shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 16th April till 22nd April

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday morning everyone!

For my weigh in I am down 16.5 lbs total. Not sure how that compares to last week because I must not have weighed in (?) but it's down 4 lbs from two weeks ago from when I was mad at myself for splurging during my entire annual project, so I'm happy with it.

Last night the HH grilled some fish and veggies and we had a salad. Not sure what we're doing tonight but I have to get up a bit early tomorrow and eat something because I can't eat or drink anything for at least three hours before my stress test at 9:45 and I don't want to go in there with the last thing eaten being dinner from the night before. I'd probably faint from sheer hunger, forget about the heart thing!

Skippy and Jeannine, I did WW for a while and always wondered about how points and calories correlated. The hardest thing for me was that 2 + 2 could equal 5--or 6! For instance, if you had one two point bar you had 2 points. But if you had two 2 point bars and looked at the combined score on the slide rule thing it could be more than just 2 + 2. Man was I mad when I found that out becuase I would often save up four points 'till the end of the day and then splurge with two chocolate mint bars. At least calories are calories and there's no mystery to the calculation!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol DJ re the cals vs WW points, i kind of agree. plus everyone posts calories (or most do) so it's just flat out easier when i am shopping to look at cals. and i still ate stuff that had a high amount of fat sometimes (aka chicken pot pies) but as long as i was under or within my cal range, i still lost the weight. so i tried not to get too anal about cals vs fat vs this or what. it was more like cals and then if it had protein and fiber, total bonus. and hopefully it wasn't like 50% fat. hahaa. but i know that a lot of people swear by WW so whatever works is awesome of course. it's all so personal.

welcome back lulu! i was going to say that i don't know if you saw my post in the other thread about how air travel on long flights can make your body retain fluids and end up showing ~3 lbs heavier on the scale. so that might have been why the scale was reflecting a higher # after only being gone a week. i know on shorter flights i don't seem to have the gain but when i do think back sometimes on longer flights it seems like i feel so bloated and gross afterwards and i could see it correlating to icky scale numbers heehe.

so my weigh in this week is kinda weird. my measurements are the same basically, i won't post them in a big long thing again since there are no changes, but 35ish bust, 9.5" arm, 26ish waist, 33ish lower waist, 36ish hips, 19.5 thigh and 13.5 calf. however yesterday after not being at the gym for 3 days and just doing a lot of walking instead, i was down THREE lbs. kinda crazy! i know that there are ways that your body can retain weight but how about randomly losing it? hahaa. so anyway i don't really believe it but it said i was 129. my maintenance weight is 131 and since my measurements are exactly the same and spot on for my maintenance then i am not going to worry about the scale being lower. i won't be back at the gym til friday now that i am trying 2 days of gym and 5 days of walking so as long as it's not like 134 i will be fine with whatever!

this totally correlates though with what i was saying previously about it being hugely on what i eat. the last few days i have been really good with eating, but i have still had some splurges. aka on sat night we went for burgers and fries, sunday night we had pasta where i had bread and a creamy pasta dish, last nite i had a few things from taco bell. i have had some sort of specialty small chocolate thing for dessert each night. BUT the one thing i have not been doing is OVERindulging...aka i am trying to do more moderation and 'do i really want this' kinda thinking. so i really think for me the key is to stay very active with walks and gym and weights, and watch my eating for the most part and still let splurges in but try not to stuff myself or overeat on something i really love. i think that might be my 'recipe' for success. so we'll see, i am going to keep doing that and we'll see how things pan out.

i am really happy though because after last week's 'first week' 2-3 days of massive crap eating at my new job i was totally stressed out that my new habits would just fly out the window if i wasn't careful. after eating like 6 desserts on thursday i was like WOAH woman. sometimes i think my brain just shuts down haha. so it seems that even with a crazy bunch of splurges like last week, that if i have a few 'lighter' days (aka 1400-1500 cals) then i can kind of bring it back in and keep anything bad from happening weight wise. so i am really happy to see that 2-3 days of crap eating doesn't really mean anything in the long-term scheme of things. i know we READ stuff that says that but when it's happening to you, you feel pretty stressed out. so yay.

breakfast today was an egg mcmuffin with egg white, bacon, 2% cheddar slice on whole grain english muffin with 8g fiber hehe. yum yum!!! i am a pro now with the egg ring. i need more Optimum waffles so i think i will walk over to WF today at some point and pick some up. i think lunch will be a chicken tikka masala and rice frozen dish from 'ethnic gourmet'...i got it at the specialty organic frozen aisle at the local store. i have had it once before and it's really good, like 11oz and 200 cals. i have meetings basically from like 10am to 2pm today so i won't be getting out too much. bringing a yogurt and 100 cal balance bar (finally got to the store that has them last nite and bought like 12!) for snacks along with a pear.

congrats becky on measurements changing!! i hear ya on the checking in, it does help especially on days when you feel like 'why am i doing this again'...hang in there, you ARE making progress as you can see! kudos DJ on the weight lost so far, just keep it up and you'll be at goal in no time. just looking, i LOVE pineapple too...it's coming into season (or is in season?) and so it's everywhere right now and i keep picking up pre-cut containers of it at WF...i go through like 2 a week. hehee. it's SUPER sweet right now. i don't even need anything on it..mm!

have a wonderful day everyone!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone, I think if I don''t get some sleep soon I will see the doc. I managed a workout yesterday and I felt a bit better after it, I will try and fit in another one later today.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 10:49:31 AM
Author: Lorelei
Thanks everyone, I think if I don''t get some sleep soon I will see the doc. I managed a workout yesterday and I felt a bit better after it, I will try and fit in another one later today.
I''m sorry you''re not sleeping. Definitely get some help on that if you need to.

It is good to see you posting though, you have been missed.
emrose.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
great job becky!!! inches are way more important than pounds since muscle weighs more. everyone sounds like they are doing fabulous. i def agree that posting here makes you accountable for your actions. i thought 2x before shoveling in another plate of dinner last night, even though it was beyond delicious...i had oatmeal as a snack while watching the game...OATMEAL!!!! i usually have 3-4 cookies with a HUGE glass of milk. my weight is the same as last week (119), although i''m not doing measurements this week due to ttotm.
14.gif
. i''m having leftovers tonight..yum! hopefully i''ll have toned up some by next week---these pilates dvds are really kicking my butt. i feel really good after doing them. i see a difference in my thighs..they are definately slimer than before. now hopefully my tummy tones up some more--pregnancy really is a body changing experience..lol. i''d only been going walking, but added the dvds this week. i was sporadically
20.gif
doing the dvds in january, but have really been keeping to them this month. on a happy note the weather is supposed to be gorgeous this weekend so hopefully i''ll be able to get out for a LOOOONNNGGG walk. i can''t wait to see the sun, its been at least a week since i saw it.
emhot.gif
happy wednesday to all.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 11:02:36 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 4/18/2007 10:49:31 AM
Author: Lorelei
Thanks everyone, I think if I don't get some sleep soon I will see the doc. I managed a workout yesterday and I felt a bit better after it, I will try and fit in another one later today.
I'm sorry you're not sleeping. Definitely get some help on that if you need to.

It is good to see you posting though, you have been missed.
emrose.gif
Gosh Lorelei I am sorry. I will pray you get sleep.

Mara and DJ I know WW point is confusing. I usually round up on points if it sounds to good; maybe I am not doing it right. I keep in mind calories, so maybe I will write calories so I don't confuse people.

Gosh, I am liking everyones food suggestions and input on what they eat! It gives me great ideas.

Becky 2 lbs is great.
Rod, I so love that you are such a good cheerleader
9.gif
Glad you are ejoying a lovely meal on the terrace; I love the out doors for dining.
Divergrl that is great you don't have such bad cravings like your last pregnancy. Whoooo hoooooo for running Kcoursolle! Lovelylulu I bet Mara is right; how exciting to go to Paris. I bet the food was wonderful. DJ awesome on the total of 16lbs!!! Wow, Mara the walking is paying off! Yeah, for good weather NYsparkle.

I have a challenge today. I am meeting some friends at Slate Street for lunch; they have the best food! I usually order the salmon, bacon sandwich with fries. I think I will see if there is something healthier or else order the sandwich, not eat the bacon and see if they will substitute fries for salad or fruit. I ate toast this morning so I don't use up too many of my calories.

I am doing step aerobics tonight! I need it! Catch you all later
2.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone - I wanted to say thanks for all your good wishes. The wisdom tooth removal went pretty well yesterday - it was an in-office procedure, only local anesthesia (plus some valium to help me relax), and it went much quicker than I was expecting (they did a couple of fillings that needed to be replaced at the same time, and that actually took longer than the wisdom tooth extractions). I slept OK but not great last night thanks to lots of sleeping pills. I''m pretty sore and tired this morning but otherwise OK. I''m eating small soft and liquid meals today and hopefully the pain and swelling will go down soon.

I think with how I''m feeling I won''t need to worry too much about calories - even with normal breakfast and lunch yesterday I was only at 950 cals for the day. I''m going to try to stay above 1000 so I don''t lose too much muscle, since apparently exercise is something you''re not supposed to do for at least a whole week afterwards!! I hadn''t realized it was quite that long.
3.gif
Oh well, it sounds better than the alternative, which would be prolonging the healing even longer.

Anyway, thanks so much for the good thoughts and if you have a chance healing thoughts would be appreciated - I''m still feeling really under the weather and its a fair amount of discomfort and swelling. It sounds like everyone is doing really well and I''ll keep checking in to read about your successes even though I may not post much this week.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Skippy: Yeah, you are doing the points wrong. You really need to use a point calculator for each food item. Why its not a perfect number is because it has to do with fiber & fat.

If you have a food with high fiber & low fat, you will be able to eat a higher calorie value (example: a point will be closer to 90 cals)

If you have a food with low or no fiber & high fat you will only be allowed a lower calorie value (example: a point will be closer to 70 cals)

The thinking is that higher fiber foods fill you up better causing you to eat less empty calories throughout the day. Which is pretty true. Fiber is filling and good for your colon. (also a cancer preventer)

If you can grab a point slider from a meeting, use it religiously. (or just count calories, you really don''t need to do both.....Mara finds counting calories easiest, I find counting points to be easier. I was an English major, I can''t count higher than 30. LOL)

For example, I am 5''5". At my pre-preg weight I got 20 points a day on the flex plan. I still had 35 flex points to use throughout the week, but at my height, I found if I used them ALL I gained. So I only allotted myself 21 extra flex points a week & crossed off those other 14. If I wanted to eat more, I''d "earn" more points that day through exercise.

HTH...

I didn''t make it to cycling this morning (I needed sleep & didn''t want to rush my son to the gym at 8:15 am) but I''m getting ready to put on my shoes and take him for a 2.5 mile walk to the library & back. I have books to return/check out.... Pushing him in the stroller---uphill the last 1.25 miles is a workout.

Divergrrl

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DG i actually found the WW point calculation online last nite, i meant to post it then forgot. skippy maybe you can google WW points calories...which is what i did and it was like the 3rd or 4th natural search link on the page. it shows how to calculate cals into points using the whole fiber/fat thing.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I better clarify. I counted calories yesterday and converted them to points in my head using 50 calories since it does vary; I don't know why I did it but I did for some random reason. I do have a points converter and have been doing WW points for awhile and count calories at times too. I actually went back and looked at the back of the labels and actually had 24 points yesterday. Thanks everyone
2.gif
From now on I will post calories; sorry about that. heehee

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Ellen
emrose.gif
I will make an appointment if this continues. I will try for a session on the treadmill shortly. AG, I am sending you healing thoughts and I hope you feel better soon.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
don''t worry aboout the weight gain divergirl. when i was pregnant i gained about 40 pounds. i was eating healthy and walking alot. my doc said everybody is different and since i was eating healthy and had good blood pressure, he wasn''t worried. i gained 6 pounds the last week!!
32.gif
i wonder what i would have weighed had i not gone early?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

congrats dee jay and becky and all others who continue to lose.

yay for Taco Bell mara. we go there every now and then and it''s always a yummy treat. plus, i think it''s great when you can just plan your splurge so you can take in the calories and cut back if you need to somewhere else. Hubby did that the other day with McDonalds. he really wanted a quarter pounder and they are 550 so he just added it in and planned for it in his daily totals. he''s down 4 pounds since he started 2 weeks ago and i''m so proud of him. he''s also keeping up the excerise which I think is important too.

Rod, I love this thread. i used to be a fitness instructor and working out was a way of life for me. Once I had my 2 little ones it was just hard to get to the gym but I still walked and tried to stay active. It''s been pretty easy to jump back into the routine plus my girls love the nursery and the swimming and it''s nice to have a break from them while i''m working out too.

So, today and did 55 minutes on the cybex arc for an all time high of 600 calories in one session. i did a 5 minute cooldown bring the total to 60 minutes and 650 calories burned. woo hoo!! I''ve been very good eating today and since I had such a great workout I don''t want to negate it by eating poorly so it should be easy to stay on track foodwise. I''m also gearing up for a big splurge girl weekend in LA where I know we''ll be eating out and enjoying the adult beverages.

i hope everyone has a happy hump day!!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Ok! Did my 2.5 mile walk today pushing 25lb toddler in a big jogging stroller! Felt good to breathe the fresh air and get some sun....and we hit the market on the way home--bought some no-pudge brownie mix & organic raspberry preserves (I feel like a treat tonight) Love the no-pudge. My market (its an organic one) doesn''t carry Fage, but the guy who works in the dairy dept. told me I''m the 3 person to ask him this week. He''s going to look into it. I''ll post my Fage questions on the other thread.

Ok...I''m off to satisfy my bling tooth on the SMTR thread. :)

Later!

Jeannine

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

Just a quick check in. Sounds like everyone continues to do fantastically!

Way to go Becky and DeeJay!

Had a great dinner last night after not eating since 7:30 am, I was super hungry, but portions were huge. So I ate about 1/3 of my chicken, 1/4 of my mashed potatoes and 1/2 a caprese salad (J and I split it). The server and the bus boy who took my plate both asked if something was wrong with the food, and I was like "no, there''s just enough to serve 4 people on my plate!"

We ate a later breakfast this morning and have dinner reservations at 5:30.

We went neighborhood hunting today and I am having a bit of a freakout about moving. I found a few houses that I am absolutely in love with, I''m just not so sure I can handle being so far away from CA, from my family. John is being really supportive and we''re going to continue discussing this over the next week or so and then decide what we should do. Either way we''re going to move, either here or close to downtown San Diego...but I think it''s a lot more likely that we''ll be moving to SD. I''m really suprised by my reaction, as is John. I feel horrible that I led him to believe that this is something I could do, but I thought it was until we started wandering around and instead of excitement there was a knot in the pit of my stomach. Anyways, just a brief update. I don''t have anyone to discuss this with as my family is out of the country and I don''t want to change my mind only to possibly change it back and get their hopes up...so I''m ranting to you guys instead. We have tickets to see a play tonight, I''m really looking forward to getting my mind off of this as I''m feeling totally overwhelmed and upset.

Keep up the fantastic work, WWTers!

~K

Keep up the great work, WWTers!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
kimberly good to see you checking in. i hear ya on what you are feeling about moving. our trip to NC is booked...but now that i have this new job and all that...we have been talking more about potentially sticking around. greg commented on how it was funny now it seems like we might not be as interested in NC anymore. it kind of ebbs and flows like that for us. but i think going there and visiting it will really tell us yay or nay for sure like you are experiencing. but yeah sometimes there is no better way to know right? i am looking fwd to the trip for us because it will be fun regardless to check out a new place but yeah i have a feeling we might not be moving hehe. trying to keep an open mind though.

mrs salvo, i totally agree re planned splurges, or at least knowing what is in the stuff you like so if you are caught off guard somewhere you can make a ''smart'' decision. i mostly know what is okay to eat at most of the places we go to or can estimate pretty well at this point but i love when places do tell you cals and stuff because it just makes it THAT much easier. and especially fast food places because it would be really hard to estimate!! a QP is only 550 cals?! good to know for the future because sometimes i get a mcdonalds craving too and i love me a good QP. i could take it home and make baked alexa fries (shoestring ones so they are almost like the real mcdonalds ones which i love) for 120 cals and i''d be fine on cals!!

so i have been in meetings basically all day today..busy busy!! i had a 100 cal balance bar (vanilla crisp is REALLY good too, the whole bar is covered in a vanilla sweet coating, yum), and a pear. then i had my 200 cal chicken tikka masala and rice for lunch. i just had a ww 80 cal lemon cake (seriously love these things!!!) and will most likely have some pineapple and maybe another 100 cal balance bar or a jello pudding cup or something for snack before leaving today. i have been really hungry all day so i''m glad i have stuff around to eat that is good for me. tonite i think we are walking to amicis to get dinner (*Finally*?) and walking home for my ''exercise''...but i am also going for a 1m walk in about 10 minutes just to get out of the office and into the SUN for a few minutes. i need a little break.

hope everyone is having a great day!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
hi everyone!

so it's Wednesday weigh-in day, my first one! So I guess I'll call it my week 1.

Week 1
Height 5’1”
Weight 110.5
Bust 32
Waist 24.25
Low Waist 30.5
Hips 36.5!
Arms: 10

That’s all I measured, figured that good enough- had to finish getting ready for work! So it’s officially OUT THERE, and now I have to be responsible to someone other than me
26.gif

So- I sometimes get this weird hip issue. Randomly I'll get a bit of a pinched nerve, and it's REALLY painful. Haven't figured out anything that causes it, and it does not happen all that often. So.. that happened today, and there is really nothing to be done for it but to rest and let the inflammation go down. But I was feeling sooooo lazy not getting activity in, so I figured I would at least take the dog for a couple mile brisk walk. and it felt nice! But of course, now my hip hurts even more! Sooooo I may have to take it easy on that front for a bit unfortunately. blah. Eating was good today, nothing too exciting but well within my cals.

AG- I had a feeling that you would not have to worry too much about going over your cals following the wisdom teeth. I believe I barely ate for a week after having mine removed b/c I hated the feeling with the stitches in the back of my mouth. Feel better soon!

Kimberley- So sorry you're stressing now about the potential move! It seems that you two don't really have any time constraints though, so give it time and I'm sure you'll figure out what the RIGHT thing is for you. If nothing else, you two can continue to use Chicago as a frequent vacation spot! Hope you're continuing to enjoy the tasty side of Chicago at least!

Lorelei- you poor thing. You really need to get some sleep! What about a little Tylenol pm? Take care of yourself!

Rod- I am sooo not a Florida person, but your colorful descriptions make me want to head right down! hehe... hope you're continuing to enjoy your homecoming.

Mara- that's awesome that you're fitting your eating plan into the new environment. It can be so tough to do that around new people, new environment, new temptations! good for you
36.gif

Congats DJ and Becky on the pound/inches loss! I hope I did not miss anyone
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did high impact step aerobics and it was funny to hear "Too Legit" by MC Hammer tonight during class; class was great!!! Very challenging, yeah!

Kimberly, isn''t life funny sometimes. I would so miss the water and sunny warm days! Have fun out there.

AG hope your mouth feels better. Wow, MRSS I am impressed with the 55 min 600 calorie burn! Yeah for the 2.5 mile walk Diver! Mara, I love all your food suggestions; I am going to look for the balance bar. Hey, icekid.

I ate light. I didn''t do lunch w/friends; it was postponed till tomorrow.

Have a great evening everyone
2.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hey everyone, sounds like everyone is doing so well. I have had a really stressful day, it is just a stressful time - things are really busy for school and work. I had to skip my workout which I almost never do, but had to work late and also complete a big assignment for tomorrow and I didn''t want to be up late again. The lack of sleep is really wearing me down. I think I will be at a stopping point soon and actually get to bed at a decent hour tonight, yay! My masters project is due next Weds (written document) and Fri (presentation) and then I close on my new house on the following Monday and move later on that week, and so I just feel like everything is getting crazy at once.

Anyway, back to the topic of this thread, even though I had to skip my workout today, I have been otherwise on good track with my workouts for the week and also for eating well. Today I finished up at about 1600 cals for the day, not too shabby.

Divergrrl, quick question for ya! You mentioned teaching spin while pregnant. I had always heard that you are not supposed to ride a bike while pregnant, so is spin OK? I had thought maybe it was something physiological with the bike riding but maybe the risk is falling off the bike - which of course is not a problem in spin (unless you are having a really bad day). I am just thinking ahead for the future, because I love cycling! (In fact, I jokingly told DH we will have to plan our family around triathlon season!)

I hope you are continuing to feel good. Don''t worry about your weight - if I remember right you posted a pic of yourself a while back and you looked fab, definitely not overweight at all!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I had an odd distribution of cals, but I'm comming in around 1300 or so (big cals for lunch; light for breakfast and dinner).

The HH got me some Fage the other day, both the 2% kind and the no fat kind so I can check them out (and I didn't even have to ask him to do that, I just assumed he'd get the no fat version--whatta guy!). I want to do it Al's way with the cocoa powder but I don't think we have any right now so that will be this weekend's project. The tubs are huge though--do you split them up? Can you mix in the stuff and only eat half (i.e., will it still be OK if you come back to it the next day?)?

Tomorrow my stress test is at 9:45 and I can't eat anything for three hours before, plus I can't drink anything during that time either. My alarm is set for 6:30 so I can roll over in bed and snarf down a granola bar and some water becuase I just can't belive I should go in there not having eaten ANYTHING for over 12 hours!

And I'm sure this sounds crazy but I'm SO looking forward to doing the test! I keep thinking, FINALLY, an opportunity to WORK OUT, LOL!

Kimberly, I'm sad to hear that Chi-Town might not be your next stomping ground, but you definitely have to do what's best for you. There's nothing that says you can't come and visit though!

Icekid, I'm about the same height as you (well, OK, maybe I'm only about 5 feet even... ) and my goal weight is 110. At least I *think* that's my goal--I haven't been there since high school so I'm not sure what 110 really looks like on my frame so I guess I'll just have to wait and see as I get closer. Sorry to hear about your hip BTW, but give it a little rest and I'm sure you'll be as good as new.

AG, healing vibes going your way!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gail, I'm not diver but I taught 3 spinning classes a week while pregnant with both of my kids. I actually taught up until 2 weeks b/f I delivered my first and a month before I delivered my second. My OB said go for it b/c I had been teaching long before I was pregnant he even said I should add in water aerobics. I think it's probably the chance of injury or falling off a moving bike that one wouldn't want to ride while prego, high impact dance/step aerobics isn't a good idea either once you get further down the road where balance can become an issue.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, I''m glad you''re still going to check out the Raleigh area, but I so don''t see you and Greg living there. It will be such a culture and lifestyle shock that I''m afraid long term it won''t be for you. But I''m still glad you''re going to be sure. Lord knows we tried to make it home, but it''s just not cosmopolitan enough and I hated the winter weather with a passion, plus the lack of water was a downer too. Of course having a horrible job didn''t help my outlook on the area much either.

Icekid, I could be on the Sell Florida Board of Advisors. I''m just so darn happy to be back where I belong that I know I''m overlooking the flaws (every place has them) and just fixating on what appeals to us. Still, we''ve lived here 12 years now, so there''s much to like about our hot part of the country here. LOL

Kimberly, trust that knot in your stomach. I know that sounds funny coming from someone who was encouraging you to go to Chicago, but that was only because it seemed your heart was already there. Sometimes our hearts do funny things from a distance and sometimes when we really have an opportunity to do something we thought was right, it doesn''t turn out the way we hoped it would. Trust me on that one. I thought Raleigh was going to be a great place for us. After all, Charlie missed the seasons and we would be so much closer to our families in he Northeast, but ultimately it proved to be a bad choice all the way around. And, I knew before going that I was making a mistake, but I refused to listen to my gut and I let the "opportunities" cloud my vision. I won''t ever do that again. Anyway, my advice is trust you gut. But also, enjoy your time up there and have some fun.

Today was a really nice day again. Perfect weather. Virtually no humidity. Blue Blue skies and temps around 80 with a balmy breeze. Perfect shorts and T-shirts weather!! I did some on-line job hunting (didn''t really see much of interest), then met Charlie for lunch and coffee. Then, I was tempted to go for a run since it was so nice out, but I ran on Monday and my legs are actually still a little sore from the run, so I decided I''d go to the gym (the elliptical never makes my legs sore) and I had a fantastic workout. I''ve been working on the new unassisted chinup exercises our trainer here in Tampa showed us and I managed to do 4 sets of 10, fully extended, no less. WOO HOO. I saw more people I hadn''t seen at the gym since we left and I guess I have made some good progress, as everyone commented that I looked better than when we left.

Tonight, there was an unofficial condo homeowner meeting. Our building is new and not even fully occupied, but it''s pretty expensive and now that there are 37 families residing in the tower, a lawyer met with us and discussed the process (and associated headaches) with turning over the building from developer to owner. Seems it''s quite a process and one that can drag on for some time. Like we have to hire lawyers and engineers to do assessments to ensure we got exactly what the plans called for in the structure. It can take like 3 or more years to resolve everything. I surely didn''t know a condominum tower could be so complex to turn over. Still, we love our home and we''re actually quite happy with our unit and the building.

Anyway, that''s all the news from our end of the world. Sounds like everyone''s doing well.

Lorelei, I hope you get some help with your sleeping difficulty. When I was laid off last September, I didn''t sleep for like three weeks, so I know what it''s like. I should have sought help, but I didn''t. You should seek some help if you don''t start sleeping immediately.

I hope everyone''s looking forward to a terrific Wednesday.

Your friend,
Rod

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, your note came through as I was posting my note. I''ll be thinking really positive thoughts about you and your stress test tomorrow. I just know everything''s going to be fine, but I''m so glad you''re having the test. I did get a chuckle out of your comment about it being a workout. Now there''s a "stress"ful workout, to say the least. You show them how healthy you are and push right on through that test! Do check in as soon as you can and let us know how it went, OK?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/18/2007 11:02:17 PM
Author: Rod

Tonight, there was an unofficial condo homeowner meeting. Our building is new and not even fully occupied, but it's pretty expensive and now that there are 37 families residing in the tower, a lawyer met with us and discussed the process (and associated headaches) with turning over the building from developer to owner. Seems it's quite a process and one that can drag on for some time. Like we have to hire lawyers and engineers to do assessments to ensure we got exactly what the plans called for in the structure. It can take like 3 or more years to resolve everything. I surely didn't know a condominum tower could be so complex to turn over. Still, we love our home and we're actually quite happy with our unit and the building.

Woah -- that is a much more complex and drawn out process than any turn over to an association that I've seen! It shouldn't be the association's job or expense to determine that the structure was built as designed--didn't the city or some other municipal body come and inspect the building before they gave an occupancy permit? As for three years, all I can say is that time period is dumbfounding to me. Please keep us posted on this process as it unfolds because I personally am very interested in its progress.

ETA: We must have been posting at the same time again -- thanks for the positive thoughts and I'll post as soon as I get back.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/18/2007 11:08:41 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

Date: 4/18/2007 11:02:17 PM
Author: Rod

Tonight, there was an unofficial condo homeowner meeting. Our building is new and not even fully occupied, but it''s pretty expensive and now that there are 37 families residing in the tower, a lawyer met with us and discussed the process (and associated headaches) with turning over the building from developer to owner. Seems it''s quite a process and one that can drag on for some time. Like we have to hire lawyers and engineers to do assessments to ensure we got exactly what the plans called for in the structure. It can take like 3 or more years to resolve everything. I surely didn''t know a condominum tower could be so complex to turn over. Still, we love our home and we''re actually quite happy with our unit and the building.

Woah -- that is a much more complex and drawn out process than any turn over to an association that I''ve seen! It shouldn''t be the association''s job or expense to determine that the structure was built as designed--didn''t the city or some other municipal body come and inspect the building before they gave an occupancy permit? As for three years, all I can say is that time period is dumbfounding to me. Please keep us posted on this process as it unfolds because I personally am very interested in its progress.

ETA: We must have been posting at the same time again -- thanks for the positive thoughts and I''ll post as soon as I get back.
Dumbfounding is an understatement to me. According to the attorney who came (who of course hopes we''ll hire, for what I''m sure are huge sums of money) was the one who said the turnover and resolution of issues can take liek three years. Like wow, we could be a cash cow for this guy. He cited a tower just up the street from us that was completed more than years ago and is still in litigation (funny that he''s their attorney). What was interesting though was the dynamic of the owners in our building. The group of us who moved in earliest were not unhappy or looking for a fight. It''s the newer people (who are on the higher (way more pricey, so they''re way richer than us poor folks on the lower levels) floors who were all up in arms over whether we got what was specified. And yes, I agree with you. The city did inspect the tower throughout the entire building process and we got a CO (certificate of occupancy), so one would believe the building is built to code. But, it''s evidently normal process to have this arbitration period where both sides are ready to duke it out or something. Why are some people always so ready to fight. I actually left the meeting early as I made the comment that the building wasn''t even ready to be turned over to us and we don''t know if there are any major defects and we''re already hiring an attorney and preparing for battle. That sentiment didn''t sit well with the penthouse people. LOL

Anyway, good luck tomorrow. I know you''ll do really well.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Gail: Ditto what Mrs. Salvo said. You can ride a stationary bike, its the road bikes a prego one should avoid (can fall/get hit by a car). My spinning/cycling classes are in room, in a gym, and the bikes are stationary. If you are healthy and low risk for problems you can pretty much do whatever you want as long as you can keep your balance & avoid trauma to the belly. I kept dancing (hiphop & tap) last time through my 9th month....I''m teaching salsa this week & next week...but I gave up outdoor cycling, kickboxing, running (although my OB ok''d jogging for me, it just sounds...yukky right now....)

Mmmm...no pudge brownie w/smidge raspberry jam & a dollop of lite whip cream + cold glass of skim milk? Heaven!!

Diver...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening WWT'ers...! rod glad to see you are continuing to love being home. and trust me we are definitely thinking about if we can do another state/area or not...and it's funny because i can SO see myself being like kimberly is right now on her trip. i gotta say i think i agree with you on Raleigh not being cosmopolitan enough for me. when i was looking into hotels there i was like 'umm there are no 5 star hotels?'. and the 4 star was like the marriott. and the pictures...yeah...not a 4 star in my book!! and in some sites people had like a best western listed as a 4 star? there is a sheraton, a marriott, an embassy suites and they all look not fabulous at all! the sheraton seems the nicest. but i was like gosh this doesn't seem like it is a very metropolitan area at all. hehee. anyway...we'll go and it will be fun regardless hehe.

so we walked downtown and had dinner at Amicis finally!! we loved their pizzas...yummy. we shared a bowl of minestrone, a side garden salad with ff sundried tomato basil dressing and then we each got a mini personal pizza. i got the margherita and greg got a clam and garlic one. super yummy. definitely going back and i was sooo jazzed to find a fab pizza place that is not totally killing you on calories and fat! my pizza was 430 cals and the minestrone bowl we shared was 140 and salad was like 40 total incl dressing. so really nice! greg loved his pizza and he thought the walk down there and back was a fab idea when we were there (on the way over he was grousing a bit!). we even said we could get take out pizza in the future, aka like a medium and share it and it'd be basically the same calories wise for 2 minis. yum!

then we walked back home and i made a vitalicious brownie parfait with a brownie, a 60 cal dulce de leche pudding cup and ff whipped cream. yummy but i should have added the strawberries i was thinking looked good in the fridge...would have given it a bit more sweetness. anyhow...had another light day for me at 1500 cals.

DJ good luck tomorrow!! AG hope you are feeling better. Gail sorry to hear that the day was hectic...congrats on good eating! icekid...yeah last week i was really paranoid about my good habits flying out the window at work but i think the over-splurging i did last week kind of helped me mentally reign it in for this week hehe. kudos Skippy on a good day of eating!!

hope everyone had a great night and has a great morning tomorrow!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi WWTr''s!

AG, congrats on the 29 lb. loss!!!!
35.gif
So proud of you!

DeeJay, good luck with your stress test tomorrow...if it''s any consolation, my dad (a colorectal cancer patient who''s just received another clean bill of health, thank god, has one scheduled for tomorrow also). You''ll do great, and hopefully they can rule out any sort of heart issues and you are healthy as ever.

Kimberly, please go with your gut feeling...I soooo wish selfishly that another PSr would move here and be available for GTGr''s but if you''re experiencing intuition and reservations than I believe in following your instincts. Please come for a GTG sometime, though, so we can enjoy your company in person!

gosh, it is tough to keep up with this thread anymore, although I"m so glad it''s gotten to be such a success here on PS! I just can never keep track of all the responses so I can respond back, darnit!

I''m doing ok with my oral issues, still have a mouth full of metal at this point and looking forward to my actual brace date on Apr. 25th and subsequent surgery on May 2nd, so I''ve been eating to my heart''s content luckily with no weight gain, I think due to getting out with the dogs a few times a week and walking when it''s nice out. I still do some free weights as far as arms a few minutes every night, and have added some squats and lunges along with that to make for about a 20 minute workout, not to burn calories necessarily, but to maintain muscle mass as I anticipate some weight loss after my surgery when I will be on a liquid diet for some time. I am absolutely scared and apprehensive, but looking forward to the end result if that makes sense, so I''m doing ok mentally!

Mara, so glad to hear your job is going well and you are happy! You are a great person and young and vivacious and deserving of a great everyday existence, the more I get to know you through PS the more I respect and admire you and enjoy reading your posts. You''ve definitely made my PS experience better and I''m glad I happened upon this forum a couple of years ago. Your weight loss/ fitness journey has also been an inspiration, I am always impressed by your perseverence.
35.gif

Lorelei, again my heart goes out to you...my family and I lost an apaloosa who was a part of our family for 17 years when I was in high school, it has affected us all deeply and we still remember our Cricket to this day. My heart goes out to you and your family. I also wanted to let you know you''ve been such an inspiration in my smoking cessation; I''ve now been smokeless for 8.5 weeks!
35.gif

Everyone else you are doing great, stick with it, keep reading if you go away, and hang in there!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who shared their thoughts and encouragement. I am feeling like a horrible wife at the moment as John thought this was a done deal, that we just needed to pick a neighborhood. He was really excited about moving his business to a city with a lot more potential and I''m sick about telling him I don''t think I can do this, and I''m sick about the idea of moving here.
7.gif
I''ve moved 4 times in 5 years and I am ready to call somewhere home, and I''ll miss my family and I love CA, and...

We had a wonderful evening. We went to Everest for dinner and saw The Color Purple...a great way to get my mind off of things, but I woke up upset again this morning.

DeeJay, I''ll be thinking about you today.

Mara, glad you found a pizza place to eat at!

Have a great day all.

~K

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, we thought the fact there was not one five star hotel was odd too. When we went on the househunting weekend from Tampa, they put us up at the Sheraton downtown. It's OK, but not up to the standards we are accustomed to. Then we went walking around the area where the Sheraton is (they are building a new convention center next door), there were like all thes bail bondsman offices. I know downtown is the Capital, but we thought it odd and somewhat dingy that there were all these bondsman offices. They are building a Renaissance Hotel at North Hills (where Mura and Golds Gym is), but it's like two years from opening as they're just now pouring the footers. Otherwise, there wasn't much in the way of really nice hotels at all. When you talk about walking downtown for dinner and then walking home, it's the kind of life we want. That kind of life will be pretty hard if not impossible to recreate in Raleigh.

ETA: I just got my first opportunit to interview for a job in Tampa. WOO HOO. It sounds interesting. It's with a medical staffing company and they're looking for someone to build a contract staffing arm for them. They know I don't know the medical world, but they haven't run into anyone who has as much contract staffing experience as me, so maybe it will be a good opportunity to do something I know and learn something I don't. We're getting together Tuesday morning. Could be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results