shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 17th Dec till 23rd Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hello, my long lost fellow WWTers!

I've kept on keeping on, although perhaps with a bit less stringency. Over the summer it was so easy to make myself work out 6 times a week. Now it's usually 4.

Anyway, I'm popping in because I need to vent. Yesterday was our last day of school and last night was our faculty Christmas party.

I wound up talking to an acquaintance who is rather catty at work. (Background story: when I got engaged and weighed no more than 130, she asked me how much weight I was going to lose for the wedding. I said none. Apparently someone told her she was rude, so she gave me the worst apology I've ever gotten. "I didn't mean to say you had to lose weight. I mean, you're fine," she said, dismissively gesturing to my body.) Anyway, she kept telling me, with a lot of "I mean, seriously"s, that "everyone" (meaning the other catty women I opted not to eat lunch with after my first year, but with whom I have a rapport now that we have been coworkers for five years) has been talking about my weight loss and saying I look too skinny, but she, of course, has been my defender. She told me at least twice that the vice principal told her she's worried about me. She also said that she's lost 60 pounds since May, which is awesome, and now that she told me I could tell, but I am in general not an observant person so it hadn't sunk in since she said something. Once she told me, I could sort of see an image of her much larger walking down the hall in front of me.

Then I was hoping my actual friend would reassure me, but she just gave me this lecture about how it all boils down to your attitude, and I was like, uh huh, that's nice, but am I crazy or am I a normally sized person? I swear, if these people met me now, they would never think, ew, look at the skinny girl. I'm going to post the most recent picture I have of myself because I really feel like I am taking crazy pills!

I get that people's insecurities are engaged when you do something that they think they should do, or even when you increase your [insert salary or health or whatever here]. I also get that I was hearing this from one drunk woman who I already knew to be catty and gossipy. What bothers me is the idea that I could be too skinny, because I am just so darn sure that I am not! My stomach is flat and my arms are toned, but I still have my "just in case of famine" thighs. Yes, I'm down to a size 2, but that's when the store also carries 0 and 00, and I fit best in the curvy fit. And I have a petite frame, and I think that being small-chested makes me look skinnier. I'm attaching the most recent picture I have. Please tell me I'm not crazy to think I am perfectly normal and healthy!

medecember012007.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You look fantastic PG- no worries!!! I got that from a so called good friend earlier this year, whenever someone remarked on how much weight I had lost, she would mutter " too much.."on every occasion when it was mentioned, when I know darn well I haven't lost too much weight!! I don't know what drives some people to make remarks like that, especially when you have done something so good for yourself, all I know is that it happens and I too have been on the receiving end.
20.gif

Bottom line - as long as you are happy with yourself, feel healthy and are eating well, that is all that matters!!

You look gorgeous!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lorelei glad you are feeling a bit better!! hang in there and yay for loose pants.

pg..you are definitely tiny, short also right? to me you don't look unhealthy but i can see how people say you are too skinny. you're wearing what look like baggy clothes but you can see how tiny your frame is. i can imagine if you were wearing something more fitted that you'd be very tiny.

it's interesting, when i was at my smallest, people were telling me i looked too thin, apparently people were asking greg what was wrong with me...and was i sick, or whatever. i thought i looked wonderful. now i see pictures of myself from that time and while i don't think i looked unhealthy or too thin, i could see maybe how people were concerned. i hadn't been that overall slender with bones showing since high school maybe! now i am about 7 lbs heavier, a good amount of it is probably muscle, but i am not as small as before. i kind of miss it but no one says i am anything but lean/tone/in shape now. it's so interesting, people's perceptions of us. while i think 'butt out' in general to people like that, on the other hand i do also feel like...well if 10 people are saying it, maybe it does have some merit to it. surely they can't all be catty/jealous or whatever. i also think that people's perception of weight and what's acceptable has totally shifted as well, since people are typically larger rather than smaller now in america. so for me as long as you feel okay and your hubby feels you are okay (greg felt i was too thin before), then don't worry about it. plus i find our bodies have a way of regulating us at what weight it wants us to be anyway, so you might fluctuate a little. the longer people see you this small also, the more used to it they will get!

haha this holiday i won't have any problem worrying about being too thin as there are cookies all over the place and i of course want a sample. but i have to say, it's funny because i was SO interested in homemade cookies like 2 weeks ago, all i could think of was making some, having some, etc. and now there have been so many and i have consumed what feel like so many that i am like cookies...bleh. not so appealing. so now i am thinking of making cookie bars instead, with jam and shortbread or something. which sound so appealing to me...but maybe that's not a good thing. maybe i should be making cookies that sound really unappealing so i won't eat them...haha.

breakkie is egg whites and my high fiber wrap. Skip i get these at Trader Joes. they are called sonoma tortilla factory and it's the same as la tortilla factory (which is sold in regular stores typically as well) but this is an 'artisan' brand tortilla which i really like the best so far out of all the la tortilla ones. it tastes most like a tortilla to me and less like a wrap...the other sonoma/la tortilla ones taste more like wraps to me(for floury maybe?) than a tortilla. and since i love tortillas, i want it to taste like one! hehe.

today our work is having a huge floor wide potluck thing...i am just going to go to whole foods to get something to bring in and heat up, i'm so lazy. last we looked at the sign up sheet, there were like 15 desserts and no real food, so who knows what is going to happen. i'll probably be eating soup at my desk hahah. which is fine because i really don't need or want to be splurging on crappy food today. no workout tonite but i am going to bring my stuff in case i want to go walk on the treadmill (aka in case i consume too many cookies or something) to get some movement in. though maybe greg and p and i can go for a walk tonite as well.

hope everyone is enjoying a good day!! happy wed all.

PS skip did you see the orange bizchochitos recipe i posted in the cookie thread? i found it in CL and thought of you, apparently there is a way to make them a little healthier! hehe. trust me to find it!
3.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

PG, I am a terrible judge of body size when looking at pictures, and the clothes you are wearing look baggy, as Mara mentioned, so I can''t comment on how you look. If you are comfortable with the weight you are maintaining and your closest, objective friends and family aren''t concerned than I say don''t worry about it. But if those who are closest to you are concerned, than perhaps you should reevaluate.

The 1st grade class I had yesterday was very cute. I know that, long term, it''s not the right grade level for me, but they are fun to spend some time with. We went out to dinner last night at a restaurant that serves foods you''d find in Florida (Cuban, etc.). We shared sweet potato fries and I had slow roasted pork with rice and beans. I ate about 1/2 my pork, and very little of my rice and beans. I didn''t get a job today, so I''m going to work on school and Christmas stuff (baking, wrapping). This afternoon I have to do an observation of a team sport.

I stii have the I-don''t-feel-like-exercising bug, darnit! I''m going to see if I can work around it today and do something besides a walk. Not that our walks aren''t great, but my elliptical has been glaring at me.

Have a great day, all.

~K

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy to report my elliptical is now smiling, I just exercised...HOORAY! I''m so excited.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unlike Kimi''s elliptical, which is now *smiling*, the one I just rode for 65 mins is now GROANING under my heft. Poor thing!

Of course right after I finished I came home and ate my left over pasta from last night. The HH and I are acting as "secret diners" for a restaurant company in Chicago and they sent us out for Italian food last night. According to the instructions you have to order SO MANY different things. Ug. This is going to kill me! At least we only have to do it until the end of April.

Have to bolt off and walk the mutts before I go to the office. Happy Wednesday all!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hooray Kimberly and DeeJay for giving those ellipticals some excercise! I was reading RealSimple magazine this morning and at the back there was a page of "I wish someone would invent..." One of them said, "A treadmill or stationary bike that transforms that energy into electricity for the home. That way, I wouldn't feel guilty for using all those kilowatt-hours, and I'd get to work off the calories from brownies by creating the energy to bake them." I remember reading something like this in Wired magazine a few years ago and I thought it was BRILLIANT!!! It forces you to work out because the energy you put into the exercise machine becomes energy for your house.

Anyway, DeeJay, that's so cool that you are secret diners. How'd you get to do that?

Mara, I've never written as a yelper, but I've used the reviews before to determine where to go. I should look up my wedding venue.

WELCOME LadyPirate! I haven't been a WWTer for too long, but it's so motivating to come and read/post regularly. And I get lots of ideas from everyone here.

PhoenixGirl, it is difficult for me to judge how I look too. From your photo, I can't really tell if you are TOO skinny. I think that's best for your family and friends to judge. Ask yourself if you are eating healthily and getting sufficient nutrients. I went through a period several years ago, where I was eating 3 meals a day, aiming for 900 calories total each day (I got very obsessed with numbers). And I used to work out 4-5 days a week for at least 2 hours each time. No one ever commented that I was too skinny, but one day I realized, "maybe I'm not eating enough nutrients to fuel all this working out that I do." NOT HEALTHY!

Rod I worked on my assisted chin ups again. I decreased the assistance weight (I found out that I am only able to lift a tiny fraction of my weight! Putting it on plate 14 gives about 76 pounds assistance.) I went down to plate 13, which is about 67 pounds assistance, which I think means I am able to pull up only 46 pounds of my own weight! Anyway, I hope to decrease the assistance weight each week and maybe one day I'll be able to do an unassisted pull-up.

So I had personal training session 2 last night at 6PM. We didn't START until 6:20PM because she was late again even though I addressed her lateness last week (
29.gif
). Then she told me about how she is going through some difficult times at home because her husband just gave her divorce papers.
40.gif
At least this time she upped the intensity a LOT. I was *happier* with the level of difficulty, but I still wasn't completely exhausted at the end. Anyway, she stopped our session after 50 minutes and said, "ok, great work. Let's set up the next session." I looked at my watch and said, "actually I'd like to talk to you about something. I know you have a lot going on at home, but you came in ten minutes late, and then we didn't start for another ten minutes after you got here. So that means we didn't work out for a full hour. Last week I asked if 6PM is too early for you and you said no. So I trusted that you would come in on time today, but you didn't. And honestly, last week I don't feel like I got a very good workout. Tonight the level was much better, but next time I would like it to be even more intense. I am paying a lot for these sessions [thanks Rod!] and I expect to get a full hour." [Even though that seems really harsh as I read it over now, I swear it came out much nicer in real life.] She said, "you're absolutely right. I have no excuse for this, and if I didn't have another client waiting for me, I would continue with you. I can offer you longer sessions for the next three that you paid for, or I can give you an extra free session." I don't want to switch trainers just yet, mostly because she probably is going through a lot and I think she now understands that I'm tougher than I look.
20.gif

Lorelei, I'm glad your cold is finally getting defeated!

Canuk, good for you for not eating all those cookies you baked! You are such a good friend.

Marcy, I misread your post about the pizza buffet. I thought one of the pizzas was a chocolate chip cookie pizza. I was like, "that's crazy!!!" But I was wrong, right? The pizzas are separate from the choc chip cookies?!!

Skippy, when you wrote about the "sinus rinse nedi pot," I thought "HUH?! maybe Skippy is just loopy. But I saw something in a magazine and realized there is such a thing! It's just a funny name.

Steph, I know the Shape magazine you're talking about. The one with that girl from the Hills tv show? Is that the workout? I was thinking of trying it too, and maybe bringing a resistance band with me when I go to Switzerland, since I'll be away from my gym. Granted, I'll be skiing...but it doesn't hurt to have another workout to turn to right?

By this time next week I will be in SWITZERLAND! So excited! Haha, I think it is colder there than it is here.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
<------ Sorry about the epic tale that I just posted above. I didn''t realize I wrote so much!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2007 3:02:33 PM
Author: CrownJewel

By this time next week I will be in SWITZERLAND! So excited! Haha, I think it is colder there than it is here.
HI:

Ohhh, I am totally jealy! I predict there is lots of chocolate in your future......
1.gif
11.gif

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol CJ your novel isn''t any longer than what i write like 3x a day on here!!

so we just had our floor wide buffet potluck thing. CRAZY. i don''t know how i thought i would get away unscathed. i helped decorate the room first of all and one of the guys made fudge so of course he brought it in early for us. anyway overall i did okay, i had a a piece of ham, a piece of KFC chicken strip (peeled the outer layer off), some homemade mac and cheese, an eggroll that was REALLY good, a handful of glass noodles with chicken that one of the other guys here made (who knew our guys here cooked and they are single!), and a peroshky..some type of russian meat bread dumpling thing that was a huge hit and homemade by this gal here. for dessert i had a slice of russian poundcake with dried fruit (love it because it''s dry and not so sweet), 3 small squares of fudge and a piece of rocky road. so not too bad overall, there was a TON of food there i didn''t even try because i was trying to be picky. i wanted to be sure to get a fair amount of protein in (ham, chicken) because i knew i''d be consuming a lot of sugar and carbs too and find when i do it like that i feel better later.

i''ll go walk later in the gym or see if greg wants to take a long walk tonite with me and P. hope everyone is having a great day!!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
The jeans are actually quite tight in the thigh, especially the "fat" right one which is 1/2 inch bigger than the other. They look baggy at the bottom because they''re a little too long. I live in the no-woman''s land between petite and regular sizes, so I usually have to go with slightly too short or slightly too long. Who has time to get things hemmed?

CrownJewel, wow, I am glad that you are eating more than 900 calories a day now! I don''t count per se, but I estimate that I eat almost 2000 a day or more.

I think I really am one of those people with a "good metabolism," which is why I didn''t look fat when I was unhealthy. But I really do feel like I am taking crazy pills with the comments. I weigh 115; my mom (same height and frame) was 103 when she got married at age 25 (the thighs must be from my dad''s side). I''m slightly under 5''5" and I have a small frame and chest. My thighs are between 21 and 22". Does any of this add up to scary skinniness?

I feel like when I worked at the crap school that no one wanted to work at. Everyone was all nice and encouraging when I was trying to get my transfer, and then when I got it, everyone was short and snippy with me. I guess they thought I wouldn''t really get one. I naively took their word for it when they said to please tell them the minute I heard about my transfer, and then they were like, "Uh huh, that''s nice, so anyway . . ." I don''t know what it is about teachers . . . I envy my husband''s work place sometimes because everyone is so professional and incompetent people just fall by the wayside. In any state job where people''s salaries are all dictated and losing your job is difficult, I think there is more interpersonal craziness.

Perhaps what concerns people is how easy weight loss seemed to come to me? It wasn''t drastic -- no more than a pound per week -- but I think most people try and give up and try and give up. And I just woke up one day and said, ok, I am going to be healthy from now on. That is my personality type -- INTJ -- if it makes sense, if it''s the right thing to do, then you do it. That probably seems drastic to people who wouldn''t be so committed to something they''d never done before.

Although I just wanted my friend to reassure me, I do think she was right on one hand. You can have a normal BMI and be unhealthy in your habits. You can be obsessive/compulsive about exercise or food no matter what you weigh. Weight loss might be a symptom of an unhealthy obsession, but it might not be too.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Good afternoon, everyone!

I went swing dancing last night for a couple of hours--it was GREAT. Lindy is such a great work out and really fun, too. I was going to go running this morning, but it was raining when I woke up (who knew it rained in Los Angeles?
20.gif
), so I got an extra hour of sleep instead.

The diet side of things has been a little more tricky--there are ginger snaps in the office, which are a total weakness for me. Actually, I broke my no caffeine thing as well, because what are ginger snaps without a nice cup of black tea?
11.gif
Other than that and some toffee last night, though, I''ve been doing ok. I want to go pick up some of the Kashi Vive cereal (tasty, pro-biotic, and high fiber!), but haven''t had a chance yet. One of my biggest problems with the diet I think will actually be that I really enjoy a nice glass of wine or a beer a few times a week and I know that that''s not so good for the diet...do you guys have any thoughts?

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes--you all are so motivated, it''s great energy! Also, yes, it''s fine to abbreviate to LP.

PG, as long as you feel healthy, that''s the important thing. If you''re worried about your thighs, have you tried doing adductor/abductor exercises? Even if they don''t shrink, it''d help them get super toned, which is just as good!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
PG to me measurements don''t always tell the whole story. For example when I was at my smallest I was like 129/130 lbs. I am 5''7". That is not an unhealthy weight, it''s smack dab in the middle of the range for healthy. 5''7" goes from like 123 to 160 or something like that, it''s a huge range. My BMI was like 21 or something, again not unhealthy, I think 19 is the lowest you should go or something like that. Also, while my nutritionist based on her measurements of my wrists etc thinks I am ''small boned''...I actually have really wide shoulders and a kind of big ''frame'' even if my bones are small I guess. So I think that when I am lower weight I tend to look more ''gaunt'' because of my frame size, even if my bones are smaller. When I was at my smallest, my measurements were something like 34 chest, 26 waist, 36.5 hips, 20 thigh and 13.5 calf. Now they are 35 chest, 27 waist, 38 hips, 20.5 thigh, and 14 calf. So not much different. Yet for whatever reason people feel like I look better now. But anyone looking at my measurements before would not have thought that I was too thin. I mean 26 waist? 36 hips? Those are ''normal'' sized to me. But I guess for my ''frame'' it looked too small. Who really knows.

Bottom line is if you feel okay, and your husband feels you look okay (they are more objective than we are I think) and your friends and family feel okay with you, then screw everyone else! Otherwise if that isn''t the case, then maybe try to eat more healthy fats or something to get some extra meat on you?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got back from a 35 min walk.
1.gif
It is cold out 48 degrees; I forgot to put a winter head band over my ears so they are defrosting right now. hehee
I miss the warm longer days.

Jas, isn''t tomorrow your last day?!?!?!?!!? WHOOOOO HOOOOOOOO; I am so happy for you!!!

Lorelei, glad you are better!!

PG, you look fine; unless close friend who never say anything start saying things (or your hubby) then I would think a little bit about it otherwise I wouldn''t worry.

Mara, you are an angel; thanks for the cookie recipe!!! I found it on cookinglight; that is so cool you can look up recipes!! Thanks for the info on the wraps, I will look at them the next time I am at TJ''s. Hope you get a walk in.

Kimi, aren''t the little ones soooo cute; they say the funniest stuff too! Dinner last night sounds good; yay for the ellip workout!

DeeJay, yay for the workout!! What is secret diners?? How fun!!!!

Crown, you are cracking me, you thought I was making that up woman!?! It really helps and it is all natural; I do it when my sinus are really bothing me. I think there is a huge thread someone started awhile back ago; I bet if you searched nasal rinse it would pop it up. hehee Gosh, what a nutty PT, I hope she is better next time, if she isn''t I would get someone else. Glad the workout was a little better. Glad you got tough! How exciting about Switzerland, I am dying to go there because my great grandfather was from there!

Ladypirate, yay for dancing!!! Cookies are killing me too this week, eek! I love black tea, yum!

Sharon, have a safe trip and you sound like such a sweet friend!!!

Hey Rod, Monnie and Marcy!!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys. We had a great day today. Went on a long walk with our dog in the neighborhood...it is so beautiful here. We also went to walk around at this new outdoor mall that just opened up. It was really nice, but only about half the shops were opened, the rest are opening up in the next couple of weeks or so. I looked for some dressy dresses for our cruise we''re going on, but didn''t really see anything worth trying on. Hope everyone had a lovely day!

Skippy, I will post my healthier lasagna in the healthy recipe thread for ya!

Marcy, yay for almost being finished wrapping! I can''t wait to hear what your neice said about the earrings...I''m sure she loved them!

Canuk, wow 6 different kinds of cookies, how nice! Have fun with your family!

Rod, hope you had fun shopping and it wasn''t too crazy out there!

Monnie, your dinner last night sounds yummy....I love Italian!

Lorelei, yay for loose jeans...mine were feeling a little tight today
8.gif

Phonenix, people can be really rude. Just make sure you are living a healthy lifestyle and don''t worry about rude comments.

Mara, you didn''t do to bad at the potluck lunch. I can''t resist fudge either. That is funny, all the men can cook in your office. My hubby would exist on subway and pizza if I didn''t come around
2.gif

Kimi, what grade do you think you want to teach? I taught prek and kindergarten, but the younger ones def. aren''t for everybody!

DeeJay, yay for a great workout!

CJ, yep, that is the right magazine. My arms are still sore today and I usually lift 10 lb free weights, so it was a good workout. Yay for you for standing your ground with the trainer. You are right to expect your full hour when paying so much. Have fun on your trip...I am sooo jealous!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know what it is about teachers . . . I envy my husband''s work place sometimes because everyone is so professional and incompetent people just fall by the wayside. In any state job where people''s salaries are all dictated and losing your job is difficult, I think there is more interpersonal craziness.

Ugh. Don''t get me started.

Skippy -- TODAY was my last day...tomorrow is my court appearance. More later, but right now I am so very upset from work and also freaking out because I am still not sure WHY I have to go to court (i.e. am I under arrest? Am I going to get yelled at?) that I just don''t think my post would be anything but a big ol'' whine fest.

Later much, all. I''m still reading. Getting stoked to get on my Improve JAS plan.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2007 6:56:51 PM
Author: jas
I don''t know what it is about teachers . . . I envy my husband''s work place sometimes because everyone is so professional and incompetent people just fall by the wayside. In any state job where people''s salaries are all dictated and losing your job is difficult, I think there is more interpersonal craziness.

Ugh. Don''t get me started.

Skippy -- TODAY was my last day...tomorrow is my court appearance. More later, but right now I am so very upset from work and also freaking out because I am still not sure WHY I have to go to court (i.e. am I under arrest? Am I going to get yelled at?) that I just don''t think my post would be anything but a big ol'' whine fest.

Later much, all. I''m still reading. Getting stoked to get on my Improve JAS plan.
Ahh Jas, i will keep you in my prayers tomorrow.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2007 7:10:29 PM
Author: Skippy123

Ahh Jas, i will keep you in my prayers tomorrow.
Thanks sweetie. i''ll be fine (I hope!) Would ya believe that I''m so nervous that I''m breaking out like I have not done since I was a teenager?

I feel SOOOO pretty!

Some time in the next few days I will regale you all with stories of how Zippy the Pinhead came back early and basically forced me out of the building before my time was up.

I think it''ll be funny by the time I wrote it.

FYI -- my local grocery sells individual servings of prepped veggies and homemade dip (yes, Icould do it myself, but the store is saving me at least 15 seconds of work!) That was my lunch today. Sadly, I was still hungry and ate a lollipop. Note to self -- broccoli and watermelon-flavored lollies do not mix.

DH has fixed up the exercise room and surprised me with a small tv for me to watch during my workouts. Will I explode if I watch the Food Channel while I am on the elliptical?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Stephanie: I love 3rd and 4th grade curriculum, and I do well with those grades because the kids are, usually, old enough to joke with, hormones are totally raging yet. Fifth grade is the end of elementary school where I live, and I hate big-kids-on-campus syndrome. So hopefully I get to teach 3rd of 4th and then eventually (that''s a long eventually) I''ll return to school and earn another credential in SpEd so I can teach children with autism. They are my true soft spot. It''s unfortunate I didn''t figure that out until after I was 1/2 way through my program.

So we went to basketball practice with the boy I watch and got in some more exercise, we played a bit of ball while waiting for practice.

Today has been all about baking and I''ve only eaten 1 cookie, hooray! I made sugar cookies and peanut butter/chocolate fudge, so I''m doing great for all the crap I''ve got in the house.

We''re having spare ribs, carrot salad and baked beans for dinner, thanks to John.

Have a great night all!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......another super long day, but won't go into the frustrations of work...........Had a really nice evening and Indulged a plenty!! We went to one of our favorite seafodd houses and I was craving shrimp, so I had Old Bay Seasoned peel and eat srhrimp as an appetizer, then for dinner, I had jumbo fried shrimp WITH french fries AND fried hush puppies. Now, I call that indulging. Oh and this morning, I had a bowl of fruit AND a Tart Cherry Scone with my coffee at work. AND, I had 1/2 a chocolate brownie we received from our landlord as a holiday gift. So Mara.......Rod can indulge!!

After dinner, I did a little shopping all by myself, which I enjoyed. I don't get to be by myself much, so it was actually fun just strolling around the stores and I even bought Charlie a couple more gifts (workout shorts and shirt!!).

Jas, I'm sorry you're feeling pensive about the court thing tomorrow. Isn't it amazing how the innocent can be made to feel as if they're at fault?? Our justice system is not always just. I think it's someone is guilty until proven innocent in our society. I am glad today was your last day in whacko school. Maybe it wasn't nice the way it ended, but just be grateful it HAS ended. That was a major source of stress for you and you should be THRILLED to have it behind you!

Phoenix, I am sorry your "friend" upset you. People can be so inconsiderate and often, downright mean. After reading other's comments, I think Kimberly offered the best advice to you.

Yay to you both DeeJay and Kimberly for keeping your elliptical's company!! Wow, being secet diners sounds fattening, but fun DeeJay!!

CJ, GOOD FOR YOU!! I'm glad you didn't let the trainer get away with being late and short changing your session again. While it is unfortunate she's having some personal issues, they'll likely get worse if she continues treating clients like that. Hopefully, you not only helped yourself, but others who are spending their hard earned dollars with her. If it doesn't get better in the very next session, I would recommend you find another trainer and get what you are paying for. Also, way to go working on your chinups. You WILL BE SO EXCITED when you can do them completely unassisted. For me, it was such an accomplishment when I could finally do them unassisted! And wow, about being in Switzerland next week. You should at least come home with a fabulous new Swiss Watch, eh??

Glad you enjoyed your 35 minute walk in the brrrrrrrrrrrrr, cold air Skippy!!

Steph, glad you had a great day. Isn't the weather here in Florida just so fabulous this time of year??

That's about all I have tonight. It will likely be another loooong work day tomorrow and I'm definitely going to the gym and do pennance for my indugences today!!

Sleep well everyone!

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock

Steph: I love Shape magazine for home workouts or traveling workouts. That and Runner’s World are def my two fav workout magazines. And the Shuffle is my fav workout gear – I have a regular Nano but the Shuffle is so much easier to manage on a run and it clips on the strap of all my sportsbras and stays put so well.

PG: I’ve gone through a few phases of “gauntness” while training for a few of my longer running events and can remember one particular occasion when I was really proud about my fitness level and how in shape I was. I wasn’t even conscious of what I weighed, but it was obvious that I was healthy b/c I was able to work out at a level that required a considerable amount of calories and energy and wouldn’t have been able to do it if I was not fueling my body properly. Yet someone in my office took it upon himself to bring me a muffin or bagel every day for a week and each time he dropped it off all he said was that I needed to gain weight and that I was too skinny. Just like that….nothing else was ever said in the exchanges. Frankly, it was a little disturbing and rude. But I found out later that he had “trained” for several events and always bailed on the training. So at the end of the day, my feelings are that unless it is someone who knows and loves you then ignore it. People are so busy being negative all the time, I often think it boils down to jealously that you have the determination to stay healthy and work hard to be in shape. Family/close friends on the other hand should be able to measure the situation by the right barometer….so if they ever say something, then it is always worth considering. I think you look great and if you have energy and feel good, then it sounds like you are managing yourself well.

Glad everyone who was feeling poorly is feeling better this week so they can enjoy the holidays!
All this cookie talk….you guys are killing me!!! Must resist peanut butter cookies with melted hershey’s kisses on my kitchen table….

I can’t believe it’s Wednesday already. I’m pretty behind on some of my holiday shopping – my long weekend was FAB but I didn’t get as much accomplished as I would have liked. Working out has been on track all week….but I am being a little more flexible on eating. I am staying at the higher end of my cals, so no weight gain or loss. BUT…I must be consuming hords of sodium b/c I am so bloated and thirsty. It’s crazy how bad it makes you feel. I am also planning on pretty much enjoying the food on the 24th and 25th without many restrictions and will also work out on the 24th as my gym is open. Other than that, my life is so uninteresting this week. I can hear you all snoring...

Have a great Thursday!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all! YAY rod for indulging but you should have eaten the ENTIRE brownie!
3.gif
hehee. no really i am proud of you!! Yay for fried shrimp, love me some.

tdiddy, your life doesn't sound boring, i am jealous you can manage to have cookies on the table and not eat them. seriously all of you non-cookie indulgers, i am so jealous. i am a cookie craver! and even though they don't sound good anymore because i have consumed so many lately, i am still eating them! haha. i can't WAIT til xmas is over for that one reason lol.

went to the gym tonite even though it was meant to be my night off, and did run walk intervals on the treadmill for 40 minutes to burn off some of the extra indulgent calories. burned about 300 cals and did about 2.8 miles so maybe my fudge and cookies or something. after i posted earlier i had a skinny slice of pumpkin pie as well as another fudge or two. hahaa.

my coworker and i went for a 30min walk in the afternoon as well. dinner was very light, TJ's tilapia with green beans. another cookie or two haha. thank goodness greg has finished off most of the cookies in the house. just in time for me to bake for the cookie exchange tomorrow night hehee. all i can say is i'm glad that i will be at home next week and not around for all the 'leftover' sweets that everyone will be bringing in!

anyhow, about to go to bed soon...sounds like everyone had a pretty good day. YAY CJ for standing up for yourself, i think it's great you spoke up to your trainer. skip hope your ears are warmer now! Jas good luck tomorrow, not sure i remember why you are going to court but anyway i hope it's no big deal. oh and jas also, i have been kind of breaking out as well too on my face which is crazy as i hardly ever get anything...i think it's the combo of our dry air here and the whole heated house thing. i feel like my skin is just out of wack!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I met my niece at lunch and needless to say she loved her diamond studs for her graduation gift. I sent her an email tonight to see if they “fit” okay.
We went grocery shopping tonight then I made PB fudge when we got home. Tomorrow night I am making pasta salad for a pot luck at work Friday and I might make a batch of cookies tomorrow night too. Saturday I have to bake candy cane cookies and mac and cheese for our family Christmas Sunday. I am a baking fool or a fool baking – whichever way you want to look at it. Ha Ha. I will nibble a bite of the PB fudge when I cut it up to see if it’s good but want to save my calories for a hot cookie.
My back is hurting again tonight. My husband was feeling around where it hurts and says my spine has an indent in it. Interesting. It gets worse standing than walking. I think after Christmas is over I will take it easy for a few days. I am setting here with the heating pad on it – which is nice in 2 ways. It is making my back feel better and it’s warming me up. Yippee.
Monnie, I am glad you are feeling normal now. My husband and my mom both get migraines and I know they are no fun. I hope you figure out what triggers them some day. You deserve a special dinner from the Italian restaurant.
Lorelei, I am delighted to hear you are feeling better. Woo hoo for loose jeans.
PhoenixGirl, people can be so catty and petty. You know how you feel and your body will tell you if something is wrong. As long as you feel okay, have plenty of energy and eat healthy meals I wouldn’t worry about it.
Mara, I usually get pretty sick of cookies around Christmas but I hang in there and enjoy some right through Christmas. I did have one today at work and enjoyed it thoroughly.
Kimi, I am glad you enjoyed the 1st graders yesterday. I think I would choose 3rd or 4th grade to teach too. I wanted to be a teacher my whole life then majored in psychology at college. Now here I am teaching astronomy. Weird paths we sometimes take in life, eh?
DeeJay, it sounds like you had a good workout today. So you get free food for a few months, huh? That will be nice.
CrownJewel, at least willing to make things right for you. I feel bad for her situation at home but that shouldn’t impact her services for you. The pizza buffet gives you a small chocolate chip cookie for dessert. There is another pizza buffet in town that makes dessert pizzas one of which is chocolate chip cookie dough. The dessert pizzas aren’t bad but I’d take the hot cc cookie over them any day. How cool to be in Switzerland next week. Have FUN skiing and keep those legs facing the same direction at all times.
Sharon, I was thinking the same thing; mmm chocolate.
Ladypirate, I am sure your dancing burned quite a few calories. I do enjoy an occasional glass of wine but just add it in to my calories for the day. I try not to have more than one though as it encourages me to talk, eat and want to do more talking and eating both of which can get me in trouble.
Skippy, your walk sounds fun but like it was pretty chilly out there for you. I told my DH husband tonight he could walk down and pick up our mail; I told him that way my summer job and his winter job. The mail is still down the street in our box.
Steph, I am glad you had a beautiful day for a lovely walk. My niece was very excited. She didn’t want to put them on in the restaurant because I told her the screw backs are hard to use at first. She sat there with the box open for most of the time we were setting there eating our lunch.
Jas, sorry to hear you are not having a good day. Good luck in court tomorrow.
Rod, it’s good to know you indulged a little bit today; you are always so disciplined. It sounds like you had a nice time shopping tonight.
Tdiddy, I don’t have cookies yet to tempt me at home but will have that problem soon. I am not snoring but I am certainly yawning. I should have gone to bed about 10 minutes ago so it has nothing to do with you. I am glad your long weekend was FAB.
Well take care and I will check in with you tomorrow.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Checking in quickly, no workout yet as I have to go out tonight, but my eating is going well in preparation for the Holiday. I have on a tightish top which helps I find to remind me to be careful with food, it is close fitting so it just acts as an incentive to take it easy. It may sound strange, but I eat far more selectively if I dress that way, than if I have on a baggy old sweatshirt!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Hi WWTers! I havne''t been around much but just wanted to pop in and wish you happy holidays. I''m doing pretty well with staying on track. I work with a very small office and there really havent been goodies around and we have already been to the holiday parties we were invited to, and I haven''t gained any weight, so I figure that''s good! I am still frustrated with the plateau, but am mixing up my routine a little after meeting w/ a trainer, so I hope that will help. She helped me correct my form on some of my strength training exercises - hooray for more effective abs - and she recommended doing weights 3 times a week, and cardio the other 3 days. She also recommended having a fruit or vegetable snack each morning and afternoon, and drinking green tea. So I''ve been incorporating those things and I hope it will help me move past my rut. I''m also tracking on myfooddiary.com again to keep me honest :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey TDM, good to see you!
35.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lorelei, good to see you too! I''ve been trying to spend less time on PS, but it is hard to stay away!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Everyone! Last night was my super crazy indulgence night. FI had won a competition in school, so he and 3 other teammates decided to spend their winnings on a fancy dinner with their significant others. Lucky me!! We decided on Tao, an Asian Fusion (we call it asian confusion) restaurant that was really trendy for a while. I guess it still is trendy because the place was PACKED last night.

I am salivating as I think about describing to you all what I ate. For an "appetizer" I had a chef''s special sushi roll. I gave away half of the roll (WHY?!) to the other people there. But in return I got a lobster and shrimp dumpling. YUM. It was a fried dumpling, and huge, but so tasty. For my main course, I had a miso glazed chilean sea bass. I ate every morsel on my plate because it was SO good. That was the first time I ever had chilean sea bass. It''s like cross between lobster meat and codfish. It''s flaky and succulent all at the same time. It was served with a small pile of seasoned, stir-fried chopped vegetables which was a nice accompaniment. My dessert was a molten chocolate cake with coconut ice cream. Totally delicious. Among 8 people, we shared two bottles of a dry, savory sake. They had a pretty good sake list, in a nice range of prices. I should yelp this!

Unfortunately, I liked the sake a bit *too* much and I didn''t drink enough water last night when I got home so I woke up this morning...wishing I didn''t have to go to work.

MUST GET TO THE GYM...

Marcy, I hope your back is ok!! Definitely make sure to take it easy.

Mara, it sounds like you are working off all those cookies!

Rod, I am a total seafood fiend, so your indulgence dinner sounds awesome!!! You definitely deserved it. P.S. I am TOTALLY hoping to get a new watch! It''s so funny you said that b/c I just talked to FI last night about looking for watches while we are there.

Kimberly, hooray for having such self-control over those cookies.

Jas, I laughed about the brocolli and lollipop. Even worse would be a brocolli flavored lollipop...

Skippy, was your MRI yesterday? When do you get the report back? And re: the nasal neti pot (what is neti?) I will have to try it the next time I am sick. Haha. If you lived in NY, I would bring back chocolates for you from Switzerland.

LadyPirate!! I used to swing dance too! Oh it was such a fad in NYC in 1998-1999. Clubs and bars everywhere were scheduling swing dancing nights...it was so much fun. I only knew East Coast swing. A friend tried to teach me West Coast (is that the same as lindy?) but for some reason I never mastered it. Anyway, good for you for dancing off those calories!

Steph, my pants are tight again too.
7.gif
It''s ok, we''ll work it off.

Lorelei, I can''t wear any of my tight-ish tops anymore...but hope to remedy that! Just having them in my closet helps to remind me though!!! I miss all of my clothes.

Canuk-gal, I have received many requests for Swiss chocolates already! I should bring an extra suitcase just for all the chocolates I have to bring back.

PG, it sounds like you are fine. Ignore the catty woman at work...sounds like she is jealous!

TDM, I just started with a trainer too (unfortunately with some drama). It''s nice to have someone pay attention to your form...it really makes a difference.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Got back from a 35 min walk; I did some house cleaning too (mopped and vacuumed).
3.gif
It is much warmer and sunny today, yay! In fact I saw a nice green bush which made me wish for spring weather. heheee I have been craving goodies; thank goodness there are no more cookies in the house!!! I am making Christmas lunch at my house; let''s see how that goes.
2.gif

Steph, I will be looking forward to the lasagna recipe! Glad you had a great walk!

Jas, you have been in my thoughts today; I hope you are fine. Hug!!!

Rod, yum to seafood; that is what I miss in the desert! I love where I live but I miss the ocean and the seafood. I always get my fix when I travel to either coast! Yay for the brownie.
3.gif

Tdiddy, I am impressed you are resisting cookies. I would be all over those things. hehee Yay for working out!

Mara, yay for 40 min workout and the walk w/your coworker! My ears did defrost. heeeeheee

Marcy, I am glad she liked the studs; you are such a sweet aunt!!!! I am not making fudge; I wanted to but I have no willpower to just eat a little
15.gif

Lorelei, yay for your reminder!

Gail, good to see you and yay to eating healthy!!!

Crown, you are soooo sweet! I don''t know what nedi means? here is the thread https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/chronic-sinus-problems.63655/
Ah, thanks for wanting to bring me chocolates!!! have one for me out there; have a fab trip
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I got off work at 4 today and have made my pasta salad for tomorrow and cut up the PB fudge. It’s not bad. I didn’t eat a piece of it but nibbled on little crumbs that fell off. My back is starting to hurt already so I am debating whether to bake a batch of cookies or not. I took some advil and will set here with the heating pad for awhile before I decide.
Tomorrow is my last day of work until December 31st. Woo hoo!
Lorelei, good idea to wear something snug to stay focused on eating sensible. I think I’ll wear some tight pants on Christmas to keep me out of the snacks and cookies.
Tandogmom, it sounds like your trainer is giving your some great ideas. I work at a big place and we haven’t had much food around yet but since the pot luck is tomorrow there will probably be goodies everywhere.
CrownJewel, congratulations for winning a competition. Your celebration dinner sounds fun. I think my back is okay; it feels fine when I get up and doesn’t start hurting until I stand around for a few hours. It doesn’t seem to bother me that much when I am walking. Thanks for asking.
Skippy, I am cooking Christmas dinner at my house too. I keep thinking of trying to find a restaurant open but I am sure it will be fine. We’ll both put out a great feast! I sure wanted to eat more fudge than a few bites when I cut it up but I am saving room for a hot cookie tonight. I am glad you had a nice walk today. My house cleaning will have to wait until Monday.
Take care. I’ll check in later.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results