shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 25th March till 31st March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2008 8:52:37 AM
Author: marcyc
Hi everyone!
OMG – I made it in to the 160’s this morning – 169.8 and now I’m minus 151 pounds. I doubt I’ve weighed this little since sometime in the 1980’s. Life is good.
Monnie, I am very excited to hear about your possible job in Florida. You wouldn’t have to shovel snow anymore. Thanks so much for the lovely compliment about me. I truly appreciate it.
Bee, your breakfast looks good and fattening. Yummy. Rats for not sleeping.
Hi Dee. Lorelei and Skippy.
I must go wake up DH and get dressed for work.
Have a great day.
35.gif
way to go Marcy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
woohoo001.gif

OMG WAY TO GO MARCY :D:D:D:D:D thats fantastic :D:D:D

hareiam.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Lorelei.
21.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 8:15:03 AM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 3/31/2008 8:04:39 AM

Author: bee*

Do you guys not eat pudding in the UK?

I have seen it occasionally, but could never bring myself to try it! That is normal for me, as I am very funny with meat anyway) terrified of bones and gristle...)
32.gif

Yeah it''s kind of weird-I hardly ever eat meat at all, but if I''ve been drinking there''s nothing like a fry to wake you up!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s so amazing Marcy!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2008 10:11:45 AM

I have seen it occasionally, but could never bring myself to try it! That is normal for me, as I am very funny with meat anyway) terrified of bones and gristle...)
32.gif

Yeah it''s kind of weird-I hardly ever eat meat at all, but if I''ve been drinking there''s nothing like a fry to wake you up!
Oooh definitely! Then a nice bit of sausage, bacon, egg, fried slice, mushrooms and buttery toast is just what the doctor ordered!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all! happy monday, blah really....mondays are never fun hehe!!!

at least it's sunny here today so that's a perk. i am taking the mini in for it's first service, again not what i'd prefer to be doing on a monday morning but it needs it as funny red lights have started coming on recently and i finally got an appt after they didn't call me back after submitting a form etc. so hopefully i'll have it back within 1-2 days as i have a friend coming into town on thurs and we have a ton of plans that all include DRIVING....so i'd prefer to not be rockin' a rental the whole time!!

went for a 2m+ walk yesterday with greg and portia...it was a lovely day. my legs were pretty sore from zumba and pilates, think i worked hard on saturday. i did okay re eating, i'm trying to cut back a bit for the next few days to do a little less carbs and let my belly flatten out a bit again...i think too many cupcakes !! though yesterday morning we found a fab new breakkie place and i had lemon pancakes with ricotta blueberry rolled inside, yeah light on the carbs? hahaa. at least i had 2 egg whites on the side as well. and that was basically our breakkie and lunch, i just had a string cheese and wheat toast slice later that day. chicken burrito for dinner, sans the tortilla. finished off these desserts i got on friday from this amazing japanese bakery...they sell stuff like we do (tiramisu, chocolate cake, strawberry shortcake) but it's all super light and fluffy and seems WAY less sugary than typical american desserts. so those are gone finally.

now we just have one cuppie left but that'll be greg's for tonite. i have 45 min of pilates tonite and then my cake decorating class...so he's on his own for dinner too, he loves that...he can eat whatever he wants! i got him mini pizzas but who knows if he'll eat them. my breakkie today is the typical, egg whites, center cut bacon, 1/2 english muffin, coffee. snack will be light n' fit yogurt. lunch will be a wrap i got from TJ's and soup. at lunch i hope to walk over to whole foods and get a few chicken breasts for dinner...they have this amazing lemon herb onion one that is already made, you just heat up in micro..its SO good. i figure one for tonite with some veggies will be perfect for when i get home tonite.

for those still dropping weight (And those of us who need a little belly flattening due to too many cupcakes)...one of my pilates trainers is a fighter/kickboxer and he says when he needs to drop weight he moves to 6-8 small meals a day...and he doesn't eat carbs after 2pm (well he has veggies but no bread or anything like that). he says by that doing that and eating 'all the right stuff' with absolutely no cheating --he can drop like 8 lbs in a week! why is it so easy for men? hehee. but anyway, interesting food for thought...i am going to try to do the whole no carbs after 2pm thing for a few days and see if it works. i know his reasoning and i agree with it, which is that you burn whatever you eat during the day and specifically for lunch up in your daily routine but if you eat a ton of carbs at 8pm then go to bed at 10pm, your body has not properly digested all the carbs and if they are not used for FUEL and energy, and you go to sleep, they will be stored for fat instead. i do notice a diff in my body composition when i watch my carbs, esp at night...so i think he's right on the money. it's just not as much fun to not have carbs for dinner but oh well. i tend to want to eat lightly for LUNCH and then have a bigger dinner but really it should be the other way around.

anyhow, there's my tip for day from my trainers. hope everyone is having a fab monday, lol lorelei that no one even realized the dates were wonky..!!

oh and bee/lorelei...why do so many europeans call things that are NOT real pudding (aka pudding consistency) PUDDING? it seems like a dessert thing for us americans but in other areas it's like meat related which sounds so unappealing hehe. it's like it took me years to even want to try bread pudding because i was like bread and pudding? the two sound NASTY together. who wants sourdough in a chocolate pudding. hehee. but obviously it was tasty. so what's in a name?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2008 10:19:00 AM

Date: 3/31/2008 10:11:45 AM

32.gif

Oooh definitely! Then a nice bit of sausage, bacon, egg, fried slice, mushrooms and buttery toast is just what the doctor ordered!
HI:

Oh it is hun, more than you know!!!!! yumyumyum

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

"Pudding can be prepared with a large variety of toppings such as fresh fruit and/or berries, and whipped cream
Christmas pudding
Dessert pudding
Illustrations from Isabella Beetons Mrs Beeton's Book of Household Management, 1861Pudding most often refers to a dessert, but can also be a savory dish. There are two main types.

The word pudding probably comes from the French boudin via the Latin botellus, meaning "small sausage," referring to encased meats used in Medieval European puddings.[1] In the United Kingdom and some Commonwealth countries, pudding is a common term for any dessert."

I found that for you Mara! I use the word pudding to refer to dessert, I think it is the old fashioned traditional way! I think in royal circles, dessert is also called pudding, but it seems either way is correct. Although I use pudding to mean any dessert, I also think of a proper pudding as something quite heavy like a steamed jam roly poly with custard, treacle sponge, spotted dick...Yummo!
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 10:57:52 AM
Author: Loreleisteamed jam roly poly with custard, treacle sponge, spotted dick...Yummo!
30.gif
Ha Ha, WHAT is a treacle sponge or SPOTTED DICK??? Just when I was getting used to ''savory'' pudding thoughts!

I agree for me pudding is like a dessert. Tapioca pudding, chocolate pudding, banana cream. But savory? Not so much!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Bee, now you''ve got me craving a proper fry-up! That is not diet-friendly.
3.gif
The hard part in the states is actually getting rashers--american bacon just isn''t the same. Where I used to live in LA, there was an irish import shop that had them (as well as my FAVORITE biscuits--dark chocolate hob nobs...no wonder I gained about 20 pounds when I lived in England!) but other than that I have had no luck finding them anywhere.
20.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 2:24:37 PM
Author: ladypirate
Bee, now you''ve got me craving a proper fry-up! That is not diet-friendly.
3.gif
The hard part in the states is actually getting rashers--american bacon just isn''t the same. Where I used to live in LA, there was an irish import shop that had them (as well as my FAVORITE biscuits--dark chocolate hob nobs...no wonder I gained about 20 pounds when I lived in England!) but other than that I have had no luck finding them anywhere.
20.gif

I''m sorry
9.gif
. The bacon in the US definitely isn''t the same! Either are the sausages. Definitely not diet-friendly though!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
You guys are making me hungry w/fried eggs, bacon and other yummy breakfast goodies; I think breakfast is my favorite foods. I usually am boring and have double fiber bread w/a slice of turkey; that is my breakfast every morning!
3.gif
For my birthday once a year I go out for banana nut pancakes.
11.gif
hehe

Well today I was running around and bought some material with Surf Boards for my sewing class tonight; this is the first night of garment making. It was my BIL birthday and he is some big surfer dude so I thought I would make him a robe and give him something else. I also got my weekly allergy shot and recycled some cans, plastics and cardboard, nothing exciting here.
13.gif

For lunch I had the Progresso 0 points soup, an apple, fiber one bar and a few crackers. Also, tonight I will have left overs and I will miss DWTS because of class, darn. DeeJay is cracking me up with her Realty name ideas. hehe Have a great day all!

Lorelei, I loved the tomato beans and toast. I love toast w/butter; yummo!!!!

Marcy, yay skinny minnie; you rock!!!!

Mara, yay for your walk! enjoy class tonight!

Hello Miss Sharon!!! Hey Ladypirate!!! Hello Kimi, Monarch and Steph!!

Rod, hope you had a super duper workout and hope to see some boat pics of Tampa!!!

Bee, did you have beans for lunch, lots of fiber? hehe

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I hope you had a great day. I did, I am just so darned excited nothing can rain on my parade.
9.gif
We had beautiful big snowflakes today and it was so pretty. Of course the cold and ice wasn’t so nice but I enjoyed the view from inside.
Deelight, thanks for the cute dancing bunny.
Bee, I always like breakfast at night after drinking. Of course, I don’t do either of them now. Thanks.
Mara, sorry to hear you have to take your mini in for service. I hope you get it back in time for cruising around when your friend gets here.
Lorelei, mmm pudding. My favorite is cheesecake pudding by jello but I can’t find it in the store anymore.
Ladypirate, what are dark chocolate hob nobs?
Skippy, the robe sounds like a great idea for your BIL. Thanks for calling me a skinny minnie.
Well, I’m off to walk on the TM. The new Rainbow 6 Vegas game has a high pitched noise in it that is driving me CRAZY.
Laters,
Marcy

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone
35.gif

Bee: That breakfast, looked utterly delicious. I wanted to dive right in..

Well.... after having two pieces of our anniversary cake this weekend, I ate healthy today. DH finished the whole cake off by himself. LOL LOL. I really don''t crave sweets anymore, I am SO glad of that.

Mazie and I went for a really nice looooooooooong walk today. It was nice out, but a bit windy. By the time we returned, I started sneezing again and felt choked up. I am getting over bronchites, so I just took it easy in the afternoon.

I made hubby meatballs for dinner with marinara sauce. He loves those, so that is what he had, along with artichokes and asparagus.

Marcy: I am glad you enjoyed your snow today. I bet it was beautiful.

Skippy: You will have to show us the robe you make for your BIL when it is finished. I bet it will be beautiful.

UMMMMMMM Mara: What is a Spotted Dick???
23.gif

Have a great evening all.

Linda

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Everyone! I was worried when I didn't see a new thread from Lorelei welcoming the new week. I even thought about starting the thread myself, but then I saw that Lorelei is going to start one tomorrow instead. I'd rather wait for Lorelei's weekly inspirational sermonette to get us on the right foot!!

It was a nice day. It was kind of chilly this morning, but warmed up nicely this afternoon. So we had breakfast inside and that's when I realized the A/C unit that cools the front half of our condo was not working. The fan was blowing air non-stop, but the compressor wasn't running outside, so since our unit is less than 2 years old, the developer is sending the A/C people here at 8 AM tomorrow morning to fix whatever is wrong. Thank goodness the unit that cools the bedroom areas is working just fine. I don't sleep well if it's too warm. After fixing a nice turkey sandwich at home for lunch, we did our usual Sbucks under the oak, then we hit the gym. I got there about 3:15 and didn't leave till after 6 and had a truly wonderful and strong workout. I must admit that the one advantage of being unemployed is being able to go to the gym in the afternoon, well before the evening crowds come in. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary for sure, but I did push my arms and chest to the limit today and I'm actually a bit sore tonight. We are not working out tomorrow, but we will be there both Wednesday and Thursday. Instead, we're going to get up and have our breakfast in the morning then go for a nice 8 - 10 mile skate on the water. That should be fun! We had our usual Monday night Sushi, FroYo and Coffee under the oak, which was a really nice way to end the day.

No Marcy, I never submitted myself to the paper for the 4 You section. A former employee of mine did not too long ago, but IMHO, the way she lost her weight was not the best way. She used weight loss drugs, not diet and exercise and from what I've seen, it's a temporary way to lose lot's of weight, but it often (usually) piles back on pretty quickly. I'm on a mini poster at the gym and that's good enough for me!!

Hey Monnie, maybe you and Mr. Monnie should just hop in your car, get out of the Chicago cold and drive on down to Destin and go meet the people who would like to hire you. Destin BTW., has some of the most beautiful white sand beaches in the world. It's quite a drive from Tampa, but it is a lovely part of the state. Thanks for your comments on me being inspirational. Most of the time I think I sound like a broken record. You know, "I worked out for 2.5 hours - blah blah blah!! LOL

Oh my bee* that breakfast picture is to drool over. My ex-SIL says our breakfast meats are nothing like the ones in Ireland. I'm sure that's true. I'd be hefty again if I started eating breakfasts like that for sure. It's only been recently that I've even allowed myself to enjoy good old fashioned breakfasts to begin with! THe white pudding you mention sounds a lot like Scrapple, which is a pudding type breakfast meat I grew up with. I love it, but I know it's not good for you at all.

The amazing shrinking Marcy. Down 151 pounds is just terrific!! Glad you enjoyed the large snow flakes.

Skippy, the next time we're sitting on the terrace and see the cruise ships heading out, I'll do my best to take some pics and post them for you! You only have pancakes once a year? OH MY, that's even more strict than what I do. I think with all the walks you take, you'd be OK if you treated yourself to pancakes more than once!! I've had them now like three times over the last couple of months and I haven't gained an ounce. Sometimes (The Pot Rod Said Calling the Kettle - LOL) we deny ourselves too much. I'm defintely trying to be less restrictive in my diet these days......

OK Linda, you're going to need to plan a trip to Tampa soon and do some cooking over here. Meatballs with marinara sause with artichokes and asparagus.........YUMMMM!

I guess that's it for the day for moi. I'll check in again tomorrow.

Ps: DeeJay, we got the mailer of that brownstone you've got listed in Chicago. It's fun to be on your mailing list. I don't think we'll be coming up that way to buy anything, but thanks for including us!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod,

I would be happy to cook for you and Charlie
35.gif

Marcy: I missed your post, where you said you lost more weight!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY MARCY !!! We are so proud of our Marcy. Your DH and family have to be so proud of you too. We LOVE you Marcy.

Linda

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Linda, I am glad you and Mazie had a great walk today. Rats for the wind flaring up your allergies. Silly pollen. The snow was very pretty today; I wanted to sing Christmas songs. Thank you so much for the lovely compliment and I am so glad I have you and my other WWT family to share my excitement with. It truly means a great deal to me.
Rod, glad to hear you’ll be getting the AC fixed. We actually get warm enough here we need it about 4 months of the year – but so far we haven’t had to turn it on this spring. That’s nice your bedroom is okay. It’s miserable to sleep in a warm bedroom. I knew about your poster at the gym - that is so cool. I agree that weight loss pills is not the way to loose weight and keep it off. I’ll look forward to your pictures of the ships and boats from your terrace. I am truly shrinking – I can’t believe the pants I bought less than a month ago are a little big.
Skippy, I’m with Rod on enjoying pancakes now and then. I usually have one every weekend. I only have one, use very little butter and very little light syrup. I really feel like I’m living it up after a week of Cheerios. Was your sewing class tonight?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning all!

Yep Skippy, I had beans on toast for lunch-so tasty!

Marcy-Those breakfasts are totally divine!

Rod-yep, the meats over here are so different than the ones that we''ve tried when we got to the States. I only have a breakfast like that once in a blue moon though-I''d put on so much weight if I ate one of them every morning.....although I am craving one now
3.gif

Well better run to my lecture-talk to you all later!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results