shape
carat
color
clarity

Week 8 - Share Photos: Gettting Ready for the Big Day

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
thanks so much for continuing to share your favorites. I can see that so far that the dress photo thread is the most popular.

this week let''s see your favorite shot of you or anyone else getting ready for the wedding day.

the rule of the game is that you''re only allowed to share one photo per weekly thread. however, you are allowed to reuse a photo you used in a previous thread.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
here is mine, a reflection in the mirror. was putting in my earrings. I like the way you can see pretty curls the hairdresser made on top of my ponytail.

noelwrgettingready1.JPG

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s mine, this is how I made it through the day...

6608_97581993931_592928931_2204859_1690477_n31.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Here is mine, I love this picture and I actually have a print of it framed in my study at home.

D3X_701708142009.jpg

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/14/2009 10:08:52 AM
Author: wannaBMrsH
Here is mine, I love this picture and I actually have a print of it framed in my study at home.

I love this one!!
30.gif

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Here''s mine...
9.gif

Rachiefavgetready.jpg

everlong_x

Shiny_Rock
Wow, wannaB! That is a beautiful shot!

This is my favorite "getting ready" shot. My sister wanted to help, so she put my earrings on for me.
9.gif

gettingready42608.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I really like everyone''s photos.

Here''s mine. It shows how happy and excited I was.

Havengettingreadypic.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I made my picture black and white to make it look more professional. (My sister took it.)

I forgot to say that I had just read the card DH wrote to me when she took this picture.

havengettingreadypicbw.jpg

charbie

Ideal_Rock
oh this is tough. i have a few that i luuuuuurrve. so im going to cheat and put two. 1 is just for fun, and 1 is more of a "pro" pic.
this one just makes me laugh. i love that i'm surrounded with my favorite girls ever, and my face is priceless :)

charbiegettingready.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
here's mine! so happy...

(Obviously not in my gown yet by the way
1.gif
)

wedding morning!.jpg

charbie

Ideal_Rock
and the more serious shot of my mom putting my earrings in. i''m obviously crying. in all of my "mirror shots" i''m crying.

charbiegettingready2.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hehe, I''m cheating like charbie and doing two, because I probably should have posted one with me in my dress instead of the other one...
37.gif

gettingready-1.jpg

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/14/2009 9:52:06 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Here''s mine, this is how I made it through the day...
HH, I love it! I have a similar picture of myself, seriously needed a glass...or two....to set the nerves pre-ceremony!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a tad too lazy to look through all my pics, so I'm posting a pic that I pre-shrunk in the past...

ETA: You can't see how stressed I was at this point. My absolutely awful hair person forgot to put my veil on for me. We tried to go to a neighboring salon to get it fixed, but it was a 30 minute drive away (that's what I get for having a wedding in the middle of acres of wineries!) and we just didn't have the time for it. My SIL managed to put the thing on, but it kept slipping off through out the day!

kamadressingup.jpg

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous pictures, ladies!

WannaB, I love that picture! Everything about it is perfect!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Rachie and Pocahontas! I love it too and as I mentioned in a previous thread, I loved that my photographer was able to give me something truly beautiful even though I wasn''t very easy to work with. I was such a mess before the ceremony.

I love my photos and I appreciate that you liked them, too!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock

smurfygettingready2pp.jpg

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
lol sorry i''ve been photoshop crazy, now that i edited it i don''t know if i like it in black and white anymore but it is what it is :)

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
Here''s mine! I like the mirror/symmetrical effect.

I''m not so wild on the fact that my fringe is hanging down so it looks a bit like I have a giant sideburn... but I guess that just adds to the not-quite-ready-yet feel! ;-)

ckgettingready.jpg

iloveny

Shiny_Rock
Here''s mine!

HC3486.jpg

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my getting ready shot. I had the makeup artist working on me and a peppermint tea to calm my tummy before the big walk down the aisle
2.gif

Me getting ready w bucks.jpg

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 7:39:48 PM
Author: iloveny
Here''s mine!
I''m not exactly a newlywed anymore (although I still feel like one lol) so I have no business browsing this thread really, but I just wanted to say, iloveny, you are so beautiful! Your pics are all lovely, but this one is really special. You have such a glow about you.

Jen

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
i agree. I have also noticed that iloveny is a natural beauty.

Mrs Mitchell - oldieweds are also allowed to share their photos, so let''s see them!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2009 5:17:42 AM
Author: Mrs Mitchell
Date: 12/15/2009 7:39:48 PM

Author: iloveny

Here''s mine!

I''m not exactly a newlywed anymore (although I still feel like one lol) so I have no business browsing this thread really, but I just wanted to say, iloveny, you are so beautiful! Your pics are all lovely, but this one is really special. You have such a glow about you.

Jen

Pish-posh MrsMitchell!! ANYONE is allowed to be browsing around here and posting. It just happens to be where the collection of topics that relate to Newlyweds is held. I posted a lot in BWW before I was a bride and I never thought it was wrong. Please don''t think you shouldn''t be nosing around in here! If this the case, then I need to stop lurking in the TTC and preggo threads!! You''re welcome here any time, promise!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
This is really the only picture of the getting ready stuff that has just me in it that I actually really like. The color version made the final cut in our parents'' albums from the wedding. All of the ones of me getting my hair done came out sorta wonky because I was ultra aware of the photographer.

ctekweek8gettingready.jpg

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2009 5:32:52 AM
Author: noelwr
i agree. I have also noticed that iloveny is a natural beauty.

Mrs Mitchell - oldieweds are also allowed to share their photos, so let''s see them!
Ah. See, when I said I wasn''t a newlywed, I meant I really wasn''t! My photos are not digital.
9.gif

I had them all scanned, but my old laptop died and I only have one left. Must get round to doing them again! (It isn''t a getting ready photo, so I won''t post it here, but if there''s a venue pic thread, it can go on that one.)

Thank you Clairitek, for the kind welcome! Lurking in the preggo thread is dangerous. When it first appeared, I was in the no kids ever camp. Now, not so much.
2.gif

Jen

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
This is goofy, but it was the best part of getting ready. We''d just gotten to the hotel and my SIL had put her ipod on. The first song was Ice Cube, "You Can Do It (Put Your Back Into It)". Instinctively, I jumped on the couch and started dancing out the nerves.
9.gif

sunnygettingready.jpg

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
This was taken while my mom and best friend were buttoning up my dress. :)

katywigetready.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results