shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 18th June till 24th June

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all
35.gif

I am still trying for pics of her Ladyship, but the weather has been so pants here
14.gif
, with flash flooding in some areas, the sun is a rare visitor to the British Isles at the moment, and I want to show my glossy black horse at her best!
30.gif

Mara I hope you feel better soon and I LOVE the Mini - tres snazzy!
31.gif

I had a great workout last night, was feeling a bit blah and realized how easy it is to get in automatic pilot on the elliptical or treadmill and just trot along at your usual pace. This means that you can cheat yourself out of progress and results, so don't forget to ramp it up during your workout a little, so that you are working slightly harder.

Also a quick safety reminder, just take a moment to review your practices and make sure you are as safe as you can be while working out, look out for hidden hazards.

Have a great week all!

* QUICK THREADJACK* Marcy, I read you are an astronomy teacher, I love this subject and am trying to learn more! I have many books and star atlases
25.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like that your reminded people about safety Lorelei. . . there are many times people don't have their step platforms locked into place and I feel like such a know it all point it out but I don't want them falling. They are usually grateful but I wish they were more aware. hehehe Also, I can't wait to see pics of your new baby.
12.gif
I hope the sun comes out soon
emhot.gif

Marcy, I think astronomy is cool; I remember going to the planetarium as a kid and loving it. One night hubby and I got up at 2am during a work night to watch a meteor shower and it was sooo awesome!

Mara, super cute car. I just noticed yesterday that the neighbor has a convertible mini. I like your better because it has a sunroof and is silver; super sporty looking. whoooo hoooo
10.gif
31.gif

I also notice Monnie wants to become GIA certified. I say go for it Monarch, you would do wonderful and you know so much already about diamonds
9.gif

I will be doing step tonight.

Best wishes all for a wonderful day and happy workouts!
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All and Happy Monday!

Lorelei, I was feeling sluggish yesterday morning but got dressed and worked out anyways and felt so good afterwards! Thanks for the timely reminder. Can''t wait for pictures of the girl!

Mara, the new car as ab fab.

It''s the last week of school, we finish at 11:30 on Wednesday, I''m working in my regular classroom today and Wed., tomorrow I''m in the classroom next door. Should be a fun week.

Have a terrific day all!

~K

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, the Mini is so YOU!! It''s absolutely adorable and even P look''s great in it!!

Thanks for the safety reminder Lorelei. Hope the sun comes out soon!

Go for that certification Monnie. That would be SUPER cool. I think if the corporate world turns sour on me again, I''m going into Jewelry sales. The manager of our local Mayors has said I could come sell there anytime I want and I honestly think I''d be happy doing that, but I''m not sure about retail hours. I so enjoy having weekends and not working nights and holidays. It''s really the only thing that has stopped me. But still, I''ll do it if this doesn''t work out.

It''s Monday AM and they say we''re going to have a very wet week. No workout today, so am looking forward to Sushi tonight.
Have a great beginning to the week everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning everyone! I am glad to hear Lorelei and SkippyGirl like astronomy. It is one of my passions!

I wasn''t happy seeing the damage from the weekend this morning. I gained about .8 pounds which puts me back to a loss of 103 pounds instead of 104.
8.gif
Oh well, the weeks are more structured for me and I am back on track.

Have a great day!

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/18/2007 9:32:13 AM
Author: marcyc
Good morning everyone! I am glad to hear Lorelei and SkippyGirl like astronomy. It is one of my passions!

I wasn''t happy seeing the damage from the weekend this morning. I gained about .8 pounds which puts me back to a loss of 103 pounds instead of 104.
8.gif

Have a great day!

Marcy
Marcy, it''s typical for the body to fluctuate 3 - 5 pounds on a daily basis, so it''s unlikely you actually gained .8 pounds long term.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2007 9:35:42 AM
Author: Rod

Date: 6/18/2007 9:32:13 AM
Author: marcyc

8.gif

Have a great day!

Marcy
Marcy, it''s typical for the body to fluctuate 3 - 5 pounds on a daily basis, so it''s unlikely you actually gained .8 pounds long term.
Blech, I feel your pain this morning Marcy....my weight has never fluctuated as much as it did this morning.
8.gif
It''s almost TTOTM but still.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning all!

Well my hopes of a nice dinner last night were dashed by the fact that we spent most of the evening in the emergency veterinary clinic. The Demon seems to have picked up some sort of bug from doggy daycare and needed a little, um, attention. My biggest fear though is that he''s going to give to the puppy. Just what we need, MORE puking and pooping--NOT!!!

I''m going to be very light on the cals today since the HH will be making last night''s dinner tonight, and no workout either today. My schedule seems to have become workouts on Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and off on Mondays and Fridays, and it''s working out really well. This week though we have a cocktail party right after work on Thursday, Mrs. S. is coming to dinner on Friday (
36.gif
), and we have a big graduation party on Saturday. So, not only will I miss the Thursday workout, but there is much potential there to have way too many cals. On Friday though the HH is cooking and he''s already go the menu set so it should be pretty good for us.

Lorelei, thanks for the safety reminder. Even with my new ipod last week I had to remind myself to be careful while walking to work or I might step right in front of a car or something!

Skippy, I love the planetarium too! We have a great on in Chicago and I''ve only managed to get over there once in 19 years...
6.gif

Kimberly, are you going to be off for the summer? I didn''t even think about it until you mentioned that this is the last week of school. If you are going to be off I hope you enjoy every second because you totally deserve it!!

Rod, I don''t know if you would really enjoy selling jewelry because I think you''d have a hard time trying to get people to buy things that aren''t up to your own standards (are''t we all the same in this PS family, LOL!).

Marcy, thank you for posting the tuna burger recipe--and more importantly the fries recipe! So few cals for so many crispy fries--LIFE IS GOOD!

Monnie, yes, you should definitely get the GIA certification! (Getting GIA certified; makes you sound like some sort of round brilliant or something, doesn''t it? You''re definitely a D IF!
2.gif
)

Mara, LOVE the pics! The one with Portia is TOO cute, and I didn''t realize that the seats had contrasting piping. Adorable!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol lorelei, i burst out laughing when i read your opening line with ''the weather has been so pants here''..i was like WHAT is that?? haha. i love foreign sayings.

morning everyone and happy week (well not really but i''m being optimistic!!)...! i could have easily slept in another hour or two today. oh well.

sounds like everyone is doing well. thanks for the comments on the mini, fun times for sure. i just put my first tank of gas into it, $47 yikes!! the price of fun driving i suppose.

DJ sorry to hear about your injury, i am super clumsy and walk into things all the time...though i have no advice on how to get a bruise to go away faster, mine tend to last a long time but i would imagine that once it doesn''t hurt to touch it, maybe massaging the area to get blood circulation going there would be positive.

skippy, yeah we like the version we got better, the convertible makes me think of the Rabbit and that brings back high school memories. this way we can get a lot of the benefits of the convertible, it actually has 2 sunroofs, one in front and one in back, but without having to deal with the soft top and the not as quality kind of setup with a soft top. DJ the contrasting seats is the leather package that this particular one has, it''s very sporty looking!

marcy, agree with the others re: .8 of a lb not really counting as weight gain. i can fluctuate a few lbs from one day to the next depending on water retention, if we had a big meal out, etc. they say to weigh yourself like once a week only, i do it about 2-3x a week when visiting the gym and even then i see fluctuations. hard to rely on the scale.

have a great day all!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/18/2007 11:54:35 AM
Author: Mara
lol lorelei, i burst out laughing when i read your opening line with 'the weather has been so pants here'..i was like WHAT is that?? haha. i love foreign sayings.

morning everyone and happy week (well not really but i'm being optimistic!!)...! i could have easily slept in another hour or two today. oh well.

sounds like everyone is doing well. thanks for the comments on the mini, fun times for sure. i just put my first tank of gas into it, $47 yikes!! the price of fun driving i suppose.

DJ sorry to hear about your injury, i am super clumsy and walk into things all the time...though i have no advice on how to get a bruise to go away faster, mine tend to last a long time but i would imagine that once it doesn't hurt to touch it, maybe massaging the area to get blood circulation going there would be positive.

skippy, yeah we like the version we got better, the convertible makes me think of the Rabbit and that brings back high school memories. this way we can get a lot of the benefits of the convertible, it actually has 2 sunroofs, one in front and one in back, but without having to deal with the soft top and the not as quality kind of setup with a soft top. DJ the contrasting seats is the leather package that this particular one has, it's very sporty looking!

marcy, agree with the others re: .8 of a lb not really counting as weight gain. i can fluctuate a few lbs from one day to the next depending on water retention, if we had a big meal out, etc. they say to weigh yourself like once a week only, i do it about 2-3x a week when visiting the gym and even then i see fluctuations. hard to rely on the scale.

have a great day all!!
Hehehe...pants to us Brits means underwear, not trousers, and when we say pants we basically mean rubbish, cr-p etc!

Oh BTW we parked next to a new mini just like yours earlier Mara, so I had a good prowl around it and I really like it, wouldn't mind one meself actually....
30.gif
30.gif
It was a US spec Mini and the size surprised me, it wasn't a tiny one like I am used to.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait Lorelei--you mean the minis are *smaller* outside the US???

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure, I am more used to the tiny Minis that were around back in the eighties and even some I have seen from the seventies. I am not sure if the new Mini is a similar model here, don't think I have seen a new one that is UK spec.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the old mini's are TINY...those are still prevalent in the UK from what greg has told me. the new mini's are much bigger definitely. i think it's more like 'old mini' vs 'new mini' rather than US/UK. the funny thing is that the new Mini is a small car but inside it has a TON of room, way more than you'd expect from a small car like this. it seats 4 people fairly comfortably and still has a trunk area. sure we won't be taking 4 people on like 5 hour drives but in general it's super spacious inside and when you are in it, you don't feel claustrophic or like it's too small at all. i think it has more room inside than an audi tt or a nissan z or anything as well. so it's pretty cool because you get the size of a small car and the zippiness of it, but the spaciousness of a larger car inside.

think old mini when you think of the bourne movie...and then new mini in italian job!!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to pop in and say Hi. Things are going well these days. I''ve been consistently losing although was off and on sick for a few weeks. I changed my weeks from Tuesday-Tuesday now since my Jenny appt.''s are on Tuesdays. I''ve done 3 exercise days this week and tomorrow will be my 4th. I tried a new tape at home on Saturday and it was tough! I am still sore! Also, eating has gone fairly well since my eating is so structured. I did eat out on Sat. though and didn''t do well but I figure one day won''t throw me off too bad. I ate fine for breakfast and no lunch so I figure calorie-wise, it may have turned out ok. Plus, I made sure to workout that morning to counteract my bad eating.

Anyway, last time I went to my appt., I found out that I have lost a little over 15 lbs so far. I am really thrilled and down between 1 to 2 sizes. I''m hoping for about 15 more total but want to stop before the wedding so my size will be consistent for the dress.

Mara, congrats on the mini. I''ll have to read last week''s thread to see the pics. Monarch, I read that you lost your job (sorry
8.gif
) so I''ll have to go catch up to hear the latest news. But congrats on finding something new to do!

Take care everyone...

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, at ''our'' Starbucks the other day, there was an ''old'' Mini (right hand drive and all, so just like one would see in the UK) parked next to a new Mini (like yours), so it was interesting to see how incredibly tiny the old Mini is compared to the new. I''m not sure I could drive our interstates with the teeny tiny mini, but I have driven and ridden in a new Mini and I think they''re terrific cars. And you''re right, they have a lot of room inside for a car it''s size. I didn''t know the Mini S could outperform a Porche 911?? That''s a definite WOW!!

Dixie........congrats on the weight loss. That''s great progress!

DeeJay, you''re likely right that I couldn''t sell anything that wasn''t up to my high expectations. Maybe, I''ll just have to open my own store one day and sell only the quality that appeals to my senses!

Pants as undies??.....Lou as restroom??.......Car Park as garage?? You guys sure do have funny ways of saying things Lorelei!!
31.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi WWT''er''s
35.gif
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and will have to go back and catch up on the end of last weeks thread. i did glimpse at the last pages b/c I was dying to see mara''s new car. mara, it is sooooo cute and I love the pic with Portia at the wheel...

hubby and I had a great trip in cincinnati but really did splurge too much. Hubby is actually not feeling well today b/c he thinks his body is reacting badly to all the junk that he ate which it''s not used to any more. all in all we didn''t eat that badly, there was just a ton of food everywhere and all of the activities planned involved meals so we really just ate a lot
14.gif
. it''s nice to be home and we can jump right back into our normal meals until this weekend when we head to chicago.

off to catch up on rest of the thread..

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, and skippy and others who care...lol..

here''s a pic of the big stairs where I go to hike. you park down at the bottom and climb to the top. then you go into the woods where there is a 2.5 mile trail. there is also a horse trail that intersects the walking trail in a couple of places and it''s aways fun to see people riding in there..

stairclimbhike1.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back Mrs. S.! And that''s quite a set of stairs you have there!!

Today at lunch I decided that walking up to Tiffany''s would be good for my bruise so I went on a little jaunt. It''s 1.2 miles in each direction, but unfortunately there were SO many people out I didn''t get a good pace going at all. Oh well, I''m sure it was more calories burned that if I just sat here at my desk. And I was thinking about detouring by Whole Foods on my way home but the sky is looking pretty ominous...

Last night where we were at the emergency vet clinic I was sitting on this bench and there was a ledge a little ways in front of me where I kept trying to put my feet up, but it was just a leeeeeetle too far and the toes of my tennis shoes kept slipping off. Without even looking up from his magazine the HH said, "You''re getting thinner, not taller."
20.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/18/2007 4:54:37 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Welcome back Mrs. S.! And that''s quite a set of stairs you have there!!

Today at lunch I decided that walking up to Tiffany''s would be good for my bruise so I went on a little jaunt. It''s 1.2 miles in each direction, but unfortunately there were SO many people out I didn''t get a good pace going at all. Oh well, I''m sure it was more calories burned that if I just sat here at my desk. And I was thinking about detouring by Whole Foods on my way home but the sky is looking pretty ominous...

Last night where we were at the emergency vet clinic I was sitting on this bench and there was a ledge a little ways in front of me where I kept trying to put my feet up, but it was just a leeeeeetle too far and the toes of my tennis shoes kept slipping off. Without even looking up from his magazine the HH said, ''You''re getting thinner, not taller.''
20.gif
Too Funny DeeJay!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ay carumba!! i am having the worlds snackiest day EVER!!!! i finally decided to succumb and just give into the monster...hehee. i have been eating a hodgepodge of crap all day. nothing spectacular either....just little treats or snacks i had around or could find. i should have just gotten 2-3 donuts and eaten those instead, hehee. now i am eating a mini snack pack of m&m''s. hehee. and tonite i was thinking ''boy pizza would be SO GOOD''...like the REAL thing, not TJ''s healthy pizza. hahaha. i am just hoping i will stay motivated to go work out, either walk or gym and then i won''t feel too bad. hehee. sounds like everyone else is doing well today, better than me lol. the walk at lunch sounded nice DJ...! mrs salvo i love that picture, it looks like it''d be so fun to walk around there!! i might go to this huge park/reserve and walk around there after work as my workout, we''ll see. i am always afraid of getting lost though hahaa.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
mara, I hear ya on the getting lost. the first time I did this hike a couple of years ago I didn''t realize they mark certain trees so you can follow the right trail and get back. I swear i wondered around in those woods for like 2.5 hours and could not find my way back to the start. The next time I went, i took a girlfriend and she showed me the trail markings but it can easily get confusing if you don''t know they are there or have really good backwoods sense of direction (which I don''t at all.) It is a really fun place to go and the hike is all in the shade which is nice when it''s so hot. zoe really appreciates that too.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsSalvo, I love your picture; it looks so green where you live!!!! You made me think of mine and hubby's muddy hike in Kauai (sorry if I am a broken record). I hope you don't mind me sharing.
2.gif
We were so muddy. See the puddle of mud? It was fun and very rewarding.
9.gif

IMG_2253.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
We hiked up the mud and then back down. I slipped a few times.
14.gif
Hubby and I were holding on to branches because it was so steep.

IMG_2250.JPG

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Afternoon All!

mrssalvo, that picture is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing.

DeeJay, I am working this summer from 6/26-8/7. I''ll be in a critical skills class serving as an aide to a wheelchair bound nonverbal boy who has seizures and other issues. I''m really looking forward to it. Our trip to Chicago for John''s birthday is going to be my mini-break as I''m going to be starting a new class on 6/26 as well that lasts 6 weeks and overlaps with the class I''m currently taking and the class I begin once I''ve completed this one, so summer is going to be very busy.

Had a great day, got lots of walking in...we took the boys to the park.

I''m making a CL baked pasta dish for dinner.

Have a great evening, all!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy, looks like fun. Seriously, sometimes it really is fun to just get dirty! Love the pics.

Dee, hysterical remark by hubby!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mrssalvo and Skippy Girl, thanks for showing us great pictures of nice green places. They look so awesome! They look like great places to go for a walk.

Dee, I can’t help but believe that getting to look around Tiffany’s can only help heal your bruise. Also, your husband’s comment was very funny!

Dixie, congratulations on loosing 15 pounds. When is your wedding?

Mara, some days we just need snacky things.

I appreciate everyone''s encouragement about my weight fluctuating. I know it does vary and that any gain comes right back off but I weigh everyday just to keep my self honest.

I did notice the jeans I bought about a month ago are getting really baggy. Soon I''ll be buying clothing 4 sizes smaller than I used to wear. And better yet; I will be able to buy clothing in almost any store. Yippee!! Since I want to loose at least 70 more pounds I’m not buying expensive clothes right now.

I am going to go enjoy my ww giant chocolate bar now.

Have a great evening!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the picture of the "magical" stairs mrssalvo! I''m glad you take that beautiful dog with you though. As, it seems dark under the canopy of tree''s and I feel it''s safer if you have company with you.

Thanks for the ''mud'' pics Skippy. I loved loved loved Kauai. It''s such a lush and beautiful island.

Mara, if anyone''s entitled to go snack crazy, my votes with you. You''re usually so careful about what you eat, so I hope you enjoyed every single indulgent calorie!

DeeJay, sometimes a trip around Tiffany''s is such a fun thing. And I love comparing my stone to their stones, which compares quite favorabley as you might imagine. But, they do have some magnificent bling to look at and they''ve always treated us with respect. They''ve even grabbed my hand and commented on what a terrific looking diamond I have and how rare it is for a guy to have such a nice ring.

We had a terrific dinner at our 2nd favorite Sushi place (which is owned by the son of the owner of our favorite Sushi place). What''s nice is that we go to the son''s restaurant on Monday''s, because his mom''s place is closed on Monday. Anyway, it was just wonderful as always.

Tomorrow, it''s back to the gym for the next 3 nights. So, we really enjoy having a day off like today.

I hope you''re all having a nice evening.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh skippy, that trail IS a muddy mess. Ours can get that way too right after it rains and I have to skip taking Zoe because she ends up looking like a chocolate lab when we get out. I bet you guys had fun though. My hubby would have laughed like crazy if that was us and I slipped a few times
9.gif

Kimberly, you truly are a saint for the work you do. I have a hard enough time staying patient with my kids who don''t have special needs..you have a gift, that is for sure..

deejay, I can totally see your HH making that comment to you...way too funny..i hope the demon is feeling better today and oscar doesn''t catch the same bug..

marcy..I''m not sure I ever welcomes you here but congrats on your incredible weight lose and being down 4 sizes...that is just wonderful..

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
hi all!!!

love the mini mara...soooo cute.

well i''ve been doing well eating and staying away from overindulging. i''ve been working on toning and i''m beginning to notice a difference...especially in the ab area.
36.gif
36.gif
my thighs feel firmer as well. jelly thighs BE GONE!!!
9.gif

anyways i tried on a red dress i''ve had forever..its a sexy classic---i''ve worn it about 4 times---but not in a while--due to my big butt.
20.gif
.....anyways it fits me better than ever and i felt really slim in it. my dh as like wow that is awesome on you (mind you he never noticed it before...men
29.gif
) yay!!! so i''m wearing it this saturday to a wedding. i actually can''t wait.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Took advantage of the fine weather and walked ever so far and climbed so many steps; my legs are vibrating!!

Everyone seems to be doing well as ususal--
emthup.gif
emthup.gif

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results