shape
carat
color
clarity

weekend photos (NC mountain resort)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter and I went away for the weeked with a friend and her daughter. It was so beautiful that I wanted to share a few pictures with you! These are taken at the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC. I am sorry that most of the pictures have people in them, so there are only a few that I can post. Anyway, it''s a wonderful place if you ever come to that area!

GroveParkInn2007 001b.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sunset view from restaurant window

GroveParkInn2007 007 (2).jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
(don''t know why the last one was so large, sorry!) my little girl took this picture...she has an artistic eye (unlike me!)

GroveParkInn2007 018.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trying to make a smaller sunset picture

GroveParkInn2007 007 (2)a.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My apologies for the big pictures!

GroveParkInn2007 006 (2).JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow DS looks like a lovely spot. Glad you had a nice get away with your daughter!!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What a nice getaway DS and what a beautiful place! You make me want to visit North Carolina.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
DS,........... Your pics remind me of our Holiday trip.

Hubby is originally from that part of the country so we went "Home" for a visit. Incredibly, I hadn''t been back in almost 10 years. It was wonderful to be back in the mountains. I forgot how much I''d missed them.

The great part about NC is you can be in a spot like DS''s pics. A mountain hideaway. And within hours, you can be sunning on the beach, or swimming in the Atlantic.

And Sweet Tea!! Oh My Word!! I had so missed the Sweet Tea!!
18.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kaleigh and Sundial! It was a fun girls weekend, but I felt badly that my hubby was not there because he would have loved it, too! The food is outstanding and it has an elaborate spa, which I did not go to. If I tell you that a manicure is $75 there, then perhaps you''ll understand why I skipped the spa!! Haha!

Finding_Neverland, yes, we really are fortunate to live 1 1/2 hours from mountains and 4 hours from the beach. We love both and enjoy our trips every time. I have to laugh about the sweet tea! We take that so for granted that I forget it is not common everywhere!

Here''s one of their pictures of the pools in the spa:

GroveParkInnSpa1a.jpg

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Oh diamond seeker your making me cry
39.gif
. I am from Boone About an hour more or less from where you stayed. I miss the mountains so much. I am happy that you had a wonderful vacation.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/14/2007 5:33:46 PM
Author: angel_nieves
Oh diamond seeker your making me cry
39.gif
. I am from Boone About an hour more or less from where you stayed. I miss the mountains so much. I am happy that you had a wonderful vacation.
Aww, I forgot about that if you already told me! Our daughter is in school in Boone. It is beautiful there, too! Thank you!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pictures, looks like a really wonderful place to relax. The pool pictures looks divine.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
how cool to have a girl weekend!! very fun!! the resort is nice but that pool is insane!! love it!! glad you had a great time :)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks like fun DS, that pool and sunset are my fave...are you in NC ? how far is this resort from something like the raleigh area?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Neat! Did you go to the Biltmore while you were out there? I went to the cutest little car museum at the Grove Park; they also have a nice brunch! How fun! I am glad you had a wonderful time. I want to go back now that I see your pictures.
31.gif

We went right before Christmas about 5 years ago and saw the Biltmore decorated so beautiful and all the fireplaces were going.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/14/2007 5:11:41 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Finding_Neverland, yes, we really are fortunate to live 1 1/2 hours from mountains and 4 hours from the beach. We love both and enjoy our trips every time. I have to laugh about the sweet tea! We take that so for granted that I forget it is not common everywhere!

Our kids are all in college and work part-time jobs. I wanted a family vacation, so I mandated back in September, early October that everyone put in for time off. The "kids" grudgingly went along with Mom. This was so not gonna be kewl.

The first time we had dinner in a sit down restaurant, the waitress came to take our drink order. The kids ordered sodas or flavored lemonades or whatever. The gal got to me and I said, "I think I''ll have tea." The waitress asked if I wanted "Sweet Tea" and the WHOLE table went, "YUM! Sweet Tea!!" So the waitress had to change everyone''s drink order.
9.gif

All in all, the kids had a much better time than they were expecting.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/14/2007 6:10:52 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
how cool to have a girl weekend!! very fun!! the resort is nice but that pool is insane!! love it!! glad you had a great time :)
Cehra, that was the spa pool, which requires big bucks to use! But they also have a sports center with an exercise room and a nice pool which can be used without an extra charge, thankfully.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/14/2007 6:29:39 PM
Author: Mara
looks like fun DS, that pool and sunset are my fave...are you in NC ? how far is this resort from something like the raleigh area?
Yes, I am in NC. I''d say that the resort would be about 4 hours from Raleigh (an easy drive...almost 1 interstate the whole way). Raleigh is in the eastern part of the state and the mountains are in the western part. NC is such a wide state that we are closer to the beaches near Charleston, SC than we are to the beaches of NC.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/14/2007 6:41:44 PM
Author: Skippy123
Neat! Did you go to the Biltmore while you were out there? I went to the cutest little car museum at the Grove Park; they also have a nice brunch! How fun! I am glad you had a wonderful time. I want to go back now that I see your pictures.
31.gif

We went right before Christmas about 5 years ago and saw the Biltmore decorated so beautiful and all the fireplaces were going.
We did not go to Biltmore this weekend, but I have been before. I''d LOVE to see it decorated for Christmas! That would be a logical thing to do if someone was to visit the Grove Park Inn since they are very close.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS,
It is so beautiful at Christmas and it really gets you in the spirit! They have professionals singing carols. It is very pretty and Loved seeing the huge fireplaces all lit up. Now I really want to go back soon!!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m glad to hear it is worth going at Christmas, Skippy! I have no excuse since it is not all that far.

I forgot something really important!!

They were having a jewelry show there this weekend! I meant to take a picture of the sign to post here but I didn''t have my camera when I thought about it! Lol! To give you an idea of the type of jewelry they had, it ranged from costume jewelry to estate and new fine jewelry...they had a 42 carat diamond necklace and many other diamond, sapphire, and other beautiful rings and other pieces. I figured the prices were sky high because of where it was, so I did not ask for any prices. I just can''t buy anything expensive anymore without knowing about the quality of the stones anyway. It was fun to look, though!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I''m putting this on my Places To Visit!!

Great pics!

How neat you just had a girls weekend, I bet that was fun.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Been going every year since 1987! This will be our 20th year. My husband wants his ashes spread from the porch of the GPI when the sun sets under Piscah Mountain.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I think you mentioned early on not including some pics because of including people without their permission, but...do you have any of inside, like the lobby? I hear they have a massive fireplace, and some nice arts & crafts furniture. Got turned onto arts & crafts when we went furniture shopping a dozen years ago.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/15/2007 12:17:28 PM
Author: fire&ice
Been going every year since 1987! This will be our 20th year. My husband wants his ashes spread from the porch of the GPI when the sun sets under Piscah Mountain.
We go to the mountains every year, but oddly this is the first time we have been to GPI. I see why you return! I think we will make it our yearly anniversary trip from now on since our anniversary gets overshadowed by Christmas.

Ellen, it was super fun to have a girls weekend! I was glad my friend mentioned she was going and invited us. The first time i called they were booked up, but I called back the next day and we were able to get a room! It was the perfect weekend to go since we had today off. But we had so much fun that I did feel guilty leaving my hubby at home, so next year he can go, too!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/15/2007 6:22:36 PM
Author: Regular Guy
I think you mentioned early on not including some pics because of including people without their permission, but...do you have any of inside, like the lobby? I hear they have a massive fireplace, and some nice arts & crafts furniture. Got turned onto arts & crafts when we went furniture shopping a dozen years ago.
There was arts and crafts furniture throughout the hotel. The main lobby is massive, and it has seating areas, but it is not elaborate at all. The restaurants had the furniture and our room, which was in the new part had very nice quality reproduction arts and crafts style furniture. I don''t have good pictures of the lobby with the exception of the huge fireplace. let me edit a little and I''ll post that one.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, DS, nice fireplace.

Too bad about the girl, though, they have procedures for that...
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results