shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Website

paris29

Shiny_Rock
How many of you have wedding websites? What info should we include? The website I'm using allows our guest to rsvp online, for those of you who have that option has it been helpful? Any tips or advice in creating one?

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
paris29 said:
How many of you have wedding websites? What info should we include? The website I'm using allows our guest to rsvp online, for those of you who have that option has it been helpful? Any tips or advice in creating one?

We have one. We went with Wedsite. I've gotten compliments from everyone. There is a ton of information on it. Here is a summary:
- Welcome
- About the bride
- About the groom
- Our Story
- The Proposal
- List of Bridal Party
- Hotel block information
- Photos
- Registry Info
- Guestbook

We had the option of allowing guests to rsvp online. However, I didn't want to give guests that option because we have a very tight guest list and I didn't want people who didn't receive a paper invitation to "assume" they were invited and rsvp online.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
legallyspoiled said:
We have one. We went with Wedsite. I've gotten compliments from everyone. There is a ton of information on it. Here is a summary:
- Welcome
- About the bride
- About the groom
- Our Story
- The Proposal
- List of Bridal Party
- Hotel block information
- Photos
- Registry Info
- Guestbook

We had the option of allowing guests to rsvp online. However, I didn't want to give guests that option because we have a very tight guest list and I didn't want people who didn't receive a paper invitation to "assume" they were invited and rsvp online.

We're using weddingwire.com to host ours. It's still a work in progress since work has been really crazy lately and since our Save the Dates aren't going out until the end of next month, I have some time!

We hae pretty much the same pages as Legally Spoiled, as well as:
~Venue Information (ceremony and reception)
~Honeymoon Information
~Things to do in KC for our OOT guests

We will also not be using the website RSVP function for the wedding. I may use it, however, for our informal open-house style reception back where we live now (Washington DC) since all of the people attending that are pretty interwebz-savvy and it's a relatively fluid guest list due to the nature of the party.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
My software engineer husband created our site! He got really into it, lol.

We didn't drive RSVPs through our website because we had a large guest list and many invitees were not computer-savvy. I think online RSVPs are great though, if you can make it work for your guest list. We had 3 dinner choices so we also put the menu up on the website and included an insert card with both the save the dates and the RSVP postcard driving people to the website to see their menu choices to keep the RSVP card relatively uncluttered. We got a lot of positive feedback on that!

In addition to the menu, we also had the usual stuff on there - things to do, wedding schedule information, venue information (dress code, valet info, stuff like that), hotel information (both where we reserved blocks and other hotels in the area to give a good price point spread), registry info, and we had what I guess you would term a blog on there that we'd update fairly regularly during the planning process with reminders like, don't forget to reserve your hotel room by such and such date if you need one, etc.

Now that the wedding is over, we've set up a FTP site linked through our website for everybody who took photos at the wedding to upload them to so all the guests can see them, and we also uploaded our honeymoon pics to the site so our family can see them. We have the domain name for a year so we might as well use it!

UnderBlue

Shiny_Rock
I made ours on Google sites and made our own RSVP function via a survey site. Wasn't too painful and I didn't have to pick from ugly templates.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results