shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 18th June till 24th June

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2007 5:06:00 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Mara, you're right, it's my BMI, not BF. Oops!
I am surprised your BMI is so high still, esp if you are fitting into size 6 pants now (so awesome btw)...!!! Is it because you are short? Sometimes I think that BMI thing is just a load of bull. When I was 151 my BMI was only like 22 and the range for my height is something like 18-24. So I was still definitely in the healthy range but obviously not that fit right? Now I am like 20.6 and I am still in the healthy range..not even near the low range really. So the ranges seem so off sometimes. I totally changed body shapes ENTIRELY from then to now and yet I am still in the middle-healthy range? Seems like the diff should be more. So odd.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

So, it''s just more everyday walking for me along with pool time with the kids. I''m guessing this will continue to be my summer routine until school starts again. I really like being outside though and my weight hasn''t changed so it must be ok. I do really need to get to the gym for the weights but the sculpting classes just don''t work with my schedule right now.

I''m with all you who are loving the fresh fruits right now. I try to add them in to each meal so i''m getting the nutrients all through the day.

I hope everyone had a wondeful thursday!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/20/2007 5:15:13 PM
Author: Mara
Date: 6/20/2007 5:06:00 PM

Mara, you''re right, it''s my BMI, not BF. Oops!

I am surprised your BMI is so high still, esp if you are fitting into size 6 pants now (so awesome btw)...!!! Is it because you are short? Sometimes I think that BMI thing is just a load of bull. When I was 151 my BMI was only like 22 and the range for my height is something like 18-24. So I was still definitely in the healthy range but obviously not that fit right? Now I am like 20.6 and I am still in the healthy range..not even near the low range really. So the ranges seem so off sometimes. I totally changed body shapes ENTIRELY from then to now and yet I am still in the middle-healthy range? Seems like the diff should be more. So odd.

Yes, indeed, I''m chalking this up to my lack of height, LOL!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, I''ve had the exact same experience at Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft. I''m sorry to say that I think they''ve switched their sizes by two jumps, if you''ve noticed that they''re now carrying "00" clothes.

So my estimation is that

00 = the old 2
0 = the old 4
2 = the old 6
4 = the old 8
and so on.

I''ve got a size 8 petite skirt from Ann Taylor from the early 90''s, and it is tight on me, and now I''m buying sizes 2 and 4 there.

It''s kind of like when I bought my wedding dress and the saleslady told me apologetically that Christos had not changed their sizes as apparently the rest of the fashion industry had, so I would have to get a 10. That was the one and only time I''ve ever bought a double-digit article of clothing. But probably in 1950''s sizes that''s what I am, maybe an 8 now that I''ve lost 15 pounds. Well, my hips/thighs are at least. I''ve always been a 2/4 on top (I guess in new sizes that''s 00/0).

I really don''t want to be a crass person just because I''ve suddenly awoken from my lazy fog and decided to get in shape. But I found shopping to be pretty disappointing. I went to the mall wanting to spend a lot of money buying clothes that fit me, and whenever I would go to the rack I would find that the smaller sizes were sold out and there only sizes 10 or M and up left. In the petites section it was a little better.

I heard a woman asking if she could get something in petite, and the saleslady said, "Well, you need a size bigger than you wear in regular in petites, and we don''t carry size 16 petite." And if my math is correct, size 16 is really the old size 20. I just noticed that online they sell up to size 18. And it''s not that size 18 (old size 22?) women shouldn''t get to buy clothes, and obviously Ann Taylor needs to make money, and if 1/3 of us are obese and 1/3 of us are overweight, then they''d prefer to sell to more than 1/3 of the population. But I just felt like the fact that the smaller sizes were already sold out should tell them perhaps some of the overweight population that they''re now catering to doesn''t know that they''ve expanded (oops, bad pun) into larger sizes, and the smaller people would still like a well-stocked store. I''m all about the invisible hand of economics doing its thing but the supply and demand weren''t matching up for the smaller sizes.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, PG, I'm with you on this crazy size thing! I *know* I am not a 6 (which is why I didn't even take them into the room with me to begin with) but that is what I ended up buying. Frankly I wish women's clothes were like men's; the waist is X inches and the inseam is Y inches. Maybe then I could even order things on-line without them 100% being a crapshoot!

(BTW, I was wearing an Ann Taylor skirt in a size 10 that I got about 5 years ago when I bought these size 6 pants today, ha ha!)

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
clothes shopping for women is a mind game depending on the store you are in. its a high to try on size 2''s in 1 store and then a letdown in stores when you fit into 8''s. women need shrinks after shopping. its no wonder we all have bad self body images.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix (and whoever else is wondering about the strangeness of sizing), I worked in retail for a number of years and can tell you that the buyers typically get size runs of each collection that run down something like this:

Ex. say you have a "collection" including 4 tops, 3 bottoms, and we are looking for a size 6 in the skirt:

size 2= 2 pieces
size 4= 2 pieces
size 6= 4 pieces
size 8= 4 pieces
size 10= 6 pieces
size 12= 6 pieces
size 14= 4 pieces
size 16= 2 pieces

It''s not necessarily that the smallest and largest sizes are in the highest demand or sell out so quickly, it''s the buyers and planners methods of ordering and allocating merchandise that is why gals on the high or low end can never find their sizes...sometimes your best bet is shopping at department stores that will do interstore transfers of merchandise at no cost to you the consumer, or shop online if you know you really love something and can''t find it at your local store.

I''ll be back later for a workout/eating recap!
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good afternoon all,

I am still writing lesson plans for school. 1.5 down .5 to go. My head hurts and I can''t stop! I don''t think I''m going to get it all done before we leave, but most is better than none.

It was, as I''ve mentioned, the last day of school. we had a little party in class, I ate 1/2 of a miniature sized frozen yogurt, all of about 2 ounces for 34 calories total. Then we went to lunch with all of the teachers at the Tex-Mex place. I ate one small flour tortilla with about 2 oz. of fajitas, a bit of cheese and some lettuce, 1/4 cup beans and about 1/2 a cup of salad. It wasn''t as bad as I remember, but it wasn''t worth writing home about either.

We''re having pesto w/ wheat pasta for dinner. We leave tomorrow morning, so I''m going to be in laundry/packing mode early.

I''m sure i''ll check in at least once while we''re gone, as you all know I can''t leave home without the laptop, darn it!

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
hello everyone :)

phoenix, i completely agree that something has gone wacky with sizing. and NYC, i know what you mean about being letdown after having to buy your "real size" (which happens to be bigger).

Designer denim is the worst when it comes to screwed up sizes. It''s reallly bad.

So today I ate well, as I usually do, and I took a walk in the afternoon as a break from studying physics, joy. I played cello for 2 hours too which is an arm workout in and of itself. :)

Tomorrow back to the gym for some hard interval training on the treadmill. I decided to take it easier again today because I''m still exhausted. Monday night my older brother was flying in at 11 p.m. and his flight was delayed. I didn''t pick him up until 1:30 in the morning and didn''t get home until 3 a.m. I was up at 6:30 and went the whole day without a break. It didn''t really hit me until today. And boy did it hit. I''m exhausted.

Off I go to make some vege chili. I''ll have to post the recipe as it''s pretty darn good and has lots of protein (yay black beans!)

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi! We were away last weekend at the beach, and it was so fun. Got back yesterday afternoon. I ate really good food on vacation but tried to keep portions reasonable, and I worked out every day for at least an hour at the hotel gym plus did lots of active stuff at the beach, so i didnt gain weight on vacation! I actually may have lost 1/2 pound but you can never really tell with fluctuations.

DH wants to lose about 10 lbs so we started a contest. Whoever loses 10 lbs first gets to spend a certain amount of money on themselves for purely fun, nothing practical. (If the other person loses 10 lbs they get to spend a lesser amount on themselves as well.) So everyone wins. I love friendly competition and its really motivating me! Tried a new dance class at my gym today and did elliptical for 30 min too.

I have been eating a lot of my favorite salad lately and thought I''d share it w/ you all:

Spring mix
Fresh berries or mandarine oranges
blue cheese crumbles
few croutons
few pecans
FF raspberry vinagrette or poppyseed dressing

It''s a hybrid of my favorite salads at two restaurants. The croutons and pecans and cheese are so good with the fruit! I try to keep the fattening stuff to a minimum and use lots of the berries and lettuce. It''s especially good with a toasted pita bread and hummus!

I am bummed to read about the vanity sizing at Ann Taylor Loft, but I can see where you are probably right. In high school/college I was an 8 or 10 and now I am a 12, but I think that by measurements, I am really more than 1-2 sizes bigger now than I used to be.

Gotta run!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did step and it was killer
32.gif
It was a great workout! Yah!
I made pizza for dinner because DeeJay had me craving the stuff. I made it very thin w/lots of fresh basil!

Glad you are going to the pool and walking MRSS. . . I love the pool.
9.gif

Kimberly, sorry you have so much lesson writing. blah. Your dinner sounds yummy.
Cello, Yah, for interval training and arm workout on the cello!
Gail, did you get your diamond pendant???? Your salad sounds yummy!
Mara, glad you stayed in instead of too much celebrating out w/coworkers. Go thing there was no cake today!

Have a great evening all
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, lot's of afternoon posts. It was a crazy day for me. I was asked to build one type of organization at work, which I was doing and then my boss calls me and says, stop what you're doing, tell all the companies you've been working with we've changed direction and now go off in a completely different direction. My first reaction was......WHAT. But, then I thought about it and it does make more sense, it was just kind of annoying because I've basically wasted the last three weeks putting something together and now I'm going to put something totally different in place. Oh well, at least I've got a job and I like these people even if they're not sure what they want right now.

So, I took my frustration out on some machines and am feeling much better for sure. I had a really good workout followed by a protein shake and a healthy dinner of bonelss skinless chicken strips with veggies. Of course I just finished my Lindt Dark chocolate squares. I love my dark chocolate. I'll finish the day with a Fuji Apple.

Glad you're keepin up with the walking Mrssalvo. I'm afraid by the time I get off work, the gym is just the better choice for me, but I miss being able to run outdoors like I was doing when I was unemployed.

DeeJay, I hope you are that size 6, even if it took an Alien Abduction to get you there. Sorry you have to have the suspicious freckle removed, but it's better to be safe. My ex-SIL was born and raised in Ireland and she was always having suspicious freckles removed. There must be some connection with Ireland and Freckles??

Sharon......yumm on the cherry scones. You obviously know what I like. Rod gives you permission to bake some extra scones and send them my way. THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH!!!

I don't know you ladies handle the clothes shopping thing. I can't remember who commented that men have it easy, but we do. We know what our waist and inseam is and as long as we're buying from a decent brand, most of the time that size fits just fine. Men would simply stop buying clothes altogether if they ever decide to make a 36 the new 38.........LOL

Mara, glad you weren't required to have cake a second day in a row. Sounds like your Whole Foods lunch was nice and healthy. We did shop at Whole Foods in Raleigh, but it wasn't the most convenient in terms of location. We don't have one in Tampa, but we do have a Fresh Market and Natural Oats and several independent healthy food stores. One called Natures Harvest is actually walking distance from our condo and they have terrific prepared foods and natural sandwiches with healthy ingredients.

Good going on the killer Step class Skippy. If it was hard and you feel it, that means you'll truly benefit from it!!

I'm rambling......sorry. Long day. I'll sign off for now. Have a nice evening everyone!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Rod, I love dark chocolate. It''s my new indulgence since at least it has flavonoids and I can be sure of how many calories I''m eating. And 50 calories of dark chocolate is just right when you''re in the mood . . . mmmmm . . . .

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/20/2007 11:03:21 PM
Author: phoenixgirl
Rod, I love dark chocolate. It''s my new indulgence since at least it has flavonoids and I can be sure of how many calories I''m eating. And 50 calories of dark chocolate is just right when you''re in the mood . . . mmmmm . . . .
Exactly! It''s sinfully wonderful and supposed to be good for your heart and health. How great is that!! But, I''m afraid I have a few more than 50 calories. I eat 3 pieces, which according to the Lindt packaging means about 165 calories. I''ve been doing this for months now and I haven''t gained any weight with my dark chocolate indulgence either!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh...chocolate...I''m not a big fan of choclate, heck I really can''t even spell it correctly, I think, but I get a craving every now and then. Fortunately I don''t have a big sweet tooth. However, today I was shopping the frozen foods section in TJ''s and came across some girardelli blocks of chocolate right above the frozen veggies (they have such strange merchandising in that store sometimes), the blocks were dark or white choc for 3.99 or something. I picked up a white one because I love white choc, but quickly put it down realizing that if I brought it home I would probably eat the whole thing in one sitting.
9.gif
I did not want to have to report that here!!!!

Rod, sorry to hear your project got the old switcheroo...hate when that happens but it never fails, good for you for having a good attitude about it and taking out your frustration at the gym instead. Now that is why you''re an inspiration to me, lol!

Skippy, your step class sounds tough, I''ve never been good at step and I think it really takes a ton of motivation to do cardio aerobics such as step...I''m better at dance classes, kickboxing, etc., where there''s a change all the time or it relates to dance more, I guess. I know step classes can incorporate dance moves, but it''s just not my thing to get all up on the step, etc. So I admire those who can handle it, they are very intense classes!

Tonight I was solo again for dinner, so I had a nice big salad of butter lettuce and raddicio from TJ''s and a side of pasta with pesto and a few black olives. Dessert was mandarin oranges with no fat cottage cheese, pretty good and filling.

I did arms tonight, I''m definitely up to more reps at a time and less resting time in between, so I hope I''m building muscle back that I lost when I took off May due to my oral surgery. I wasn''t supposed to do any lifting then and I hated that...tank top weather was upon us and there my previously very toned arms were just atrophying to no end, I felt. But now I''m back in the saddle and working on them and improving all the time. I did a couple exercise tv workouts earlier today prior to vaccuuming the entire house, even the hardwoods, for a total of 30 minutes, so I think I got in some good workout time today.

See all you wonderful people tomorrow!
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi fellow WWT’s!

35.gif
I ate a little more food today because I’ve been so hungry lately it’s keeping me awake. I ate about 1350 calories today. I did choose my food wisely though. It’s funny I have become the diet expert at work now. A lady that works on my floor started dieting Monday and keeps asking me for tips. I loaned her my giant calorie book.

Rod, I did go out and talk to the phys ed director at the college where I teach to get some tips and ideas when I started my stretches. I think it would be a great idea when I loose some more weight to join one of the local fitness places to get some help from a trainer. I love Lindt chocolate too. I just broke up one of their giant milk chocolate bars with each piece being 28 calories. One of them was my treat tonight.

Mara, it sounds like you’ve reached a great balance of eating and exercise. I’m glad you feel good where you are at. Like you said our bodies sometimes do what they want.

PG: Congratulations on loosing 15 pounds. That is awesome. Too funny about me loosing a Paris Hilton. Think about how many trips I’d have to make carrying in 25 five pound bags of flour from the car to the pantry. Wow! It’d be good exercise for me though.

Dee: good luck with your freckle removal. At least you’ll be able to walk while your incision is healing. I was wondering if everyone posted before and after photos. I will have to post some.

Monarch: you are lucky you don’t have a sweet tooth; I am a major sweet fan. Cakes, cookies and candies are certainly my biggest weaknesses.

Have a great Thursday everyone!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/19/2007 6:52:15 PM
Author: cellososweet

I''ve noticed my measurements have gone down a lot, but one thing that hasn''t really gone down, in comparison, is my *ahem* chest area.
20.gif
It''s very annoying. I''ve lost 5.5 inches off my waist and a measly 2 inches off my massive chest. Even at my thinnest (which was too horrific to mention), I still had a small C-cup. That''s insane! Of course you can add over 60 pounds to that and imagine what you get now. haha.
I so hear you Cellosweet
9.gif
. I have weighed 47 kilos which is about 103 pounds but was a D cup even then. Things have changed a little since I had the kids and had things readjusted but I am still top heavy. i have lost about 10 lbs in the last 3 months and am nearly back to my size 4 lower body. But nothing has shifted well maybe 1 inch form my chest. I have broad shoulders too but am very fine boned and have small hands and feet. My arms are toning up nicely but the old chest and wasit is definatley going to be the last to go if ever. But I am determined + i know how to dress to deemphasise that part
2.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/20/2007 11:08:50 PM
Author: Rod

Date: 6/20/2007 11:03:21 PM
Author: phoenixgirl
Exactly! It''s sinfully wonderful and supposed to be good for your heart and health. How great is that!! But, I''m afraid I have a few more than 50 calories. I eat 3 pieces, which according to the Lindt packaging means about 165 calories. I''ve been doing this for months now and I haven''t gained any weight with my dark chocolate indulgence either!!
I have 2 squares every night of this as you well know Rod and is never effects my weight loss plus it is SO good for you
2.gif

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
HI Everyone! Thanks to all the welcomes/welcome backs!

I made it to the gym on Tuesday and last night. On Tuesday, I almost didn''t make it because for some reason I was motivated to clean out my entire bathroom! But I did a quick workout on the elliptical. The gym stinks in the summer - they close at 9 pm, and aren''t open on the weekends....I work out at my former College because it is sooooooooo cheap and I have a lot of options there (4 gyms, pools, racquet ball, etc, etc, etc). But they really tailor their hours to the students, so the summer is really quiet and not open that long.

Yesterday, I had my treadmill race competition with my friend. I was at a different gym than normal and they had these strange treadmills. Normally the one I run on has a little screen and it has the track and you see how far you are along in the lap. Then it tells you the time, distance, how many calories you''ve burned and your pace. Well, this one I was on yesterday had a built in t.v., and the screen only told you your time and total distance! I couldn''t figure out how to bring up the track view, or see my pace! I''m also a little weird in that once I am done running, I like to take a picture of my time/mileage with my cell phone so I can keep track. Well, on this treadmill if you hit pause, you can''t see the distance? It was really weird! One positive thing though was the surface of this treadmill was soooooooooooo smooth. I barely felt like my feet were pounding at all.

Sooo....I cut a whole minute off my treadmill time from last week! I did my 1.5 mile race in 16:35 and I continued to finish 3 miles in 35:58!!!!! I am so excited!!!! My friend is still definitely beating me, but I think I may actually be able to catch up to her at one point
1.gif
. After running, I did some stretching and did my customary 100 crunches.

Rod: I am really considering getting that book you are always raving about (Core Performance something?) Do you know how long it takes you to do a solid core workout? I am trying to see where I can fit that into my workout without being in the gym for 2 hours every day. I am definitely an hour max type of girl!

Dee: Your posts always made me laugh so hard. It doesn''t really matter what you are talking about, but it is funny! Congrats on the weight loss!

Skippy: I was never a runner, but I LOVE running in these races. I must admit, it is addicting! Great job on your step class!

Cellososweet: I know what you mean about being afraid to lose weight. I have never had an eating disorder, but I did have the fear of developing one if I was always so concerned about my weight or being super thin (I think they may have showed us too many documentaries at school or something!) Congratulations on your healthy progress and most importantly for quitting smoking!!!!

Mara - you are too funny about sweets. I find it easy to resist sweets, but then if I let into the craving, I can''t stop!

Kimberly - I hope you have fun in Chicago!

Marcy: Your progress is great! Keep up the good work and try to not be so discouraged by the scale!

Monarch: Sorry to hear about your job, but it seems like you are doing great anyhow. I want to check out exercise TV - it sounds like fun!

Lorelei: You are doing great as always!!

Shortblonde: I know it''s discouraging when the scale does not move, but is there something more positive you can focus on? Like how your cardiovascular health has improved or if you are lifting how you''ve progressed in that area?

Canuk-girl: Great job at maintaining your weight! 1.5 hours of walking is loooooong!

NYCsparkle: Your dinners always sound so fresh and yummy! Can I come over for dinner?
2.gif

Phoenixgirl: Your progress is great! Women''s clothes sizing is ridiculous. I have only noticed vanity sizing in the last couple of years, but I don''t think I was attuned to what sizes I was wearing before. I try not to even look at this point. I just want to be comfortable and look good! But I will say, I don''t think I''ll ever be able to fit into a pair of designer jeans. My thighs never fit! THAT is depressing!

MrsSalvo: Even though you aren''t hitting the gym or classes, you are still remaining active and that''s great!

Gail: Great job on no vacation weight gain! I am a huge believer in friendly competition now!!! That salad sounds delicious, I am def. going to pick up the ingredients on my next shopping trip!

Katebar: I am not really top heavy, but I think I border on being top heavy. It is a little annoying and you do have to be really careful on what you wear! Congrats on the 10 lbs loss!

Ok, I think I got everyone now - I need to check in more often so I don''t win an award for longest post ever.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Danielle,

The book is called Core Performance Essentials by Mark Verstegen. The great thing about it is, the exercises are one''s you could do at home so you really don''t HAVE to do them at the gym. For me, I do 20 minutes of core training with every workout. It may be overkill, but it has completely elliminated my need to see the chiropractor, so that''s a great thing!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/21/2007 9:11:16 AM
Danielle,

The book is called Core Performance Essentials by Mark Verstegen. The great thing about it is, the exercises are one''s you could do at home so you really don''t HAVE to do them at the gym. For me, I do 20 minutes of core training with every workout. It may be overkill, but it has completely elliminated my need to see the chiropractor, so that''s a great thing!

Rod - thanks! I think I could handle 20 minutes - I just know that you spend hours at the gym per day - I was afraid a whole hour was dedicated to your core workout!!! I have always had poor core muscles, because I am really lazy about working them out! But I think I am at the point right now where I know I need to do something with them and it will definitely help with my other workouts!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Thursday All!

I got up at 6, am doing laundry and finished my lesson plans, HIP HIP HOORAY! Now I just have to do a tiny bit of school work while we''re gone.

We''re off at 10:30 this morning, so I need to start packing soon, so fun! I''m sure we''ll get some good walking in this weekend, but it won''t be enough to negate the food!

Have a great weekend all!

~K

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/21/2007 9:15:24 AM
Author: *~*Danielle*~*

Danielle,

Rod - thanks! I think I could handle 20 minutes - I just know that you spend hours at the gym per day - I was afraid a whole hour was dedicated to your core workout!!! I have always had poor core muscles, because I am really lazy about working them out! But I think I am at the point right now where I know I need to do something with them and it will definitely help with my other workouts!
Dani, also try hands free on the elliptical, that helps the old core too and I must get that dang book Rod recs!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning WWTers!

Last night I ended up eating dinner at 5:00 so I could pick my clients up on time. I got home around 9:00 and I was starved so I resorted to some fiber one and skim milk (as opposed to the Haagen Daaz chocolate cinnamon ice cream that the HH *hid* [not very well!] in the freezer).

This morning I am happy to report the crazy scale gave me the same reading as yesterday, so I'm going with it. I have been wondering though, why if the scale reads 3 lbs lighter over the by the tub and 4.5 lbs lighter by my side of the vanity what the hell I'm doing weighing myself near the toilet???
20.gif

NYC, a shrink indeed!

Monnie, that's interesting about the collection sizes. I better not drop below a six (HA--fat chance of that!) or else my options will probably get sold out long before I ever get around to buying them... Or long before they ever hit the sale rack!

Kimberly, I am excited to hear your report on the trip!

Cello, I have yet to venture in to the world of designer denim because, first of all, I'm *cheap*, and second of all I'm SHORT. I have promised myself though that whenever I become whatever weight I'm really going to be I will buy myself a pair of "good" jeans and pay to have them hemmed if necessary (like there's any chance it *wouldn't* be necessary...
20.gif
)

Gail, I love the idea of a contest! Hmmm... maybe I'll have to look around my office and see if there's someone I can convince to have one with me. Have to be careful how I approach it though; "So, I've been thinking, you look like you could drop ten pounds or so... " [SMACK!!!]

Skippy, sorry about the pizza craving!
16.gif

Rod, LOL about the connection between the Irish and freckles. The funny thing is I spent EVERY summer until I was out of college in the sun. We even had a pool in the back yard and they would basically throw me in the water the day school got out for the summer and fish me out again to go back in the fall (my poor pale blond hair was always green from the chlorine
6.gif
) but every dermatologist I've ever been to says it looks like I've never even seen the light of day. Keep in mind, my childhood was spent back in the 70s--long before the day of suncreen. I'm thanking my lucky stars right now, but I'm sure it will catch up with me at some point...

PG, 50 cals of dark chocolate sounds great... for a start! Then I want another 50 cals (and another 50 cals... ) and a big glass of good red wine to go with it!
3.gif

Marcy, we would love to see your before/after pics! And yes, they only keep me around this thread for comic relief.
2.gif

Katebar, I would be really interested in hearing your dressing secrets! I'm 5' tall and currently a 38C (I was much bigger but I had the girls reduced many years ago). I still feel disproportionaly large on top though.

Lorelei, I second your recommendation of the hands free elliptical. Plus, I find if I make a conscious effort to suck in my stomach HARD it adds a nice element of challenge.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all! sounds like everyone is doing well...happy thursday!

sushi last nite was super tasty. it was great to catch up with my girlfriend as well. afterwards we went and got a scoop of gelato, which actually was not that tasty, but i ate it anyway hahaa. it didn''t taste to me like gelato, more like a super super rich ice cream. then i went home and since i have been craving bran muffins lately, i made some banana pecan bran muffins that came out so well. i''ll post the recipe in the healthy recipe thread...but they have about 6g fiber and 160 cals each, mmm!! love it. they are like soft little dense bricks of healthiness.

so this morning i had a call at 7:30, one at 8am and now one at 9am so i got up a little earlier than usual to be in the car at 7:30 *choke*. i''m amazed i''m coherent. i may need some additional coffee in a few minutes. i''ve had a lot of early morning calls this week so i feel pretty tired, but after work i intend to go and do a hike again even though my butt is still fairly sore...!!! the company is having an ice cream social this afternoon where they are bringing in cold stone creamery and making sundaes, yikes!! i plan to go over and get some froyo and eat that at the social...i love the social part just not the ice cream caloric intake part. esp after my notsogreat gelato last nite.

marcy i know my sweet tooth sometimes rages out of control. i was telling my girlfriend the other day that if i just entirely cut out sweets and desserts i would imagine i could maintain weight wise without even having to work out or do anything else. oh well!!! what fun is that?
3.gif

anyhow hope everyone enjoys a good day!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/21/2007 10:46:49 AM
Morning WWTers!

Rod, LOL about the connection between the Irish and freckles. The funny thing is I spent EVERY summer until I was out of college in the sun. We even had a pool in the back yard and they would basically throw me in the water the day school got out for the summer and fish me out again to go back in the fall (my poor pale blond hair was always green from the chlorine
6.gif
) but every dermatologist I've ever been to says it looks like I've never even seen the light of day. Keep in mind, my childhood was spent back in the 70s--long before the day of suncreen. I'm thanking my lucky stars right now, but I'm sure it will catch up with me at some point...
HI:

Then, like me, you should be no stranger to "baby oil". What a disaster that was--my Mom warrned me...I now regret that greasy foolishness with all my freckles. About ten years ago I had a "suspicoius" mole removed from the back of my leg--and subsequently needed a wide excision biopsy when the pathology came back. Nothing has subsequently developed, but I am seen twice a yar by my Derm since I am considered high risk for melanoma because of my freckle mania. Sunscreen and covers ups are now my best friends.

Very warm this am while out walking. Did an hour since I was without a water bottle. But it was enuf as I was getting tired, hot, and thirsty.

I could use a frosty virgin margarita right about now!!!

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all!

It is nice to see so many people on the WWT.
9.gif

Lots of chocolate talk. Monarch, I have a few friends who hate chocolate too. I hate cheesecake (which is good for me because I heard it is fattening).
Weight watchers has a yummy oreo chocolate ice cream bar that I think is 150 calories and it's big!

Off to mow the lawn. We are on 1/3 of an acre but the lawn is less than that because of the house and the front yard but out back lawn but our lawn is big so *I think I am burning calories, no?* It usually takes an hour. I can feel it in my legs so I won't walk since I have lots to do.

Katebar, you are tiny at 103. My sister is like you. I inherited bones like my mom.

Have a great workout day
9.gif

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/21/2007 10:28:45 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 6/21/2007 9:15:24 AM
Author: *~*Danielle*~*

Danielle,

Dani, also try hands free on the elliptical, that helps the old core too and I must get that dang book Rod recs!
Thanks Lorelei! I was doing a bit of hands free elliptical on Tuesday, and I almost fell on my butt!!
9.gif
. I have the WORST balance, but I think it will be a good goal to also better my balance and get my abs in shape! I usually do 1-2 elliptical workouts a week, and I already ordered Rod''s book!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Put them paws on the little ellip handles and you will stay put - my balance STINKS!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, I am so excited to make those muffins you posted the receipe for. Where do I buy unprocessed bran??? Whole Foods? Thank IA
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results