shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 24th Sept till 30th Sept

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Ah, Monnie, the lady with arms I envy...I just did reps until I coudln''t stand it anymore and switched to a different exercise/lifting position. I''m going to work on this...if it kills me! My disgusting arms, blech!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
I hope everyone is having a great day! I am pretty full from my supper tonight but I know I didn’t eat too many calories. I left a roast in the crock pot, baked potatoes in the oven and had raw veggies with it. It was really nice having a hot supper waiting when we got home.
Jas, I wasn’t holding out info about cream cheese from you. I swear! The closest Panera is 70 miles from here and I’ve never set foot in one. Now, I might just have to go try it because cream cheese is so delicious.
Mara, I wore a light weight sweater today and the temp was in the 60’s so I was pretty warm most of the day. That is the tough thing about fall, knowing how to dress. Yes, I have dramatically changed and I am still not used to it and quite delighted / amazed when I see myself. That is wonderful news that your favorite smaller jeans fit you again. That is a sweet reward for all of your hard work. I’m voting on the side of COW is not a treat. I’m not a fan of hot cereal.
Blondie, your run sounds great today. I am confident you’ll loose those few pounds by your wedding and your wedding dress will fit great.
IndeGal, congratulations on loosing 2 pounds. Woo hoo!
MrsSalvo, that is terrific news to hear the morning sickness is becoming a thing of the past. The second trimester already? Wow.
Skippy, I am always cold but now I seem to be colder. Rats. Enjoy your sewing class. What is your first project?
Kimberly, I am glad you had a great workout today. My thoughts are with your friend.
Monarch, I am glad you had a nice weekend catching up on things and celebrating your 4th anniversary. That is so exciting to hear some of your suit pants are getting so baggy they need altered. Progress that SHOWS. Thanks for the wise words to quit weighing myself every day. I did follow through on my promise last night not to weigh at night.
Take care and sleep well.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.....it''s late so not much of a checkin tonight. I need to get to bed it''s already 11 PM. I didn''t get out of work till after 6, and actually thought about hanging up the gym, but that little voice in my head wouldn''t let me do it. So, I went and worked my butt off (litteraly!). They also had a nurse there tonigt offering flu shots for $25 and we did that at the gym last year, so we did it again tonight. I''m a BIG believer in flu shots. If you''ve ever had a really bad bout with the flu, you should seriously consider getting the shot. Nothing unusual to report about my workout. Usual stuff, all 2.5 hours worth.

I hope everyone had a good day. Will check in with more tomorrow.

Sleep well everyone!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/25/2007 10:17:25 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Ah, Monnie, the lady with arms I envy...I just did reps until I coudln''t stand it anymore and switched to a different exercise/lifting position. I''m going to work on this...if it kills me! My disgusting arms, blech!
Kimi, sometimes the most you can do is the best, ya know? I was just watching one of those E! shows or something and one of the celebrity gals was saying how she didn''t necessarily do "reps" but she just did what she could until she felt she couldn''t do any more, and that had worked for her. Honestly, when my DH showed me how to do the triceps exercise a couple years ago I couldn''t do more than 2-3 reps without starting to shake! So I''m no superwoman, it just has taken a little training over a long time to get to where I am now, and even still I don''t think I do a ton. Maybe 10 minutes is how long it takes me a few times a week, and I do it while sitting on the couch watching t.v., how''s that for an easy but effective workout, lol! You can do this, it''s like everything else, it is tough at first but the more you do it and make it sort of a habit the easier it will come, trust me. Hey, the alternative is push-ups, which I think are PANTS. LOL!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha it's so funny that some people really like COW and some don't! i think a lot of it is a childhood attraction for me..and i have always loved it way more than oatmeal or anything like that. yum!! more COW for me hehe.

typical day today at the office and in eating. didn't have my typical snack today...the COW and toast actually kept me quite full and then i had one small granola bar for snack instead of my oatmeal. then lunch i had chicken kebab from this mediterranean greek place, so yummy grilled. i just had the chicken breast and then had the flaxseed toast with egg white salad on it. snack was a 100 cal blondie glenny's brownie (addicted to these), and a peets nonfat sugar free vanilla latte. i love those because the cals are low and yet i get the protein from the milk and it's no fat either!

had some cranberry almond chocolate trail mix before my workout and i think it totally helps power me. i have noticed this before with trail mix. it was just a 200 cal snack but i did 400 cals on the elliptical and did arm weights as well. kimberly, i do a bunch of diff arm workouts...tonite i did the lighter weights til fatigue fat burn workout that they recommended at my trainer. 45 seconds each of a lighter weight til it burns. i did 3-4 diff machines, 3 sets of each, and then did free dumbell weights as well for 3 sets. my arms were burning but in a good way!!

came home and greg had rehearsal tonite so i made myself an egg white, 2% cheese, and mushroom omelet and 3 pieces of center cut bacon along with 2 slices of the sara lee whole wheat 45 cal toast with light butter. yummy! dessert will either be fage with PB or slow churned, not sure.

tomorrow i'm hiking with my girlfriend, so should do about 5miles as typical. on friday we are planning a huge birthday bash for one of my coworkers...we're talking cupcakes, donuts, cookies, and ICING SHOTS from this local place that makes amazing baked goods. so i already know i will be consuming a lot of stuff that day...yikes. but at least i'm planning for it ahead of time!! and i can eat well up until then.

anyhow sounds like everyone is doing quite well! monnie your arms are quite nice woman...kudos! kim congrats on getting your arm workout started, yay. rod great for getting into the gym even though you wanted to go home and relax hehe, that is especially hard as the weather starts to get cooler hehe. marcy i was reading an article in people about people who have lost 100+ lbs...it's just so amazing...you will be in that article soon i'm sure!! yay for baggie pants monnie..that's awesome.

hope everyone is having a good evening and looking fwd to a fun wed...or a middle of the wk wed or whatever lol!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2007 10:51:35 PM
Author: marcyc
Skippy, I am always cold but now I seem to be colder. Rats. Enjoy your sewing class. What is your first project?Take care and sleep well.
Marcy, I love crockpot meals during the cool months of fall. I am making a cute tote out of denim. It was funny because all us girls are about the same age about 28-35 range. I thought I would be in class w/much older lady''s so I found that interesting. I am really excited but I learned patterns can be complicated. I think we can start sewing next week! I want to make a window treatment to so I need to go find some more fabric and a pattern. I think it will be fun and rewarding for sure!!! Thanks for asking.

I ate healthy today but my stomach was screwy so I never excercised. I plan to catch one of my good old (she is young) friends muscle hour class; I think she has been teaching 10 years or more so it will be fun to see her tomorrow.

Sweet dreams all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, that''s great you decided to go work out; I know you felt better for doing that. Good idea to get a flu shot.
Monarch, you’ve inspired me to get my weights out and start working my arms again. Great idea doing it for 10 minutes while setting on the couch. Thanks.
Mara, it sounds like your work out is really being effective at toning and burning in the right spots. Yeah! Who knows where my story might show up, huh? Maybe I should start a book. Tee hee. Enjoy your long hike tomorrow.
Skippy, I am glad you liked your first class. A denim tote sounds awesome and making something for your windows is a great idea. My recommendation on patterns is stay away from Vogue until you are more experienced. They are usually pretty hard but they always have some really classic and unique styles. I like the make it tonight, wear it tomorrow patterns – they are usually pretty quick and easy. I think I’ll pick up some denim or corduroy and make a skirt next month. I love to leave meals cooking in the crock pot on cold days. It’s great to come home to a hot meal and the house smelling so “tasty”. I hope your stomach is better.
TTFN!
35.gif

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Rod, DeeJay, and Bill - so nice to see your pictures. You all look like you''re having lots of fun!

Jas - the 100 calorie bags I have are orville redenbacher smart pop. They make a kettle corn variety but I prefer the plain butter kind. They''re smaller than regular popcorn bags, but a nice-size serving for one!

Mara - I love cream of wheat, too. My mom used to make it with brown sugar and butter, a pinch of salt, and some milk on top. I haven''t had it in ages, but yum!

Skippy - hope your tummy feels better!

Today was my rest day from working out. I had a normal breakfast, but didn''t get to have lunch (again). I had packed a fiberone bar and a low-fat cheese stick, so I had that instead. When I got home I was pretty famished, so I made myself a big bowl of pasta and defrosted some of my mom''s spaghetti sauce and meatballs She specially made them, froze them, and drove them down in a cooler in her car last time she came to visit. They are precious meatballs! Ok, so they are probably not so healthy, but since I''m not going to throw out mom''s meatballs anytime soon, I figure I''d at least eat them on a day when the rest of my calories were low. And they were terrific - the Italian grandmother gene runs strong in my family!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL Mara about the COW haters!!!!
41.gif

I have a little story about COW, you know my Hubby is from the US, we saw some COW in a store, we don't have it here in the UK, so as it looked like a yummy oatmeal / tapioca type pudding / cereal- I grabbed it, Hubby rolled his eyes and said " you won't like it" but ever determined, the COW was paid for, taken home and prepared...He was right - I didn't like it!
40.gif

We have a yeast extract here called Marmite which I love, however Hubby thinks it is the most disgusting stuff EVER and refuses point blank to eat it, I think it is one of those things you have to be brought up with to love also. It is very good for you with lots of B vits!
30.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Quick check in cuz i have to snag the xerox machine -- I''m down ANOTHER pound...honestly without doing anything...I haven''t exercised in about 1.5 weeks due to heat and tiredness; although I am much more physically active at school than if I''m home and the comfy couch sings its siren song. Food choices have been very good. 3-5 pounds to go! Yea! (Hopefully I didn''t just jinx myself!)

I''ll check in later at lunch!

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone! I don''t usually post on this thread, but I love to read everyone''s journeys through working out and eating well for a healthy life - and I''m so excited to say that I''ve lost a little weight through my inspiration from all of you lovely ladies! I''m by no means over-weight, but unsatisfied with my figure being that I''m very small framed and gained a little weight in college
14.gif

Three weeks ago, I weighed myself for my pre-wedding "fit camp" as i like to call it (wedding is next August, so I''m making it a stern goal of mine to get down to my ideal weight) and I weighed 138 at 5''3"....Yes, I could stand to lose a few pounds.
Well - onto the elliptical for about 30 minutes a day, bought a pedometer and getting in 10,000 steps a day, and completely went cold turkey on soft drinks and all sugary foods, and three weeks later, I''m down 7 pounds!!!!! It''s unbelievable! I''m beyond excited and was super pumped to share my news! I''ve never LOST weight before! Just a gainer! ha!
35.gif
yaaaaaaay! Thank you all for the inspiration to get healthy!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning WWTers,

Cleo, welcome aboard! I hope you stick around. It''s nice to have people to celebrate and commiserate with when trying to be healthy!

Monnie, because I once weighed 70+ lbs more than I no longer have taut and lovely skin...my arms are one of my (eye)sore spots and I''m not so sure anything I do short of plastic surgery will change that, which is part of why I don''t bother to try. I did the arms over head reps as well as some bicep curls another rep that I can''t accurately explain. It felt good...but it''s a bit frustrating thinking I could do this forever and it may never produce results, we''ll see.

All this talk of cream of wheat, I''ve never had it.

Working again today, different classroom. Then home and school and J is in charge of dinner tonight.

Not weighing in this week, maybe next week.

Have a fantastic day all!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cleo welcome to the thread and congrats on your weight loss!! Excellent!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome and congrats cleo! isnt it amazing what even small changes can do?? my coworker has been lamenting she has to lose about 20 lbs but she is kind of one of those diet yoyo''ers...she''s too all or nothing i think. i might suggest to her that she should just cut out like 2-3 things that might help. she is in the stage of wanting to do something but not REALLY wanting to do anything just yet. she also carries her weight wonderfully and while you can tell she does have to lose some weight, it''s nothing earth shattering. i think she just needs to get a more healthy outlook on food...she loves it like me but she feels totally deprived if she can''t have it and her self-control is really nil. i have told her to work out with me at the work gym even just one time a week so lets see if she does. she said she wants to hire me onto her team just to be her personal coach and that she''d pay me the same i was making now, i was dying laughing. she was like ''wouldn''t that be awesome?''...she''s super cute with this infectious bubbly personality that somehow never becomes annoying. it''s actually her birthday on friday we are celebrating...and she has a huge sweet tooth so everyone is bringing her stuff to indulge it. i was thinking of making some cooking light cookies but actually yesterday she told me she heard for another bday i made the hungry girl devils food pumpkin cupcakes and she asked me for the recipe because she heard they were amazing. so i thought, well perfect, that''s what i''ll make you for friday!! and it''s something healthy that others can have too. along with donuts, and cookies and the works!!

so anyway i am starting to read this Intuitive Eating book. i remember a WWT person suggesting it but not sure who? fess up won''t you so i can thank you?!?! it''s interesting for sure. the premise is that there are all these types of dieters out there, even people who watch what they eat to be healthy are considered dieters in this book. the idea is that we are all born with interal signals that tell us what we want to eat (aka need a nutrient) and when we want to eat by feeling hungry and over time society and our upbringing dulls those signs with ''eat your veggies'' or ''clean your plate'' or ''dinner isn''t til 7''...and then eventually kills them entirely so that we really have no idea what our body wants us to eat or how much of it and when to even feed our bodies. so we rely hugely on the external society and signs to know what, when, how much. the idea is to get back to listening to your body and that supposedly your weight and health will stabilize in a positive range.

i am reading it with an open mind...i am definitely the ''careful eater'' personality described in the book. i think i can definitely use some of what is being written to help me, but not sure how much i can totally abandon my careful eating ways knowing that they have helped me in the past...many of the people they showcase in this book are people who tried everything and nothing ends up working, so they are ready to believe something else. for me, my way worked but i have to figure out a way to maintain it. so we shall see. and i am doing quite well maintaining now for the last 3-4 weeks...so i am just going to keep up with what i am doing and see where it takes me.

i also started taking a calcium supplement yesterday...not sure if anyone has heard but apparently they are linking calcium consumption to fat loss. i guess there was a study done recently where they had a bunch of people eat a very high calcium calorie specific diet for 2 weeks. they had them even collect stool samples etc...fun times eh? anyway they discovered that they were passing a fair amount of fat from their diets while on the higher calcium dosages. then they took the same group, gave them the same calories to eat but way less calcium than before. the results were that they passed a lot less fat. and the calcium sources were low fat dairy to begin with. so not a whole lot of fat there. so the idea is that you have a high dosage of calcium (1200mg+) and it will help you get rid of fat. i was like hmmm...esp since i don''t take a vitamin anyway and i am an aging woman so i figured why not, at the least it''ll help my bones and teeth...i picked up a calcium magnesium complex that also has Vit C,D,E in it. i''m just taking 1000 mg per day which is the recommended daily allowance and also getting probably 200-400ish in my daily diet depending on what i''m eating. so that covers me...and i''m not overdosing on the calcium...so i figure it can really only help in the long term as i was really consuming hardly any before. so we''ll see.

anyhow, that''s my update for this morning. already posted my weigh in and stats yesterday...weighed myself at the gym at work yest and it was 135 so i like that # better than 136 haha. won''t weigh myself again probably til next week at the gym, that''s the way i like it!!

oh and kimi, i wouldn''t be so sure that your arms just won''t ever become toned or tight. some of these gals in the 100+ weight loss people mag looked fabulous for having been like 200-300 lbs before!! it is amazing how resilient the skin CAN be. i imagine that not everyone just snaps back into place, some of them may have had to have some surgery but i think you should go at it for a while with the arms and see what happens. it can''t HURT right?!

happy wednesday all!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting stuff about the calcium Mara, I have just started a women''s vitamin with twice the normal amount of calcium, that would be a great benefit if it did help with fat burning, I hadn''t heard of that study.
34.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blondie, thanks for the recipes!!! YOU ROCK; I can''t wait to try out the Citrus Shrimp recipe! That one sounds yummy. I am glad more people posted recipes over there, yay!

Rod, yay for getting in a workout!

Welcome Cleo and kudos!!

Basil and Marcy, my tummy is better thanks!!! I usually don''t get tummy aches so that was weird. Basil sounds like a healthy meal!! I love Italian food!

Marcy, yay for sewing new skirts; sounds like a blast.

Lorelei, that is a funny story about COW. My hubby''s mom was British and he loves Marmite; I tried it and couldn''t handle it.

Jas, whooo hoooo for another lb
36.gif

Mara, is the pumpkin cupcake recipe in our WWT lighter recipes??

I decided to nix the muscle hour till Saturday. I need to run out and buy some grocery''s and rather do that before it get crazy at TJ''s.
I weigh the same as last weeks so I am good with that because I lost 2 lbs last week. Gosh, all this pep talk is helping me really behave! I like that Blondie said 1lb at a time. Plus Monnies positive tip made me think okay things suck sometimes but if things were perfect life would be soooo boring for sure!

I will be going for my evening walk! I will check in again this evening. The cheese industry is pushing the weight loss thing; that is how I found out about it. I enjoy low fat cabot cheese and fat free fage!
35.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

I''m sorry I haven''t posted in awhile. Been busy with the grandkids and on top of that had a touch of the flu, Ick. I''m getting my flu shot next week though!!

Rod: Loved the pictures you took of DJ, her hubby and you and Charlie. They were great!!!

Mara: I LOVE Cream of Wheat, especially with raisins and brown sugar. Yummmmmmmy!!!

Well, I have lost a few more pounds, prior to getting the flu. I think I danced them off at my 40th highschool reunion, which was so much fun, we hated to see it end.

I promise to be better about posting.

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda, you should be so proud; I bet you looked FANTASTIC for your 40th reunion! Kudos on losing; I am sorry you have the flu. Glad to see you pop in!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
You''re right Mara, it can''t hurt to try...I''m just bummed out about the prospect of trying and failing...I hate not winning/succeeding whatever you want to call it. It''s one of my best and worst qualities, when I do something I do it 100% or not at all...so I''ve got to be all in for this arms thing, and I think I''m there.

Just got home from work-school now it''s time for school-school. Hope everyone is doing well!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
afternoon all!!

today has been a snacky day for me big time!! it''s funny i go through these ''stages'' where i am fine for like a week or two weeks and then it''s like boom one day i just want to be grazing all day! breakfast and snack were typical, lunch was the leftover spaghetti from the other night, mostly meat and a bit of pasta noodles. then because there is so much candy around here i was just like mmmm sugar sounds so good. hahaha. so i had a small pack of candy corn (10 pieces), 3 miniature reeses pb cups, a few malted eggs from EASTER (jeez!) that are still around here, a hersheys kiss. i had this REALLY yummy protein snack bar that is a peanut butter cup flavor. 200 cals and 14g protein and only 4g fiber and no sugar alcohols. real PB in it too. and a glenny''s 100 cal brownie. THEN a little later i had some trail mix with plain almonds, cranberries, and unsweetened carob chips. so that''s where i''m at now. funny thing is that if i just have a very light dinner aka marinated chicken breast and veggies i''ll be fine on my cals and can even have some slow churned if i want. HAH.

anyhow time to go off and hike for 5 miles...ill check in later...!! hope everyone has a great eve.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did 3.5 miles! It was a nice walk; boy is it getting dark quick!!!

I am making cod for dinner w/fresh tomatoes and broccoli!

Mara, I have snacky days too especially when it is ttom. Hey, I bought the TJ sprout bread and it is pretty good. I had a slice for a snack!

Have a great evening!!
35.gif

basil

Brilliant_Rock
This''ll be a short post cause I have to go to bed.

Normal breakfast. Boss took us out to Taco Bell...I got 3 crunchy tacos for about 500 cals. Burned 400 on the elliptical at the gym, then did weights for 30 min. Dinner was 2 chicken sausages from TJs (100 cal each), boiled cabbage, and salad (spinach and apples). Having a few strawberries for dessert. Oh yeah, snack of apple slices and lf cheese stick.

Tomorrow, boss wants to go to Burger King
20.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Everyone!!

Welcome and congrats Cleo!!!!

Woo hoo on doing well Linda and dancing away the night at your reunion!!

Today was a good day for me workwise. For Charlie, not so good. Corporate asked Charlie to do an inventory of all assets (our headquartrs is in Minneapolis), we''re in Tampa, and he was in the storage closet and some old monitors (big clunky ones) fell on him and it hurt his knee to the point of it bruising pretty badly. So he decided tonight wouldn''t be a good night to workout and since I felt so bad about what happened, I suggested we just do a "diner" dinner out, have some frozen yogurt and then coffee under the oak. So, that''s what we did. It was actually a really nice evening, with much lower humidity, and a full moon. I was just actually standing on our terrace overlooking the bay. It''s just magical when there''s a perfectly clear sky, with a full moon reflected on the bay. I sometimes have to pinch myself to remember how lucky we are to live where we live. May I never take it for granted!

So, we''ll (or at least, I''ll) hit the gym tomorrow night and work a little harder to make up for missing tonight. Though, I sometimes wonder if maybe cutting back to 4 days a week at the gym, might not be such a bad thing. Sometimes, our 5 days at the gym get''s a little old, but then I see the progress my body makes and I feel compelled to go. Oh, such problems to have, eh??

Skippy sorry your tummy hurt, but yay for the 3.5 mile walk, and I agree, it''s getting dark so much sooner. Just wait till the first weekend in November, when daylight savings time ends. It will be dark way earlier then.

I hope everyone had a nice evening. Tomorrow, I''ll have a workout to report on. Till then, have a great night everyone!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod:

Sure hope Charlie is OK. I am so jealous of your view. How peaceful that must be, looking out at the Bay every night.

I was going to go for a walk today, but tooooooo darn hot here. I don''t do well in the heat, so just laid on the floor and did some leg lifts. HA!!!!!

Linda

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
I didn’t weigh last night or this morning. Don’t be impressed though thinking that I resisted the scale it is only because my DH was in the bathroom where we keep our scale when I got out of the shower this morning. Tee hee. Amazingly, I did survive the day not knowing at all what I weighed today. Now if I resist weighing tonight; that will be an accomplishment.
On our solar system walk last week I talked to this one lady who told me she’d been exercising and trying to loose weight so I told her about me. She was so cute after class tonight she came up and told me what she’s been eating and about her weight loss goal. I showed her pictures of me and she was stunned.
It is kind of strange as I am mentally adjusting to my new size I think other people are getting bigger. I think it is probably because I am closer to them in size so now I think they look bigger than before; I doubt everyone I know is putting on 20 some pounds. The pants I bought about 4 to 5 weeks ago are already getting loose. Yippee!
Basil, your spaghetti and meatballs sound divine. They of course are better since they are from your mother. I’ve tried that popcorn too and was surprised how much you get for under 100 calories.
Lorelei, I think yeast extract would not appeal to me either. Like you said; it’s what you are used to from growing up. Unfortunately my mother was a great cook and loved to bake so I love things like cookies, cakes, pies, etc. Aak!
Jas, I am so excited for you that you lost another pound and have only 3.5 more pounds to go. It’s all that running up and down the stairs at school.
Cleo, congratulations on loosing 7 pounds already. That is wonderful! Keep up the good work.
Kimberly, I am right there with you on my arms. I have really been noticing flabby skin on my under arms, stomach and thighs – ugh! I am not happy with that but I am sure I’d never get it surgically fixed. I have mostly given up wearing short sleeves because I am so self conscious of it.
Mara, that is a marvelous idea to take in the HG pumpkin cupcakes, they are really good. Is that the current issue of People with the 100+ weight loss stories? I would like to read it. You did have a snacking streak today; but you also did a 5 mile walk so it’s all good.
Skippy, I hope you have a wonderful walk this evening. I’ve been buying the low fat cheese and it tastes the same to me.
Linda, yeah for loosing 3 more pounds. It sounds like you had an incredible time at your HS reunion. I hope you are completely over the flu. Yuk!
Rod, wasn’t the full moon beautiful tonight? I saw it leaving school. I am so sorry to hear about Charlie’s knee. Ouch! I hope it feels better soon.
I hope all of you have a blissful night of sleep. We are closer to Friday. Yeah.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am heading to bed now, but had to post this to Lorelei.........a long time ago our next door neighbors were from New Zealand. They were wonderful people. One afternoon, I was at their house and the wife was making Louis (the husband) a piece of toast and putting this brown stuff on it that looked like jelly and I commented it looked good. They both laughed and said it was Vegemite and it was the New Zealand equivalent of Peanut Butter, but I wouldn''t likely like it. Rubbish I thought and asked to have a bite. Oh my lord. That was the most awful tasting stuff I may have EVER put in my mouth. It too is a yeast based glop, but I guess if it''s what you grew up with............I can still remember the awful taste to this day and that was more than 20 years ago.

Night night........

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Evening All,

This ended up being one crazy end of the day. School was pushed to the wayside as I ended up going to help out the family I sometimes kidsit for, the husband is OOT and the wife was feeling a bit manic. I managed to: go on a 3 mile bike ride, play tackle football, play hide and go seek, and jump in the trampoline for a good 20 minutes...I think my day of non-exercise turned into an afternoon full of it!

John made veal, butternut squash and a salad for dinner. I''m at about 1600 cals for the day, which I''m okay with considering all of my acitivity today.

Rod, hope Charlie is doing okay.

Skip, good job walking!

Have a great evening all...I''m wiped, and have to be up at 5 tomorrow for another day of school-work and school-school.

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
Rod: i''ve had Vegemite once....that stuff tasted as bad as it looked. i thought i was eating moss or something....not that I''ve had moss before to know what it tastes like
2.gif
. The lady that let me try it thought my reaction was pretty funny - i think spitting was involved.

Mara: i LOVE COW - especially when it''s lumpy. i haven''t had it in years but when i ate it the COW was prepared with sugar and cinnamon which is probably why i loved it. mmmmmm, makes me want some now!

jas: yay for another pound. i''m so jealous....but in a good way
1.gif

basil: your mention of taco bell has me craving their DIVINE bean burritos. i am not a drive thru food eater usually but i do love those bean burritos!

i''m still sticking to my calorie/nutrition tracking and being vigilant about staying on track. i was really hungry at first but have tweeked a few things (cut out more of the empty cals and stuck to more nutrient dense things) and felt pretty good yesterday and today. so maybe i am on to something. i will weigh in friday and see if i have made any progress. i am still apalled at the amount of sodium i consume....it''s crazy!!! it''s hard to avoid though b/c it''s in a lot of foods that are otherwise good for you. and honestly i have more of a salty tooth than a sweet tooth. anyway, have a great thursday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, the vegemite sounds awful. I will take PB anyday.
Kimberly, you are a saint for always being there for your friends. I hope that lady is doing better.
Tdiddy, LOL at spitting the vegemite; it must be HORRID. That is great to hear you are being vigilant on your calorie / nutrition tracking. Yeah!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
So not a saint, Marcy, just know that sometimes people need an extra hand and spending some time rolling aorund in the grass with kids is good for the soul. Regarding the surgery you mentioned earlier, I intend to have breast reduction at 35 and will probably get my arms done too. I can handle the stomach issues, but the arms, because they''re so public, freak me out! I want to wait to have any surgery until we decide whether or not we''ll have kid(s), but I''ve been planning this surgery since I was 16. It''s most definitely a very personal decision. But you, my friend, should proudly be wearing short sleeves (I do! I went sleeveless today, actually and then realized I hadn''t shaved when I got home...DISGUSTING!). You are, as always, my favorite insipration.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results