.gif

What are you doing for grubs Ellen for the party?
3.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2007 7:33:42 AM
Author: Lorelei

Mara, congrats!
36.gif
9.gif

I haven''t walked the last couple days, but I have been running from morning til night. We''re having a shower tomorrow for my nephews fiance, and family is coming in. It''s my favorite BIL''s bday, so I''m having everyone over tomorrow night for a party. Nothing like 25 people coming over to make you attend to things.... Plus I''m a nut about parties, I love making them special, which is great, but a lot of work. So I''m getting my workout anyway.

= 3.5 cts...
31.gif
31.gif

3.gif
LOL! Just maybe...
9.gif

I got lucky there! They used to live here, but he got a promotion/transfer many years ago to another state several hours away. So he is craving food from a resturant they went to a lot that is known for their salad dressing, of all things. It IS to die for (kinda like a caesar but a bit different), so he wanted fried chicken and salad with their house dressing, which I''ll pick up Sat. afternoon after the shower. I also ordered several loaves of fresh Vienna bread from a local bakery. Made him his Angel Food cake, and got him his favorite Gin.
11.gif
9.gif

I''m really excited. Last year we had a new concrete driveway (which is in the back of our home) poured and added a patio, bought a beautiful long glass top table and chairs . It looks so nice (if I do say so myself), and this will be the first big party with all of it. The weather has been unseasonably warm, so we''ll get to be outside. I''ve bought all kinds of candles, and dishes to match the brown glass table top. I feel like a little kid.
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy friday everyone:

Rod- have fun on your last day- woo hoo for you. We drove 15 hours straight from tampa to nashville back in janurary with a 4 and 3 year old in the back seat, so if I can do it, you can definitley too it and I agree you will be so grateful to just be home. you can get up the next morning and go to your favorite starbucks and your favorite bench
1.gif

mara: very cool about the job, continued well wishes

ellen: i have those days too where life just gets in the way of doing anything, you''ll get back into your routine soon.

So, i got up at 6:00 to walk Zoe. My legs feel better than yesterday but are still sore. I can handle the cardio side of the workouts okay but my muscles just aren''t used to being pushed. it''s a good feeling but I''m not sure if I should take today off or not. I''m thinking of just heading to the gym with a small goal of 20-30min and then see how I feel. it''s better than doing nothing. I''m looking forward to taking an advanced step class tomorrow. I used to do step all the time in the early 90''s and even taught for a while so I hope it''s like riding a bike and I can just jump back in.

I hope everyone has a great day..

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It all sounds wonderful and that must be so exciting having your new patio area etc to christen!
3.gif
Make sure you generously partake of all the grubs, you deserve it and can afford to!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2007 7:56:14 AM

Date: 3/30/2007 7:33:42 AM
Author: Lorelei

Mara, congrats!
36.gif
9.gif

= 3.5 cts...
31.gif
31.gif

3.gif
LOL! Just maybe...
9.gif

I got lucky there! They used to live here, but he got a promotion/transfer many years ago to another state several hours away. So he is craving food from a resturant they went to a lot that is known for their salad dressing, of all things. It IS to die for (kinda like a caesar but a bit different), so he wanted fried chicken and salad with their house dressing, which I''ll pick up Sat. afternoon after the shower. I also ordered several loaves of fresh Vienna bread from a local bakery. Made him his Angel Food cake, and got him his favorite Gin.
11.gif
9.gif

I''m really excited. Last year we had a new concrete driveway (which is in the back of our home) poured and added a patio, bought a beautiful long glass top table and chairs . It looks so nice (if I do say so myself), and this will be the first big party with all of it. The weather has been unseasonably warm, so we''ll get to be outside. I''ve bought all kinds of candles, and dishes to match the brown glass table top. I feel like a little kid.
9.gif
Yummmm. What time should we all be there????!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2007 9:10:39 AM
Author: Rod

Yummmm. What time should we all be there????!!!
LOL! That would be 6 Central Rod, and I''d love to have you all.
2.gif

Honestly, nothing makes me happier than being with those I love the most and sharing good food, good drinks, and good laughs. It just doesn''t get any better.
1.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2007 9:27:13 AM
It just doesn''t get any better.
1.gif

Sure it does -- when SOMEONE ELSE cleans up!!!
2.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Morning All!

Congrats on the great offer, Mara, sounds like things are going to work out just fine.

I didn''t get a sub job today, so i''ll be home plowing through more school and getting a workout in. Not such a bad deal. I''m still trying to beat this stupid cold (it''s been a week and a 1/2, ugh!).

John made the best chicken tacos last night, I''m not sure what he did to them, but he gave me a calorie count of 400, and I was like "no way, these are too good to be low-cal." I''m not sure what dinner plans are for this weekend yet. A friend was going to come over but I haven''t heard from her so I don''t want to make any plans until i get the final word. We''ll probably go out one night, as usual.

Hope everyone is having a great Friday.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear you''re still fighting that cold Kimberly. Charlie is just now getting over his cold, which lingered for nearly 3 weeks. Not wanting to bring myself bad luck, I managed to escape it completely this year. I DO believe that working out as hard as I do has strengthened my immune system and helped me avoid catching a cold.

Happy Last Day Of Work To ME TODAY!!! I''m not really doing much of anything. The big bosses are gone and I''ve gone through my desk and collected my personal things and have cleaned up my mailbox. My recruiters are taking me to lunch and after that, I''ll probably hand around a few minutes and then leave. Our Bombay cat who has all sorts of digestive problems is at the vet this morning having an ultrasound (way expensive too). I will be able to pick her up after lunch and take her home which will be a good thing.

Oodles of Money, eh Mara!!! What a delightful issue to have to deal with!! Congratulations and I can''t think of anyone more deserving of a great offer than you!! I hope you and Greg celebrate this weekend.

Having Sushi at Mura tonight. I will miss Mura, but our favorite Sushi place in Tampa is called Yoko''s and it''s quite good and I''ve missed it much since leaving.

Hope you''re all having a great Friday.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Last Day of Work Rod!!!
emotion-19.gif

Yeah, this cold basically just plain sucks. I''m pretty tired of not feeling well.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

TGIF everyone!

Mara, you job offer sounds fab!! Rod--hope your last day at work is all good!! Sorry Kim your cold seems to be hanging on--a drag for sure. And for everyone else who are exercising and "losing pounds and inches" good for you!!

Things are as ever here--but I getting winter fatigue and am therefore envious of all you who are living Spring already--sheesh. Enough snow already!!!

This weekend I intend to have butter chicken--fab take out and have not had it in what seems ages.....and maybe champagne too since I have been rather "dry" lately; heck why not?????? Life is short.....LOL All things in moderation!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmm butter chicken!! my fave. with garlic naan and a mango lassi and i''m all set. we haven''t had it in forever either though, there are just too many other splurge dinners we end up thinking about and somehow indian falls by the wayside! also i have had a few really good frozen chicken tikka''s or masala dinners recently with some basmati so i think they kind of tide me over lol.

thanks for the congrats everyone, i told my mom this morning via phone when she called, and she''s pretty excited. i am too but i was just waking up so i am sure she thought i was a wacko since i was so mellow when i told her, she was like ''thats good right?!'' haha..YES its fabulous. hehee. another great thing is that this company keeps you if they like you, so this could be the start of something long-term wonderful i hope. i am sure they will work me like a dog but at least i will be getting paid for it. my mom said ''oh you may not be able to work out when you want'' schedule wise, and i said ''thats okay i will just go after work even if it''s later.''...she doesn''t realize i am a nut about scheduling my workouts in like i eat dinner. hehe.

plus yeah i am already thinking about new fall bling hehe. and maybe a new bbag. oh the possibilities. but anyway, trying not to count my chickens, i''m just very excited. and after another week i think i will be mentally ready to start for sure. i''m a little apprehensive about saying ''oh by the way in a month and a half we''re taking 1.5 weeks to go to the east coast'' but as greg pointed out, it''s a trip already planned and i won''t get paid then anyway! plus i have a laptop so i can work on emergencies if necessary. it''s more a working vacation anyway what with all the family visits we have planned.

so anyway, last nite ended the day at 1300 cals even after one last 30 cal truffle. hehe. this morning i had another egg mcmuffin with egg whites, bacon, cheddar on a 100 cal 8g fiber thomas english muffin. i really love this breakfast!! it hits all the right spots and feels like i shouldn''t be eating it but it''s good for me. i love foods like that. today for lunch i have the TJ spicy habanero egg white salad sandwich planned but i might make another turkey and avocado turkey wrap like yesterday because it was just so good. plus again it has all the elements of the right type of meal. i am really trying to give my body more of what it might be wanting, rather than just eating low-cal things with not much nutrient. i don''t want it to fall apart on me!!! i am 32 after all...lol.

happy last day of work rod, how excited are you?!?! i remember mine, i was pretty darn excited lol! kimberly sorry to hear that cold is still hanging on, that is like when i got sick what a month ago, it lingered for a while, so frustrating!

i''m meeting my mom at the movies this afternoon, then visiting the gym for some self-torture, then we are going to dinner tonite...but the place is up in the air again, we''re not sure we are feeling seafood, hehee. we''ll see. anyhow hope everyone is having a FAB friday!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2007 10:11:13 AM
Author: Dee*Jay

2.gif
LOL! Yer right.
9.gif

Rod, enjoy your day. I can imagine your relief, I''ve quit 2 jobs because of psycho bosses. They really should come with a warning.
20.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2007 1:09:26 PM

Date: 3/30/2007 10:11:13 AM
Author: Dee*Jay

2.gif
LOL! Yer right.
9.gif

Rod, enjoy your day. I can imagine your relief, I''ve quit 2 jobs because of psycho bosses. They really should come with a warning.
20.gif
Man, isn''t that the truth!!! I laughed out loud at that Ellen!! Thanks

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I had a decent workout, I''m splitting it up though, so I exercise today, tomorrow and Sunday, so I burned 300 calories instead of my normal 500, but I''m tirerd of being sick and am hoping that the moderate activity broken up will help me somehow.

We''re going out to eat tonight and having company tomorrow night, and I have a lot of work to finish up, this is my last week of the class I''m currently enrolled in. I think I''ll take it a bit easy this afternoon, do some school, run a few errands but nothing to exciting.

Rod: enjoy your last meal at Mura.

Happy Friday everyone!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Friday. Congrats to Mara AND Rod - both for good reason!

Kimberly, I do hope you feel better.
15.gif

I was DERAILED last night! Came home after my 1.5 hour skate and had my leftover chicken and rice...only to be told by my husband that we were called out to dinner with a large group to Buca di Peppo.
23.gif

I was in the mood for wine anyway, so I managed to do OK...2 glasses of wine, a tiny bit of salad, 2 bites of spaghetti and a small serve of the seafood pasta. I passed up calamari, pizza and a host of other things. BUT I had to have 3 bites of the tiramisu.

So there went my low cal day. At least I didn''t blow it out of the water since I was so low cal before I went out. I''ll have to go on a walk today to make it up! Pilates today and then a night out with the girls. Oh no............
39.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2007 3:42:07 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Happy Friday. Congrats to Mara AND Rod - both for good reason!

Kimberly, I do hope you feel better.
15.gif

I was DERAILED last night! Came home after my 1.5 hour skate and had my leftover chicken and rice...only to be told by my husband that we were called out to dinner with a large group to Buca di Peppo.
23.gif

I was in the mood for wine anyway, so I managed to do OK...2 glasses of wine, a tiny bit of salad, 2 bites of spaghetti and a small serve of the seafood pasta. I passed up calamari, pizza and a host of other things. BUT I had to have 3 bites of the tiramisu.

So there went my low cal day. At least I didn''t blow it out of the water since I was so low cal before I went out. I''ll have to go on a walk today to make it up! Pilates today and then a night out with the girls. Oh no............
39.gif
Your story reminded me of a time about 20 years ago (maybe more), we lived in Washington D.C., and it had snowed recently and we usually cooked a potroast when it snowed, with lots of veggies (yummy). And I remember we had had the roast the day it snowed and the next day was a Saturday and we had it a second night. We had just finished eating our dinner and cleaned up the kitchen, when the doorbell rang and there stood friends who we had completely forgotten we were supposed to go to dinner with. So we ran upstairs, put on clothes and never told them we had just eaten dinner and we went out to a nice restaurant and ate all over again. I mean, we ate a full meal so we wouldn''t let on that we had already eaten or have them think we had forgotten about getting together. I remember having such a stomach ache after that night!

BTW......I''m writing this from home. I had to leave work early and pick up our Kitty at the vet, so I decided there just was no reason to go back since today''s my last day. I''M FREE FROM THE TYRANNY!!!!! Now, I just have to figure our how to make a living, yet again, but I''m just not going to worry about it until we get home to Tampa, and even then I''m not going to think about it until after we''ve relaxed a few days and walked on our favorite beach and run on Bayshore Boulevard, and worked out at OUR gym and eaten at our favorite Sushi place, and................
10.gif
11.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2007 2:02:22 PM
Author: Rod

Date: 3/30/2007 1:09:26 PM

20.gif
Man, isn''t that the truth!!! I laughed out loud at that Ellen!! Thanks
Yer welcome.
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay rod for free from tyranny life!!! i found out from my boss today that the hours that they typically work there are like an hour earlier and an hour later than i am typically used to, but i would imagine that's with a lunch in there and most days i don't take lunch, so we'll see how things shape up...but i am already trying to figure out how to get gym time in and also with portia's daycare etc. i hate getting home too late on weekdays esp since we eat dinner at home a few nights, so we'll have to see how it all pans out. TJ's will definitely start getting our pre-packed food business again for healthy yet yummy dinners. the bonus is that i do get paid by the hour so if i am there later i am getting more $$, woo hoo. hehe.

so this afternoon i went to Old Navy and got Greg some new cargo shorts and basic tees, and myself a few more pairs of shorts, their shorts are so cute and basic and CHEAP. gotta love it. then, i went to the movies with my Mom and saw The Last Mimzy...which was a cute story..i also invited my parents over for a casual bbq dinner on Sunday since it's been a few weeks since we have seen them for dinner and caught up. afterwards, i went to the gym and did my time on the machines and the arm weights...total was about an hour and 10 min on the machines and then 10 minutes on the arm weights to the tune of about 600 cals. my goal was 500 so i went over which was nice. esp since i had a small handful of my Mom's popcorn at the movies lol. funniest part is that it wasn't even good! i was like damn... so not missing a thing.

i thought we had a plan for dinner to go to this yummy trendy creole place a few towns away on the train but Greg just called and wasn't excited about the train and now wants to drive somewhere...but he doesn't know where. haha. so who knows what we'll eat but i will at least be sure it's yummy.
3.gif

so far this week i have burned 3050 cals, and i have another 1050 scheduled for the next 2 days...so it'll put me at about 4200 which is a new record! i only have one more week of freedom aka all the time in the world to workout and walk, so i figure i'll do as much as i can just to see what i am actually capable of because once i start working again i will be lucky to get like 2800 in. boo hoo!! but it's been fun while it lasted and i love the idea of having spending money again!!
41.gif

anyway hope everyone has a fun friday evening planned with lots of yummy food...congrats on getting through another week!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, sounds like you''re going to be joining many of us by having to work out after working all day. At first it was a pain, but then like all things, you adjust and now it''s just a part of our lives (except of course I get to work out at my convenience the next several weeks as I don''t have a job anymore........LOL). But this too shall pass and I''ll have to go back to work too and then I''ll be back in the gym at night like usual. We don''t have a TJ''s nearby, so our freezer is stocked with Lean Cuisines, but most nights I pick up a salad before hitting the gym and eating it when I get home.

So, we had what will likely be our last Friday night dinner at Mura. As usual it was a nice meal, but every single Friday we''ve eaten there, we''ve had the same waiter, but tonight he wasn''t there and it seemed funny that we were with someone who didn''t know us at all. Maybe, that was fitting. Two weeks from tonight, we''ll be back in our condo in Tampa and we''ll still be eating Sushi but at our favorite place in Tampa, Yoko''s! YAY!

Tomorrow, we''re having our cars waxed so they have a nice protective coat before heading home. And of course, we''ll work out in the afternoon. Tomorrow night we''re having dinner at what is supposed to be one of the best restaurants in Raleigh called Bloomsbury Bistro. Mara, I''ll certainly report on the experience in case it''s a place you and Greg might want to include in your visit here.

That''s about all the news from this end. Hapy Friday night and I hope you''re planning a great, healthy and enjoyable Saturday!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Happy Friday everyone!

I've been MIA this week as I was on the road for most of it. I still have to figure out how to incorporate exercise into my business travels. I usually have jam-packed days and the last thing I want to do when I get back to the hotel is exercise! But I need to do it as I won't really be able to control how my food is prepared. With the calorie couting, I really do prefer eating in as I know EXACTLY what goes in my food and how many cals it represents. Funny that I just said that as I'm a total foodie and LOVE eating out!

Anyway, I'll be away again next week but I have much more leeway in my day, so I'll plan on getting in a workout or two at the hotel.

I'm set to meet DH and some friends for Thai food this evening. yum!

We're heading off to Paso Robles on a wine trip this weekend, but we've already planned a couple of walks while we're up there. I NEED to get some activity in this weekend.

Glad to hear that everyone is doing so well. Y'all are are HUGE inspiration to me to modify my lifestyle habits and make healthy choices. It's all about the "baby steps" with me.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Mara, a few days ago you asked if anyone else is out there and I wanted to say that I am! Gosh, this WWT has become so much bigger than when I first belonged and we moved over to FH&H......it''s wonderful and a bit overwhelming at the same time.

I didn''t reach the goals I wanted to before my 40th BD last week, but I have been on a healthy path and have shed a few pounds lately. I am more realistic about my goals and since my father has been in the hospital with heart (clogged arteries) problems, I realize that I must exercise more often to stay healthy. It''s in the genes!

You are all so inspirational and I salute each and every one of you for staying on track and reaching your goals! I love how so many people have joined in this thread and are feeling the positive energy that comes this way each and every week.

I am down about 5 pounds which is not that much, but I plan to keep plugging away at it. I would like to lose another 15 pounds, but I plan to do it slowly but surely.

I just wanted to express my appreciation for the people who make this WWT so positive and so inspirational for all of us out there who may not always post, but always try to read.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
definitely let us know how the dinner is rod!! as for working out after work, well i did that at my last job religiously about 3x a week so i am familiar with it and will definitely still be doing it, it's just a matter of what days and all that! just gotta get my schedule all setup. but i surely will miss popping into the gym at 3pm for a workout and having it be nice and empty and quiet!! it's way too busy at night for my taste really.

good to see you popping in heather!! congrats on 5 lbs! this thread is definitely a growing work of art hehee. i remember when it was sooo much slower...but it is great to see so many people interested in being healthy long-term...not just for a quick fix. that's totally my mentality and it does take a 'reprogramming' if you will...and it can take a good long time. it was about last May when i really realized i had to kind of step it up so it's almost been a year for me to get to where i am now. which is fine, it's about the lifestyle change right...trying to make this work for me for the rest of my life! and CG..baby steps are fine!

have a blast on your trip CG...you'll be fine with food and i totally hear ya on the whole want to know what is going in your mouth since you are counting cals. i feel so accountable to my excel spreadsheet now lol!

dinner ended up being the seafood place in half moon bay so we took a nice drive out to the ocean. this place is kind of a small casual dive on the water but it's very popular, and everything is great. their clam chowder is made with no msg and no milk so it's more of a veggie broth based one and it's soooo good. really thick and yummy and i almost prefer it now over milk based chowders we get elsewhere. i got the seafood sampler with a few shrimp, scallops, calamari and 2 pieces of fish lightly fried in rice oil, fries, and it came with clam chowder, mmm. their bread is yummy, it's boudin crusty sf sourdough, one of my faves. we turned down a bread replacement loaf though which is good, lol. dinner of course made us full as it always does, and it's always so good. i am more of a cocktail sauce dipper than tartar but i use tartar for the shrimp heee. and i use so much malt vinegar on my fish that the breading falls off which is kind of funny but it's much more healthy that way right?! greg shared some of my meal with me too as he just got some sauteed scallops that were not very many.

so we came home and shared a little port with a blueberry handmade truffle (the ones from vday that greg got me...we have been SLOWLY eating them..sharing them because they are so big!) and one of the mini cheesecakes i got this week for dessert. yummy. and much healthier than eating dessert out at the restaurant hehe.

hope everyone is having a great night (or had one) and is looking fwd to a fabulous saturday!! enjoy.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All and Happy Saturday!

We ended up going to a steak/seafood place close to home last night and having a delicious meal. I had baby back ribs and shoestring french fries and two glasses of wine and J had swordfish. YUMMY!

Tonight we''re having prime rib, roasted potatoes and a green salad for dinner...still haven''t decided what sort of strawberry dessert to make.

I seem to have done some damage to my stomach muscles from all of the coughing I''ve been doing. I woke up in pain in the middle of the night and it continues to hurt now. Not so fun. I''m going to do the rest of the workout I split up yesterday and then get some school work done and clean the house up, a girlfriend is coming to dinner and J said he''s going to cook for us, so sweet! I just have to handle dessert.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This morning I decided that I was going to the gym come hell or high water since I haven't been there all week. I set my alarm for 7:00 and after hitting the snooze a couple of times I got over there and did 65 minutes on the elliptical (550 cals). It felt GREAT! If I hadn't had that little angel of conscience on my shoulder whispering, "Um, Dee, you HAVE to get to work... " I would have been tempted to crank that thing up for another hour! But here it is, almost 10:30, and I'm JUST NOW getting to my office. Holy cow.

I've been slightly bad foodwise these past few days, but the HH cooked something last night that I wasn't really in love with (this whole casserole thing HAS GOT to come to and end!) so that made it easy to eat light for dinner, and I don't know what we're doing tonight, but I could literally be here 'till midnight, so I won't even tease myself with the idea that we might go out somewhere fun...

Kimberly, hope your stomach feels better soon.

Hello Heather!

Congrats on the fab new job Mara!

And sorry to everyone that I haven't been responding to this week--when this review is over next Wednesday I have a lot of catching up to do.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yikes kimberly take care of that stomach!!

DJ good for you for getting to the gym bright and early hehe.

breakfast this morning was yes again the english mcmuffin with egg and bacon and cheese. it was the first time greg had one (though i have been eating them all week!) and he loved it. definitely a fun yet easy breakfast with all the right ingredients. then for snack i had crunchy corn bran with cinnamon and almond milk. we''ll have turkey and avocado wraps with fruit later.

tonite greg has a concert at 7pm which myself and our neighbors/friends are going to. so i made ressies for us afterwards at this awesome spanish tapas restaurant that we love, they have never been there so it should be fun. this place has the best white sangria and all their food is exceptional..and of course yummy desserts! they also have live music on saturdays and it''s a really cool trendy type yet casual place so should be really fun!!

it''s a beautiful 70+ day here so i''m heading out for a 4m walk within the next hour or so...then we are just hanging out and relaxing this afternoon. hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. I''m going to skip working out today in hopes that my stomach will stop hurting if I don''t push myself. This is getting really frustrating, my entire ribcage hurts, I''m still sick and I just want things to go back to normal! GRRR! Sorry for venting, but I know my WWTer friends will understnad how frustrating it is to have workout plans derailed.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2007 3:33:34 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. I'm going to skip working out today in hopes that my stomach will stop hurting if I don't push myself. This is getting really frustrating, my entire ribcage hurts, I'm still sick and I just want things to go back to normal! GRRR! Sorry for venting, but I know my WWTer friends will understnad how frustrating it is to have workout plans derailed.
Kimberly, if your ribs continue hurting you should see a doctor. It is not uncommon for someone to actually crack their ribs from coughing so hard. I'm not sure if there's really anything they do for cracked ribs, but just know it can be quite painful and last some time. I sure hope you didn't crack one or more. And it was probably a really good idea you skipped the gym today.

Heather, it's nice to see you and I hope you get much from our healthy family here on the WWT!!
35.gif

Mara, I'm still wondering how you and Greg would adjust to a town without water. Many of your memorable (it seems) dining experiences are on the water. Raleigh has NO water, except a couple of little lakes you can run around if you want. Anyway, your dinner on Half Moon Bay sounded great! I'll surely report later on Bloomsbury Bistro for you.

I was still feeling a little under the weather this morning. I even toyed with not going to the gym, but then I figured as long as I didn't push TOO hard, I'd probably feel better. So, I did and now I feel much much better. It's simply amazing how exercise can help you feel better when you're not feeling your best.

I had my car washed and waxed and by the time I went to pick it up, it was completely covered in Pollen. I've actually never seen anything like the Pollen up here. It just won't end and absolutely everything is completely covered in yellow stuff. They say it will continue for at least two more weeks, but man oh man is it ever thick. People with allergies are having a really difficult time this time of year and Raleigh seems to the be Pollen capital of the East Coast.

Hope everyone's having a good and healthy Saturday!! Will check in later and let you know how dinner was.

Oh......one final note. I went online and changed our mailing address back to Tampa. It really put a smile on my face to tell the Postal Service we're going home!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After a mere 8 hours at the office I gave up and came home (with a huge bag full of things to go over, LOL). The happy hubby is making pasta sauce as we speak and I can feel a big bowl of whole wheat spaghetti and a nice bottle of red in my near future.

So I just realized that I'm wearing a pair of velour work out pants right now that my dad got me for Christmas--and that I couldn't breath in back in December. Now they are a tad baggy in the a$$, which is a shame becuase they're really cute. I'll have to see if they have them in petite small on the Eddie Bauer website still, but they aren't gonna make it very long.
1.gif

Does anyone else have to share a television at the gym? The one I go to is small and we only have one TV. About 75% of the time the person who chooses picks a cooking show. Now seriously people, A COOKING SHOW??? Do we really need to watch the production of pizza and fajitas and mojito chicken (which were this morning's culinary adventures) while we're tying to lose weight? There's just something so WRONG about this--at least put on the news for god's sake! I never pick, I always give my "turn" to the next person because in general I really don't care, but from now on I'm asking what the next guy is thinking of before I pass.

Rod, I love to read your posts about "going home" -- your happiness is infectous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results